The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default Oh, dog-poo!

I guess no labor deal this week. I want someone to blame, so I am blaming these three d-bags. Although the NFLPA issue seems like the biggest one to me. Hopefully, they already have the Union question worked out, or that could take a while.

Damn lawyers...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...headline_stack

Among the issues still to be figured out:

Settling the Brady et al v. National Football League et al case: The plaintiffs in the case are looking for damages or other reparations as part of the case, according to sources close to several of the named plaintiffs. Specifically, San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson and New England Patriots guard Logan Mankins don't want to be franchised after being limited by the 2010 uncapped years. Meanwhile, New York Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora wants assurances that he'll either receive a new contract or be traded.

The TV rights fees case, in U.S. District Judge David Doty's court, remains an issue. That decision could hold more money in the balance than all the economic factors that held up these labor talks for months -- hundreds of millions of dollars are at stake. That doesn't make for an easy negotiation. One source suggested that both sides must far exceed even last week's breakneck pace of negotiations to settle this issue in time for Thursday's owners meeting in Atlanta, when the league would like to ratify a deal.

There's also the issue of $320 million in lost benefits from the uncapped year, and the question of whether or not the NFLPA will reconstitute itself as a union -- and, if so, how that process will be conducted.

The sides also are grappling over workers' compensation. Players have traditionally filed all claims in California, where laws are favorable to employees over employers. The league wants to have these claims handled in the state where the player is employed or where he was injured.

Furthermore, details regarding the powers of NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell in matters of off-the-field discipline, and some more minor issues regarding transition rules that would take teams and players from the lockout and into the start of the league year must be finalized, along with offseason procedures.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #2
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

No, the teams recalled all the coaches this week from what I have heard. This is a done deal and we should be good to go by FRI.

All this is just reporters covering their asses for reporting drivel the last month or so and trying to be "objective" on the surface.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:58 AM   #3
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
No, the teams recalled all the coaches this week from what I have heard. This is a done deal and we should be good to go by FRI.

All this is just reporters covering their asses for reporting drivel the last month or so and trying to be "objective" on the surface.
Emphasis on "or so"
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
To be fair, his link is to nfl.com......it's not like it's some small town newspaper that has no real involvement or investment in what happens. If anything, they should be printing the exact opposite of this article.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

They are trying to vote to ratify on wed, with the owners voting on thurs
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #6
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
To be fair, his link is to nfl.com......it's not like it's some small town newspaper that has no real involvement or investment in what happens. If anything, they should be printing the exact opposite of this article.
Those were the guys who reported the lockout was settled weeks ago too. They got burned when it did not "happen" and are now hedging their bets in case one of the named Defendants refuses the settlement offer like an idiot. that really is the last true obstacle to being settled by WED.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:29 AM   #7
CEH
Ring of Famer

Shefter said 2 players are not going to keep 32 teams and 1900 player hostage. We will have new Broncos by Monday/Tuesday
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote