The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #351
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
If so perhaps an impeachment is around the corner. **** I don't blame the mexicans wanting to get out of that hell hole. Their politicians are worse than ours. But hey Mexico is safer than the USA according to the old hippie gringos hiding down in Cabo.
Once again it is the opinion of the article (presented as a question ) But as usual you demonstrate zero ability to take an article posted for discussion, instead assume the poster agrees with said article and drag up 2 year old threads to continue your agenda of attack. You are a disingenuous closed minded individual that could use some help.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #352
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The areas in Mexico that aren't smuggling routes I'm sure are fine. Just like America very safe unless you go to a bad neighborhood. Who cares though BAJA, we sure don't. Mexico is old news, we have all been there tons of times if you are from Calif. I have done all there is to do in Mexico and have no desire to ever go back. Too many places I have not seen. If I go south again I would visit cousin in Costa Rica. His GF from Panama and she really wants to take a bunch of people there to see what she says is a country on the rise tourism wise.

I had some great fishing trips down in Baja CA though. If the right group of guys was going i might go again. I would rather though go billfishing in Costa Rica.
Maybe you missed it; Mexico is being used as an entry point for a mass invasion of unskilled, completely broke and often sick people.

FYI Here is is in caps; I COULD GIVE A SHIIT LESS WHAT YOU THINK OF MEXICO.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:52 AM   #353
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Maybe you missed it; Mexico is being used as an entry point for a mass invasion of unskilled, completely broke and often sick people.
Funny so are Arizona and California.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 10:54 AM   #354
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Funny so are Arizona and California.
Don't forget Texas
Old 07-03-2014, 11:11 AM   #355
Meck77

Quote:

Quote:
Once again it is the opinion of the article (presented as a question ) But as usual you demonstrate zero ability to take an article posted for discussion, instead assume the poster agrees with said article and drag up 2 year old threads to continue your agenda of attack. You are a disingenuous closed minded individual that could use some help.

FYI Here is is in caps; I COULD GIVE A SHIIT LESS WHAT YOU THINK OF MEXICO.

Says the who accuses others of being closed minded. Just 4 minutes between saying he doesn't care what others feel about Mexico to accusing others of not being open minded to differing views.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-03-2014 at 11:14 AM..
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #356
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Says the who accuses others of being closed minded. Just 4 minutes between saying he doesn't care what others feel about Mexico to accusing others of not being open minded to differing views.
I just wish you'd quit following me around. I already have a dog.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #357
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Mexico.......
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 AM   #358
Meck77

Quote:
I just wish you'd quit following me around. I already have a dog.
Oh come on. Put your big boy pants on. This is the WRP forum. You accuse others of being closed minded yet within back to back posts you flat out say you don't care what their opinion is of Mexico. Hypocrite!

You've fought hard to sell us on the safety and wonderful attributes of Mexico. The reality is it's a war zone with tens of thousands of deaths, over 10,000 missing. You basically live in an annexed area of the United States not TRUE mexico. We own cabo.

Last edited by Meck77; 07-03-2014 at 11:29 AM..
Old 07-05-2014, 10:55 AM   #359
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...orruption.html

Last edited by baja; 07-05-2014 at 10:59 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 08:03 PM   #360
Meck77

Chicago is the Mexico of the United States.....

82 shootings over the weekend. Unreal. http://abcnews.go.com/US/chicagos-ho...ry?id=24452637
Old 07-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #361
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Fences won't work, fences won't work...oh, the White House has one. "That's different."
Winner of the Mind-Numbingly Terrible Analogy of the Week Award.

Congrats!
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #362
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I just came home from Mazatlan a few hours ago. Tons of "tourism police" trucks all around. I guess they are so scared of the crime and drug stuff turning tourists off that they blanket the tourist areas with them.

But everything is great in Mexico, right Baja?

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #363
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I just came home from Mazatlan a few hours ago. Tons of "tourism police" trucks all around. I guess they are so scared of the crime and drug stuff turning tourists off that they blanket the tourist areas with them.

Never said it was. I suggest you check out the link I posted 4 posts (359) above yours.

BTW I would never go to Mazatlan, it's a dangerous shiit hole where only Canadians in checkered shorts and black socks go. Even the cruise ships don't stop there anymore.

