The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2011, 07:55 AM   #1
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke
Default Most recent stimulus didn't stimulate

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ob_576014.html

Obama’s Economists: ‘Stimulus’ Has Cost $278,000 per Job

Quote:
When the Obama administration releases a report on the Friday before a long weekend, it’s clearly not trying to draw attention to the report’s contents. Sure enough, the “Seventh Quarterly Report” on the economic impact of the “stimulus,” released on Friday, July 1, provides further evidence that President Obama’s economic “stimulus” did very little, if anything, to stimulate the economy, and a whole lot to stimulate the debt.
Read the whole article. There is some evidence Obama's stimulus actually hurt growth. And before people say these are lies, this report came from the White House.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 07:57 AM   #2
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Read the whole article. There is some evidence Obama's stimulus actually hurt growth. And before people say these are lies, this report came from the White House.
C'mon, the weekly standard?
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:59 AM   #3
tsiguy96
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

vote ron paul
tsiguy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:01 AM   #4
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

Depends on what you mean by 'stimulate'. There are plenty of liberals that went 'Divinyls' over the stimulus plan and will, to this day, refuse to acknowledge anything other than the reality that the stimulus created full employment, a budget surplus, and a new Cadillac in every garage.

Wait for the knee jerk reaction, Kaylore: It failed because...get this...it wasn't big enough.

Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:08 AM   #5
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
C'mon, the weekly standard?
Did you actually read the article? This is from the white House's report. This the administrations own deductions.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Wait for the knee jerk reaction, Kaylore: It failed because...get this...it wasn't big enough.
I know. That's the "reason" every time liberalism fails. "Well it clearly wasn't liberal enough."
Old 07-05-2011, 08:12 AM   #7
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Whatever........maybe you think lowering taxrates for the rich and corporations will stimulate growth and jobs JUST LIKE IT HASN'T DONE FOR THE PAST DECADE......................WHY DON'T WE KEEP DOING WHAT WE KNOW DOES NOT WORK ?

LEAST THE MAN IS TRYING TO CLEAN up after FORMER REPUB GOOD OLE BOY
but HE DIDN'T GET A BLOWJOB but he is dumber than a rock George Bush's mess...................give him some time to clean up eight years of cluster****s.........
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I actually don't even get the articles logic, but most economists, liberal or otherwise, said the stimulus was way too small to make much of a dent before it was even enacted (and also ended to early). Not to mention, 1/3 of the stimulus was actually tax cuts. I've said it 1 billion times, there's proof government intervention works in these cases, and its world war 2. Which was, economically speaking, a huge government stimulus program.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #9
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Whatever........maybe you think lowering taxrates for the rich and corporations will stimulate growth and jobs JUST LIKE IT HASN'T DONE FOR THE PAST DECADE......................WHY DON'T WE KEEP DOING WHAT WE KNOW DOES NOT WORK ?

but HE DIDN'T GET A BLOWJOB but he is dumber than a rock George Bush's mess...................give him some time to clean up eight years of cluster****s.........
Rage caps!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #10
OABB
sarcasm font

always on.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

i wish I had an Obama in my life. Like if I cheated on my wife for a decade, and than she cheated on me with Obama, I could call her a cheating whore and my neglect could be instantly ignored.
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:17 AM   #11
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I know. That's the "reason" every time liberalism fails. "Well it clearly wasn't liberal enough."
This has very little to do with "liberalism". It has more to do with the banksters running the country. See Inside Job if you haven't already.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:25 AM   #12
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
I actually don't even get the articles logic, but most economists, liberal or otherwise, said the stimulus was way too small to make much of a dent before it was even enacted (and also ended to early). Not to mention, 1/3 of the stimulus was actually tax cuts. I've said it 1 billion times, there's proof government intervention works in these cases, and its world war 2. Which was, economically speaking, a huge government stimulus program.
Those were different times. We were largely a manufacturing country with a large manufacturing workforce. It's the reason wars don't help the country's economy like they used. Unfortunately an economic theory that worked 72 years ago, I'm sure you'll agree, at the very least has got to be updated.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:27 AM   #13
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

Old 07-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #14
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Those were different times. We were largely a manufacturing country with a large manufacturing workforce. It's the reason wars don't help the country's economy like they used. Unfortunately an economic theory that worked 72 years ago, I'm sure you'll agree, at the very least has got to be updated.
Absolutely. And its sad we can't manufacture again, because we could be. I don't know what the answer is, other than its more radical than a weak stimulus or just cutting taxes again. However, i still do think, at its heart, the economic theory could work, but since we now function on a global economy, everything has to be tweaked to accomodate that.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #15
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Glad to see Kaylore has joined epicFAIL in the attention whoring on the main page. Poor fat guy was starting to get lonely.

We have a war, religion and politics forum for a reason. At least, I thought.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 AM   #16
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Makes sense... though you have to bet big to win big.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #17
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Not exactly numbers Obama is going to want repeated much. Call up your liberal buddies Obama, I am sure they will throw something on TV about global warming.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 08:46 AM   #18
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This thread will probably turn into something about how bad Bush JR was, how Reagan started all this BS, how Republicans only care about spending when it's a democract. What a giveaway the stimulus was. I hope some of you got in on that money because I don't know anyone who did. Well that isn't true I do know a couple of people who got to spend like 2 yrs on unemployment. Both could have been working faster but why do that when they give you a ton of extensions.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:52 AM   #19
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

If Obama is the answer...how stupid was the question?
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #20
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Glad to see Kaylore has joined epicFAIL in the attention whoring on the main page. Poor fat guy was starting to get lonely.

What's wrong don't like this report?
Old 07-05-2011, 09:06 AM   #21
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Absolutely. And its sad we can't manufacture again, because we could be. I don't know what the answer is, other than its more radical than a weak stimulus or just cutting taxes again. However, i still do think, at its heart, the economic theory could work, but since we now function on a global economy, everything has to be tweaked to accomodate that.
Well I agree with that. In some sense we have learned. I mean this second great depression is close to as bad as it was in the 30's but people aren't feeling it nearly as badly as they used to. And we have learned to not buy stocks on credit, and other such crap. I still am not enjoying the Zombie banks or the energy issues which are contributing to the inflation levels, though. Still with 20% underemployed, it's better than the 20% that were totally unemployed the last time this happened.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:10 AM   #22
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by OABB View Post
i wish I had an Obama in my life. Like if I cheated on my wife for a decade, and than she cheated on me with Obama, I could call her a cheating whore and my neglect could be instantly ignored.
****, I wish I was Obama. **** everyone in the country up the ass and then have my cronies blame everyone else for their ass pains.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #23
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post

I post one political article and I'm attention whoring? My last four threads have been this, two on the lockout, and one asking what video games people liked and that makes me an attention whore?

Or is an attention whore anyone who makes Obama look bad with facts from his own administration?

Please let me know the rules so I can play better, k thx bi.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #24
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

No wonder Geithner wants to resign. What a joke Obama's economic policies have been.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #25
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just goes to show the economy is above Obama´s head and his admin. as well since he doesn´t have people around him that know any more then he does about it. Throwing money around and hoping something good happens is not a plan, but that seems to be the main idea democrats have and have had for years. Try something else.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote