The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #176
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 26,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:39 PM   #177
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
So, MacGruder, just out of masochistic curiosity..... where do you think Sam Bradford would have been drafted if Tom Brady didn't exist?
Where was Matt Leinart drafted... At Least Leinart won 2 championships.. so he should be much lower than Leinart..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #178
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Still no answer.. Surprise surprise...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:40 PM   #179
serious hops
Developmental poster
 
serious hops's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 303
Posts: 613

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper
Default

Holy balls! What the hell do you guys feed this dude?


serious hops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:42 PM   #180
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF


So any QB who is intelligent and successful in college (which almost will always mean that they're surrounded by quality teammates), and who plays in the spread (which btw spread more from college to NFL than vice versa), and who is white, and NOT Tebow-buff,

should automatically thank Lord Brady for paving his path to the NFL?? ?? ??
No.. they should thank Bill Bellichick.. Without Belli's genius protecting Brady he wouldn't be Brady.. and that is why Orton wasn't Brady and neither will Bradford be Brady...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:43 PM   #181
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic
 
s0phr0syne's Avatar
 
Absorb and Redirect

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,641

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
No.. they should thank Bill Bellichick.. Without Belli's genius protecting Brady he wouldn't be Brady.. and that is why Orton wasn't Brady and neither will Bradford be Brady...

Who should Brady thank?


Who should Belichick thank?


Standing on shoulders of giants and what not...
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:47 PM   #182
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Who should Brady thank?


Who should Belichick thank?


Standing on shoulders of giants and what not...
Brady should thank Belli.. McDaniels should thank Belli.. Belli doesn't need to thank anyone because he is a genius.

I will say this though.. Brady is a much better role player than Orton or Bradford. Orton and Bradford aren't even that...

The real star of Belli's teams are his offensive line and his defense..

This is WHY Bradford was so overrated.. because he filled that same role for OU.. an the OU O line was the star.

we saw the same thing with cam Newton last season.. he was the running QB version of Bradford because of the stellar Oline and run game at Auburn.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:11 PM   #183
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 7,112

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Brady should thank Belli.. McDaniels should thank Belli.. Belli doesn't need to thank anyone because he is a genius.

I will say this though.. Brady is a much better role player than Orton or Bradford. Orton and Bradford aren't even that...

The real star of Belli's teams are his offensive line and his defense..

This is WHY Bradford was so overrated.. because he filled that same role for OU.. an the OU O line was the star.

we saw the same thing with cam Newton last season.. he was the running QB version of Bradford because of the stellar Oline and run game at Auburn.
You understand that when you are the number one pick, that means your team was the very worst in the league the previous year, right?

The Rams barely missed the playoffs last year (granted in the worst division in football), but still from the worst team to the cusp of the playoffs. You think Bradford sucks?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:16 PM   #184
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 26,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
You understand that when you are the number one pick, that means your team was the very worst in the league the previous year, right?

The Rams barely missed the playoffs last year (granted in the worst division in football), but still from the worst team to the cusp of the playoffs. You think Bradford sucks?
He is an idiot, but on another note went to the smash burger yesterday and it is good!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #185
Shananahan
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I will admit to laughing out loud at, 'he was the running QB version of Bradford".
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #186
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
You understand that when you are the number one pick, that means your team was the very worst in the league the previous year, right?

The Rams barely missed the playoffs last year (granted in the worst division in football), but still from the worst team to the cusp of the playoffs. You think Bradford sucks?

Yes.. I do think relative to how highly rated he is he sucks. He runs a gimmick offense. He wasn't the only one behind their turnaround.

He filled his role.. why don't people think there are gimmick offenses in the NFL? I have never understood this. People will immediately claim offenses are gimmicks in college but not the NFL..

I think Bradford fills his role well.. but take that stellar line away and run a different style offense and he is exposed. It's the same thing with Orton.. people think Orton is a good QB simply because he put up huge numbers last season.. yet Broncos fans are read t see him walk. How are Bradford and Orton any different? Bradford just had a slightly better team around him and was in a weaker division.

I don't think Orton, Bradford or Brady are conducive to playoff success without a genius like Bellichick and a team to carry them. Though Brady is far more capable than Orton and Bradford IMO.

Brady might have won against Tebow and the Gators with that team Bradford had.. just because Brady is clutch.. a clutch role player.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:20 PM   #187
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I will admit to laughing out loud at, 'he was the running QB version of Bradford".
Of course you did.. you are a biased Ahole...

That's what message boards are for after all right.. mocking people who don't share the same opinion as yourself.. Is that what the Masons teach? Or just one of them?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #188
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oubronco View Post
He is an idiot, but on another note went to the smash burger yesterday and it is good!
Yeah.. right.. anyone that could think the STUD Bradford sucks has to be an idiot.. the guy who put up 60 on every garbage BIG12 defense but couldn't score against a SEC D to save his life...

Just like Colt MCCoy.. he was the winningest QB in college football history.. faces a SEC D and can't make it through the first quarter..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #189
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,537
Default

TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:31 PM   #190
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

So if in the history of the nfl before brady a mediocre armed smart qb was drafted high mcgruber is wrong.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:34 PM   #191
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,432

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Pennington, Tim couch
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #192
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
How can you even claim this when Tebow was said to be a bust?

Are you really this stupid?

You were talking about Brady and Bradford. Who said anything about the Tebow? Stay on topic dip**** and I would say try again but maybe you should just leave this thread. BTW, much better time when you were gone this last week or so.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #193
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY
 
TheChamp24's Avatar
 
The Legend

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Broncos Country
Posts: 5,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Yeah.. right.. anyone that could think the STUD Bradford sucks has to be an idiot.. the guy who put up 60 on every garbage BIG12 defense but couldn't score against a SEC D to save his life...

Just like Colt MCCoy.. he was the winningest QB in college football history.. faces a SEC D and can't make it through the first quarter..
Its not like Sam Bradford has the record for highest passing efficiency in college football history or anything. Nooooo.
Oh, but thats because he faced weak teams such as:
Ranked Oklahoma State teams
Ranked Nebraska teams
Ranked Texas teams
Ranked Miami team
Ranked Cincinnati team

Bradford has pinpoint accuracy, smart, mobile, and has a good arm. THAT IS WHY HE WENT #1 NOT BECAUSE OF TOM FREAKIN BRADY!
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #194
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbythug View Post
So if in the history of the nfl before brady a mediocre armed smart qb was drafted high mcgruber is wrong.
\

False. Being biased prevents you from thinking..

In previous eras teams could get away with having unathletic weak armed QBs more. What makes Belli such a genius is that in this era he could make that work.. that is what his system does. It allows you to get away with this kind of QB... a 6th round pick.

But the secret is you have to be a defensive genius along with it.. this is why I think it was crazy to spend a number on pick on a position Belli got by with a 6th round pick. probably why Belli was not wanting to pay Brady so much too. Belli was also able to take Matt Cassell.. a lower round pick and parlay him into much more valuable assets using the same system. This is why I always thought Tebow would be such a big success under McD.. because Matt cassell looked so good in BElli's system...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:38 PM   #195
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Everybody Wang Chung Tonight
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 PM   #196
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Its not like Sam Bradford has the record for highest passing efficiency in college football history or anything. Nooooo.
Oh, but thats because he faced weak teams such as:
Ranked Oklahoma State teams
Ranked Nebraska teams
Ranked Texas teams
Ranked Miami team
Ranked Cincinnati team

Bradford has pinpoint accuracy, smart, mobile, and has a good arm. THAT IS WHY HE WENT #1 NOT BECAUSE OF TOM FREAKIN BRADY!
All those teams were overrated playing in the weak Big12... The SEC is the only conference that has parity. And they are all elite caliber teams. This is why Bradford and McCoy were so overrated.. their teams were just as talented as a elite SEC team but unlike in the SEC all the other teams stink. This is why they put up such great numbers.. Bradfor would have been knocked just like McCoy if he wasn't a Tom Brady wannabe...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:42 PM   #197
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
You were talking about Brady and Bradford. Who said anything about the Tebow? Stay on topic dip**** and I would say try again but maybe you should just leave this thread. BTW, much better time when you were gone this last week or so.
You claim it's stupid to think there is some kind of bias (conspiracy).. and yet Tebow was mocked and derided for no reason whatsover... then you attack me..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #198
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Yeah.. right.. anyone that could think the STUD Bradford sucks has to be an idiot.. the guy who put up 60 on every garbage BIG12 defense but couldn't score against a SEC D to save his life...

Just like Colt MCCoy.. he was the winningest QB in college football history.. faces a SEC D and can't make it through the first quarter..
The Husker D that McCoy played against in the B12 championship game was better then the one he faced in the NC game.

As for Bradford couldn't score against a SEC D to save his life, he went 26 for 41 completed 63% of his passes for 256 yards 2 TDs and 2 INT's the one time he played a SEC team.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:56 PM   #199
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
The Husker D that McCoy played against in the B12 championship game was better then the one he faced in the NC game.

As for Bradford couldn't score against a SEC D to save his life, he went 26 for 41 completed 63% of his passes for 256 yards 2 TDs and 2 INT's the one time he played a SEC team.
Yeah.. compare those numbers against a SEC D to what he did in the BIG12.. not even CLOSE. He had as many interceptions in one game against a SEC D as he had that whole year..

The only thing the Husker D had was Suh.. and Suh would have just been another guy in the SEC... Let's see how he does playing his career in the SEC.. if he could have stayed healthy... same with Bradford and McCoy. We saw McCoy get injured constantly in the NFL too.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #200
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings
 
broncocalijohn's Avatar
 
I said Do It!

Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 26,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
You claim it's stupid to think there is some kind of bias (conspiracy).. and yet Tebow was mocked and derided for no reason whatsover... then you attack me..
You brought up Tebow, no one else did. You couldnt stay on topic. My aunt does this and it is because of a lifetime of drug use.
The bias had nothing to do with the media and brady/bradford. YOU brought up Tebow who wasn't mention in the discussion. It is obvious you have a hardon for Tebow since you came aboard the OrangeMane. SEC is your mothership and every other conference (especially the Big 12) is alien food. Your bias has gone overboard, MacGruber.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 PM.


Denver Broncos