The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #1
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default Fun Project/Do My Work for Me

Okay, so going crazy awaiting word from some editors, so figured I'd just dive right into my next project. I figured I'd write a "throw-back" mystery, so it'd be fun to write and pretty easy to sell as well.

Anyway, time to start developing the cast of characters and well... might be fun in a boring NON off-season to put the basic and superficial stuff to the population. I've already worked out the details and the murderer etc, but the rest is kinda inconsequential and plug and go so if anyone comes up with a good idea I can run with it for fun.

In b4 why don't you make 10 self absorbed condescending a-holes since you can identify so well that?

In b4 you suck
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-22-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Okay, so going crazy awaiting word from some editors, so figured I'd just dive right into my next project. I figured I'd write a "throw-back" mystery, so it'd be fun to write and pretty easy to sell as well.

Anyway, time to start developing the cast of characters and well... might be fun in a boring NON off-season to put the basic and superficial stuff to the population. I've already worked out the details and the murderer etc, but the rest is kinda inconsequential and plug and go so if anyone comes up with a good idea I can run with it for fun.

In b4 why don't you make 10 self absorbed condescending a-holes since you can identify so well that?

In b4 you suck
In b4 you edit that second to last sentence. Holy drunken monk, Batman!
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:33 PM   #3
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:

In b4 you suck
Just make up some crap about Anti-gravity devices and aliens to sell to nutjobs like McGoober.

Or better yet write a story based around an incident that is debunked. You can set it in the 40's during the war.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 PM   #4
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&blue View Post
In b4 you edit that second to last sentence. Holy drunken monk, Batman!
Have your brother explain it to you
Old 06-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #5
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ayers

Quote:
Have your brother explain it to you
Ok.

Lev. Explain this retardation.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #6
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Random tangent:

I sometimes feel like a future terrorist or serial killer when I watch crime shows on TV. I always see how everyone was found out and think "I wouldn't make that mistake, I'd get away with that...". It sometimes makes me scare myself but as someone said once upon a cartoon, "I yam what I yam".

Anyways, point of this: Down here in Florida, there's a pretty bad drought going on. All the "lakes" are significantly below their usual levels. Well, the other day I was looking out at the fountain from my apt and noticed the exposed ground which would usually be covered with water. All I've watched on TV for the last two weeks probably are crime shows but as I was looking at that exposed ground, one of my thoughts was "That's the perfect place to bury a body if you needed to." Once water levels returned there would be almost zero chance of being discovered if you could manage to get it buried without attracting attention. Then I went and had ice cream.

Anyone else creep themselves out watching too many crime shows? Don't take my idea.

/tangent
That One Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

What about a cartoon rabbit that is always getting into zany capers? I guess that's been done before, but has it really been explored in the form of a murder novel? Make it a book about a murdering cartoon lizard, and you could be breaking new ground here that no author has ever dared touch. Think about the fame.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

BRB... off to copyright "Cartoon lizard gets into zany capers" to undermine TJ and TheRev's joint venture mystery novel.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #9
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

DAAAAAMMMMNN YOOOOOUUUUU INTERNEEEEEEEEETTTTTSSSSS!
Old 06-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy View Post
Random tangent:

I sometimes feel like a future terrorist or serial killer when I watch crime shows on TV. I always see how everyone was found out and think "I wouldn't make that mistake, I'd get away with that...". It sometimes makes me scare myself but as someone said once upon a cartoon, "I yam what I yam".

Anyways, point of this: Down here in Florida, there's a pretty bad drought going on. All the "lakes" are significantly below their usual levels. Well, the other day I was looking out at the fountain from my apt and noticed the exposed ground which would usually be covered with water. All I've watched on TV for the last two weeks probably are crime shows but as I was looking at that exposed ground, one of my thoughts was "That's the perfect place to bury a body if you needed to." Once water levels returned there would be almost zero chance of being discovered if you could manage to get it buried without attracting attention. Then I went and had ice cream.

Anyone else creep themselves out watching too many crime shows? Don't take my idea.

/tangent
Where are you in Florida?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
What about a cartoon rabbit that is always getting into zany capers? I guess that's been done before, but has it really been explored in the form of a murder novel? Make it a book about a murdering cartoon lizard, and you could be breaking new ground here that no author has ever dared touch. Think about the fame.
Quote:
BRB... off to copyright "Cartoon lizard gets into zany capers" to undermine TJ and TheRev's joint venture mystery novel.
>.<

Old 06-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #11
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Where are you in Florida?

>.<

Just moved between WPB and Ft Lauderdale.

I think TSIguy is graduating but if not, I'll be on the FAU campus with him in the fall. If I EVER see anyone in Bronco gear, I'm gonna say his car burnt from trying to haul his GF around and see if his head explodes.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #12
That One Guy
Producer of Nonsense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I love the internet. The place where every needed mental image is stored and retrievable in an instant.

"There's a .gif for that!"
Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #13
Bronco Yoda

How about a goofball named Revy who rides around on his beloved lobster named Mongo. Revy has a second personality named Super Ego. Ego is jealous of Revy & Mongos passionate love for each other.

Every day Revy rides his Mongo hippity hop style. Every night Ego pops the inflatable love lobster...... Every morning Revy repairs it with loving care. Every Night Ego finds another way to do-in Mongo.

It's a dastardly love Triangle. A cross between fight club and ground hog day.

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #14
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Just moved between WPB and Ft Lauderdale.

I think TSIguy is graduating but if not, I'll be on the FAU campus with him in the fall. If I EVER see anyone in Bronco gear, I'm gonna say his car burnt from trying to haul his GF around and see if his head explodes.
Lol, be nice, he just tries too hard. Be sure to let me know if you're ever in my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
How about a goofball named Revy who rides around on his beloved lobster named Mongo. Revy has a second personality named Super Ego. Ego is jealous of Revy & Mongos passionate love for each other.

Every day Revy rides his Mongo hippity hop style. Every night Ego pops the inflatable love lobster...... Every morning Revy repairs it with loving care. Every Night Ego finds another way to do-in Mongo.

It's a dastardly love Triangle. A cross between fight club and ground hog day.

Thanks for the effort... I just wish you were even remotely clever.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #15
Shananahan

You write for a living or something?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:51 PM   #16
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
You write for a living or something?
I'd say no, but it's kinda debate-able. I trade stocks for a living... But frankly I'm not that good at it.

I wrote a book (past tense) and made some decent money that I currently use to make a good living off of, and recently finished two more books out of boredom that I'm enduring the slow process of selling now.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #17
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

how about a story about a message board poster who takes himself way too seriously who goes insane because others on the board do not see a lot of his points the way he intends. insane because no one pays him much attention he begins to hunt down and brutally torture and kill other members of the site.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:09 PM   #18
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
I'd say no, but it's kinda debate-able. I trade stocks for a living... But frankly I'm not that good at it.

I wrote a book (past tense) and made some decent money that I currently use to make a good living off of, and recently finished two more books out of boredom that I'm enduring the slow process of selling now.
nice. i am in the process of finishing up a book of my own. once it is finished i am going to look into selling it. if you have any advice on doing that hit me up.

also what was the name of the book?
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #19
Bronco Yoda

The name was Interweb tough guy for dummies. The story of a tough talking little turd hiding safely behind his messages and sticky keyboard. It's a fantasy novelette.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:54 PM   #20
Lev Vyvanse
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange&blue View Post
Ok.

Lev. Explain this retardation.
With.
Lev Vyvanse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:52 PM   #21
BroncoMatt
The Blizzard Man

Check My Style Out

tainted peanut butter needs to be included
BroncoMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #22
Bronco Yoda

I guess that's one way to get a giant lobster lick.

Make it so...

So now we have Interweb tough guy in lobster love triangle smearing on tainted peanut butter. Wet kisses, plenty of inflatable raft patches and sticky key boards.

Damn! This thing is writing itself
Old 06-23-2011, 12:13 AM   #23
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

You need to have some crazed guy in his 60's who's coming up with a new country to move to every week because this nation is doomed...dooooomed....DOOOOOMED.

A retried wrestler who can't move on and feels the need to always perform...even if it's buying groceries and his coupon is rejected.

Last will be a former Sumo who ended up running a very successful weight loss business. It turns out he's been giving everyone food infected with tapeworm eggs!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:02 AM   #24
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I can see that the zany caperous cartoon lizard is a non-starter, which is a little upsetting given the careful thought I put into that idea.

How about a futuristic setting where robots provide a large amount of the policing, which made sense at first, but as always happens with government, encroachment into the lives of the people was inevitable. Eventually the tensions rise to where a rebellion breaks out, and now there is civil strife between the Automotonophobisists and the Federal/Global establishment - made up of humans (many of which have been modified themselves with various augments), and a semi-sentient network. Meanwhile, through all the strife, an immensely augmented human cyborg detective is on the trail of a murderer who is trying to hide a terrible secret - a secret so dark that it would rock the foundations of modern society and scar the world with the spectre of an inconveivable and endless war that has the potential to devestate humanity.

That secret, of course, being that the murderer is a capricious cartoon lizard whose carefree capers plow a wake of destruction wherever he goes, and through the power of magic he can summon an army of cartoon characters for his devious purposes, pitting man and the machine against each other.

Think of the fame. I'm thinking this is a trilogy.

Last edited by Taco John; 06-23-2011 at 02:05 AM..
Old 06-23-2011, 02:36 AM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:

In b4 you suck
Can one of them be a wanna be jazz saxophonist who tries to substitute his despair with drugs and lots of sex with strippers and hookers. Make him like obviously ****ed in the head so you know people will think hes probably the killer. But you know really just a red herring who likes 8 balls and trashy women.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote