The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2014, 01:35 PM   #1
Bronco Yoda

Default Israeli police brutally beat a 15 year old American Citizen

The victim of the savage beatings seen in these videos has been identified as 15-year-old Palestinian American Tariq Abukhdeir, a cousin of recent lynching victim Muhammed Abu Khudair.

Tariq has since been arrested and held without charge and denied medical treatment, according to his family and the rights group Addameer.

Tariq’s family lives in Tampa, Florida and have been on vacation in Palestine since early June. They are scheduled to return to the United States on 16 July. Tariq’s next court hearing is scheduled for Sunday, 6 July.

http://electronicintifada.net/blogs/...beat-him-death

[IMG][/IMG]
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

BS they threw rocks and everyone knows it. Throw rocks at police or military in any country and see what happens.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:47 PM   #3
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

But he is an American so IMO they should release him to his family and tell him not to come back to Israel.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #4
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

We have cops beating up people here and they are Americans. Plus, I heard it was a mistake. The kid was not named Tariq but Aqib.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #5
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Meanwhile Islamic terrorists behead people and torture, but to be different, liberals would claim "it's all the same."
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 06:03 PM   #6
Bronco Yoda

How much money do we send them every year again as foreign aid allotment and loan guarantees?

How about all those tax exemptions by U.S. tax payers that donors can claim when they donate money to Israeli charities. (I have Jewish relatives so I know about this little secret most Americans do not)

When grant, loans, interest and tax deductions are added together every year, do we really even know how many BILLIONS this so called "special relationship" with Israel costs the U.S. taxpayers every year.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:06 AM   #7
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Be honest, it is jealousy isn't it? we have all wanted to beat the stupid out of some 15 year olds.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 07:24 AM   #8
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

He got smacked across the face hard for sure, but he looks more or less Ok in the photos excluding a probable L maxillary sinus fracture. Not sure what the Isreali approach is but I would be surprised if he didn't at least get a screening exam from a medic or nurse.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:57 AM   #9
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
He got smacked across the face hard for sure, but he looks more or less Ok in the photos excluding a probable L maxillary sinus fracture. Not sure what the Isreali approach is but I would be surprised if he didn't at least get a screening exam from a medic or nurse.
"Smacked across the face"... seriously? He was in handcuffs lying on the ground like a limp rag while he was being assaulted. He was kicked in the face over and over again while it appeared he was unconscious. There's more than one video of this from different angles.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:30 AM   #10
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
"Smacked across the face"... seriously? He was in handcuffs lying on the ground like a limp rag while he was being assaulted. He was kicked in the face over and over again while it appeared he was unconscious. There's more than one video of this from different angles.
You do understand that he was picked up in violent part of the world in the middle of riot? I am not condoning the Israeli military or their action but it wasn't like there wasn't some **** going on.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
Bronco Yoda

ABC US News | ABC Sports News

This is one of our kids. No he's not a white Christian... but should that really matter?

A kid from Florida visiting his family in Israel. A family btw who's grieving for a child burned to death over there while he was still breathing.

...So we have this American teen standing on the sidewalk watching whatever is going on at the time. He's pulled from the crowd and beaten. Then dragged off to an alleyway where his limp noodled unconscious body is handcuffed and then punched and kicked over and over and over and over again.... and again... and again.

Then he's arrested and held without charges while not given needed medical attention.

Where's the outrage? Where's the disconnect? Am I missing something here?

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 07-07-2014 at 10:36 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #12
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So he's picked out and pulled from the crowd and beaten because he was minding his own business and selling cookies?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #13
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

who goes to a riot zone for vacation. Stupid family went looking for trouble and they found it. I have a Palestinian friend who said the same thing. Stupid parents and they should be arrested for child endangerment.
Old 07-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #14
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
who goes to a riot zone for vacation. Stupid family went looking for trouble and they found it. I have a Palestinian friend who said the same thing. Stupid parents and they should be arrested for child endangerment.
I'll agree that it was ill advised. Another case of dumb naive fellow Americans not fully appreciating or understanding the dangers outside our borders.

But I can't help but wonder how different this whole story would be playing out and how different the responses would be on this thread, if say for instance, the boy was named 'Timmy from Indiana" and his blue eyed rosy cheeked family was currently on a bible land tour (like this one for instance)

Bible land tours http://www.jerusalem-eternal-tours.com/Jet/Templates/showpage.asp?DBID=1&LNGID=1&TMID=&FID=876&PID=0&IID=1183

...and this $hit happened.

I'm so glad my tax dollars are being sent to places like this. Everyone get your checkbook out and smile. You're paying for it...

Last edited by Bronco Yoda; 07-07-2014 at 11:14 AM..
Old 07-07-2014, 01:32 PM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

a tour of biblical sites not strange at all. Even people not that religious like to tour those sites Yoda. What normal people don't seek out is confrontations with police.
Old 07-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #16
Bronco Yoda

Quote:
a tour of biblical sites not strange at all. Even people not that religious like to tour those sites Yoda. What normal people don't seek out is confrontations with police.
I've been on one of those years ago with the family. I love ancient places, cultures, etc. What's your point?

You're the one asking who takes vacations over there (in a riot zone) not me. The answer is..... lots of people. but nice try attempting to twist it around that way. It didn't work btw.

So I take it you're all fine and dandy with all our tax dollars going over there by the Billions then?

And you're fine with them brutally assaulting our visiting teens in return?
Old 07-07-2014, 10:08 PM   #17
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Shh don't talk about the idiot parents it's all Palestines fault.

My next family vacation we will storm Baghdad..hopefully no one gets hurt. I'm not okay with the kid being beaten up, but the kid never should have been put in that situation to begin with.

Last edited by DenverBroncosJM; 07-07-2014 at 10:12 PM..
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #18
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Meanwhile Islamic terrorists behead people and torture, but to be different, liberals would claim "it's all the same."
Meanwhile, US forces use remote control drones to bomb in arbitrary fashion from the air, often killing civilians, including women and children.

Superpowers should know better. MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:29 PM   #19
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Meanwhile, US forces use remote control drones to bomb in arbitrary fashion from the air, often killing civilians, including women and children.

Superpowers should know better. MHG
Since Obama became president, apparently that is no longer a worry.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #20
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Since Obama became president, apparently that is no longer a worry.
Huh?

Obama has dramatically escalated the drone attacks. There are many more now than under Bush.

MHG
Old 07-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #21
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Huh?

Obama has dramatically escalated the drone attacks. There are many more now than under Bush.

MHG
Cmon Gaff you should be used to sarcasm around here by now.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:16 PM   #22
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Huh?

MHG
No kidding. I was referring to how those that were worried about drones killing innocent civilians have suddenly become silent since Obama became president. It's like it isn't happening in their little world.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:31 PM   #23
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Jewish Hate of Arabs Proves: Israel Must Undergo Cultural Revolution:

Without a revolution based on humanist values, the Jewish tribe will not be worthy of its own state.

Haaretz Editorial

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.603451#

July 09, 2014 There are no words to describe the horror allegedly done by six Jews to Mohammed Abu Khdeir of Shoafat. Although a gag order bars publication of details of the terrible murder and the identities of its alleged perpetrators, the account of Abu Khdeir’s family — according to which the boy was burned alive — would horrify any mortal. Anyone who is not satisfied with this description, can view the horror movie in which members of Israel’s Border Police are seen brutally beating Tariq Abu Khdeir, the murder victim’s 15-year-old cousin.

The Israel Police was quick to label the murderers “Jewish extremists,” meaning they aren’t part of the herd, they are outliers, “wild weeds.” This is the police’s way of trying to justify a sin, to “make the vermin kosher.” But the vermin is huge, and many-legged. It has embraced the soldiers and other young Israelis who overran the social media networks with calls for revenge and with hatred for Arabs. The vermin was welcomed by Knesset members, rabbis and public figures who demanded revenge. Nor did it skip over the prime minister, who declared “Vengeance for the blood of a small child, Satan has not yet created.”

Abu Khdeir’s murderers are not “Jewish extremists.” They are the descendants and builders of a culture of hate and vengeance that is nurtured and fertilized by the guides of “the Jewish state": Those for whom every Arab is a bitter enemy, simply because they are Arab; those who were silent at the Beitar Jerusalem games when the team’s fans shouted “death to Arabs” at Arab players; those who call for cleansing the state of its Arab minority, or at least to drive them out of the homes and cities of the Jews.

No less responsible for the murder are those who did not halt, with an iron hand, violence by Israeli soldiers against Palestinian civilians, and who failed to investigate complaints “due to lack of public interest.” The term “Jewish extremists” actually seems more appropriate for the small Jewish minority that is still horrified by these acts of violence and murder. But they too recognize, unfortunately, that they belong to a vengeful, vindictive Jewish tribe whose license to perpetrate horrors is based on the horrors that were done to it.

Prosecuting the murderers is no longer sufficient. There must be a cultural revolution in Israel. Its political leaders and military officers must recognize this injustice and right it. They must begin raising the next generation, at least, on humanist values, and foster a tolerant public discourse. Without these, the Jewish tribe will not be worthy of its own state.