The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2011, 09:45 AM   #76
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamrob View Post
I'm a huge Shanny fan.

Having said that, Shanny vs. Haynesworth...come on!

Whose the bigger headcase? Do you think that maybe, just maybe, he's not as bad as he was made out to be? I mean the guy didn't blow up and he actually handled the head games and played football last year.
Haynesworth is a disaster, even his own teammates called him out for being lazy. Add in the sexual assault charges and the road rage incident (which has yet to go to court) it beyond KC stupid why anyone would even want him near Denver.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:32 AM   #77
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Great idea for several reasons: a) If John's gonna give Tebow a real shot, Orton has to go. There's no room for that bad blood, b) No way Shanahan's starting Beck, he's way too QB smart to think Beck or Rex will suffice, and c) Unlike the Redskins, we're back in a 4-3. Albert might even be motivated.

Downsides I think, we'd might have to throw in a pick, and that stupid contract might not work. My condolences to waitresses in Denver, but we need a real DT right now.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #78
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Adam Schefter was going to say John Beck is going to start next year for the Redskins.

John Beck...

Awesome.
John Beck? And Shanahan wouldn't want Orton? Has he gone that far off the deep end? Or is this another attempt to prove he can "mold a QB"?
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #79
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

We're not saying Shanahan thinks Beck is better than Orton. Just that Shanahan's type of QB (mobile, strong arm) is the exact opposite of what Kyle Orton is
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:24 AM   #80
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
We're not saying Shanahan thinks Beck is better than Orton. Just that Shanahan's type of QB (mobile, strong arm) is the exact opposite of what Kyle Orton is
John Beck can't be a serious option ... he hasn't played a down in four years.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #81
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
Well, that seems to be a huge problem with Shanahan, not being able to look past what he thinks vs Reality. While I understand the mobility, arm thing, isn't productivity a little more important in the end? Especially since Shanahan is in a second year after a first year of bad moves. Beck vs Orton. Laughable.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #82
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunns View Post
Well, that seems to be a huge problem with Shanahan, not being able to look past what he thinks vs Reality. While I understand the mobility, arm thing, isn't productivity a little more important in the end? Especially since Shanahan is in a second year after a first year of bad moves. Beck vs Orton. Laughable.
Spot on.

Because he definitely hasn't been able to get the best out of his QBs.

............wait.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:09 PM   #83
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

McNabb sure looked like ****
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #84
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I'd rather see Orton get traded to a crappy team for a 2nd round pick. I'd rather just keep building through the draft.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:13 PM   #85
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

absolutely. i hope that we become like the Pats and Eagles where we're always stocked with extra picks in the draft. that will help us get better and stay there for a long time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I'd rather see Orton get traded to a crappy team for a 2nd round pick. I'd rather just keep building through the draft.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:16 PM   #86
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
...And he was benched for lack of effort in favor of Rex Grossman who managed to throw over 2 TDs a game.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:17 PM   #87
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Yeah, but I think that was McNabb's fault.

Watching him last year, looking lazy and having no fire, don't you wonder if maybe he wasn't that way all along? Everyone was shocked when the Eagles drafted Kolb so high, and shocked when they traded Donavan inside the division. Maybe it's not so shocking anymore.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:23 PM   #88
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
absolutely. i hope that we become like the Pats and Eagles where we're always stocked with extra picks in the draft. that will help us get better and stay there for a long time.
Also I think you look at previous drafts and you see a lot of big names that were talked up that have done nothing for their teams. By having more then 7 draft picks each yr we increase our chances of getting good players. If it's a crap shoot, then having a couple extra chances increases your odds of finding diamonds in the rough without have to resort to UDFA.

I love the approach at safety. It could take awhile for 2 young players to both start at same time but I bet in couple yrs we have a really good tandem. Moore can flat out fly even though sometimes he gets burnt. I think getting burnt though isn't what scares teams away. It's not ever making plays because you aren't athletic enough that worries them more. Moore made plays even though he made mistakes sometimes. A little raw maybe still but the kid can run, jump and has good hands. As in when ball hits the hands he usually catches it.
Old 05-01-2011, 12:26 PM   #89
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsiguy96 View Post
would you do it?
Gort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:28 PM   #90
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Yeah, but I think that was McNabb's fault.

Watching him last year, looking lazy and having no fire, don't you wonder if maybe he wasn't that way all along? Everyone was shocked when the Eagles drafted Kolb so high, and shocked when they traded Donavan inside the division. Maybe it's not so shocking anymore.
I've kinda gone back and forth on that personally. I never thought he was as good as others thought when he was in Philly....yet I don't think he is as bad as he looked last year.

The prevailing theory around here I've heard is that younger Shanahan really has a lot of say with the offense and the QB's specifically. Mike has taken a significant step back. Kyle is still learning....so that's another theory.

Still...the idea of Beck is a little out there. I mean even when Shanahan was on top of his game here with Plummer...people were screaming for a top flight QB talent. developing a journeyman vet like that doesn't seem like the route with the greatest chance of success imo
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #91
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

A big reason Shanny coaching is to get lil sonny boy into the mix. How many offenses does Kyle Shannahan get to run before one of them has to be good?
Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 PM   #92
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Kyle did work with Rex the year before in Houston, so there's that?
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #93
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i definitely agree. i think the only way to solve some problems is to "overdraft" at that position. the Eagles did it when they had issues with CB's so they could stop the Rams in their day. you want to make sure that the guys you bring in are all worthy of the selection of course though.

hopefully next year we'll get to see that approach taken to DT,RB & CB.
but i'd rather them draft guys they feel will be stars and guys who will be with the club for 6+ years than guys who people say they should take because they play a position of need and we have to cut in 3 years.
Quote:
Also I think you look at previous drafts and you see a lot of big names that were talked up that have done nothing for their teams. By having more then 7 draft picks each yr we increase our chances of getting good players. If it's a crap shoot, then having a couple extra chances increases your odds of finding diamonds in the rough without have to resort to UDFA.

I love the approach at safety. It could take awhile for 2 young players to both start at same time but I bet in couple yrs we have a really good tandem. Moore can flat out fly even though sometimes he gets burnt. I think getting burnt though isn't what scares teams away. It's not ever making plays because you aren't athletic enough that worries them more. Moore made plays even though he made mistakes sometimes. A little raw maybe still but the kid can run, jump and has good hands. As in when ball hits the hands he usually catches it.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 PM   #94
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
A big reason Shanny coaching is to get lil sonny boy into the mix. How many offenses does Kyle Shannahan get to run before one of them has to be good?
In three seasons as an offensive coordinator he has had:

The #3 offense in the NFL
The #4 offense in the NFL
The #18 offense in the NFL (#22 prior to his take over)
Old 05-01-2011, 01:15 PM   #95
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

If it's one thing I've learned since I've been here, it's this:

If you're going to make a statement, perpetuate one of the infamous OMane myths, or just plain enter a debate....you'd better make sure the stats and figures are on your side, or Rev will find them and you most likely won't like what you see.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:16 PM   #96
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

He's a Naval officer... it's his job.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:22 PM   #97
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
John Beck can't be a serious option ... he hasn't played a down in four years.
Kyle Shanahan really likes him and think that he can be starter in the league. So I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't go with him. This Kyle Shahanan offense in DC not Mike's
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #98
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HombreGuapo View Post
He's a Naval officer... it's his job.
Don't EVER say that again. The USMC may TECHNICALLY belong to the Department of the Navy, but it's the men's department. And I went enlisted.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:26 PM   #99
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
In three seasons as an offensive coordinator he has had:

The #3 offense in the NFL
The #4 offense in the NFL
The #18 offense in the NFL (#22 prior to his take over)
2 additional points:

The Texans offense stayed at #3 last season.

The Texans were #14th the year prior to Kyle being OC (they were pretty close to last before they got Schaub).

Just throwing it out there, I don't pay enough attention to the Texans or the 'skins to speak with much knowledge on either team. Personally, I think it's too small of a sample size to determine anything. IDK if the Texans just got the right players, specifically QB. If Kubes developed him, how much Kyle was in on that, etc.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 01:28 PM   #100
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
2 additional points:

The Texans offense stayed at #3 last season.

The Texans were #14th the year prior to Kyle being OC (they were pretty close to last before they got Schaub).

Just throwing it out there, I don't pay enough attention to the Texans or the 'skins to speak with much knowledge on either team. Personally, I think it's too small of a sample size to determine anything. IDK if the Texans just got the right players, specifically QB. If Kubes developed him, how much Kyle was in on that, etc.
Is your point a part-er that Kyle Shanahan drastically improved the Texans offense and that we should've kept Rick Dennison?

Also google: Arian Foster