The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 10:54 AM   #1
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default Breaking: Large bomb detonated in Oslo, political buildings attacked

An explosion has damaged government buildings in Oslo with injuries reported. The cause of the blast has yet to be ascertained.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/blog...-live-coverage

Quote:
There has been one or several powerful explosions in the government district in Oslo. So far, police cannot say anything about the scope of the damage, aside from that there's been one or several explosions.
Quote:
A man disguised as a police officer began shooting where youth were attending a Labour party conference at Utoya, Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg has just confirmed.

He said there is a 'critical and serious situation' but he is safe.

He was speaking on the phone to Norwegian TV station TV2.

Last edited by Kaylore; 07-22-2011 at 11:22 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #2
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Enough is enough.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 22,023

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Sad.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:02 AM   #4
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

It's a sad world when I instantly think I know where blame should fall.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:03 AM   #5
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
It's a sad world when I instantly think I know where blame should fall.
I tried pretty hard to keep my post as generic as possible. However I think we all assumed the same thing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
12 straight road division wins

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 47,269

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default





Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:10 AM   #7
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

In b4 "False Flag" claims to get the mighty Norway on our side that will make me rage more than I already am
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #8
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Who's pissed at Norway?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
RMT
Rocky Mountain Thunder
 
RMT's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: United States
Posts: 3,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Who's pissed at Norway?
Take a guess ...
RMT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Who's pissed at Norway?
That was my thoughts. I don't know about the country but believe they're heavily socialist with not much of an international presence. What could the issues really be?
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #11
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMT View Post
Take a guess ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
That was my thoughts. I don't know about the country but believe they're heavily socialist with not much of an international presence. What could the issues really be?

Polar bears, penguins...?

i honestly don't know.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #12
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Polar bears, penguins...?

i honestly don't know.


When power goes to your head, it doesn't necessarily need a good reason to make someone snap.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:23 AM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

From Reuters so we don't have to be "racist" to come out and say it:

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/n...pected-groups/
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:27 AM   #14
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
From Reuters so we don't have to be "racist" to come out and say it:

http://www.trust.org/alertnet/news/n...pected-groups/
Kinda lazy on their part. Surely, there's SOME homegrown group that could be responsible as well.

I mean, odds are definitely in favor of one of those they mentioned but laziness is present as well.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:29 AM   #15
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Who's pissed at Norway?

The blast comes as Norway grapples with a homegrown terror plot linked to Al Qaeda. Two suspects are in jail awaiting charges.

Last week, a Norwegian prosecutor filed terror charges against an Iraqi-born cleric for threatening Norwegian politicians with death if he is deported from the Scandinavian country. The indictment centered on statements that Mullah Krekar -- the founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam -- made to various news media, including American network NBC.



Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07...#ixzz1Sr9UN682
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #16
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,033
Default

I guess I missed the thread(s) where it's "racist" to assume some muslim extremist group did this. GTFO here with your political correctness. History repeats itself and facts are facts, therefor I would be quick to assume the aforementioned are to blame. I don't care if it's al-shabbi-wabbi-boom-bing or al-queef. It's like trying to make apple pie out of a sack of oranges.

Sorry, that crap just pisses me off (as well as this terrorist act).
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #17
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
The blast comes as Norway grapples with a homegrown terror plot linked to Al Qaeda. Two suspects are in jail awaiting charges.

Last week, a Norwegian prosecutor filed terror charges against an Iraqi-born cleric for threatening Norwegian politicians with death if he is deported from the Scandinavian country. The indictment centered on statements that Mullah Krekar -- the founder of the Kurdish Islamist group Ansar al-Islam -- made to various news media, including American network NBC.



Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/07...#ixzz1Sr9UN682
Thanks. Sounds about accurate.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:31 AM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Kinda lazy on their part. Surely, there's SOME homegrown group that could be responsible as well.

I mean, odds are definitely in favor of one of those they mentioned but laziness is present as well.
Yeah, sure. Casey Anthony COULD be innocent too. And the #1 NBA draft pick could be white. And a Dominican could be bad at baseball.

Bottom line: The world is WAY too sensitive and if we need to hurt to start hurting some ****ing feelings to get the job done, so be it, imo.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #19
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick_7 View Post
I guess I missed the thread(s) where it's "racist" to assume some muslim extremist group did this. GTFO here with your political correctness. History repeats itself and facts are facts, therefor I would be quick to assume the aforementioned are to blame. I don't care if it's al-shabbi-wabbi-boom-bing or al-queef. It's like trying to make apple pie out of a sack of oranges.

Sorry, that crap just pisses me off (as well as this terrorist act).
I think we all assumed it. I was just saying it's sad because it's become so commonplace that terrorism is almost synonymous with Islamic Extremist.

Beyond that, until we get the facts, why give the "You're all racist!" crowd any extra ammo? No point in turning this into another "It's an isolated group of people not representative of the larger majority" or "Don't you remember when Christians were killing everyone in the Crusades?" discussion.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:36 AM   #20
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
or "Don't you remember when Christians were killing everyone in the Crusades?" discussion.

yeah, the 'we had it coming' threads

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #21
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sun and Beachville
Posts: 14,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yeah, sure. Casey Anthony COULD be innocent too. And the #1 NBA draft pick could be white. And a Dominican could be bad at baseball.

Bottom line: The world is WAY too sensitive and if we need to hurt to start hurting some ****ing feelings to get the job done, so be it, imo.
Yeah, just saying the article pretty much took our laymen assumptions, added terror group names, and published it. Nobody laying odds on the situation would doubt that the Islamic extremists are the most likely culprits but there is always the faint chance.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #22
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Yeah, just saying the article pretty much took our laymen assumptions, added terror group names, and published it. Nobody laying odds on the situation would doubt that the Islamic extremists are the most likely culprits but there is always the faint chance.
So it wasn't a white jewish mexican?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #23
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist
 
alkemical's Avatar
 
rorrim|mirror

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Future
Posts: 43,095

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia
Default

All kidding aside, this is terrible.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #24
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,382
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
So it wasn't a white jewish mexican?
they're called hispanics...

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #25
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,096

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
Who's pissed at Norway?
You can't stop crazy
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Denver Broncos