The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default 30 min video of a recent Q & A session with Knowshon Moreno

bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #2
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Damn, Knowshon looks like he weighs about 190 in that video. Reminds me of a rookie Clinton Portis in stature. Not impressed and really not impressed with his work ethic. I hope we get a good RB in free agency, this Knowshon chapter is gonna be a quick read and over before we know it!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

He sure doesn't look like a stud rb. I agree is he even working out? lifting?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 10:45 PM   #4
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Other guys are small looking also, like Jammal Charles, but Charles is getting 6 ypc. Moreno may just be a little too small, and a little too slow to make it in the NFL. Did he just not recover from the nagging injuries? I thought he was fast out of college?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #5
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I'm sure its a huge shirt people.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Snap!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

2011 NFL Free Agent Running Backs

DeAngelo Williams (CAR) – Jonathan Stewart and the emergence of Mike Goodson could make DeAngelo Williams expendable to the Panthers. After a short-lived, ineffective 2010 season, a tag and trade seems less likely. If he’s an unrestricted free agent after this year, Williams could leave Carolina for a team willing to offer him a starting position and the money that comes along with it.

Arian Foster (HOU) – With little else to play for, the Texans remain committed in helping Arian Foster win the rushing title. After spending time on the team’s practice squad last year, he was promoted late in the season and rolled his success into this year. He’s quickly become of the league’s most talented and polished running backs. He’ll likely be an exclusive rights free agent, giving the Texans all the leverage in the world to re-sign him below market value.

Ahmad Bradshaw (NYG) – While sharing the run game with Brandon Jacobs, Bradshaw put together his most impressive season yet with over 1500 yards from scrimmage. Still, there seems to be some sort of hex on Giants’ running backs who just can’t protect the ball. First it was Barber and now Jacobs and Bradshaw, who lost 6 of 7 fumbles this year. Turnovers were a big part of Giants’ losses, including a crucial one to Green Bay on the road, but it would be surprising to see New York part ways with a good runner and receiver because of fumble problems after watching Tiki Barber get over the same issues later in his career.

Cedric Benson (CIN) – The former first-round bust ran for over 1000 yards in his 2nd consecutive season, though far less efficiently this year. The Bengals are also high on Bernard Scott who ran effectively late in the season, but Cincinnati seems like a good home for Benson where he can run between the tackles.

Mike Tolbert (SD) – The 2010 season ushered in the return of the bruisers at running back and few were more effective than the former fullback, Mike Tolbert. With first round pick, Ryan Mathews, banged up for much of the year, Tolbert took control of the Chargers backfield and plowed over defenders for nearly 1000 yards from scrimmage. The organization is very high on Tolbert and will make all efforts to re-sign him this offseason, where he’ll probably be a restricted free agent, regardless of how the CBA plays out.

Darren Sproles (SD) – With Tolbert seizing the hype out of San Diego, the need for Sproles may have diminished enough where the Chargers may allow him to leave in free agency for a more lucrative offer elsewhere. They heavily utilized him as a receiving back where he eclipsed the 500 yard mark on around 60 receptions. Including returns, he averaged about 10 touches per game, which is probably his ideal number.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis (NE) – Heading into the final week, BenJarvus Green-Ellis has a shot at eclipsing the 1000-yard mark for the first time in his career. He’s been effective bouncing between the tackles and is a perfect fit in New England. He’ll most likely be a restricted free agent in any CBA scenario, giving the Patriots the edge to re-sign Ellis, a tough back who lacks long speed.

Ronnie Brown (MIA) – In a contract year, Brown accomplished something he’s never done in his entire six-year career: start all 16 games. He also posted another first and that is finishing the season with a YPC below 4. At 29 with an injury history and a lone 1000 yard season in his career, Brown hasn’t earned his second big contract, despite the talent that would warrant it. He may look for a short deal—either in Miami or elsewhere—hoping to recapture some of his youth and cash in on one larger one in the very near future.

Ricky Williams (MIA) – Williams continues to defy the odds as he turned in another successful rushing season over the age of 30. The Dolphins would be wise to offer him an incentive-laden contract and continue to use him in a timeshare role in the offense, whether or not it’s with Ronnie Brown.

Michael Bush (OAK) – Even with McFadden’s breakout season, his lingering injuries may concern the Raiders enough to keep Michael Bush as an insurance policy. Bush hasn’t been explosive enough to warrant consideration as a starter around the league, improving the odds he stays Oakland.

Pierre Thomas (NO) – Thomas hasn’t been very effective this season even when healthy. However, a good postseason could go a long way into earning himself some coin this offseason. If he can shine in the spotlight, the Saints may feel obligated to re-sign Thomas.

Leon Washington (SEA) – The dynamic returner will surely receive a long-term offer from the Seahawks after his sensational year. After getting his legs back, he should expect an expanded workload on offense in addition to his special teams duties where he’s single-handedly kept them in several games.

Vonta Leach (HOU) (FB) – The Pro Bowl fullback loves smashing heads with linebackers and has paved the way for what may be the league’s leading rusher. Houston will look to keep its ground success going, which very much includes Leach.

Le’Ron McClain (BAL) (FB) – McClain will probably ask for more carries and given the success of Peyton Hillis, a similarly proportioned back, maybe he’ll find it elsewhere. The Ravens will still have strong interest in retaining his services though.

John Kuhn (GB) (FB) – Kuhn has become a fan favorite and a locker room leader in Green Bay. He’s a lunch pail guy who provides versatility on offense and consistency on special teams. The Packers tend to take care of their own.

Other Notable Free Agents:
Tim Hightower (ARZ)
Jerious Norwood (ATL)
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:12 PM   #7
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Michael Bush would be a great pickup.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:20 PM   #8
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

I'd love to finally get back to really using a FB. Our running game, in the red zone in particular, has slowly fallen apart since Howard Griffith.

Also, as a big Moreno fan, that interview did not leave me with a good feeling.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:55 PM   #9
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The interview starts with endorsment questions.
(Not to mention some horrible ****ing "music".)
What the **** has he done to sell out? Nothing...
Failure.
Sadly.
Next?

Prove me wrong slow-mo!

Last edited by myMind; 07-09-2011 at 11:57 PM..
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 05:50 AM   #10
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Knowshon is one of the most talented and productive players on this team. Read it and weep. If you are down on this guy, I am sure half of you are suicidal over the rest of the roster.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:51 AM   #11
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Knowshon is one of the most talented and productive players on this team. Read it and weep. If you are down on this guy, I am sure half of you are suicidal over the rest of the roster.
I agree completely, McD gutted this roster of the talent they had and replaced it with average backups like Knowshon.

I remember having high hopes and being very excited about him. I knew we were in trouble with him after an early interview. When asked about his favorite team or player, he said he wasn't really a fan of football and didn't have a favorite team or player. I remember thinking right then and there, what drives him to play? Guy is average and wears down or out way to quickly..... And judging by his thin frame in that interview, he isn't doing much to change that issue.

Cutt, you asked about his speed. I remember watching a Georgia game when he was a sophomore, the announcer kept talking about how special he was but that he lacked speed. Moreno had several nice runs during the next few hours and he looked plenty fast to me. Fast forward to his workouts and sure enough, he lacked speed. 4.6 40s.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:55 AM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Gutted?

Half of the players he got rid of have never played a down in the NFL again.

Try again.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:29 AM   #13
GoBroncos84
Perennial Pro-bowler

Crucify the Ego

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Couldn't agree more
GoBroncos84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #14
Jay3

Knowshon is kind of thoroughly unimpressive in that interview.
Old 07-10-2011, 09:59 AM   #15
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

discussion about whether a player looks thin or not....more evidence that we really need some real football news
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:05 AM   #16
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
A port in a storm... The knowshon hate has always bothered me. Ive been very vocal about it. Is he AD? No, of course not. Should he have been drafted so high? Debatable. Is he good for this team? Yes. If is oline blocked a defender would he be very productive? Yes.

He has good vision, lateral quickness, good hands and is team guy. I love him. He is one of my favorite players on the team, and frankly his real haters are kind of whiney and gay.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 10:37 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Knowshon won't be a bronco for long IMO. He will make team this yr but eventually leave and hit the journeyman bkup rb role. If he's your favorite player then you must like mediocrity. He probably should not have been drafted.
Old 07-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #18
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Funny what happens when the steroids fades away...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:28 AM   #19
schaaf

If you watched our running backs this year, and you come away with the impression that knowshon sucks you're ****ing crazy, he was BY FAR the best back we had this year and for him to average almost 4.5 yards per carry behind our line and McDaniels offense is almost amazing. Give the kid some slack this will be his third year in the league.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:36 AM   #20
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Hopefully he can actually stay healthy for all of training camp this year.

Baby steps.
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 11:54 AM   #21
db56
Seasoned Veteran

this will be a make or break season for Knowshon...
db56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #22
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
If you watched our running backs this year, and you come away with the impression that knowshon sucks you're ****ing crazy, he was BY FAR the best back we had this year and for him to average almost 4.5 yards per carry behind our line and McDaniels offense is almost amazing. Give the kid some slack this will be his third year in the league.
Decent for a play or two and then he is motioning for somebody to come in and give him a breather. His conditioning sucks.

His vision is good and he can be very good with setting up moves and not going down with initial contact. The problem is, he also goes down by himself. For a back with so much body control and balance, why does the turf tackle him so often?

I do agree that McD's running scheme and the blocking in front of him have been shiaty to say the least. I will hold out hope that he can improve from his first two years... especially in the conditioning department.

And for all of the shiat people have been giving Orton and Tebow about working out with the team, why aren't people giving Knowshon shiat?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:48 PM   #23
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
Decent for a play or two and then he is motioning for somebody to come in and give him a breather. His conditioning sucks.

His vision is good and he can be very good with setting up moves and not going down with initial contact. The problem is, he also goes down by himself. For a back with so much body control and balance, why does the turf tackle him so often?

I do agree that McD's running scheme and the blocking in front of him have been shiaty to say the least. I will hold out hope that he can improve from his first two years... especially in the conditioning department.

And for all of the shiat people have been giving Orton and Tebow about working out with the team, why aren't people giving Knowshon shiat?
I agree he needs to improve, I just think he gets it too hard and I noticed that about his conditioning, but I also heard McDaniels say that he wanted to rotate them in like that to keep them fresh, which is retarded because then your backs get no rhythm. I'm still supporting Knowshon through this year but if he doesn't improve he needs to become more of a role back
Old 07-10-2011, 07:10 PM   #24
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Read this line. Realized it's true. Then I almost wept.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Knowshon either breaks out this yr or he's not going to be a true NFL starter. 3rd yr is the tipping point. He may not even be on Broncos after this next season if he doesn't break out.