The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > Off Topics Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #1
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default Tony Stewart

This doesn't look good. Kevin Ward spins out after Tony hits his front left tire...then Kevin exits the vehicle and onto the curved section of the track to try to stop Tony's car to fight it out...

NSFChildren

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 08-10-2014 at 07:18 AM..
Vegas_Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2014, 07:12 AM   #2
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

What an idiot. Why the **** would you get out of your car and pretty much stand in front of a moving object?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:13 AM   #3
Dukes
Ring of Famer

I don't follow racing. Does anyone think Stewart hit him on purpose?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #4
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
People will claim he did, really no way to tell. What we do know is this kid made a horrible decision and went onto the track with fast moving cars.

Why not just wait and duke it out in the pits?
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:20 AM   #5
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Writers all over this on twitter.

Stewarts business guys says "business as usual"

NASCAR to issue statement soon because T Stewart was still planning on racing today... despicable.

Stupid to walk on the track and the way Stewart swerves is a cause of concern to me as if it was on purpose.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:23 AM   #6
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
Tony is known as one of, if not, the hottest heads in NASCAR. That said, no one needs to be on the track trying to stop another competitor to fight. He either hit him at full speed out of spite or he simply did not see Ward. Stewart was not slowing down for the stopped car like other racers appeared to have done and should have veered left...not to the right...into the body of Ward.

Last edited by Vegas_Bronco; 08-10-2014 at 07:31 AM..
Old 08-10-2014, 07:26 AM   #7
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Dude got out of his car and tried challenge him. Problem is the ****ng moron is doing it around live cars. You step in front of a movie car you get hit.

EDIT: I missed the swerve, that looks bad and the other racer did die. That's a shame. Lesson learned is that you take you frustrations out off the track. But if Tony Stewart did hit the guy intentionally, **** that DBag

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 08-10-2014 at 07:29 AM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:28 AM   #8
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
Tony is known as one of if not the hottest heads in NASCAR. That said, no one needs to be on the track trying to stop another competitor to race. He either hit him at full speed out of spite or he simply did not see Ward. Stewart was not slowing down for the stopped car like other races appeared to have done and should have veered left...not to the right...into the body of Ward.
I didn't see much effort on the part of Stewart to slow down or avoid the kid. Even looks like he accelerates when he hits the kid. Kid gets a darwin award for his efforts though.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:36 AM   #9
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Wow that is crazy! I don't really follow racing, but this is a bit extreme.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:42 AM   #10
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I didn't see much effort on the part of Stewart to slow down or avoid the kid. Even looks like he accelerates when he hits the kid. Kid gets a darwin award for his efforts though.
agreed...too much went wrong on Stewarts part.
Old 08-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

The first ****ing thing they teach any race driver is NEVER be on the racetrack when there cars are moving. This was just Tony acting as some much needed bleach to clean out the shallower end of the gene-pool.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:46 AM   #12
Meck77

I don't follow racing much either. Have drivers ever been sent to prison for their actions? Steward sure seems like a contender for manslaughter if not murder charges. Or are their wavers everyone signs that says "It's business as usual if you get slammed by another driver while you are pissed off?"
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #13
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
I don't follow racing much either. Have drivers ever been sent to prison for their actions? Steward sure seems like a contender for manslaughter if not murder charges. Or are their wavers everyone signs that says "It's business as usual if you get slammed by another driver while you are pissed off?"
You can't sign a waiver, the law still applies. Waivers would only prevent civil lawsuits.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:24 AM   #14
delany
Uber Bronco

Pro Tip, rookies. If you are dressed all in black...you might just be hard to see when the focus is not on pedestrians.

People will spin this a lot of ways. unfortunately we will never know if there was any malice aforethought in Tony's mind as Ward was an idiot.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #15
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

I also notice the car makes a sharp swerve almost AFTER the body is hit. As in the guy being hit stuck in the wheel and pulling the race car to the side. Too hard to tell, you really need a head on angle to see if he swerved. But being on the track trying to fight is just stupid.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #16
baja
Elite Sissie

Because

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cito's Sissies

The fact Stewart was ready to race again the next day after killing a man does make one wonder.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:39 AM   #17
delany
Uber Bronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
The fact Stewart was ready to race again the next day after killing a man does make one wonder.
Not sure what it makes you wonder. That he purposely killed Ward?

Reports were that he was visibly shaken afterward.

Perhaps there are more than one way to hand traumatic situations? Tony was racing in Sprint car on his off time. Clearly what motivates and drives him is different than most. I am willing to bet that car racing is as close to a religion as there is for Tony.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #18
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Writers all over this on twitter.

Stewarts business guys says "business as usual"

NASCAR to issue statement soon because T Stewart was still planning on racing today... despicable.

Stupid to walk on the track and the way Stewart swerves is a cause of concern to me as if it was on purpose.
He may have purposely tried to scare Ward and throw dirt in his face.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #19
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I don't think there's any way that was intentional. It's extremely unlikely that Stewart would be expecting the kid on the track and then have the time hit him on purpose. If you watch the car that goes by before Stewart hits him, they are going the same speed, and the car swerves in almost the exact same manner. The idiot just got closer to Stewart and got hit by the fishtail of Stewart's car.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 08:58 AM   #20
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

I was a big Stewart fan until this. He totally hit him on purpose. No doubt about it. Now I'm sure he didn't want to kill him but he did. You can hear him nails the gas in the video. He is under caution already and had been for a while. Any sprint car driver knows what happens when you do this. It kicks the car sideways. Nothing Will happen though. He's a rich athletes. Pay some money and move on. Nothing to see here.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:06 AM   #21
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

A few things. Evidence apparently shows Stewart was behind another car, who did see Ward, who was dressed all in black on a dimly lit course. This driver swerved out of the way to avoid Ward. Stewart reacted to the swerve and turned hard the opposite way to avoid the crash, and unfortunately turned into Ward. Multiple accounts suggest Stewart was avoiding a crash, not trying to hit Stewart. And honestly, do some of you really believe Stewart would try and kill someone? Even if you believe he would, do you think he'd do it in front of a crowd and several video cameras? Ward had spun out and was pissed and exited his vehicle on a live course. How crazy is that? Stewart is devastated. And young man lost his life. No charges were pressed after all parties cooperated fully. Let's keep some perspective here....
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #22
winstoncup bronco
Crew Chief

Smoke is a lot of things, but murderer isn't one of them.
winstoncup bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:15 AM   #23
Maleficent
Once Upon A Dream

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Thoughts and prayers are with Kevin Ward and his family. An incredible tragedy for this young man.

It was unfolded all over twitter last night.
Maleficent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #24
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
I was a big Stewart fan until this. He totally hit him on purpose. No doubt about it. Now I'm sure he didn't want to kill him but he did. You can hear him nails the gas in the video. He is under caution already and had been for a while. Any sprint car driver knows what happens when you do this. It kicks the car sideways. Nothing Will happen though. He's a rich athletes. Pay some money and move on. Nothing to see here.
Assuming that was even his car that you can hear accelerating from what I have read and understand that would actually pull his car go towards the center away from Ward. Braking would have sent him further out and into Ward.

Now I'm not a fan so there could be other factors I don't know about but it seems like a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

Last edited by snowspot66; 08-10-2014 at 09:40 AM..
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 09:39 AM   #25
DENVERDUI55
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
Pure speculation.
DENVERDUI55 is offline   Reply With Quote