The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 PM   #101
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Is your point a part-er that Kyle Shanahan drastically improved the Texans offense and that we should've kept Rick Dennison?

Also google: Arian Foster
I just added the before and after seasons for the Texans, since you mentioned the #22 prior to show that the skins improved. Wasn't trying to put points in favor or not of the argument, I was just curious, looked it up & shared with the world

And I sloppily threw out that last part, to (poorly) say that I'd take players over system any day. I would personally argue that their improvement on offense is mainly a function of not having a turd like Carr as a QB.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #102
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
I just added the before and after seasons for the Texans, since you mentioned the #22 prior to show that the skins improved. Wasn't trying to put points in favor or not of the argument, I was just curious, looked it up & shared with the world

And I sloppily threw out that last part, to (poorly) say that I'd take players over system any day. I would personally argue that their improvement on offense is mainly a function of not having a turd like Carr as a QB.
You'd totally be on to something...

...but Schaub was starting in Houston in 2007.

As a small aside, in 2010 Arian Foster accounted for 36% of Houston's total offensive production with 2220 yards from scrimmage. In 2009, Houston's leading rusher was Steve Slaton with a whopping 437.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #103
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
You'd totally be on to something...

...but Schaub was starting in Houston in 2007.

As a small aside, in 2010 Arian Foster accounted for 36% of Houston's total offensive production with 2220 yards from scrimmage. In 2009, Houston's leading rusher was Steve Slaton with a whopping 437.
That's what I'm saying. In 2007, with Schaub (and Rosenfels) instead of Carr they were #14 on offense. With Carr they were: #32, #31, #19, #30 & #28
Old 05-01-2011, 03:01 PM   #104
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
That's what I'm saying. In 2007, with Schaub (and Rosenfels) instead of Carr they were #14 on offense. With Carr they were: #32, #31, #19, #30 & #28
.......what does that have to do with the leap from #14 to #3 under Kyle?

Another casual side note: 2007 saw Kyle shift from WR coach to QB coach with the Schaub acquisition
Old 05-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #105
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

I can deal with Okoye. I always thought he was a poor fit in Houston. I loved his talent and smarts coming out of college and I think he is an athlete. We have put together a group of LBs along with Doom on the OL that we could have 4 of 7 pieces in place this season. All of them athletic. Okoye would likely benefit from Fox's schemes and the added benefit of being able to use his quickness (his asset) to shoot single gap vs. having to post up and read in a 3-4.

Again, anyone and I f'ing mean anyone, is preferable to Haynesworth. I may not agree 100% with all of our picks this year and I am disappointed that we didn't go DL but I'll be good god damned if I will ever get on board with the desperation and sure fire asshattery and certain failure/headache/regret/wasted money of bringing Haynesworth in. I see what our club is trying to do on D and it makes sense. Haynesworth does not.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #106
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Bring back the tapenade!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Hell, if we passed on Bowers for his bum knee we sure as hell better pass on Haynesworth's f'd up brain.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #107
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
.......what does that have to do with the leap from #14 to #3 under Kyle?

Another casual side note: 2007 saw Kyle shift from WR coach to QB coach with the Schaub acquisition
I don't know (which is what I said upthread). Actually, the leap from #28 to #14 could have happened because of both the acquisition of Schaub and his tutelage under Shanahan the Younger.

I'm really not trying to knock Kyle, or even disagree with you, because, frankly, I don't really care all that much about the Texans, Schaub, Kyle or the Redskins since they aren't wearing Bronco Orange. Kyle, by all measures, seems to be a bright OC (I like him much better than Jeremy Bates and McDaniels who both just called another bubble screen)
Old 05-01-2011, 03:22 PM   #108
strafen

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Elway

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderH8r View Post
Hell, if we passed on Bowers for his bum knee we sure as hell better pass on Haynesworth's f'd up brain.
At least a knee has a chance of recovery
strafen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:45 PM   #109
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I don't know (which is what I said upthread). Actually, the leap from #28 to #14 could have happened because of both the acquisition of Schaub and his tutelage under Shanahan the Younger.

I'm really not trying to knock Kyle, or even disagree with you, because, frankly, I don't really care all that much about the Texans, Schaub, Kyle or the Redskins since they aren't wearing Bronco Orange. Kyle, by all measures, seems to be a bright OC (I like him much better than Jeremy Bates and McDaniels who both just called another bubble screen)
I suppose I just don't the see intended point of your posts or the relevance to that discussion?
Old 05-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #110
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Don't EVER say that again. The USMC may TECHNICALLY belong to the Department of the Navy, but it's the men's department. And I went enlisted.
Must have you confused with someone else.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #111
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

I think that Okoye isn't going anywhere. Philips runs 1 gap 3/4 and I wouldn't be surprised if Okoye isn't the NT similar to Ratliff in Dallas.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #112
OrangeWon

Haynesworth doesn't fit the mold of the type of players we just drafted. I doubt Elway wants the headache with the added bonus of having to pay out the a$$ for it.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #113
broncogary
Horse Player and Dimwit

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I think that Okoye isn't going anywhere. Philips runs 1 gap 3/4 and I wouldn't be surprised if Okoye isn't the NT similar to Ratliff in Dallas.
Word down here is that Okoye will be released.
broncogary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:32 PM   #114
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeWon View Post
Haynesworth doesn't fit the mold of the type of players we just drafted. I doubt Elway wants the headache with the added bonus of having to pay out the a$$ for it.
Nice first post. Welcome to the forum.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:44 PM   #115
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
John Beck can't be a serious option ... he hasn't played a down in four years.
Beck isn't a horrible backup though. I really think Shanny and Jr. are going to roll with Rex Grossman. Rex has legit potential, he just never had anything you'd call real "coaching" in the pros. He's now had two years with Kyle Shanahan in the same system and looked pretty decent late last season despite not getting many snaps up to that point.

Grossman likely starts, if he falls on his face they turn to Beck. If its still not working they do what it takes to get a QB in next year's draft. Shanahan's primary goals right now is to establish a quality ground game and to get a pass rushing D in place so that they can win games without a QB carrying them. Then he'll go looking for a real QB. Not unlike what we all kept hoping he'd do here for years.

Getting sacked by your pal puts **** in perspective.

PS. don't even try telling Rev that their running game isn't going to dominate next year either. Shanahan + Turner + Evan Royster. I'm surprised he hasn't been beating that drum more around here.

Last edited by Drek; 05-01-2011 at 04:46 PM..
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:55 PM   #116
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncogary View Post
Word down here is that Okoye will be released.
Then even more reason not to trade for him.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #117
OrangeWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Nice first post. Welcome to the forum.
TY! SoCal
Old 05-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #118
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
PS. don't even try telling Rev that their running game isn't going to dominate next year either. Shanahan + Turner + Evan Royster. I'm surprised he hasn't been beating that drum more around here.
I have to wait for him to smash Helu on the depth chart, then I can start celebrating his first 2k season
Old 05-01-2011, 05:17 PM   #119
colonelbeef
Lets be friend

Elway is the new Jerry West

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Jesus Christ, how could you even consider this?

Hell no.
colonelbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:19 PM   #120
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We give them Orton. We get Haynesworth and one free coupon to the nearest IHOP.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #121
KevinJames
Opthomas Prime

man **** it I would take this trade, can't get a draft pick for Orton anymore so lets do it its pretty damn obvious Tebow is gonna start regardless I know Haynesworth is a risk but I think its worth it yall forgot how beast mode Haynesworth is in a 4-3, he loves the 4-3 doing what he does I think he will keep his mouth shut, especially with a coach like John Fox.

sh*t check this nickle package front 4 (Von goes from SLB to DE and Ayers slides into DT in this package)

LE - Von Miller DT - Robert Ayers DT - Albert Haynesworth RE - Elvis Dumervil

QBs would be running for their lives
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #122
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Spot on.

Because he definitely hasn't been able to get the best out of his QBs.

............wait.
Except in the red zone, eh?

Too bad the best wasn't good enough after Elway, and I give Shanahan just a little credit there. We'll see if Washington starts Beck and see which of our differing opinions is correct this time. Beck isn't even on the same level as Griese or Plummer, so good luck Shanahan!

Last edited by gunns; 05-01-2011 at 06:16 PM..
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #123
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
I suppose I just don't the see intended point of your posts or the relevance to that discussion?
That I noticed you referenced that the Redskins were #22 prior to Kyle becoming the OC, but you only had what the Texans were while he was there. I was curious, looked it up and posted it in case anyone else was curious and didn't have to replicate the 4 clicks and few keystrokes.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:35 PM   #124
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinJames View Post
man **** it I would take this trade, can't get a draft pick for Orton anymore so lets do it its pretty damn obvious Tebow is gonna start regardless I know Haynesworth is a risk but I think its worth it yall forgot how beast mode Haynesworth is in a 4-3, he loves the 4-3 doing what he does I think he will keep his mouth shut, especially with a coach like John Fox.

sh*t check this nickle package front 4 (Von goes from SLB to DE and Ayers slides into DT in this package)

LE - Von Miller DT - Robert Ayers DT - Albert Haynesworth RE - Elvis Dumervil

QBs would be running for their lives
i agree. a return to the 4-3 allignment he likes to play and wants to play, a player friendly coach defensive minded coach, add in the chip on the shoulder he will carry simply to show Shanahan and all those who doubted him up.

he would be a beast for us for at least 2 seasons and after that we can dump him with no further money owed.

also that Nickle package would be insane. teams would have no idea who to try and cover. Hayneworth would demand a double team, Doom would demand at least RB or TE help to keep him away from the QB, Miller would require the same as Doom, and Ayers in all likelihood could wind up unguarded or extremely lightly guarded.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 06:40 PM   #125
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

I'd do it.

Especially if Albert takes a paycut

Hell, I'd take even less than Haynesworth to get rid of the drunken non-3rd down converter.
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote