The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #1
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default Home of the Brave / Land of the free?

On May 16th, Representative Ron Paul asked,

"If we are not even free anymore to decide something as basic as what we wish to eat or drink, how much freedom do we really have left?"

Paul was talking about the FDA ban on the interstate sale of raw milk for human consumption — milk that has not been pasteurized. The ban began in 1987, but the FDA didn't really begin enforcing it seriously until 2006 -- when the government began sting operations and armed raids of dairy farmers and their willing customers.

The New American reports:

"Even if the FDA were correct in its assertions about the dangers of raw milk, its prohibition on interstate raw milk sales would still be, as Paul termed it, 'an unconstitutional misapplication of the commerce clause for legislative ends' ...

Saying he is 'outraged' by the FDA's raids on peaceful dairy farmers and their customers, Paul has introduced legislation ... 'to allow the shipment and distribution of unpasteurized milk and milk products for human consumption across state lines,' in effect reversing the FDA's unconstitutional ban on such sales."

The "Food Safety Modernization Act" that was enacted earlier this year gives the FDA almost unlimited authority to decide if food is harmful, even without credible evidence. But farmers who have been persecuted by the FDA for selling raw milk, like Amish Farmer Dan Allgyer, are not backing down. Allgyer's case is going to court.

Citizens are irate that the FDA allows damaging junk food, but prevents people from making an educated, informed food choice in purchasing raw grass-fed milk.

According to the Washington Times, Attorney Jonathan Emord, who has defeated the FDA in court eight times, is focusing on the deeper issues that this case stems from. Emord says:

"We would not be here today were it not for the fact that over the past seventy-five years, the Congress of the United States has delegated away to some 230 independent regulatory commissions the power to make law, the power to execute the law, and the power to judge law violation. That delegation of governing power from Congress to the unelected heads of the regulatory agencies violates the Constitution, which vests exclusively in Congress the obligation to make law".

Sources:
The New American May 20, 2011
The Washington Times May 25, 2011

The war on raw milk, which is really an unconstitutional assault on one of your most basic rights, i.e. your right to choose what you want to eat and drink, is now in full swing and will likely intensify in the days ahead.

Amish Farmer Raided at Gun Point

Dan Allgyer, an Amish farmer, was recently caught in an FDA sting operation, after the agency planted a spy in local buying club he supplies, "Grassfed On The Hill", back in October of 2009 to gather evidence against him. His farm was raided at gun point, and eventually the Department of Justice, at the behest of FDA, filed suit in Federal District Court to obtain an injunction prohibiting Allgyer from transporting and selling raw milk across state lines.

This isn't the first time the FDA has spent US tax dollars to violently clamp down on "illegal interstate commerce," by raw milk farmers, all under the guise of doing their job and protecting the public's health…

Any level-headed person would argue that this is a poorly shrouded sham, seeing how the FDA has continuously allowed known toxins into the food supply, and those who willingly choose to harm their health are free to do so by consuming too much sugar, artificial non-food-based items, alcohol, and toxic cigarettes.

Logic notwithstanding, food safety chief and former Monsanto lawyer Michael Taylor recently defended the FDA's spying and gun-toting tactics against raw milk producers, stating that they're simply doing their job, calling the campaign "a public health duty" based on "statutory directive." And it may actually get worse than it already is, if we don't stop it. A recent article in the San Francisco Chronicle explains:

"The FDA is in the midst of writing the critical regulations that will implement the Food Safety Modernization Act Congress passed last year with applause all around from the Obama administration, Democrats and Republicans despite ferocious opposition from small-farm advocates. The sweeping new law gives the agency extraordinary powers to detain foods on farms. It also denies farmers recourse to federal courts.

On July 3, the agency will issue its new rule to detain any food it believes is unsafe, or, more critically, "mislabeled." In Allgyer's case, the entire FDA case rests on a technical violation of a ban on interstate commerce in raw milk and alleged mislabeling.

Before the new law, the FDA could only impound food when it had credible evidence the food was contaminated or posed a public health hazard. The detention powers are part of what Taylor described as a new agency focus on preventing food poisoning outbreaks rather than responding to them after the fact. Taylor described the new law as giving the agency "farm to table" control over food safety."

Taylor also stated that he will seek a "high rate of compliance" with the new rules. Compliance will be made all the more "effective" once the FDA gets its new and improved tool kit of enforcement, which will include:

Access to farm records
Mandatory recall authority
New administrative enforcement actions
Ability to revoke a farm's mandatory registration (which will be a new requirement under the law)

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...lk-police.aspx
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 11:32 PM   #2
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Aspartame good

Whole natural grass fed cow's milk bad

We are living in an upside down world.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:33 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Isn't milk dangerous like that? It's stupid to sell something dangerous. Then again as long as Farmers willing to be sued if anyone gets sick.......
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Aspartame good

Whole natural grass fed cow's milk bad
We are living in an upside down world.
Technically cow's milk is not exactly designed for people. Raw or otherwise. We dont have the correct enzymes to break it down efficiently. Hence why alot of people has lactose issues.

And besides, milk is gross.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:36 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Isn't milk dangerous like that? It's stupid to sell something dangerous. Then again as long as Farmers willing to be sued if anyone gets sick.......
And OTOH...

People have been drinking milk from cows, yak, goats and sheep for thousands of years. We are still here. If people (adults) want raw milk, let them. They take the risk and live with the consequences.

Old 07-05-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

It's a sign that maybe you shouldn't drink something if it causes you to shiat in your socks upon sneezing. That's how I look at it.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:49 PM   #7
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
It's a sign that maybe you shouldn't drink something if it causes you to shiat in your socks upon sneezing. That's how I look at it.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:28 AM   #8
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

You drink your mama's milk. Once you are too old, no mo milk for you. That is until your wife gets preggo, mmmm.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 01:10 AM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
And OTOH...

People have been drinking milk from cows, yak, goats and sheep for thousands of years. We are still here. If people (adults) want raw milk, let them. They take the risk and live with the consequences.

Then why regulate anything. You could say do your own research on drugs and take them at your own risk. Instead though we have standards meant to protect public health. I admit though i have no knowledge of raw milk and if that is a good healthy option. If it is then I agree let it be legal.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:21 AM   #10
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Then why regulate anything. You could say do your own research on drugs and take them at your own risk. Instead though we have standards meant to protect public health. I admit though i have no knowledge of raw milk and if that is a good healthy option. If it is then I agree let it be legal.

I dont believe any government has the right to tell you what you can and cannot eat. No two people tolerate the same foods the same way. If an adult wants to buy raw milk, who the **** cares? Oddly enough the human species managed to eat whatever it could find for 2 million years, and despite the "dangers" of raw milk and a lack of a "balanced" diet we managed to get by.

This reminds me of government studies on whether or not eggs are good for you, or peanut butter. They were, then they were not. Now they are again. Do you really need a government to tell you that too much of anything could possibly be bad for you?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:46 AM   #11
Boomhauer

Whole natural cow milk? Baja, I thought you lived in Mexico and drank horse/donkey/goat milk like the rest.
Old 07-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #12
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

...little pink houses...for you and me!
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:19 AM   #13
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

If we drink milk, does that mean we are calfs? Aren't calfs dumb animals?
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:05 AM   #14
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Is there a t-shirt for this? I'll totally buy a "Free the Amish Raw Milk Farmers" t-shirt.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:07 AM   #15
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Anyone had cat's milk?
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #16
jhns
Ring of Famer

but you still can't C me!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The government should ban foods that are bad!

I can't believe the government banned food that is bad!

Can't get much dumber than that baja.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #17
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

with government healthcare on the horizon, I can see the Feds telling us what we can and cannot eat.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #18
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomhauer View Post
Whole natural cow milk? Baja, I thought you lived in Mexico and drank horse/donkey/goat milk like the rest.

The point is I could if I want. You, on the other hand, now have a government that raids Amish farmers at gun point because they dare continue the generations old practice of consuming and selling whole natural milk. Nobody seems to get that this is the issue here not rather cows mik is good for you or not.

Wake up people the noose is tightening and you don't even feel it.

What I don't is why are you not enraged?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #19
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I wish the government would spend a little less time raiding the Amish for their milk and a little more time raiding and shutting down their damn puppy mills......but that's another story.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 08:28 AM   #20
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
The point is I could if I want. You, on the other hand, now have a government that raids Amish farmers at gun point because they dare continue the generations old practice of consuming and selling whole natural milk. Nobody seems to get that this is the issue here not rather cows mik is good for you or not.

Wake up people the noose is tightening and you don't even feel it.

Again, all day yesterday it was that the government needs to take control of what we eat. Now it is that they are taking our freedom when they do....

You are such a joke.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #21
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
The government should ban foods that are bad!

I can't believe the government banned food that is bad!

Can't get much dumber than that baja.
Yes billions of people over dozens of centuries have been risking their lives drinking that bad milk.

....and you call me stupid.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #22
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Again, all day yesterday it was that the government needs to take control of what we eat. Now it is that they are taking our freedom when they do....

You are such a joke.
So now we are comparing a natural substance that has been sustaining mankind for centuries to to a recently concocted chemical that was put on the market in spite of bad test results.

You really don't get your government is screwing you over do you.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #23
jhns
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Yes billions of people over dozens of centuries have been risking their lives drinking that bad milk.

....and you call me stupid.
If you did the same study as the other thread, you would find that raw milk is much worse for people. Do you know how much fat and such is in raw milk? Did you also know that we live a lot longer now than before chemicals were in our food?

Baja isn't able to be consistent because he is just looking for attention.

I do call you stupid. Your posts prove my point.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:38 AM   #24
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
with government healthcare on the horizon, I can see the Feds telling us what we can and cannot eat.
In your opinion when was the last time your government actually worked in your best interest?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:41 AM   #25
Meck77

Quote:

Because what you are saying just isn't true like usual. If a family wants milk from a cow they can raise a cow. If they want to buy whole milk from a farmer you simply do it via a CSA Community sponsored agriculture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communi...ed_agriculture.

We're also not enraged because we're too busy enjoying life, vacationing, and enjoying all the wonderful things American has to offer you American hating mother ****er.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-06-2011 at 08:43 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote