The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2017, 11:29 PM   #1
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default Anti-inauguration Ball

I freaking love Audioislave.

Audioslave, Jack Black and More Join "Anti-Inaugural Ball" Hosted by Prophets of Rage

6:34 PM PST 1/17/2017 by Colin Stutz, Billboard

The event, in protest of Donald Trump's presidential inauguration, will mark the first Audioslave reunion in 11 years.

Prophets of Rage will host the Anti-Inaugural Ball on Friday in protest of Donald Trump's presidential inauguration, with guest performances by Chris Cornell, Vic Mensa, Jackson Browne and more.

Jack Black and the Los Angeles Freedom Choir also will join the event, which will be held at the Teragram Ballroom in Los Angeles. The full show will be live-streamed on Prophets of Rage's Facebook page.

Prophets of Rage is made up of former Rage Against the Machine members Tom Morello, Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk, Public Enemy's Chuck D and DJ Lord and B-Real of Cypress Hill. With Cornell joining the group, this will be the first Audioslave performance in 11 years, reuniting him with former bandmates Morello, Commerford and Wilk.

"The Anti-Inaugural Ball is a celebration of resistance. Resistance to racism. Resistance to sexism. Resistance to homophobia. Resistance to bullying. Resistance to environmental devastation. Resistance to fascism. Resistance to Donald Trump," said Morello in a statement. "We are staring down the barrel of a dystopian nightmare unless we act now, unless we fight back now. We intend to create 'No Trump Zones' across the country; in our homes, our schools, our places of work, and our concert stages. Bad Presidents make for great music. Join us as we get loud and stand together to defend our rights, our country, and our planet."

Last year, Prophets of Rage brought dissidence across the country with the Make America Rage Again Tour, which kicked off at the Republican National Convention. This also marks the 20-year anniversary of Rage Against the Machine's Radio Free Los Angeles protest concert, which coincided with Bill Clinton's presidential inauguration.

Tickets for the Anti-Inaugural Ball went on sale at 5 p.m. on Tuesday and are now sold out. A portion of the proceeds will benefit RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ts-rage-965343

Turn it up and Hell yeah....

Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2017, 12:03 AM   #2
smtanner
Perennial Pro-bowler

When Rage Against the Machine was signed and marketed by the mega-conglomerate Sony they should have changed their name to "Talk about the machine behind it's back" or maybe "Faux rage against the machine". I guess they don't rage against the hand that feeds them.

Soundgarden good, Audioslave bad.
smtanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 01:42 AM   #3
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtanner View Post
When Rage Against the Machine was signed and marketed by the mega-conglomerate Sony they should have changed their name to "Talk about the machine behind it's back" or maybe "Faux rage against the machine". I guess they don't rage against the hand that feeds them.

The lead singer of Rage (Rocha) should have never left the bad.. I mean WTF was he thinking? I hear he is coming out with his first solo album later this year.

Bands need to do what is financially best for them. I remember everyone criticizing Def Leppard, Metallica, and Green Day of selling out. I don't know. Making money is not selling out. Now, I agree Rage is a little different than the rest of them because of their anti-establishment music but I don't fault them for going to Sony more than I fault them for breaking up.

Soundgarden is tremendous but they only had to good albums... well they were GREAT Albums. Audioslave is just as good in a different way.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:00 AM   #4
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Default the next color revolution is purple -- right here in the US of A

Billionaire Globalist Soros Exposed as Hidden Hand Behind Trump Protests — Provoking US ‘Color Revolution’

Jay Syrmopoulos November 10, 2016

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/sor...ts-revolution/
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:07 AM   #5
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Billionaire Globalist Soros Exposed as Hidden Hand Behind Trump Protests — Provoking US ‘Color Revolution’

The neo liberals as you call them, like to paint most wealthy people as evil, but a guy like Soros is great because he does things they agree with no matter who gets hurt in the process. The ends justify the means is their belief in all matters, where sacrificing people's rights and lives is justified just as long as it somehow promotes their agenda.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:40 AM   #6
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:

Yaaayy for Soros
Old 01-18-2017, 06:48 AM   #7
Bronx33
No More Whining

Camaraderie-ship for all

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von

Audio who?
Bronx33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #8
Rohirrim
Partisan

"...had Brock not been available.."

Quote:

Good for him. Hopefully, the American people wake the **** up and join the movement.

BTW, obviously the storyline is complete bull****. They're trying to argue that the American people would not be opposed to Trump unless Soros encouraged them to do so?

Last edited by Rohirrim; 01-18-2017 at 08:57 AM..
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #9
Rohirrim
Partisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The neo liberals as you call them, like to paint most wealthy people as evil, but a guy like Soros is great because he does things they agree with no matter who gets hurt in the process. The ends justify the means is their belief in all matters, where sacrificing people's rights and lives is justified just as long as it somehow promotes their agenda.
The "evil" of wealthy people could be determined on a case by case basis. Massive income inequality is an evil, and if we don't get a handle on it, it will destroy our country. At least that's what history tells us.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:12 AM   #10
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by smtanner View Post

Yeah, Audioslave's mostly been a raging disappointment. Seemed like a great idea at the time.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:14 AM   #11
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
The lead singer of Rage (Rocha) should have never left the bad.. I mean WTF was he thinking? I hear he is coming out with his first solo album later this year.

Bands need to do what is financially best for them. I remember everyone criticizing Def Leppard, Metallica, and Green Day of selling out. I don't know. Making money is not selling out. Now, I agree Rage is a little different than the rest of them because of their anti-establishment music but I don't fault them for going to Sony more than I fault them for breaking up.

Soundgarden is tremendous but they only had to good albums... well they were GREAT Albums. Audioslave is just as good in a different way.
Guessing Zach's probably a pretty tough dude to work with on a regular basis.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:26 AM   #12
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Guessing Zach's probably a pretty tough dude to work with on a regular basis.
I don't know.. loved their music though... and Audioslave is really good.
Old 01-18-2017, 09:30 AM   #13
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer

Meh. Anyone can.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
I don't know.. loved their music though... and Audioslave is really good.
Yeah, I was a big Rage fan. I don't mind Audioslave. Just wasn't quite what I was hoping for I guess.

As an aside, someone bought me Hardwired (Metallica) for Christmas. I haven't bought anything from Metallica in ages, but it's a pretty interesting throwback to their earlier days. Enjoying it way more than I expected. I kinda chuckled when I opened it, thinking "oh yeah, I heard Metallica put some new trash out"
Old 01-18-2017, 09:33 AM   #14
Guess Who
Awesomeness

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah, I was a big Rage fan. I don't mind Audioslave. Just wasn't quite what I was hoping for I guess.

As an aside, someone bought me Hardwired (Metallica) for Christmas. I haven't bought anything from Metallica in ages, but it's a pretty interesting throwback to their earlier days. Enjoying it way more than I expected. I kinda chuckled when I opened it, thinking "oh yeah, I heard Metallica put some new trash out"
I really liked the Metallica album as well. At one point it was the #1 selling album in 57 countries!! Did us old rockers proud!!
Old 01-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #15
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Soros is the quintessential corporate raider. He's made his billions by destabilizing whole countries -- then moves in to take advantage. Is the US next on the list? Apparently so.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:24 AM   #16
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Soros is the quintessential corporate raider. He's made his billions by destabilizing whole countries -- then moves in to take advantage. Is the US next on the list? Apparently so.
Sounds like he has s influencing elections.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 10:40 AM   #17
Rohirrim
Partisan

Quote:
Soros has fought for democracy his entire life. He is Putin's number one enemy in the world. Ergo, here you are spreading Putin's bull****.

Soros used his fortune to create the Open Society Foundations—a network of foundations, partners, and projects in more than 100 countries. Its work, and its name, reflects the influence on Soros’s thinking of the philosophy of Karl Popper, which Soros first encountered at the London School of Economics. In his book Open Society and Its Enemies, Popper argues that no philosophy or ideology is the final arbiter of truth, and that societies can only flourish when they allow for democratic governance, freedom of expression, and respect for individual rights—an approach at the core of the work at the Open Society Foundations.

Soros began his philanthropy in 1979, giving scholarships to black South Africans under apartheid. In the 1980s, he helped promote the open exchange of ideas in the Communist Eastern Bloc by providing photocopiers to reprint banned texts. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, he created the Central European University as a space to foster critical thinking—at that time an alien concept at most universities in former Soviet states. He funded cultural exchanges between Eastern Europe and the West, playing a pivotal role in helping the Soviet society he had himself briefly lived in open itself to the world.

With the Cold War over, he expanded his philanthropy to the United States, Africa, and Asia, supporting a vast array of new efforts to create more accountable, transparent, and democratic societies. He was one of the early prominent voices to criticize the war on drugs as “arguably more harmful than the drug problem itself,” and helped kick-start America’s medical marijuana movement. In the early 2000s, he became a vocal backer of same-sex marriage efforts. Though his causes evolved over time, they continued to hew closely to his ideals of an open society.

Over the years, Soros has supported paralegals and lawyers representing thousands of unlawfully held individuals, underwritten the largest effort in history to integrate Europe’s Roma, and provided school and university fees for thousands of promising students from marginalized groups. And he has reached beyond his own foundation, supporting independent organizations such as Global Witness, the International Crisis Group, the European Council on Foreign Relations, and the Institute for New Economic Thinking.

Now in his 80s, Soros continues to take an active personal interest in the work of Open Society Foundations, traveling widely to support its work and advocating for positive policy changes with world leaders both publicly and privately.

But throughout Soros’s philanthropic legacy, one thing has remained constant: a commitment to fighting the world’s most intractable problems. He has been known to emphasize the importance of tackling losing causes. Indeed, many of the issues Soros has taken on—and he would be the first to admit this—are the types of issues for which a complete solution might never emerge.

“My success in the financial markets has given me a greater degree of independence than most other people,” Soros once wrote. That independence has allowed him to forge his own path towards a world that’s more open, more just, and more equitable for all.
https://www.opensocietyfoundations.o...e/george-soros
Old 01-18-2017, 08:24 PM   #18
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Soros has fought for democracy his entire life. He is Putin's number one enemy in the world. Ergo, here you are spreading Putin's bull****.

Soros used his fortune to create the Open Society Foundations—a network of foundations, partners, and projects in more than 100 countries. Its work, and its name, reflects the influence on Soros’s thinking of the philosophy of Karl Popper, which Soros first encountered at the London School of Economics. In his book Open Society and Its Enemies, Popper argues that no philosophy or ideology is the final arbiter of truth, and that societies can only flourish when they allow for democratic governance, freedom of expression, and respect for individual rights—an approach at the core of the work at the Open Society Foundations.

Soros began his philanthropy in 1979, giving scholarships to black South Africans under apartheid. In the 1980s, he helped promote the open exchange of ideas in the Communist Eastern Bloc by providing photocopiers to reprint banned texts. After the fall of the Berlin Wall, he created the Central European University as a space to foster critical thinking—at that time an alien concept at most universities in former Soviet states. He funded cultural exchanges between Eastern Europe and the West, playing a pivotal role in helping the Soviet society he had himself briefly lived in open itself to the world.

With the Cold War over, he expanded his philanthropy to the United States, Africa, and Asia, supporting a vast array of new efforts to create more accountable, transparent, and democratic societies. He was one of the early prominent voices to criticize the war on drugs as “arguably more harmful than the drug problem itself,” and helped kick-start America’s medical marijuana movement. In the early 2000s, he became a vocal backer of same-sex marriage efforts. Though his causes evolved over time, they continued to hew closely to his ideals of an open society.

Over the years, Soros has supported paralegals and lawyers representing thousands of unlawfully held individuals, underwritten the largest effort in history to integrate Europe’s Roma, and provided school and university fees for thousands of promising students from marginalized groups. And he has reached beyond his own foundation, supporting independent organizations such as Global Witness, the International Crisis Group, the European Council on Foreign Relations, and the Institute for New Economic Thinking.

Now in his 80s, Soros continues to take an active personal interest in the work of Open Society Foundations, traveling widely to support its work and advocating for positive policy changes with world leaders both publicly and privately.

But throughout Soros’s philanthropic legacy, one thing has remained constant: a commitment to fighting the world’s most intractable problems. He has been known to emphasize the importance of tackling losing causes. Indeed, many of the issues Soros has taken on—and he would be the first to admit this—are the types of issues for which a complete solution might never emerge.

“My success in the financial markets has given me a greater degree of independence than most other people,” Soros once wrote. That independence has allowed him to forge his own path towards a world that’s more open, more just, and more equitable for all.
https://www.opensocietyfoundations.o...e/george-soros
I think you will find Soros money behind the color revolutions that have destabilized so many nations --

Soros money is also behind the so called Arab spring -- which, we are now learning, was not a spontaneous rising of people power -- but was orchestrated by a gang of criminals, including the Clintons, for the purpose of looting the incredible oil wealth of Libya, among others.

It's now clear that US ambassador Stevens was murdered because he discovered that Ghadaffi's cache of 20,000 stinger missiles -- and quite possibly his stockpiles of sarin precursors -- were being shipped to Turkey by Hillary's private army -- set up by general Petraeus.

Steven's last meeting was with the Turkish consul -- which occurred about an hour before Stevens was killed. Was it a hit?

Researcher George Webb says yes. Trump's first move as president should be to order the FBI to release the 650,000 emails found on the laptop of Huma's former husband Weiner, the 1,000 emails between Hillary and Petraeus, and all other relevant materials...
Old 01-18-2017, 08:47 PM   #19
L.A. BRONCOS FAN
Mo' holla fo' yo' dolla!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
The "evil" of wealthy people could be determined on a case by case basis. Massive income inequality is an evil, and if we don't get a handle on it, it will destroy our country. At least that's what history tells us.
But if you listen to true believers in the trickle-down fairy tale like dinglebarry, this ever-increasing concentration of wealth is good not just for millionaires and billionaires, but for the plain folk as well.
L.A. BRONCOS FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 08:50 PM   #20
Rohirrim
Partisan

Quote:
I think you will find Soros money behind the color revolutions that have destabilized so many nations --

Soros money is also behind the so called Arab spring -- which, we are now learning, was not a spontaneous rising of people power -- but was orchestrated by a gang of criminals, including the Clintons, for the purpose of looting the incredible oil wealth of Libya, among others.

It's now clear that US ambassador Stevens was murdered because he discovered that Ghadaffi's cache of 20,000 stinger missiles -- and quite possibly his stockpiles of sarin precursors -- were being shipped to Turkey by Hillary's private army -- set up by general Petraeus.

Steven's last meeting was with the Turkish consul -- which occurred about an hour before Stevens was killed. Was it a hit?

Researcher George Webb says yes. Trump's first move as president should be to order the FBI to release the 650,000 emails found on the laptop of Huma's former husband Weiner, the 1,000 emails between Hillary and Petraeus, and all other relevant materials...
How much does Russia pay you to troll sites? I imagine this isn't the only one you visit?

BTW, the color revolution and the Arab Spring were efforts to replace dictatorships with democracies. You're opposed to democracy?

Last edited by Rohirrim; 01-18-2017 at 08:52 PM..
Old 01-18-2017, 09:20 PM   #21
Cascadia Bronco
Seattle = Broncos Country

That guy in Bronco gear in Seattle

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

This reads like a ****ty Clancy novel. So Hillary wants to take Ghadaffi down for his oil(?) but also to steal stinger missiles and sarin and smuggle it into Turkey? What the **** was Turkey going to do with Libyan stinger missiles and sarin? So while she has a secret army and trying to take down half the middle east for oil(?), she's also smuggling large amounts of weapons to a NATO ally for no particular reason while trying to false flag assassinate a US ambassador. while leaving no evidence for any of this. The FBI has looked at those emails and nothing is there- so is the FBI in on it. If so, why? Hell, why does she even need to be president if she can destabilize a region and form an army looting the middle east while running guns? Being president seems pretty lame compared to that.
Cascadia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 09:54 PM   #22
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart

I heard the crazy town was going to perform alongside nickel back as well.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote