The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #201
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Oh Jesus Christ, I'm out

I think that did it for me as well
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:31 PM   #202
MacGruder

Quote:
WHAT ****ING COMMENTS?!?!?!?

I just relinked me responding to every single one of your FACTUALLY inaccurate and asinine comments!

So I repeat:

WHAT ****ING COMMENTS?!?!?
None of those comments responded to my comment which refutes your entire stance..

Sam Bradford was considered the number one pick BEFORE he put weight on..

This is BECAUSE of Tom Brady.. it shows Bradford's stock was elevated because he looked like a Brady Clone.. and Brady was a 6th round pick.. the only difference was Bradford was on a loaded team facing weak D... the only reason Bradford got credit for that success was because Brady's NFL success with the same kind of tools..

I am NOT spelling this out for your dumb ass again. Respond or quit deluding yourself...
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #203
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I think that did it for me as well
Yeah.. take your BS to the political board where it belongs...
Old 07-08-2011, 01:34 PM   #204
Shananahan

So, MacGruder, just out of masochistic curiosity..... where do you think Sam Bradford would have been drafted if Tom Brady didn't exist?
Old 07-08-2011, 01:36 PM   #205
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #206
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #207
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
So, MacGruder, just out of masochistic curiosity..... where do you think Sam Bradford would have been drafted if Tom Brady didn't exist?
Where was Matt Leinart drafted... At Least Leinart won 2 championships.. so he should be much lower than Leinart..
Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #208
MacGruder

Quote:
Still no answer.. Surprise surprise...
Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #209
serious hops
Developmental poster

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Holy balls! What the hell do you guys feed this dude?

serious hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #210
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

So any QB who is intelligent and successful in college (which almost will always mean that they're surrounded by quality teammates), and who plays in the spread (which btw spread more from college to NFL than vice versa), and who is white, and NOT Tebow-buff,

should automatically thank Lord Brady for paving his path to the NFL?? ?? ??
No.. they should thank Bill Bellichick.. Without Belli's genius protecting Brady he wouldn't be Brady.. and that is why Orton wasn't Brady and neither will Bradford be Brady...
Old 07-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #211
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
No.. they should thank Bill Bellichick.. Without Belli's genius protecting Brady he wouldn't be Brady.. and that is why Orton wasn't Brady and neither will Bradford be Brady...

Who should Brady thank?

Who should Belichick thank?

Standing on shoulders of giants and what not...
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #212
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Who should Brady thank?

Who should Belichick thank?

Standing on shoulders of giants and what not...
Brady should thank Belli.. McDaniels should thank Belli.. Belli doesn't need to thank anyone because he is a genius.

I will say this though.. Brady is a much better role player than Orton or Bradford. Orton and Bradford aren't even that...

The real star of Belli's teams are his offensive line and his defense..

This is WHY Bradford was so overrated.. because he filled that same role for OU.. an the OU O line was the star.

we saw the same thing with cam Newton last season.. he was the running QB version of Bradford because of the stellar Oline and run game at Auburn.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #213
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Brady should thank Belli.. McDaniels should thank Belli.. Belli doesn't need to thank anyone because he is a genius.

I will say this though.. Brady is a much better role player than Orton or Bradford. Orton and Bradford aren't even that...

The real star of Belli's teams are his offensive line and his defense..

This is WHY Bradford was so overrated.. because he filled that same role for OU.. an the OU O line was the star.

we saw the same thing with cam Newton last season.. he was the running QB version of Bradford because of the stellar Oline and run game at Auburn.
You understand that when you are the number one pick, that means your team was the very worst in the league the previous year, right?

The Rams barely missed the playoffs last year (granted in the worst division in football), but still from the worst team to the cusp of the playoffs. You think Bradford sucks?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #214
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
You understand that when you are the number one pick, that means your team was the very worst in the league the previous year, right?

The Rams barely missed the playoffs last year (granted in the worst division in football), but still from the worst team to the cusp of the playoffs. You think Bradford sucks?
He is an idiot, but on another note went to the smash burger yesterday and it is good!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #215
Shananahan

I will admit to laughing out loud at, 'he was the running QB version of Bradford".
Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #216
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post

Yes.. I do think relative to how highly rated he is he sucks. He runs a gimmick offense. He wasn't the only one behind their turnaround.

He filled his role.. why don't people think there are gimmick offenses in the NFL? I have never understood this. People will immediately claim offenses are gimmicks in college but not the NFL..

I think Bradford fills his role well.. but take that stellar line away and run a different style offense and he is exposed. It's the same thing with Orton.. people think Orton is a good QB simply because he put up huge numbers last season.. yet Broncos fans are read t see him walk. How are Bradford and Orton any different? Bradford just had a slightly better team around him and was in a weaker division.

I don't think Orton, Bradford or Brady are conducive to playoff success without a genius like Bellichick and a team to carry them. Though Brady is far more capable than Orton and Bradford IMO.

Brady might have won against Tebow and the Gators with that team Bradford had.. just because Brady is clutch.. a clutch role player.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #217
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I will admit to laughing out loud at, 'he was the running QB version of Bradford".
Of course you did.. you are a biased Ahole...

That's what message boards are for after all right.. mocking people who don't share the same opinion as yourself.. Is that what the Masons teach? Or just one of them?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #218
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
He is an idiot, but on another note went to the smash burger yesterday and it is good!
Yeah.. right.. anyone that could think the STUD Bradford sucks has to be an idiot.. the guy who put up 60 on every garbage BIG12 defense but couldn't score against a SEC D to save his life...

Just like Colt MCCoy.. he was the winningest QB in college football history.. faces a SEC D and can't make it through the first quarter..
Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #219
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #220
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

So if in the history of the nfl before brady a mediocre armed smart qb was drafted high mcgruber is wrong.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #221
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Pennington, Tim couch
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #222
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
How can you even claim this when Tebow was said to be a bust?

Are you really this stupid?

You were talking about Brady and Bradford. Who said anything about the Tebow? Stay on topic dip**** and I would say try again but maybe you should just leave this thread. BTW, much better time when you were gone this last week or so.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #223
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Yeah.. right.. anyone that could think the STUD Bradford sucks has to be an idiot.. the guy who put up 60 on every garbage BIG12 defense but couldn't score against a SEC D to save his life...

Just like Colt MCCoy.. he was the winningest QB in college football history.. faces a SEC D and can't make it through the first quarter..
Its not like Sam Bradford has the record for highest passing efficiency in college football history or anything. Nooooo.
Oh, but thats because he faced weak teams such as:
Ranked Oklahoma State teams
Ranked Nebraska teams
Ranked Texas teams
Ranked Miami team
Ranked Cincinnati team

Bradford has pinpoint accuracy, smart, mobile, and has a good arm. THAT IS WHY HE WENT #1 NOT BECAUSE OF TOM FREAKIN BRADY!
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #224
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
So if in the history of the nfl before brady a mediocre armed smart qb was drafted high mcgruber is wrong.
\

False. Being biased prevents you from thinking..

In previous eras teams could get away with having unathletic weak armed QBs more. What makes Belli such a genius is that in this era he could make that work.. that is what his system does. It allows you to get away with this kind of QB... a 6th round pick.

But the secret is you have to be a defensive genius along with it.. this is why I think it was crazy to spend a number on pick on a position Belli got by with a 6th round pick. probably why Belli was not wanting to pay Brady so much too. Belli was also able to take Matt Cassell.. a lower round pick and parlay him into much more valuable assets using the same system. This is why I always thought Tebow would be such a big success under McD.. because Matt cassell looked so good in BElli's system...
Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #225
schaaf

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight