The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2011, 02:51 AM   #1
ChrisToker

Default Madden 12 Online Franchise 360

Well another year has come and gone with no update to OF mode in Madden 12. Im sure they didn't have the time to work on it due to fact they added more gimmicky presentation (that still doesn't match NFL2K5,nearing decade and new generation console later) that most ppl will just press A button to skip after first few days of playing. Im not hear to bash EA, overall they put out (giggity) a decent game.

Im looking for ppl that also enjoy gaming that would be willing to put in a few seasons in. I will have custome rules witch I am looking to implement to ensure enjoyable experience for all. So feedback is welcome & encouraged.

GamerTag for XBox Live: IncognitoKilla (BRONCOS haha first and commish)

Please include team of intrest you dont have to include gamertag at moment if you dont want to. My preference of enjoyable gamers are ppl that play more like "SIM Football" i.e. dont go for it on 4th and 10, use know "glitches" like nano blits, talk hateful (some smack talk is part of the game).
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2011, 03:08 AM   #2
ChrisToker

Other Teams taken: (fudge) Packers, Ravens (what do you call a bunch of owls...a parliament. what do you call a bunch of crows/ravens... a murder of crows [ironic? i think not!] )

Teams dont really matter I plan to do fantasy draft to even up the teams and make it more personal. If you hate to play in snow thats coo just pick dome team. Hate the rain? Def dont pick the Jags. Trust me this will be a blast ppl. I will be hashing out some rules that will make it better than norml OF's. Better yet WE can make some awsome rules by collectively bouncing around ideas.

We could even have a vote and be more purductive than real NFL!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #3
ChrisToker

RULES IN THE WORKS
QT Length: 7 min. 15 sec run off.
Skill LVL: Want to put All Madden but thats one needed for vote.
Trades to CPU teams: More on that later.
Week progression: ASAP not wanting ppl to lose intrest (most likely vote to see what works for ppl)
Some type of rule aginst multiple restarts aginst CPU. Maybe after X amount of restarts equals auto sim of game?? Then if repeated loss of player/draft pick?? To ensure multiple restarts are not needed by turning of injury (I love to knock out ppl's players for multiple weeks as much as next man but I hate restarts worse)??

Last edited by ChrisToker; 07-23-2011 at 03:45 AM..
Old 07-23-2011, 03:25 AM   #4
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

I wish this video was better , but that Denver pre home game hype looks pretty cool...
But I miss 2ksports football also.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:30 AM   #5
ChrisToker

Remember in 2k5 the had highlights from other CPU games during halftime? That to me is presentation. But I wont lie that intro looks sick for the new Madden.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:43 AM   #6
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I find these are generally a bad idea on this site because everyone just wants to be denver :\
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #7
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If you get it rolling, I'll take the Seahawks.

Always been a fan of the neon.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 07:14 AM   #8
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

mark me down for the Patriots if this gets going, gamertag: evoxphoenix

Thanks (ps. switch me to the Packers if that for some reason opens up)
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:22 AM   #9
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

ill take the saints
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 01:54 PM   #10
ChrisToker

I do understand everyone wants Broncos. If it gets to point that no one wants to play do to not being Broncos I will choose a nother team (prob a team in whatever division that has no user in it) and no ones the Broncos. I did understand that on this website that could be a major issue. Once again I want to do fantasy draft to even up the teams (something tells me TEBOW will be gone w/ 1st overall pick ). I also will be having some inovative rules for free agents and trades to CPU teams that we all will enjoy.

TEAMS TAKEN: Broncos, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, Lions, Texans.

Last edited by ChrisToker; 07-23-2011 at 03:42 PM..
Old 07-23-2011, 02:27 PM   #11
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Ill take the lions. Gt- bHags8
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #12
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Wait are we doing a "fantasy draft"?

If that's the case, I'm down. I love those. I'll be Houston.

If not. Gimme the Eagles.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:53 PM   #13
ChrisToker

THOUGHTS ABOUT USER TO CPU TRADES:

So I was thinking that each year we could make 2 trades to CPU teams.

1st trade would be of some one of like position w/in 6 overal ranking. EXAMPLE I want to upgrade my DT position, I waited too long in fantasy draft and best guy overall was rated 76. Well you could trade the player to a CPU team that had a player upto 82 rating. When this type of trade is made the rule will be you cant do trade for same position for TWO YEARS. So next year you could do a WR but not DT.

2nd trade would be, I have player CB rated 86. Well im stocked at CB but lacking a good HB. You would be able to trade to a diffrent position player that is same overall rating. CB 86 traded to CPU team for HB 86.

If ?'s about any of this or better yet ideas please let me know.

TEAMS TAKEN: Broncos, Saints, Patriots, Seahawks, Packers, Ravens, Lions, Texans.

Last edited by ChrisToker; 07-23-2011 at 03:43 PM..
Old 07-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #14
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I'm definitely in favor of a fantasy draft. As for cpu trades, I think 6 points is even stretching it, MJD is in no way a fair trade with A. Peterson or CJ2K. Optimally we'll just have enough people interested that we won't have more than a couple cpu's anyways.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:50 PM   #15
ChrisToker

I was thinking that maybe we would cap the number of user teams. I have played afew w/ 20 plus players and we didnt make it to playoffs due to lost intrest and ppl stoped playing. I play COD but still find time for my Madden fix. Others just quit when the new COD came out.

I see your point on the 6points maybe too high so we can work out something. I appreciate the feedback.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:02 PM   #16
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDmvp View Post

I wish this video was better , but that Denver pre home game hype looks pretty cool...
But I miss 2ksports football also.
LUL, Orton with the captain patch running out unannounced.

EA can **** off when it comes to Madden. Same **** every year with little to no innovation because they don't have to put the money in with exclusivity on the NFL license.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 04:20 PM   #17
ChrisToker

I hear you 100% UberBroncoMan. EA has done a bad job with there exclusive at fans expense. Like it or not 2K will never outbid EA for rights to make NFL game. It drives me bonkers that "if you hate what they do, just dont buy it" argument from ppl. It's all there is, plane and simple.

With that said I would prefer to not have this become a FU EA SPORTS thread. I agree like I said but it's a lost cause now.
Old 07-23-2011, 05:24 PM   #18
Punisher
Styling And Profiling!

Running Wild in the AFC WOOOOOO!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
I4jelway7 = God

I got the I Don't Care team they have a pretty good RB
Punisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 05:02 AM   #19
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisToker View Post
I was thinking that maybe we would cap the number of user teams. I have played afew w/ 20 plus players and we didnt make it to playoffs due to lost intrest and ppl stoped playing. I play COD but still find time for my Madden fix. Others just quit when the new COD came out.

I see your point on the 6points maybe too high so we can work out something. I appreciate the feedback.
Most leagues fall through like week 4, especially with fantasy drafts, when people realized they **** it in the draft.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #20
Cosmo
Perennial Pro-bowler

Playing NCAA Football 12 this year. Significant improvements made everywhere, including Online Dynasty. Said it before and i'll say it again. Madden team is crap.
Cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #21
ChrisToker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Most leagues fall through like week 4, especially with fantasy drafts, when people realized they **** it in the draft.
Thats why I offer the couple of trades per season, that way the ppl that have a couple of holes on roster can get decent overall. I have some buddies that will be joining the league so Im expecting there to be at least a couple of seasons played.

Every year what I normally do is wait to start the OF until 1st roster update. 1st roster update happens between week 1 through week 3. So in the meantime I usually play OF w/out draft so ppl can get a feel for what they want in a team.
Old 07-24-2011, 05:05 PM   #22
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Playing NCAA Football 12 this year. Significant improvements made everywhere, including Online Dynasty. Said it before and i'll say it again. Madden team is crap.
NCAA isn't fun though. That's the problem.

But thanks for coming.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:27 PM   #23
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

I thought they did work on Offline Franchise mode?
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 09:10 PM   #24
ChrisToker

No this will be 2nd year in a row that EA didn't address OF. Allegedly it is the least used mode. I say thats BS, I have never meet anyone that uses SuperStar mode or UltimateTeam more than a few days. IF OF is the least used mode it'd make some sence, due to fact that its generic as ####. Few updates on rosters, no way to practice w/ team, list goes on and on.

This rant goes away from my original request not to bash EA for the evil empire it is so please lets just keep it on track w/ talking about the OF. I plan on making it unique. ProBowl selections, Offence and Defence Players Of The Year, MVP etc.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:04 AM   #25
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I'd be willing to play but i have PS3.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote