The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2011, 12:36 AM   #1
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default PFT: Seahawk player rep Chester Pitts says lockout may go on two more full weeks

From PFT:
We’re gonna need more ice for all of this champagne.

At a time when it has been widely believed that the NFLPA* and the NFL will approve the proposed labor deal and open the doors for free agency and training camps next week, Seahawks guard Chester Pitts told Tony Bruno of FOX Sports Radio that it will take “two full weeks” to get the situation resolved.

Pitts is the Seahawks’ player representative, and he attended Wednesday’s meetings in Washington, D.C. So he’s privy to what’s going on behind closed door

For more, see:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...wo-full-weeks/

That would be blue balls for sure.

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 07-21-2011 at 12:42 AM..
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2011, 12:42 AM   #2
Meck77

SoCal you aren't going to like my statement but here it goes. At this point my gut says the lawyers are simply making too much money to let this settle. They are the real winners in long nasty disputes. Always.

Please don't take this comment personally.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:45 AM   #3
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
SoCal you aren't going to like my statement but here it goes. At this point my gut says the lawyers are simply making too much money to let this settle. They are the real winners in long nasty disputes. Always.

That might be part of it...I know that there's been rumors that Jeffrey Kessler has been trying to torpedo the settlement so he can pursue more litigation (and thus more billing). I suspect, however, that the key issues involve the lockout insurance money as the article suggests, as well as a couple of the named plaintiffs continuing to insist on special benefits as part of the settlement (it was noted earlier today that V. Jackson and Mankins are still insisting on 10m apiece to approve the deal, as named plaintiffs).
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:11 AM   #4
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

This is absolutely killing me. This lockout is hurting our team more than we can even imagine.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:14 AM   #5
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

its greedy ****s like Jackson and Mankins on the players side holding **** up. then it is Demaurice Smith trying to strong arm **** and make a name for himself. i put the blame for the labor crap squarely on the side of the players. in everything that ever seems to come out about this stuff, it is the owners bending and showing flexibility while the players keep pushing for more.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:22 AM   #6
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
This is absolutely killing me. This lockout is hurting our team more than we can even imagine.
Get ready for 2-14.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:53 AM   #7
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Get ready for 2-14.
the Chiefs?

not a lot of faith in your team there Bobo

Old 07-21-2011, 02:59 AM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
on the plus side it is ****ing over a lot of teams. outside of teams like Green Bay, New England, Indy, and Pittsburgh most teams had serious work to do, and are being prevented. worst case scenario we remain the 2nd worst team in the league, because there is absolutely no chance in hell Carolina improves more than Denver with Cam Newton at QB and an entirely new coaching staff.

at least in Denver, regardless of the HC change there is still a lot of continuity that will be kept from last season on the offensive side of the ball, and with the majority of the defense having the playbook and working together no one is that far behind in terms of knowing what is going to be expected of them.

you can pretty much assume that most rookies were given copies of playbooks from current players who already had one and have hopefully studied them.

personally i am not all that worried. we were a 4-12 team that picked 2nd overall last year, not like we can really get much worse.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:12 AM   #9
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

This is the pits.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:22 AM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Watching NFL Network talking heads like Rich Eisen try and sell these shows about football, when there is none, is pretty funny. Honestly it's sort of pathetic.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #11
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Watching NFL Network talking heads like Rich Eisen try and sell these shows about football, when there is none, is pretty funny. Honestly it's sort of pathetic.
what else is nfl network supposed to do?

anyways, players dragging their feet? they probably just want to avoid training camp as long as possible, HOF game will be cancelled here soon, then snowball effect is possible.
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:34 AM   #12
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post

Please don't take this comment personally.
Ain't That the truth!!!!!
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:38 AM   #13
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Posturing imo
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 06:39 AM   #14
Kaylore
I am secretly Chrissy

AND Bob

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

There was an article on PFT a few weeks ago that mentioned they changed the payment arrangement of the legal team for the players in such a way that they no longer will get a piece of a settlement but will be paid for time or something of that nature. I believe it said there is a cutoff too, where they can't milk the system so to speak. The point being I don't know how much of this is the lawyers trying to make more money.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:29 AM   #15
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Wouldn't surprise me if it took at least a week. Two wouldn't surprise me either.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #16
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

settle in, this one will take awhile.

now NFLPA is saying it will take them 2 weeks to recertify, owners are ready to agree to a deal but NFLPA wants 320 million dollars from the OLD cba, and mankins and jackson want $10 million each to sign their names, even though they did ZERO in terms of litigation or negotiation.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:58 AM   #17
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Surrender the outcome and life becomes blissful.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:05 AM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
its greedy ****s like Jackson and Mankins on the players side holding **** up. then it is Demaurice Smith trying to strong arm **** and make a name for himself. i put the blame for the labor crap squarely on the side of the players. in everything that ever seems to come out about this stuff, it is the owners bending and showing flexibility while the players keep pushing for more.
Lets be clear about something. At anytime the owners can lift this lockout. Its an OWNER IMPOSED LOCKOUT
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:06 AM   #19
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Lets be clear about something. At anytime the owners can lift this lockout. Its an OWNER IMPOSED LOCKOUT
how can anyone still have this attitude? really?
Old 07-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #20
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
how can anyone still have this attitude? really?
h, because its true? Is it a players strike? I'm not saying the players are innocent in this matter (i think both sides are a bunch of a-holes), but this "oh the owners are just innocent victims to the players nefarious ways" attitude is just as wrong.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:24 AM   #21
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

yeah, the owners were ready for a year off of football....they'll be just fine over the next two weeks.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:40 AM   #22
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
h, because its true? Is it a players strike? I'm not saying the players are innocent in this matter (i think both sides are a bunch of a-holes), but this "oh the owners are just innocent victims to the players nefarious ways" attitude is just as wrong.
Ummmm, the players just indicated that even if the lockout was lifted, there would STILL not be football for weeks.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #23
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Ummmm, the players just indicated that even if the lockout was lifted, there would STILL not be football for weeks.
oh, well, perhaps im misunderstanding the situation. I really don't care one way or another. If it takes another 2 weeks to get 10 years of labor peace, i can wait two weeks.

Also, where did you see that?

And, now that i think on it for more than a minute, i sincerely doubt that it'll take 2 weeks and it seems like a planted quote for the sake of negotiation
Old 07-21-2011, 09:55 AM   #24
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
oh, well, perhaps im misunderstanding the situation. I really don't care one way or another. If it takes another 2 weeks to get 10 years of labor peace, i can wait two weeks.

Also, where did you see that?

And, now that i think on it for more than a minute, i sincerely doubt that it'll take 2 weeks and it seems like a planted quote for the sake of negotiation
players are saying it will take 2 weeks to recertify as a union, and there is no new CBA until they recertify. owners say it should take a day.

players want more money from the CBA that the owners opted out of, taht CBA is gone, yet they are still trying to collect money from it. mankins and jackson want 10 million dollars just to say ok to the new deal even though they had no part in helping make it, and are willing to hold up the pay for 1900 players and the game for hundreds of millions of fans to get it.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:57 AM   #25
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

I'm a little more optimistic.
I think this will resolve between now and Wednesday, if not sooner to have regular season activities by a week from Monday, and again, hopefully sooner.
I don't see this thing still lingering into mid-August...
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote