The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2014, 01:15 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default We need this fear in our opponents

This is what the greatest quarterback of all-time looks like.






We need everyone to believe.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #2
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Elway did it without weapons. Elway did it without coaching. There were no excuses and teams were frightened. Get it frigging done. Don't talk about being the best..BE the best..period.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #3
Brewer
Pro Bowler
 
Brewer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Centennial, CO
Posts: 518

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Elway did it without weapons. Elway did it without coaching. There were no excuses and teams were frightened. Get it frigging done. Don't talk about being the best..BE the best..period.





All things are possible for the man who doesn't have to do them. It's easy to sit back and lob criticism. Execution of a concept often requires more than meets the eye. Go Broncos.
Brewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #4
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,756

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Watching the highlights there just reminds you that offense has to be reactionary sometimes and you can't just flat out scheme and plan your way to success all the time. You have to improvise and react now and then, and make plays. That's what we've been lacking on a consistent basis the last several weeks. From Manning missing wide open guys in the endzone, to linemen whiffing on blocks, to safeties not wrapping up, etc. We need more plays like CJ made against the Raiders. We need guys stepping up and doing special things, more consistently. You can't expect it to happen all game long but right now we're lacking doing it much at all.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Watching the highlights there just reminds you that offense has to be reactionary sometimes and you can't just flat out scheme and plan your way to success all the time. You have to improvise and react now and then, and make plays. That's what we've been lacking on a consistent basis the last several weeks. From Manning missing wide open guys in the endzone, to linemen whiffing on blocks, to safeties not wrapping up, etc. We need more plays like CJ made against the Raiders. We need guys stepping up and doing special things, more consistently. You can't expect it to happen all game long but right now we're lacking doing it much at all.
The thing is Peyton's a great QB, but he's not an improviser.

He's an if/then kinda guy, He's smart enough to process lots of if/then scenarios and usually find the best one.

What he's not so good at is taking in information and improvising on the fly. Part of it is he doesn't have the athleticism for improv.

Part of it is with all the mental gymnastics he's going through based on his presnap read, he doesn't have time to make a totally new read when the defense does something he didn't already predict. And that's only amplified when he has no time in the pocket.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
CEH
Ring of Famer
 
CEH's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 4,327
Default

So NE last Sunday night ran the ball 37 times. 32 of those times were with an extra 6th Olineman and all 32 times they ran behind the extra lineman.

Talk about executing a game plan. Denver runs two times and says screw it was only gained 3 yards on two carries so let's pass 50 times.
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:32 PM   #7
whoeey
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
The thing is Peyton's a great QB, but he's not an improviser.

He's an if/then kinda guy, He's smart enough to process lots of if/then scenarios and usually find the best one.

What he's not so good at is taking in information and improvising on the fly. Part of it is he doesn't have the athleticism for improv.

Part of it is with all the mental gymnastics he's going through based on his presnap read, he doesn't have time to make a totally new read when the defense does something he didn't already predict. And that's only amplified when he has no time in the pocket.
He is what he is. What are these "improvising" qb's win % in modern day playoffs or SB? Pretty shabby
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:34 PM   #8
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,787
Default

We never got over the hump, until we got a credible running game (TD). All we need to do is find the next TD...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #9
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer
 
NFLBRONCO's Avatar
 
Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lafayette Colorado
Posts: 8,499
Default

Funny thing is some posters on here think Peyton is better then Elway.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:52 PM   #10
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,440

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
He is what he is. What are these "improvising" qb's win % in modern day playoffs or SB? Pretty shabby
1-0 versus Peyton, though.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:54 PM   #11
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick Six View Post
We never got over the hump, until we got a credible running game (TD). All we need to do is find the next TD...

Sans hump made it to three Super Bowls. Point is opposing teams gain confidence once they weather the initial storm. There has to be some level of fear. Something that gives them pause. Tired of cookie cutter gameplans. Let's see what Manning can REALLY do! Elway had no fear, Manning has no fear unleash the frigging unleash the Kraken!



Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #12
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Funny thing is some posters on here think Peyton is better then Elway.


No one will be or can be better than Elway. Manning has a chance to separate himself from his contemporaries by making a statement this season.





Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:56 PM   #13
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Funny thing is some posters on here think Peyton is better then Elway.
What was the take on Elway BEFORE he won a SB..it took the guy 3 tries..people like to measure by success..just the way it is.. Given that Peyton has more records to show hes better ..Elway has 1 more ring..truth is neither is better then the other. And right now Elway being a GM and Peyton the QB they both are lacking and their on the same team.
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:05 PM   #14
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,893

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy Rules View Post
What was the take on Elway BEFORE he won a SB..it took the guy 3 tries..people like to measure by success..just the way it is.. Given that Peyton has more records to show hes better ..Elway has 1 more ring..truth is neither is better then the other. And right now Elway being a GM and Peyton the QB they both are lacking and their on the same team.

You're completely insane. Elway could roll to his right flick his wrist and a ball would be on a rope for 60 yards crossfield. There has never been nor there will be a qb like Elway in our lifetime. Peyton is our QB but he needs to be more like Elway and less like Manning.



Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:07 PM   #15
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
He is what he is. What are these "improvising" qb's win % in modern day playoffs or SB? Pretty shabby
Who was the last pure pocket passer to win it all. Brees?

Or Eli, I guess.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #16
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'
 
2KBack's Avatar
 
Cake is delicious

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wash DC
Posts: 8,098
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
He is what he is. What are these "improvising" qb's win % in modern day playoffs or SB? Pretty shabby
I would consider Aaron Rogers and Big Ben these types, That's 3 rings right there.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #17
whoeey
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
This is what the greatest quarterback of all-time looks like.






We need everyone to believe.





I haven't seen that many ducks since Sunday
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:09 PM   #18
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
You're completely insane. Elway could roll to his right flick his wrist and a ball would be on a rope for 60 yards crossfield. There has never been nor there will be a qb like Elway in our lifetime. Peyton is our QB but he needs to be more like Elway and less like Manning.



Peyton CAN'T be more like Elway. We need to supply the pocket Peyton needs to win.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:10 PM   #19
whoeey
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Who was the last pure pocket passer to win it all. Brees?
Just heard the stat the other day, maybe 6 of the last 8 won by pocket passers?
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:13 PM   #20
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
I would consider Aaron Rogers and Big Ben these types, That's 3 rings right there.
Yep. Both pretty athletic QB's.

Rogers, Rapistberger, Wilson on one side.

Probably Brees, Eli Manning, maybe Flacco on the other.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #21
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
You're completely insane. Elway could roll to his right flick his wrist and a ball would be on a rope for 60 yards crossfield. There has never been nor there will be a qb like Elway in our lifetime. Peyton is our QB but he needs to be more like Elway and less like Manning.



That's funny that you say that because when the name Peyton Manning comes up as one of if not the best QB EVER to play the game that's what the experts say about Peyton..cant say that they have said it about Elway..To bad though that Elway cant carry those duties over to his GM position and fire Fox ..but then again it did take Elway 3 tries to even win 1 SB..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:15 PM   #22
BroncoBeavis
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoBeavis's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,429

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoeey View Post
Just heard the stat the other day, maybe 6 of the last 8 won by pocket passers?
Guess it depends on how you define a pocket passer. Someone who's good in a pocket? Or someone who NEEDS a pocket.

Rogers is good in a pocket. But he's good outside the pocket as well.

Peyton, Brady, Brees... those guys need the pocket.
BroncoBeavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:16 PM   #23
whoeey
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yep. Both pretty athletic QB's.

Rogers, Rapistberger, Wilson on one side.

Probably Brees, Eli Manning, maybe Flacco on the other.
I think the idea would be having Rodgers deliver the ball from the pocket. Same with Rapistburglar.
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:18 PM   #24
Chrissy Rules
Ring of Famer
 
Chrissy Rules's Avatar
 
Git er done

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Peyton's Place
Posts: 6,796

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PM OF COURSE
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Peyton CAN'T be more like Elway. We need to supply the pocket Peyton needs to win.
And the Broncos need Peyton to win ..kind of a circle jerk isn't it..
Chrissy Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:20 PM   #25
whoeey
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,076

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The perfect qb? PFM's brain and accuracy/touch, Rodgers arm (probably the best I've ever seen), Elways toughness/mobility, Marino's hair, and brady's wife.
whoeey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 PM.


Denver Broncos