Last edited by baja; 07-07-2014 at 08:41 PM..
Old 07-07-2014, 09:57 PM   #364
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Chicago is the Mexico of the United States.....

82 shootings over the weekend. Unreal. http://abcnews.go.com/US/chicagos-ho...ry?id=24452637
Chicago has had less murders this year than last year. Overall gun violence is way down in the city. Gun violence all throughout the US has been dropping for the last 20 years.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:02 PM   #365
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Never said it was. I suggest you check out the link I posted 4 posts (359) above yours.

BTW I would never go to Mazatlan, it's a dangerous shiit hole where only Canadians in checkered shorts and black socks go. Even the cruise ships don't stop there anymore.
I looked at that article. I'm puzzled as to why you would post it. The general premise of your thread is that Mexico is somehow safer than the US and then you refer me to an article that talks about how bad corruption is in Mexico.

I can't speak to the whole of Mazatlan but the individual resort is nice, as expected and there is some good seafood on the beach joints there.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 07-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #366
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
I looked at that article. I'm puzzled as to why you would post it. The general premise of your thread is that Mexico is somehow safer than the US and then you refer me to an article that talks about how bad corruption is in Mexico.

I can't speak to the whole of Mazatlan but the individual resort is nice, as expected and there is some good seafood on the beach joints there.
For some strange reason you and Meck (and others) seem to think I am a am blind defender of all things Mexico. Mexico is a dangerous place, the United States is a dangerous place, the world is a dangerous place and it gets more dangerous by the minute, one would have to be asleep or in deep denial (likely both) to not see that.

What motivates me now is knowing the truth, truly that is not easy for any of us given our layers of indoctrination and the story of others imprinted on us. "The sins of the father shall be passed to the son" and all that. The great cosmic joke is we are a self regulating species. For all my effort I have come to the point that I realize I know nothing. That realization presents the opportunity to see through the vail of our very long standing deceptions.

I realize that may seem a little out there but when you grow older you see the bull shiit easier, both that of others and more importantly your own.

BTW this thread is 2 years old Meck keeps bumping it because he wants me.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:21 AM   #367
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
For some strange reason you and Meck (and others) seem to think I am a am blind defender of all things Mexico.

BTW this thread is 2 years old Meck keeps bumping it because he wants me.
You may not be a blind defender of Mexico, but from someone who has known you for awhile, it just seems like you are always pimping Mexico vis a vis the US. If you enjoy life in that country good for you, but you go out of your way to pimp them when it's a ****ing third world country, rife with violence, drugs, extreme poverty and crime on levels far beyond anything the US has seen.

No one is saying the US doesn't have its issues to work through, but on its worst day it is 50x better than Mexico.

And I don't know about Meck, but Chrissy Rules has referred to you as a "refined" gentleman on multiple occasions, so perhaps she is waiting for an invite to Baja.

BRING BACK BUTCH
Old 07-08-2014, 06:02 AM   #368
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Winner of the Mind-Numbingly Terrible Analogy of the Week Award.

Congrats!
, all the posts in this thread and that's the only thing you respond to? Gee, ad hominem much? Nah, you've never resorted to that before. Congrats
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 06:08 AM   #369
Meck77

Mexico shares a border with the United States. It's in our daily news these days because of all the crime and economic problems it's causing the United States.

I realize baja you feel you are this beacon of knowledge and the WORLD revolves around you but this is a WAR, Religion, and politics forum.

In all years here at the mane I've probably started 25 threads outside the tailgate forum. I find it to be a pain in the ass and usually just bump old threads. I'm notorious for bumping old threads. Recycle! Don't waste!

I also agree with SoCals sentiments. There was a time you thought Mexico was heaven on earth and all things in America were terrible. Since you've been on here we were suppose to have been dead a dozen times already. Your pimping of how glorious Mexico WAS is well documented. It took a long time but eventually you did admit that it's the pile of crap we all knew it was. You should have gone to Costa Rica instead dude. The Ticas like Gringos, no army, great beaches and hot springs, Much much better standard of life, around $500 direct non stop flight to Denver on frontier to a Broncos game. You didn't listen!

The world has always had it's problems. The world will always have it's problems. But man or man o man what a wonderful world it is! Life is what you make it!

Last edited by Meck77; 07-08-2014 at 07:05 AM..
Old 07-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #370
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

I hear that kidnapping is about to unseat soccer as the national sport.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 08:51 AM   #371
slick7
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I hear that kidnapping is about to unseat soccer as the national sport.
Only if you are a rich Mexican. They're not kidnapping tourists, not that I've heard anyway. The new craze in Mexico D.F. is kidnapping dogs. Those rich ladies pay a king's ransom to get their precious chihuahuas back.

I'm over here about an hour south of Cancun on the Yucatan Peninsula. Been here for 7 years now. Things on this side are really pretty mellow. Our beaches are way nicer than the ones in Baja. Soft pillowy white sand just does it for me. Plus, the ocean temp is around 84 degrees right now. I bet in Baja it's like 60 to 65 degrees.

Not to put down Los Cabos, which I am sure is very nice. I haven't taveled a whole lot because I work, but I've been to Merida, Yucatan, Taxco, Guerrero for a wedding, Mexico D.F. to visit friends of the girlfriend, and I was in Papantla, Veracruz to see Tool and Primus play a show in March.

I've never once didn't feel safe except for the time I was on the subway in Mexico City. Everyone was staring at a 6'3" gringo in shorts and flip flops, but nobody messed with me, just got some weird looks.

There's some great deals on airfare and hotels to come down to this side if anyone is interested in a quick, cheap Carribean getaway. If you're interested in going diving, send a message, I'd be happy to help.
slick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #372
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick7 View Post
Only if you are a rich Mexican. They're not kidnapping tourists, not that I've heard anyway. The new craze in Mexico D.F. is kidnapping dogs. Those rich ladies pay a king's ransom to get their precious chihuahuas back.

I'm over here about an hour south of Cancun on the Yucatan Peninsula. Been here for 7 years now. Things on this side are really pretty mellow. Our beaches are way nicer than the ones in Baja. Soft pillowy white sand just does it for me. Plus, the ocean temp is around 84 degrees right now. I bet in Baja it's like 60 to 65 degrees.

Not to put down Los Cabos, which I am sure is very nice. I haven't taveled a whole lot because I work, but I've been to Merida, Yucatan, Taxco, Guerrero for a wedding, Mexico D.F. to visit friends of the girlfriend, and I was in Papantla, Veracruz to see Tool and Primus play a show in March.

I've never once didn't feel safe except for the time I was on the subway in Mexico City. Everyone was staring at a 6'3" gringo in shorts and flip flops, but nobody messed with me, just got some weird looks.

There's some great deals on airfare and hotels to come down to this side if anyone is interested in a quick, cheap Carribean getaway. If you're interested in going diving, send a message, I'd be happy to help.
Cabo water temperature is currently 83 F.

The beaches in your area are fantastic but Los Cabos beaches are also great don't know why you say they are not unless you are guessing.
Old 07-08-2014, 11:50 AM   #373
slick7
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Cabo water temperature is currently 83 F.

The beaches in your area are fantastic but Los Cabos beaches are also great don't know why you say they are not unless you are guessing.
83 degrees huh, but if you go for a dive? There's no thermocline? I was told below 40ft the water dips into the 60's. I haven't been to your neck of the woods yet, but I would love to. You guys have way more big stuff to see in the ocean. Whales, mantas, hammerheads, etc.

I got lucky the other day and saw 2 blue marlin up near the surface on a dive.

I didn't say the beaches in Los Cabos weren't nice, just that ours are better.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #374
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Well if your are a diver you are in the right place. The diving is good but nothing like your area. We do have a marine park and the only corral reef on the Pacific side. Google Cabo Pulmo
Old 07-08-2014, 12:43 PM   #375
slick7
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Well if your are a diver you are in the right place. The diving is good but nothing like your area. We do have a marine park and the only corral reef on the Pacific side. Google Cabo Pulmo
That looks incredible. Good for them, doing a marine park. They did the same thing over at Cozumel. It's amazing the difference when they actually adhere to the fishing regulations and let nature be. I would love to go dive there.