The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball
Default Lockout on it's way out?

I can only hope this is the start of some real progress and the end of the posturing and legal maneuvering. Especially since this is the first year in like 7 years that the Broncos will be playing at Green Bay and at Minneapolis, meaning I'll finally get to see them in person again.

dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan
The minnesota federal court has cancelled mediation set next week saying it is engaged in confidential settlement talks with the parties
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I am hoping the owners who flew into the small Dupage County Air Port here in IL (that is about 5 miles from my home) can get this thing resolved.

I am hoping they didn't fly in just to go to Diamonds Gentleman's Club (which is near the AP but is teh suck) or go to Pheasant Run to catch some average dinner theater...
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:24 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Both sides need to realize that the only ones getting screwed are the fans. If their is not a full season of NFL football I think you'll witness a pretty decent size exodus of fans from the NFL and right now, the way this economy sits, that could be a death toll for some of the teams...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:30 PM   #4
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Well it's a start. I heard of the secret meeting on Mike and Mike this morning. Hopefully it's a good sign.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:31 PM   #5
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

WHOA......does that mean all of the political triping on this board can actually go away? :
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:34 PM   #6
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Both sides need to realize that the only ones getting screwed are the fans. If their is not a full season of NFL football I think you'll witness a pretty decent size exodus of fans from the NFL and right now, the way this economy sits, that could be a death toll for some of the teams...
as much as i love the nfl, i will not let them off the hook if we miss even a single game...

billionaires arguing with millionaires over that much money while us fans suffer is a sad thing...

i know its a business but i have to set a standard...if the season is at all compromised, i'm not spending a dime on the game...i'll watch no games, buy no merchandise, cancel my NFL ticket and not buy any tickets to games...

i won't be missed as an individual but i'd do it regardless...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
as much as i love the nfl, i will not let them off the hook if we miss even a single game...

billionaires arguing with millionaires over that much money while us fans suffer is a sad thing...

i know its a business but i have to set a standard...if the season is at all compromised, i'm not spending a dime on the game...i'll watch no games, buy no merchandise, cancel my NFL ticket and not buy any tickets to games...

I am calling BS. You have posted over 5,000 times on a message board. You will watch football, you will complain on the internet. Resistance is futile.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
HooptyHoops
We need a DE

C'mon D

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eddie Royal

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
I can only hope this is the start of some real progress and the end of the posturing and legal maneuvering. Especially since this is the first year in like 7 years that the Broncos will be playing at Green Bay and at Minneapolis, meaning I'll finally get to see them in person again.

dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan
The minnesota federal court has cancelled mediation set next week saying it is engaged in confidential settlement talks with the parties
This is AWESOME news! I don't want to get my hopes up, but man, I love this glimmer of hope!!
HooptyHoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #9
Bronco Yoda

Hmmmmmmmmm
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

yawn...whatever

League, NFLPA* issue joint statement on not-so-secret talks
Posted by Mike Florio on June 2, 2011, 2:41 PM EDT

What initially appeared to be a clandestine meeting of a subset of owners but then became a secret NFL-NFLPA* negotiating session eventually has become an off-site mediation gathering prompted by U.S. Magistrate Judge Arthur Boylan (pictured).

The league and the union-turned-trade-association issued a joint statement on Thursday regarding the situation: “The parties met pursuant to court mediation. Owners and players were engaged in confidential discussions before Chief Magistrate Judge Boylan. The court has ordered continued confidentiality of the mediation sessions.”

Thus, given that Magistrate Judge Boylan instigated the talks, the only truly good news to come out of the two-day get-together comes from the fact that the lawyers were left out of the process.

Whether the lawyers return when mediation resumes remains to be seen. It also remains to be seen whether any real progress has been made. Hopefully, the lawyers have been excluded from the process until the time comes to put the “wherefores” and “heretofores” into a written settlement agreement.

Still, the fact that the parties didn’t agree to these talks on their own makes us much less optimistic about the possibility that the concrete blocks of an eventual house of labor peace have been dropped into place.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
BlaK-Argentina
Pampita says...

... support your team!

Please, I want my football damnit.
BlaK-Argentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 12:55 PM   #12
El Minion
Ring of Famer

Maybe, maybe not.

@dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan: The minnesota federal court has cancelled mediation set next week saying it is engaged in confidential settlement talks with the parties
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #13
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Sounds like the owners got word their case didn't look so good...
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #14
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Safe to fap?

/**** it

///fap fap fap
Old 06-02-2011, 01:14 PM   #15
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
WHOA......does that mean all of the political triping on this board can actually go away? :
/FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP FAP
Old 06-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #16
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post

Kudos for your ethics, but as far as me and my family - i'm buying the Sunday Ticket, probably buying a stitched Tebow jersey, and attending the Broncos game @ Arrowhead.

Its a game. I love it.

I have more issues with the big oil companies (and the middle east regimes they help support), but i'm not boycotting gasoline any time soon.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:35 PM   #17
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch 2.0 View Post
Sounds like the owners got word their case didn't look so good...
I think it's the players, actually. The rumor is they became much more reasonable once the owners won a stay on the injunction. The 8th circuit court is very business friendly and will likely rule for the owners. The stay alone hurts because the players are normally collecting money for workouts right now. It also bought time for the owners and the longer this drags on, the more it squeezes the players and leads to an owner victory. My suspicion is both parties agreed to this with a greater sense of urgency coming from the players.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #18
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Kudos for your ethics, but as far as me and my family - i'm buying the Sunday Ticket, probably buying a stitched Tebow jersey, and attending the Broncos game @ Arrowhead.

Its a game. I love it.

I have more issues with the big oil companies (and the middle east regimes they help support), but i'm not boycotting gasoline any time soon.
Grab a cheap Tebow jersey from Tarajersey.com

Guarantee the NFL won't see a dime of it
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #19
Captain 'Dre
Along For The Ride

For THIS I Went To Grad School?!?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It's not that us fans are "getting screwed"... It's that the fans are the league's meal-ticket, and if they alienate us a la MLB in '95, it's the NFL itself-- the owners and players-- who will ultimately suffer.

The NFL cannot afford for a huge chunk of the fan base to no longer give a schidt.
Captain 'Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #20
Rausch 2.0
Angry Drunken German

Angry Drunken German

Adopt-a-Bronco:
McD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It also bought time for the owners and the longer this drags on, the more it squeezes the players and leads to an owner victory. My suspicion is both parties agreed to this with a greater sense of urgency coming from the players.
Rausch 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:05 PM   #21
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain 'Dre View Post
It's not that us fans are "getting screwed"... It's that the fans are the league's meal-ticket, and if they alienate us a la MLB in '95, it's the NFL itself-- the owners and players-- who will ultimately suffer.

The NFL cannot afford for a huge chunk of the fan base to no longer give a schidt.

We're addicts and they know it.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:28 PM   #22
fdf
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
No. It's offseason. That's what OM does in the offseason.
fdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:32 PM   #23
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
I am calling BS. You have posted over 5,000 times on a message board. You will watch football, you will complain on the internet.
lol, good point...

sadly, you're prolly right...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 04:52 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post

dkaplanSBJ daniel kaplan
That sounds very hopeful. I don't think I've looked so forward to a season in the last 10 years.

Hi my name is gunns and I'm an addict.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #25
bronco610
OLD FART

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
That sounds very hopeful. I don't think I've looked so forward to a season in the last 10 years.

Hi my name is gunns and I'm an addict.
Hi, gunns !!!
bronco610 is offline   Reply With Quote