The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #301
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They obviously do not want to say Tebow is the starter and watch Ortonīs value go down the toilet since teams will think they are now in position of strength in any trade proposal. Why Andrew Luck gets so much talk is beyond me, but I donīt see Luck ending up a Bronco anyway, so seems pointless to go on and on about him.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:39 AM   #302
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
So, who is the prototype that the Panthers were chasing when they drafted Cam Newton #1?
A hybrid between Tebow and Vick.. but Cam was overrated too.. AND he benefited from Tebow and Vick's recent success just like Bradford benefited from Brady's success.

Cam was heavily overrated because he played on a loaded team that was ALSO loaded with seniors. I see Cam Newton as the running version of Chris Leak when Tebow went to Florida his first season. Michael Dyer was Tebow in this scenario...

Last edited by MacGruder; 07-09-2011 at 07:51 AM..
Old 07-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #303
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
They obviously do not want to say Tebow is the starter and watch Ortonīs value go down the toilet since teams will think they are now in position of strength in any trade proposal. Why Andrew Luck gets so much talk is beyond me, but I donīt see Luck ending up a Bronco anyway, so seems pointless to go on and on about him.
Well said! I hope that's what's happening. It also makes sense because Elway's comments have devalued Tebow a bit. Doesn't make sense to do that if Elway was remotely thinking of trading him. But I still have the feeling he might want to make Tebow a runner.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #304
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruder View Post
A hybrid between Tebow and Vick.. but Cam was overrated too.. AND he benefited from Tebow and Vick's recent success just like Bradford benefited from Brady's success.

Cam was heavily overrated because he played on a loaded team that was ALSO loaded with seniors. I see Cam Newton as the running version of Chris Leak when Tebow went to Flordia his first season. Michael Dyer was Tebow in this scenario...
I'm pulling for Tebow to be great, but I don't understand how you can say he had such amazing success as to influence a team to draft Cam Newton. He's started a total of 3 games and only won 1 of them against a horrible defense. If going by your "What did Suh do for his team's success" premise, there's nothing very special about that.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:43 AM   #305
OABB
Just winloss baby

Oh no we suck again!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Bradford didn't just go high.. he went NUMBER ONE AND over Tebow.. and what did Bradford accomplish? What happened to him against an SEC defense?

A scrawny, weak armed dink and dunker who couldn't stay healthy in college while protected like a china doll went number one over Tebow..

The people who said Bradford was a number one pick were the same ones saying Tebow was juts carried by his great team and John Brantley was a better NFL prospect than Tebow..
Thank you for a great thread...your stupidity and stubborness to see it are wonderful traits for the internets. Well done.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 07:47 AM   #306
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Drafting SEC players is the only way to win in the NFL fact...
I'm thinking that Nazis living in the North Pole might be behind the SEC.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #307
MacGruder

Quote:
I'm pulling for Tebow to be great, but I don't understand how you can say he had such amazing success as to influence a team to draft Cam Newton. He's started a total of 3 games and only won 1 of them against a horrible defense. If going by your "What did Suh do for his team's success" premise, there's nothing very special about that.
Tebow broke records in his first games in the league.. Steve Young said Tebow could revolutionize the QB position. Tebow also had the top selling jersey most the season. Plus Tebow had lower expectations than Suh and had very little time to prove himself AND broke records etc. People think if lowly Tebow could do what he did just imagine what Cam could do.. but as I said Cam was overrated by a great team as well. Just like Sam Bradford.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:56 AM   #308
MacGruder

Quote:
I'm thinking that Nazis living in the North Pole might be behind the SEC.
all truth goes through three phases....
Old 07-09-2011, 08:00 AM   #309
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Tebow broke records in his first games in the league.. Steve Young said Tebow could revolutionize the QB position. Tebow also had the top selling jersey most the season. Plus Tebow had lower expectations than Suh and had very little time to prove himself AND broke records etc. People think if lowly Tebow could do what he did just imagine what Cam could do.. but as I said Cam was overrated by a great team as well. Just like Sam Bradford.
Sorry, which records did Tebow break?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #310
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
while I love your Tebow enthusiasm, I'm not sure why you are so disparaging against Bradford. The two QBs are not mutually exclusive and yes, both can be successful in the NFL. Bradford (whether you respect the Big 12 or not) was a much better NFL QB prospect coming out of OU than Tebow was coming out of FL. We all hope as Broncos fans that Tebow becomes the most successful Broncos QB ever (yes, I'm hoping he's even better than Elway because Elway is retired while Tebow is the future) but that does not take anything away from Bradford.

Who cares what the national media thinks about Tebow? It's up to the Broncos and Tebow to prove to all the other teams that it was a mistake to doubt Tebow. I really think that the Fox/Tebow combo can be a great one IF the Broncos get Tebow an excellent QB coach and IF the Broncos offensive coordinator knows how to design an offense around his strengths.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:06 AM   #311
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
all truth goes through three phases....
Right, and as I've said before: it might be a sign that ALL of your "truths" are perpetually stuck in phase 1--ridicule.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #312
MacGruder

Quote:
Sorry, which records did Tebow break?
He had the longest TD run of any Denver QB in his first game. He had the most rushing yards in his first 3 games since the NFL merger.. I think there's more to..
Old 07-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #313
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
This coud be the poster boy thread on he OM's fall from greatness.
Yeah, it's definitely not the aspertame thread or any of your stupid polls.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #314
MacGruder

Quote:
Right, and as I've said before: it might be a sign that ALL of your "truths" are perpetually stuck in phase 1--ridicule.
Are they? The Tebow truth wasn't..
Old 07-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #315
baja
Headmaster

"Win from now on" - Elway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Yeah, it's definitely not the aspertame thread or any of your stupid polls.
You're a good guy bowtown I got no issue with you. Do you really think the OM is the same great board it used to be?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:20 AM   #316
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Yeah, it's definitely not the aspartame thread or any of your stupid polls.
BTW In case you haven't noticed there is no football to talk about.

The aspartame thread was meant to inform people so the could make better health choose but as usual, except for a few, the board chose to ridicule the messenger instead of weighing the information and making a informed decision.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:21 AM   #317
MacGruder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
while I love your Tebow enthusiasm, I'm not sure why you are so disparaging against Bradford. The two QBs are not mutually exclusive and yes, both can be successful in the NFL.
My problem is with guys who are on great teams putting up big numbers against weak competition getting over hyped because of it.. And Tebow was knocked for the opposite reason. Why should I cut Bradford slack when I think he is hugely overrated? Bradford got a Heisman that should have been Tebow's for the same reason. I saw Bradford and Mccoy wrongly hyped all through college for this reason.

Quote:
Bradford (whether you respect the Big 12 or not) was a much better NFL QB prospect coming out of OU than Tebow was coming out of FL.
Anyone on those elite teams in the BIG12 would do the same.. that is what I was saying about Brantley.. he was supposed to be a better NFL prospect than Tebow and look what happened to him in the SEC..

Quote:
We all hope as Broncos fans that Tebow becomes the most successful Broncos QB ever (yes, I'm hoping he's even better than Elway because Elway is retired while Tebow is the future) but that does not take anything away from Bradford.
I just don't understand why people ignore Bradford's weakneses and magnify all Tebow's supposed weaknesses. Why do we punish the greta players and reward the guys who really proved nothing.

I am telling you.. Brady is the only explanation.. Bradford is lauded for doing NOTHING. He lost the championship and got injured the one time he got hit.. yet he's thought of as some golden boy.. it's truly bizarre. Tebow actually was the golden buy and he is seen as a scrub. Tebow is BUILT for the NFL. He made the NFL look like the SEC!

Quote:
Who cares what the national media thinks about Tebow? It's up to the Broncos and Tebow to prove to all the other teams that it was a mistake to doubt Tebow. I really think that the Fox/Tebow combo can be a great one IF the Broncos get Tebow an excellent QB coach and IF the Broncos offensive coordinator knows how to design an offense around his strengths.
I agree with everything you said here. Very well put.. but I don't understand why people think Bradford's weaknesses should be overlooked. That's my issue.. I just don't get that.. makes zero sense to me... it's like Bradford is rewarded for just LOOKING like a QB.. same with Orton..
Old 07-09-2011, 08:24 AM   #318
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Quote:
You're a good guy bowtown I got no issue with you. Do you really think the OM is the same great board it used to be?
Circa 2005— this place was great.

But, the internet in general pretty much sucks today. Its turned into TV. Bad TV... ie., soap operas, sit-coms, nancy-graces, 24/7 cable news, and worst of all all things "reality-tv" related. I'm using the browser less and less nowdays and accessing the internet from alternative sources.

Still use google out the yin-yang, though...
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #319
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
He had the longest TD run of any Denver QB in his first game. He had the most rushing yards in his first 3 games since the NFL merger.. I think there's more to..
So those are the kind of cherry picked records we are going with? Suh was the first rookie DT to be named to the All Pro team since 1950, he had the most sacks by a rookie since sacks became an official in 1982. He shattered the Lion's rookie record for sacks. He also became the first Lion to have a sack in his first two games. ... didn't take him very long to prove himself either.

Oh, and btw, your fragile China Doll also broke Mannings record for most completions by a rookie.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #320
baja
Headmaster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Leo-TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2Win View Post
Circa 2005— this place was great.

But, the internet in general pretty much sucks today. Its turned into TV. Bad TV... ie., soap operas, sit-coms, nancy-graces, 24/7 cable news, and worst of all all things "reality-tv" related. I'm using the browser less and less nowdays and accessing the internet from alternative sources.

Still use google out the yin-yang, though...
Ya that's my take too.

Nancy Grace is the poster girl for idiot TV

How do you access the Internet without a browser?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:30 AM   #321
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Like you said, there's no football. Personally, in offseason mode, I have no problem with anything making the front page. But to call this thread the downfall of the boards is ridiculous. This is one idiot throwing up all over a thread. It's not the first time and it won't be the last. As far as whether this board is the same great board it used to be, it's definitely not the same but it's still pretty great IMO... if it wasn't I wouldn't waste as much time on it as I do.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:34 AM   #322
MacGruder

Quote:
So those are the kind of cherry picked records we are going with? Suh was the first rookie DT to be named to the All Pro team since 1950, he had the most sacks by a rookie since sacks became an official in 1982. He shattered the Lion's rookie record for sacks. He also became the first Lion to have a sack in his first two games. ... didn't take him very long to prove himself either.

Oh, and btw, your fragile China Doll also broke Mannings record for most completions by a rookie.
Bradford's stat is the product of a gimmick offense.. ironically and wrongly what Tebow was accused of prospering from. Bradford benefited from the same O that made Orton put up Dan Marino numbers. Case closed.

It's a real shame Nick Fairley is going to the Lions.. when Mr. SEC decimates Suh's records Suh will get a lot of the credit..

Last edited by MacGruder; 07-09-2011 at 08:37 AM..
Old 07-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #323
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
Bradford's stat is the product of a gimmick offense.. ironically and wrongly what Tebow was accused of prospering from.

It's a real shame Nick Fairley is going to the Lions.. when Mr. SEC decimates Suh's records Suh will get a lot of the credit..
I would love to know more about this "gimmick offense." Please expound upon what that means to you.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:37 AM   #324
MacGruder

Quote:
I would love to know more about this "gimmick offense." Please expound upon what that means to you.
I already did - I edited that post.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #325
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
I already did - I edited that post.
Which number post is it?