The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #1
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator
 
Man-Goblin's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 6,078

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth
Default Ben McDaniels tutoring Sam Bradford this Summer

Smooth move, McD.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/431743...s-player_news/
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-2011, 08:37 AM   #2
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,177
Default

very bellicheat like
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 47,093

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

I'd refuse to play for that cheat.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,672
Default

Once a cheat...
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
Pendejo
The off-season.
 
Pendejo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 2,911

Adopt-a-Bronco:
"The Greek"
Default

That's smart if they can get away with it. Although most of their offense will come between the 20's.
Pendejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:00 AM   #6
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,952

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas says he "wouldn't dispute the conspiracy" that Ben McDaniels -- OC Josh's younger brother -- is teaching Sam Bradford the Rams' offense during the lockout.

Quote:
Neither would we. Ben was Josh's quarterbacks coach in Denver, and is currently considered "unemployed." Danario Alexander recently described Bradford as already knowing the McDaniels' offensive scheme "like the back of his hand."
The bold part above is all you have to read to further tell you the weasel McDaniels is.
What a piece of **** that cockroach is.
Once a cheat, always a cheat!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #7
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Jim Thomas says he "wouldn't dispute the conspiracy" that Ben McDaniels -- OC Josh's younger brother -- is teaching Sam Bradford the Rams' offense during the lockout.


The bold part above is all you have to read to further tell you the weasel McDaniels is.
What a piece of **** that cockroach is.
Once a cheat, always a cheat!
Why is that so dispicable? I'm not trying to be a McDaniels appologist here, I'd just like to know why this is such a terrible thing to do. Seems pretty smart to me.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:13 AM   #8
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Why is that so dispicable? I'm not trying to be a McDaniels appologist here, I'd just like to know why this is such a terrible thing to do. Seems pretty smart to me.
It is probably a non issue rule wise since Ben is not employed. I think it bothers people because the intent is to get a competitive advantage by skirting the rules. Morally it comes off as cheating to me.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #9
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,120
Default

Will be interesting to see Bradford's progression this year, and the next...
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:18 AM   #10
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
It is probably a non issue rule wise since Ben is not employed. I think it bothers people because the intent is to get a competitive advantage by skirting the rules. Morally it comes off as cheating to me.
Ben McDaniels doesn't work for the Rams. You think it's cheating to have a someone familiar with a team's system working out with your players during the lockout? Every team should be doing this IMO.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Lol. If there was ANY POSSIBLE WAY Timothy Richard could get this type of help, no one would bat an eye. And you're lying if you say otherwise.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
rugbythug
Church Eyes.
 
rugbythug's Avatar
 
Salty Dog

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 4,071

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller
Default

Its cheating if the raiders do it.

Smart move if the broncos do it.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:31 AM   #13
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Ben McDaniels doesn't work for the Rams. You think it's cheating to have a someone familiar with a team's system working out with your players during the lockout? Every team should be doing this IMO.
As I said before no I think it is a non issue rule wise. No black and white infraction has been broken.

Having said that the spirit of the rule was no coach player interaction. Morally I do not think they are living up to that. That's why it bothers me.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:35 AM   #14
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
As I said before no I think it is a non issue rule wise. No black and white infraction has been broken.

Having said that the spirit of the rule was no coach player interaction. Morally I do not think they are living up to that. That's why it bothers me.
so you can sit here and honestly tell me if john fox had someone close to him that wasn't employed by the broncos, and knew everything about his system, that you'd be morally challenged if he was working with tebow? GTFOH

ps I love that avatar. Very benny benasi like!
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:39 AM   #15
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,177
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
so you can sit here and honestly tell me if john fox had someone close to him that wasn't employed by the broncos, and knew everything about his system, that you'd be morally challenged if he was working with tebow? GTFOH

ps I love that avatar. Very benny benasi like!
I guess it would depend on the circumstances. If Tebow and the friend of the coach found each other on their own then no I would have no issue. If the coach arranged it then ya probably. And I should probably stop saying morals and sub ethics in there.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:40 AM   #16
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
so you can sit here and honestly tell me if john fox had someone close to him that wasn't employed by the broncos, and knew everything about his system, that you'd be morally challenged if he was working with tebow? GTFOH

ps I love that avatar. Very benny benasi like!
Can you think of one other example of a team doing this? What exactly does this have to do with anything then? I completely agree with the drunk monkey.

