The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2011, 06:53 AM   #1
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Default Fishing in Colorado....

Hey everyone! My dad is visting the Denver area soon from southern NM. He is an avid outdoorsman and wants to do some fishing while he is there. I told him I knew some great guys who know where good spots are! Nothing too extreme were he would have to hike a day to get there. Just somewhere he can take a day trip to and have a great experience. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dbfan4life; 06-01-2011 at 10:29 AM..
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
worm
Great moments are born...

...from great opportunity

Adopt-a-Bronco:

Any gold medal river will do. I am partial to the Fryingpan River from Ruedi Dam to Basalt as I used to live right on it. He would also be able to hit the Roaring Fork and go over the Continental Divide.

To far to do as a day trip but could be done as a one nighter....with that one night spent in Aspen or Basalt.
worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #3
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

I suggest the entire state of Colorado.

But as a kid I would fish in the flat tops, along the river (forget which) between vail and glenwood spgs, piney lake and a ton more.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
dbfan4life
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I suggest the entire state of Colorado.

But as a kid I would fish in the flat tops, along the river (forget which) between vail and glenwood spgs, piney lake and a ton more.
I think he will be in the glenwood spgs area.
dbfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
Tim

This time of the year the roaring fork is flowing so much it is unfishable but the frying pan is good and thats what I would recommend near glenwood.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:21 AM   #6
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Your Dad can get some of the best current conditions around the state from this site

http://www.takemefishing.org/state/p...=State_Fishing

My favorites have always been the San Miguel and Delores Rivers near Telluride, but I'm from the general area, so I'm biased.

Truth is, I haven't had a bad experience fishing anywhere in Colorado, especially during high summer; mid-July through mid-August.

Right now, the unbelievable snow pack and heavy snowmelt makes brook fishing difficult, if not dangerous. The best period is after the runoff in mid-July. Hope that helps.

Take a look at the site for licensing information and current conditions during the period of his visit.
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote