The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #151
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I really didn't think it was possible for his football takes to be as nucking futs as his anti-gravity and conspiracies, but I digress!
Yeah.. I would talk about this nonsense too instead of answering the questions you couldn't in your response to my reply.

Keep deluding yourself though.. it's your MO.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:41 PM   #152
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
You have it backwards.. it is the Rev who is not repsonding to my comments.. not the other way around..

Bradford was considered the number one pick BEFORE he ever put weight on... that proves my point.
that you are a ****ing retard?
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #153
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Manning is HUGE. to compare Bradford to Peyton is just silly beyond belief..
Um...Manning just might be an inch taller than Bradford.

The difference between Manning and Bradford? Bradford is athletic.

I'm fairly certain that by 2013, Sam Bradford is the best pocket passer in the NFL.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #154
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

This turned into the greatest thread!
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #155
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Manning 6'5 230
Bradford 6'4 228

Bradford took every snap this year in the NFL. I guess he wasn't hit at all this year which would be a new NFL record. Congrats Bradford for being even better then I thought.

As for the SEC when Manning played. The Big 8/12 ruled if you don't believe me watch Mannings last game vs the Huskers.
Wow.. so you believe stats but can't see watching freaking TV? Did you see Bradford get slaughtered in preseason when he wasn't protected like a china doll. Just like Brady.. protect him he's great.. if he gets hit he falls apart.

There was a whole piece on ESPN about how Manning was delivering the ball to perfection even after getting hit over and over on every pass. Bradford does not go through this.. the Rams use the same system the Pats use to protect Bradford and have him dump the ball off on short pass after short pass.. Just like Orton. Orton's stock is dramatically higher than it should be because of Brady too. But just like Orton Bradford is fool's gold too.

And in Manning's era everything was way different.. Bradford played horribly weak teams and had far superior talent to his opponents.. there was no parity in Bradford' conference.. the SEC is ALL parity now and they are far and away the toughest conference..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #156
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...es-up-top-five

Bradford took his turn, and surprised the sleep deprived room (the weigh-ins start at 7:30am after all) by weighing in at 236 pounds, and every bit of it appeared to be muscle. This came after his surgically repaired shoulder was given a clean bill of health Thursday after rigorous testing by the NFL doctors

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=QB
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:47 PM   #157
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
So you claim there is no comparison then start your argument with a complete LIE.



Skip Bayless who is the biggest OU homer ever said Bradford had a weak arm coming out of college..

You are juts making my case for me..

Bradford was a physical liability coming out of college just like Brady.. Bradford didn't bulk up at all until after he was out of college and he is still pretty lanky.

The way to attack both Brady and Bradford is to get physical with them.. it affects both of them much more than other NFL QBs.

You are just making my argument for me...

More proof you have no evidence to refute my comment. Because it was obviously true..

And Tebow was a 25th pick with far greater accomplishments than Bradford against far tougher competition so saying Bradford was more accomplished than Brady is just asinine..
Completely batshyt crazy!!
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #158
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Let me guess.. all you idiots are buddies in political discussions right..

Team Dbag... politicizing EVERYTHING...
Yeah, we're all lumped together into big happy resonating political ideological harmonies.

You should join us...we're all zoooooombies.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #159
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Um...Manning just might be an inch taller than Bradford.

The difference between Manning and Bradford? Bradford is athletic.

I'm fairly certain that by 2013, Sam Bradford is the best pocket passer in the NFL.
I think he will put up big regular season numbers and get beat down in the playoffs... I think he is total fool's gold.. just like he was in the SEC championship.

I think even Brady's offense is somewhat fool's gold.. but with guys like Bradford and Orton it is COMPLETE fool's gold..
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #160
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Fin.

The game is over kids.. why are you too deluding yourself...
Yeah dude, you keep reposting you getting absolutely owned there by an irrefutable FACT...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #161
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...es-up-top-five

Bradford took his turn, and surprised the sleep deprived room (the weigh-ins start at 7:30am after all) by weighing in at 236 pounds, and every bit of it appeared to be muscle. This came after his surgically repaired shoulder was given a clean bill of health Thursday after rigorous testing by the NFL doctors

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=QB
Lol, yeah, I already posted that and somehow he uses at proof in his Brady comparison when Bradford was 25lbs bigger than Brady...
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #162
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...es-up-top-five

Bradford took his turn, and surprised the sleep deprived room (the weigh-ins start at 7:30am after all) by weighing in at 236 pounds, and every bit of it appeared to be muscle. This came after his surgically repaired shoulder was given a clean bill of health Thursday after rigorous testing by the NFL doctors

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2010&genpos=QB
He was considered the number one pick even before he put weight on by the combine...

IF Bradford was so tough then how did he get injured so easily never taking hits? Why does his game fall apart when he is hit? Why does he check down so much?

Fail.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #163
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Wow.. so you believe stats but can't see watching freaking TV? Did you see Bradford get slaughtered in preseason when he wasn't protected like a china doll. Just like Brady.. protect him he's great.. if he gets hit he falls apart.

There was a whole piece on ESPN about how Manning was delivering the ball to perfection even after getting hit over and over on every pass. Bradford does not go through this.. the Rams use the same system the Pats use to protect Bradford and have him dump the ball off on short pass after short pass.. Just like Orton. Orton's stock is dramatically higher than it should be because of Brady too. But just like Orton Bradford is fool's gold too.

And in Manning's era everything was way different.. Bradford played horribly weak teams and had far superior talent to his opponents.. there was no parity in Bradford' conference.. the SEC is ALL parity now and they are far and away the toughest conference..
Manning's pretty hot right now.

You should get yourself one of these and wait outside his house:
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #164
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Lol, yeah, I already posted that and somehow he uses at proof in his Brady comparison when Bradford was 25lbs bigger than Brady...
And somehow you KEEP ignoring that Bradford was the considered the number one pick even when he was scrawny....

But why do I have to deal with reality?

And he still can't take hits in the pocket...

Tom Brady weighs 225 now and he is still considered a physical liability...



Sorry.. too much reality...
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #165
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Wow.. so you believe stats but can't see watching freaking TV? Did you see Bradford get slaughtered in preseason when he wasn't protected like a china doll. Just like Brady.. protect him he's great.. if he gets hit he falls apart.

There was a whole piece on ESPN about how Manning was delivering the ball to perfection even after getting hit over and over on every pass. Bradford does not go through this.. the Rams use the same system the Pats use to protect Bradford and have him dump the ball off on short pass after short pass.. Just like Orton. Orton's stock is dramatically higher than it should be because of Brady too. But just like Orton Bradford is fool's gold too.

And in Manning's era everything was way different.. Bradford played horribly weak teams and had far superior talent to his opponents.. there was no parity in Bradford' conference.. the SEC is ALL parity now and they are far and away the toughest conference..
Good point. also another comparison is that when Tom brady is tackled, he goes to the ground... and guess what?!!!!

So does Bradford!

Also, when Brady throws the football and his teammate catches it in the endzone his team is awarded 6 points...

and guess who also gets six points for a touchdown......?


yep, you guessed it.


Sam Bradford.


case closed. Macgruder is the winner.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:52 PM   #166
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
He was considered the number one pick even before he put weight on by the combine...

IF Bradford was so tough then how did he get injured so easily never taking hits? Why does his game fall apart when he is hit? Why does he check down so much?

Fail.
You know alot about Sam Bradford.

Tell us more.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #167
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,335

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
Good point. also another comparison is that when Tom brady is tackled, he goes to the ground... and guess what?!!!!

So does Bradford!

Also, when Brady throws the football and his teammate catches it in the endzone his team is awarded 6 points...

and guess who also gets six points for a touchdown......?


yep, you guessed it.


Sam Bradford.


case closed. Macgruder is the winner.


This argument was lost when Skip Bayless was invoked.


Skip Bayless is here.
Your argument is invalid.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:54 PM   #168
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by epicSocialism4tw View Post
Yeah, we're all lumped together into big happy resonating political ideological harmonies.

You should join us...we're all zoooooombies.
yeah, that one made me laugh. He obviously didn't research that one...
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #169
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
And somehow you KEEP ignoring that Bradford was the considered the number one pick even when he was scrawny....

But why do I have to deal with reality?

And he still can't take hits in the pocket...

Tom Brady weighs 225 now and he is still considered a physical liability...



Sorry.. too much reality...
During the season when Bradford was "scrawny" he weighed 223 and he wasn't considered the "number one pick then".

In fact, one quick sentence of this article completely refutes EVERY point you're claiming in your post:

"For those NFL personnel people who were on the fence about Bradford because of his formerly 223-pound frame, wondering if he could take repeated hits in the pocket at that size, a more muscled Bradford could shake up the top of the draft board. "

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-224453

Cliffs of post:
-Owned
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #170
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Wow.. so you believe stats but can't see watching freaking TV? Did you see Bradford get slaughtered in preseason when he wasn't protected like a china doll. Just like Brady.. protect him he's great.. if he gets hit he falls apart.

There was a whole piece on ESPN about how Manning was delivering the ball to perfection even after getting hit over and over on every pass. Bradford does not go through this.. the Rams use the same system the Pats use to protect Bradford and have him dump the ball off on short pass after short pass.. Just like Orton. Orton's stock is dramatically higher than it should be because of Brady too. But just like Orton Bradford is fool's gold too.

And in Manning's era everything was way different.. Bradford played horribly weak teams and had far superior talent to his opponents.. there was no parity in Bradford' conference.. the SEC is ALL parity now and they are far and away the toughest conference..
http://www.pe.com/sharedcontent/dws/...s.400bf7b.html

The best

Sam Bradford, Oklahoma

He may be the most accurate passer produced by the college ranks since Peyton Manning. Bradford led the NCAA in passing efficiency in 2007 and 2008 and completed 67.1 percent of his career passes.

Bradford had streaks in his career of 22 and 21 consecutive completions. He threw an NCAA freshman-record 36 touchdown passes in 2007, then set a school record with 50 as a sophomore in 2008. Shoulder injuries in 2009 denied Bradford the chance to build on his records at OU.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/colum...27992bc8b.html
KEVIN WHEELER (Host of "Sports Open Line" on KMOX):

He reminds me of Peyton Manning. I thought so when he was playing at Oklahoma, I said so on-air in the lead-up to the draft and I've seen nothing since that would change my mind. They're about the same size (Manning is 6'5" 230 and Bradford is 6'4" 228), they're both accurate passers with strong arms and most importantly they're intelligent leaders who make things look easier than they really are.

That's not to say that I think he'll wind up doing what Manning has done over the years. He could but that's an awful lot to expect. Bradford has a long way to go to get to Manning's level but the rookie season Bradford is putting together is one of the best of all-time certainly makes it feel like anything is possible. Anything, that is, if he is surrounded by the kind of playmakers the Colts have had during Manning's career

Note not one person said Tom Brady lol.

http://www.examiner.com/oklahoma-soo...letions-record
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:55 PM   #171
MacGruder
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yeah dude, you keep reposting you getting absolutely owned there by an irrefutable FACT...
Yes.. because we know the majority is always right..

You couldn't answer my comment.. you still can't... you have no response. You have been owned... deluding yourself won't change that...

Fin.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:57 PM   #172
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Yes.. because we know the majority is always right..

You couldn't answer my comment.. you still can't... you have no response. You have been owned... deluding yourself won't change that...

Fin.
this is.....


awesome....



just awesome.
Name:  projection-tv-front-projection.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  9.6 KB

Last edited by OABB; 07-08-2011 at 12:59 PM..
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #173
Abqbronco
Seasoned Veteran
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 360
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
So then why did he drop to 25 in the draft? Why was he said to be a bust waiting to happen? A project?

Not that I agree with one word of that.. like I said.. I think it's a problem with the people in the NFL not Tebow, at all.
Good point. I am going to call up Aaron Rogers and ask him his opinion.
Abqbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #174
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
Yes.. because we know the majority is always right..

You couldn't answer my comment.. you still can't... you have no response. You have been owned... deluding yourself won't change that...

Fin.
What comment?!?!?

I've shredded every attempt at a "comment" that you've made!

Most recently here:

http://orangemane.com/BB/showpost.ph...&postcount=169
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 12:59 PM   #175
OABB
sarcasm font
 
OABB's Avatar
 
always on.

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Los angeles
Posts: 7,357

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abqbronco View Post
Good point. I am going to call up Aaron Rogers and ask him his opinion.
It's because Aaron Rogers made it possible for Tebow to drop in draft status, duh.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*Official* John Fox Staff Thread tsiguy96 Orange Mane Central Discussion 196 02-03-2011 10:54 PM
Welcome John Fox...please leave your .500 record and last place finish in Carolina Pontius Pirate Orange Mane Central Discussion 73 01-15-2011 10:42 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Denver Broncos