You McFans need to move on.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:59 AM   #17
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Can you think of one other example of a team doing this? What exactly does this have to do with anything then? I completely agree with the drunk monkey.

You McFans need to move on.
I'm sure many of the teams are doing this under the radar. There have also been a lot of rumors and reports around the league of actual cheating--direct contact via texts and phone calls from coaches to players.

My question is, if other teams aren't doing this, why the hell not? It's not against the lockout rules. So it's legal. Anyone can do it, so it's not some kind of unfair advantage. What in the world would stop you. It's only cheating or "unethical" if you are doing it and no one else is allowed to.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:05 AM   #18
strafen
Karma
 
strafen's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,952

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I'm sure many of the teams are doing this under the radar. There have also been a lot of rumors and reports around the league of actual cheating--direct contact via texts and phone calls from coaches to players.

My question is, if other teams aren't doing this, why the hell not? It's not against the lockout rules. So it's legal. Anyone can do it, so it's not some kind of unfair advantage. What in the world would stop you. It's only cheating or "unethical" if you are doing it and no one else is allowed to.
it's wrong no matter how you slice it.
You could under the umbrella of "no rule has been broken" that is a "smart" move. You know it's a cheesey move at the very minimum. You know it, everybody knows it, you're just trying to look at it from a different angle to find the positive of the move, but it's still wrong!
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:11 AM   #19
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by strafen View Post
it's wrong no matter how you slice it.
You could under the umbrella of "no rule has been broken" that is a "smart" move. You know it's a cheesey move at the very minimum. You know it, everybody knows it, you're just trying to look at it from a different angle to find the positive of the move, but it's still wrong!
It is legal, so it's clearly not wrong every way you slice it. I don't know what a "cheesy move" is. If it's an oppertunity that has been taken to give my team the best chance possible to win games under the current rules and guidelines, then I call it a smart move. You are the one trying to look at it from a different angle. I'm dealing in pretty straight forward right and wrong, black and white, allowed or not allowed. I think this is smart and would think so no matter which team was doing it.

Please though, I'm all ears, tell me exactly what you find so wrong about it.

Last edited by bowtown; 05-27-2011 at 11:13 AM..
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #20
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
Can you think of one other example of a team doing this? What exactly does this have to do with anything then? I completely agree with the drunk monkey.

You McFans need to move on.
Blah blah blah you hate mcd, we get it. I'm simply pointing out that if OUR TEAM did the same thing with tebow, people wouldn't find fault. It's a hypothetical possibility Jhiz.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:33 AM   #21
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
And I should probably stop saying morals and sub ethics in there.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #22
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Blah blah blah you hate mcd, we get it. I'm simply pointing out that if OUR TEAM did the same thing with tebow, people wouldn't find fault. It's a hypothetical possibility Jhiz.
And when this team does it, you will have an argument to make. Until then, you are speculating and presenting it as fact...
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #23
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,608

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhns View Post
And when this team does it, you will have an argument to make. Until then, you are speculating and presenting it as fact...
Pssst... you should google the word hypothetical.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:49 AM   #24
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,970

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

so I can't argue on speculation now? Thanks internet police, you obviously missed the point completely. It's an opinion, one that obviously struck a chord because your panties are all twisted. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my statement, because it IS hypothetical. The best part is, you know I'm right because people (for the most part) wouldn't give a flying ****.

My opinion.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #25
jhns
Ring of Famer
 
but you still can't C me!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha
Posts: 12,356

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I think a few of you need to learn the difference between a factual statement and an opinion."People will do this if it happened.", is clearly presenting something as a fact.
jhns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Denver Broncos