The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy
Default Mistrial ruled in Roger Clemens case

WASHINGTON -- Almost as soon as it began, former baseball star Roger Clemens' perjury trial ended Thursday -- in a mistrial the judge blamed on prosecutors and said a "first-year law student" would have known to avoid.

U.S. District Judge Reggie Walton called a halt to the trial under way after prosecutors showed jurors evidence that he had ruled out -- videotaped revelations that a teammate had said he'd told his wife Clemens confessed to using a drug.

Walton scheduled a Sept. 2 hearing to determine whether to hold a new trial. Rusty Hardin, Clemens' attorney, told reporters, "I wouldn't even hazard a guess" about what Walton will decide. Hardin said he needs until July 29 to file the motion for the hearing. The prosecution has until Aug. 2 to respond.

Walton told jurors he was sorry to have wasted their time and spent so much taxpayer money, only to call off the case. Walton scolded prosecutors and said he couldn't let the former All-Star pitcher face prison if convicted on such "extremely prejudicial" evidence

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/67...lares-mistrial

Another collossal waste of TAXPAYER's money by our farce of a government. Way to go again. Stay classy guys.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

I would say the prosecution ****ed up by going against the judge's orders but I would still suspect they are more classy than Roger Clemens in this thing. Then again, he is innocent until proven guilty in court but imo, he is scum too.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Shananahan

The whole entire thing has always been a giant waste of taxpayer money, and it would be even worse if they ever sent him to prison.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
The whole entire thing has always been a giant waste of taxpayer money, and it would be even worse if they ever sent him to prison.
I agree
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote