The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 06:56 PM   #126
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
I'd do it.

Especially if Albert takes a paycut

Hell, I'd take even less than Haynesworth to get rid of the drunken non-3rd down converter.
Haynesworth is only due 2 mil this year, the skins already paid off his whole bonus thats why hes trade-able now. He already made the base of his contract.
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #127
primetime714

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
Haynesworth is only due 2 mil this year, the skins already paid off his whole bonus thats why hes trade-able now. He already made the base of his contract.
Interesting. I think it might be worth the risk to get him. That said not sure I see it happening. The guys the team brought in through the draft are high character guys. If they wanted a talented head case they would've taken Marvin Austin in the second round. I think we'll pass and see what we can get in free agency. Although depending on the rules of free agency there could only be a very few DT's available. Cullen Jenkins is the only good one for sure. Given his scheme flexibility he could be a hot commodity on the free agent market especially if no other DT's are available.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #128
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
I'd do it.

Especially if Albert takes a paycut

Hell, I'd take even less than Haynesworth to get rid of the drunken non-3rd down converter.
His cap numbers in 2011 and 2012 are something like 6 million and 8 million. at that point his contract can be voided without another cent owed.

his contract was said to be 7 years for 100 million, but it basically amounts to 4 years and 48 million. with all his roster bonuses and signing bonus along with his annual salary he has already been paid roughly 35 million of the 48 million guaranteed.

get him with these 2 years left on his deal and if he is worth it, re-negotiate a new deal with him and void the last 3 years of his current deal, or let him walk, and in the meantime we will have had the services of what can be at times the best DT in the game on a relatively bargain price of an average of 7 million a season for the next 2 years.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 08:16 PM   #129
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
Interesting. I think it might be worth the risk to get him. That said not sure I see it happening. The guys the team brought in through the draft are high character guys. If they wanted a talented head case they would've taken Marvin Austin in the second round. I think we'll pass and see what we can get in free agency. Although depending on the rules of free agency there could only be a very few DT's available. Cullen Jenkins is the only good one for sure. Given his scheme flexibility he could be a hot commodity on the free agent market especially if no other DT's are available.
the way Fox and Elway have talked, it wasn't that they were against bringing in a guy like Austin or any available DTs, they just hadn't graded him as 2nd round talent or the others available were not graded as worth where Denver was slotted. had they been available to them later where the triumvirate graded them they would have pulled the trigger.
Old 05-02-2011, 08:24 AM   #130
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Maybe another DT option .... from rotoworld.com...

Titans DT Jovan Haye is no lock to make the 2011 roster, according to The Tennessean.
The Titans used three draft picks on run-stuffing interior linemen. New coach Mike Munchak said he wants to move away from using pass-rushers on the inside and instead plug some bigger guys in there. Due $6.7 million over the next two years, Haye is on the bubble. Source: Nashville Tennessean May 2, 9:53 AM
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:27 AM   #131
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
replace hillman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABroncoFan View Post
Maybe another DT option .... from rotoworld.com...

Titans DT Jovan Haye is no lock to make the 2011 roster, according to The Tennessean.
The Titans used three draft picks on run-stuffing interior linemen. New coach Mike Munchak said he wants to move away from using pass-rushers on the inside and instead plug some bigger guys in there. Due $6.7 million over the next two years, Haye is on the bubble. Source: Nashville Tennessean May 2, 9:53 AM
i am a proponent of "beggers can't be choosey"...

but i will make an exception here...

jovan haye?...no thankey!...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #132
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
the way Fox and Elway have talked, it wasn't that they were against bringing in a guy like Austin or any available DTs, they just hadn't graded him as 2nd round talent or the others available were not graded as worth where Denver was slotted. had they been available to them later where the triumvirate graded them they would have pulled the trigger.
Xanders said after the 30 visits they took 2 players off their board.

Just a guess Bowers/Austin/Ellis all have medical or character concerns

Denver wanted Dareus, Fairly or Ligiut from the 1st round
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:22 AM   #133
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeWon View Post
Haynesworth doesn't fit the mold of the type of players we just drafted. I doubt Elway wants the headache with the added bonus of having to pay out the a$$ for it.
Yeah, but that's what everybody said about Kris Jenkins.

I'm thinking the bad blood between Orton and Tebow could get disruptive. I'd like to clear the decks for Tebow ... Kyle's gotta go imo.

Welcome to the OrangeMane
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:23 AM   #134
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Xanders said after the 30 visits they took 2 players off their board.

Just a guess Bowers/Austin/Ellis all have medical or character concerns

Denver wanted Dareus, Fairly or Ligiut from the 1st round
I think they would have been happy with Phil Taylor or Muhamed Wilkerson as well. They were talking with Baltimore about trading up for someone, but decided not to pull the trigger. My guess is it was Wilkerson. After those five who went in the 1st, though, the remaining pool of guys had a lot more question marks than the top 5. They may have liked Cameron Jordan and/or Heyward as well, though most seem to project them at 3-4 end. In any case, all were off the board after the 1st. Paea has short arms (usually a nonstarter for a lineman) and serious technique issues, and Austin obviously had the character/motor question marks, so you could see where they may not have liked them.
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 AM   #135
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

SIX PAGES! FOR GOD'S SAKE, MCDANIELS IS GONE. NO MORE INSANITY.
bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:25 AM   #136
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
His cap numbers in 2011 and 2012 are something like 6 million and 8 million. at that point his contract can be voided without another cent owed.

his contract was said to be 7 years for 100 million, but it basically amounts to 4 years and 48 million. with all his roster bonuses and signing bonus along with his annual salary he has already been paid roughly 35 million of the 48 million guaranteed.

get him with these 2 years left on his deal and if he is worth it, re-negotiate a new deal with him and void the last 3 years of his current deal, or let him walk, and in the meantime we will have had the services of what can be at times the best DT in the game on a relatively bargain price of an average of 7 million a season for the next 2 years.
If the cap existed, the cap # for the Skins and the cap # for the Broncos are going to be two different figures. As it was already pointed out, the Skins have paid the bulk (if not all) of his guaranteed money. Denver (or any team that trades for him) would only be responsible for his base salary and whatever bonuses remain.
Hercules Rockefeller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 AM   #137
BroncoBuff

Playing for January

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bendog View Post
FOR GOD'S SAKE, MCDANIELS IS GONE.
Hillis is gone too, and Slap. Slap is gone.

Does anybody remember Slap?

I remember Slap.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #138
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Adam Weber

Who the **** is Slap?

Did you mean -Slap- ?
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 AM   #139
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

I don't care if they trade Orton, but for Haynesworth? Please.

Dude was out of shape at sea level, how's he gonna do at 5280? He'd need a camelback with dual pockets - one for an oxygen tank, and one for a defibrillator.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 10:26 AM   #140
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
I think they would have been happy with Phil Taylor or Muhamed Wilkerson as well. They were talking with Baltimore about trading up for someone, but decided not to pull the trigger. My guess is it was Wilkerson. After those five who went in the 1st, though, the remaining pool of guys had a lot more question marks than the top 5. They may have liked Cameron Jordan and/or Heyward as well, though most seem to project them at 3-4 end. In any case, all were off the board after the 1st. Paea has short arms (usually a nonstarter for a lineman) and serious technique issues, and Austin obviously had the character/motor question marks, so you could see where they may not have liked them.
The way the Broncos were drafting for BPA I really think that move up to 26 was for Mark Ingram. I don't think they would bring Eric Studesville into the room because we were trying to trade up for Wilkerson
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 12:08 PM   #141
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Umm, did I miss the "bad blood" between Orton and Tebow?
Old 05-02-2011, 12:10 PM   #142
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Yeah, but that's what everybody said about Kris Jenkins.

I'm thinking the bad blood between Orton and Tebow could get disruptive. I'd like to clear the decks for Tebow ... Kyle's gotta go imo.

Welcome to the OrangeMane
i agree, it can start to get really divisive. obviously there will be some veterans who side with Orton and younger guys more than likely would side with Tebow.

if Orton is here this season we could wind up with another situation like we had with Cutler and Plummer a few years back where the entire locker room was divided.

the moment the CBA is figured out or trades are allowed, Orton has got to go.
Old 05-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #143
The Joker
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

It all depends on the price tag for me really.

If we can sign him to a deal that doesn't have us on the hook for anything massive in terms of guaranteed money then I'd be all for it.

At this point he's bled the Redskins for everything he's going to get from them, and nobody else is going to give him a big fat contract after what he's done there.

Ideally sign him to a 2 year, incentive laden deal. He seems to be a great fit for the one gap scheme we're seemingly going with, so the problems he's had with the scheme in DC likely won't be an issue. And I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him try and get it together and play hard for two years and try to earn another big payday in a couple of years time. And then we let him walk, hopefully having found some long term solutions in the interim.

It's not ideal bringing in guys like Haynesworth, but given our situation at DT it's worth the risk for us IMO.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:22 PM   #144
Steve Prefontaine
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Nothing groundbreaking, but here are Burger Bill's (post draft) potential landing spots for Orton:

Quote:
Arizona: This could be a good fit.

Buffalo: The Bills will likely stick with Ryan Fitzpatrick

Miami: Orton could paired with Brandon Marshall again.

Seattle: The Seahawks will likely pursue a veteran.

Tenneesse: Despite drafting Jake Locker, the Titans could look for a vet.

Washington: The Redskins may go with John Beck.
Article:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...uld-orton-land
Steve Prefontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #145
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Interview with Elway this morning on the ticket.

They asked him specifically about trading Orton for Douchebag, and he replied (paraphrasing) "I don't think so" haven't even talked about it. Then, he backtracked, and said you can't say "never", but they haven't even talked about it.

Starts about 8:44 http://www.stationcaster.com/player_...&c=740&f=76336

Great interview overall, talks about the draftees, free agency, etc
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:51 PM   #146
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
Nothing groundbreaking, but here are Burger Bill's (post draft) potential landing spots for Orton:

Article:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/po...uld-orton-land
I swear the guy does 3-4 minutes of "work" a week.

Unbelievable.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:54 PM   #147
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I dont see Washington as a fit. Orton is essentially Jason Campbell minus the athletic ability. Probably a little smarter and safer with the football, but arm strength wise, he doesn't fit the Shanny mold just like Campbell.

I could see Miami or Arizona or even Minny being potential one-year landing spots for Orton.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 01:55 PM   #148
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
I dont see Washington as a fit. Orton is essentially Jason Campbell minus the athletic ability. Probably a little smarter and safer with the football, but arm strength wise, he doesn't fit the Shanny mold just like Campbell.

I could see Miami or Arizona or even Minny being potential one-year landing spots for Orton.
mehhhh.....he's brian griese all over again
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:00 PM   #149
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I swear the guy does 3-4 minutes of "work" a week.

Unbelievable.
Beantown Bronco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:03 PM   #150
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Exactly. Why would Shanny wouldnt want Griese v2. ?
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote