The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2011, 02:25 PM   #26
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Why would a highly regarded FA sign with a 4-12 team?? He won't let's get back to reality now.
He signed an extension with the Raiders after a 5-11 season in 2008
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:28 PM   #27
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICON View Post
Best case scenario would be to sign a defensive tackle when free agency opens up. Worst case scenario is not signing any DTs.
Worst case scenario happened last year. I think they want to put warm bodies in the middle of the DL and generate a pass rush from the DE's and LB's.

Fox seemed to like to do that at Carolina and we have some young guys with some upside at DT that would be fine during this transition year.

I am fine if they fill out the team with some quality depth and reload next offseason for the playoff push.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:41 PM   #28
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICON View Post
Worst case scenario is not signing any DTs.
Though it's an impossibility, given the fact that we literally do not have enough DTs on the roster today to even field a defense for an entire game, I think it would be pretty freaking hilarious if they did just this.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:48 PM   #29
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I was hoping the Raiders would Bush or Miller walk. Bush would be great in Denver paired with Tebow.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #30
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Worst case scenario happened last year. I think they want to put warm bodies in the middle of the DL and generate a pass rush from the DE's and LB's.

Fox seemed to like to do that at Carolina and we have some young guys with some upside at DT that would be fine during this transition year.

I am fine if they fill out the team with some quality depth and reload next offseason for the playoff push.
That's it in a nut shell. If we are going to spend the money then spend it on a good player like Aso. Fox does a very good job of getting the most out of DT's. Some posted on here before he is like the Mike Shannahan of DT's.

I think if we could land Aso we could try and trade Goodman to a team that needs a DB like Houston or the Lions.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #31
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Snap!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I was hoping the Raiders would Bush or Miller walk. Bush would be great in Denver paired with Tebow.
This would make sense Fox likes to run it down the Ds throat.

Last edited by ICON; 07-06-2011 at 05:53 PM..
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:59 PM   #32
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

He's done said he wants to play for a contender so that excludes Denver besides they need to sign some big D-linemen to go with the new lb's and safeties
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:07 PM   #33
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
I think Denver will be knocking on Charles Johnson's door at midnight of FA.
24 year old with 11.5 sacks. You can never have enough pass rushers. Find the DTs in the draft or bargain shop for those guys. Don't overpay for a Mebane or Cofield.
Cant see it to be honest. We have Dumervil pocketing $14m this year, Miller when he reports pocketing some nice change to initially be a passrusher and Ayers who the coaches feel will fit a 4-3 defense better. I'd be shocked if we throw much money at DE unless it's depth. The priorities will likely be DT, RB and maybe OL, can't see much money going elsewhere, you never though, this is Denver afterall.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #34
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
It's been rumoured we're going to make a run at Bush or the Bengal back. De'Angelo will be looking for a huge deal.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:34 PM   #35
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie mac View Post
It's been rumoured we're going to make a run at Bush or the Bengal back. De'Angelo will be looking for a huge deal.
Benson? Won't he be looking for a big deal as well? Jerious Norwood, Kevin Smith, or Brandon Jackson would be worth a look at.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:38 PM   #36
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Remember when we all wanted him?

Quote:
It's not fair to say that Asomugha's been a bust in Philadelphia, since he has put together stretches of above-average play and helped make the life of opposite corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie easier. But when the Eagles signed Asomugha, they weren't signing a guy playing at that level; they went into the market and gave Asomugha a five-year, $60 million deal expecting to get Nnamdi Asomugha, the guy who shut down an entire side of the field for the Raiders for three years. Since he arrived in town, it has felt like we've all been waiting for the real Nnamdi to show up, like he's some schematic change or settling-in period away from being the superstar cornerback most everyone expected him to be. After Jones made him look so ordinary on Sunday, it feels easier to just accept that he's never going to be that player in Philadelphia.
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...eek-8-nfl-news
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote