The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default 2 Trades we Should Make.

1.Elvis Dumerville For Mario Williams-We may need to through in a conditional.
This one makes too much sense. Mario is the premiere 4-3 end. Elvis was the premiere 3-4 Olb. With each of us changing to the other why not? Make it Happen.

2.Eddie Royal for Albert Haynesworth and a 4th.
I love Eddie however I do not believe in him anymore. Eric Decker has the look of a 10 year #2 reciever. Albert needs a makeover. When Motivated he can play.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2011, 01:02 PM   #2
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Vomit.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:05 PM   #3
yerner
Ring of Famer

no.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I've heard worse ideas. Doubt either happen though
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

might be time to take a break from the internet

FAIL Pictures, Images and Photos
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:17 PM   #6
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

I'd do the first in a heartbeat and wouldn't mind trading Royal but not for Haynesworth.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

1. Montrose previously pointed out that most of Doom's sacks in 2009 occurred when he had a hand on the ground, despite the fact that he was normally categorized as a 3-4 OLB. If your concern is that he's a much less effective pass rusher as a DE, that's not warranted. Also, moving Dumervil right when he got 43m in guaranteed money would absolutely destroy Denver's salary cap, especially when it is rumored to be at 120m, which would be less than what it was in 2009.

2. Trading anything for Haynesworth is a stupid idea. As much as I'd love to see Shanny get rid of him (or in the alternative, run him to repeated physical collapse in the heat such that he willingly agrees to give back money just so that he doesn't suffer a complete physical and mental breakdown), I don't like the idea of us being the dumpster. Haynesworth is nothing but a cancerous, entitled, unmotivated fat piece of ****. Why would he be motivated here? He's already gotten paid. Are you proposing to re-motivate him by giving him another large bonus? Even trading a practice squad player for him would be a huge net loss. Royal is a good player in the right kind of system. I'm looking forward to seeing whether Fox and McCoy go back and watch some 2008 tape to see the ways Shanny used him that made him most effective and adapt what they are doing, accordingly. The sign of a great staff is adapting whatever you do to fit your talent. That's the answer, not giving up on him. We know he can play, its just a matter of finding the right niche for him.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #8
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Ya.. the houston trade would be a dream.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #9
broncs2bowl
Ring of Famer

^Club of Death^

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Retard
broncs2bowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #10
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

those aren't bad ideas, but i believe when healthy Doom is the best pass rusher in the league...i believe he'll be good being that his sacks come from him as a down lineman...

haynesworth trade is risky....

i'd trade him for a pick but no players...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
1. Montrose previously pointed out that most of Doom's sacks in 2009 occurred when he had a hand on the ground, despite the fact that he was normally categorized as a 3-4 OLB. If your concern is that he's a much less effective pass rusher as a DE, that's not warranted. Also, moving Dumervil right when he got 43m in guaranteed money would absolutely destroy Denver's salary cap, especially when it is rumored to be at 120m, which would be less than what it was in 2009.

2. Trading anything for Haynesworth is a stupid idea. As much as I'd love to see Shanny get rid of him, I don't like the idea of us being the dumpster. Haynesworth is nothing but a cancerous, entitled, unmotivated fat piece of ****. Why would he be motivated here? He's already gotten paid. Are you proposing to re-motivate him by giving him another large bonus? Even trading a practice squad player for him would be a huge net loss. Royal is a good player in the right kind of system. I'm looking forward to seeing whether Fox and McCoy go back and watch some 2008 tape to see the ways Shanny used him that made him most effective and adapt what they are doing, accordingly. The sign of a great staff is adapting whatever you do to fit your talent. That's the answer, not giving up on him. We know he can play, its just a matter of finding the right niche for him.
I don't think Dumerville is a Bad player by any stretch. And since the new cap is only money spent each year. There is no Cap Ramifications, the old way of cap is gone. Dumerville is good, Williams is better. People can scheme to take advantage of Dumerville as a DE, Less so as a OLB. We are not giving him away we are simply trying to scheme him better.

Eddie is a good player. However he is not a Great Player. Great players make plays in any situation, they don't need to be schemed for. I think it is a bad idea to have to Scheme an advantage for our 3rd WR. He needs to be able to dominant on his own because he is working on the opposing nickle. The last 2 years this has not been the case. He still has value, taking the value and adding to another weaker part of the team only makes sense.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:27 PM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

The first one isn't terrible... but hells no on the second.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #13
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncs2bowl View Post
Retard
Thanks! Good Football discussion!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #14
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

I get it everybody hates Haynesworth. However my thought is the guy is very much like Randy Moss, He plays amazing sometime and poorly others. Lets buy low. Really Royal is not adding much to the team. His value by itself is around a 4th round pick.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:31 PM   #15
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

I would much rather get Mebane than Haynesworth. Mario Williams over Doom... Maybe, but not worth the cap hit. But, Houston would take a similar hit and then each team would pay the salary as structured when originally signed. Not sure Houston would do a deal like that tho.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:39 PM   #16
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I would much rather get Mebane than Haynesworth. Mario Williams over Doom... Maybe, but not worth the cap hit. But, Houston would take a similar hit and then each team would pay the salary as structured when originally signed. Not sure Houston would do a deal like that tho.
Their is no Cap Hit!
Old 07-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #17
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

There is a cap hit.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:44 PM   #18
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I checked my rep and they're all bumped off but I could swear I had a few red buttons from you for my criticism of Royal.

I agree though. For whatever reason, he isn't the guy that clawed his way to success in the first year. Now he's a fair catch machine and little else.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
There is a cap hit.
I'll Play- How?
Old 07-16-2011, 01:48 PM   #20
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
I checked my rep and they're all bumped off but I could swear I had a few red buttons from you for my criticism of Royal.

I agree though. For whatever reason, he isn't the guy that clawed his way to success in the first year. Now he's a fair catch machine and little else.
Me? I don't think I have ever Neg Repped anyone.
Old 07-16-2011, 01:49 PM   #21
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Eh, I'd rather keep Doom and see how he does with Von coming off the other side.

And I wouldn't be opposed to moving Royal (I'd rather keep him right now), no way in H-E-double hockey sticks do I want Haynesworth anywhere near our team.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:53 PM   #22
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

1. Elvis and Von Miller will work together to be possibly the most fearsome speed rushing tandem in the NFL. You have that in the bag - don't mess with it, build around it.

2. You won't need to trade anything for Haynesworth if you really want him, but if you were going to trade, why not ask for a player you really want. I mean, if you could get a starting caliber DT in the prime of his career, send out Eddie Royal + a draft pick to whomever for all I care. Don't just take Haynesworth because there is discontent, make a bid for the best player (from any willing team) to help our team.

Just my two cents.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:55 PM   #23
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

The first one is intriquing as Doom can be schemed out by running towards his side and adding the TE on passing downs. Ayers hasn't really shown anything

There is no way in hell EFX is going to inject the cancer into the locker room that Haynesworth brings
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:57 PM   #24
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
There is a cap hit.
Not under the NEW CBA. Remember all the cap hits were washed clean once the OLD CBA expired and there was an uncapped year. Also, the whole NEW CBA salary cap only applies money spent in the current year and applies to all money that is spent in the current year only. No more front or back loaded bonuses will apply. That is why the players agreed to the lower revenue %. Every dollar of the new CAP is NEW money.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:59 PM   #25
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
Me? I don't think I have ever Neg Repped anyone.
Hmm... apologies then. I thought it was.
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote