The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball
Default OT- Rant thread.

I own a automotive business. We put a used A/C compressor for 301.30 on a clients vehicle. We explained that it was a used part and was 15 years old. It was not a wise Idea because of the age. Well it leaked , so we warranted it. She returned a few weeks later and it was leaking again. She brought it to another shop had them replace it with a new Compressor and then filed a suit against up for 1500.oo dollars because she is claiming the parts that we used was defective. Now I as a business owner have to pay this because I would win if we go to court but it would cost me around 5k to do so.

This is one ****ed up world we live in. SO here is my advise.

If you don't like something you have purchased. Sue the people for it because you're not happy with it. Just make the suit less then the court cost and you will win.

Go figure it was a ****ing KC fan too.

Anyways
Thanks for listening and Mother ****er.
Quoydogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2014, 12:03 PM   #2
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

You have her address, go sneak up there one night and stick a banana in her tail pipe.

Be sure to buy some new/used boots that are at least 3 sizes too large, so when CSI gets involved, they will not be able to say the shoe is the same size as you wear. People always leave footprints behind and get busted! Toss the boots into a fire pit away from home and burn them afterwards.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:04 PM   #3
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
You have her address, go sneak up there one night and stick a banana in her tail pipe.

Be sure to buy some new/used boots that are at least 3 sizes too large, so when CSI gets involved, they will not be able to say the shoe is the same size as you wear. People always leave footprints behind and get busted! Toss the boots into a fire pit away from home and burn them afterwards.
Banana in the tail pipe does not work. Sugar well that s another story
Old 11-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #4
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I don't know much about cars but it seems kinda stupid to put a 15 year old used part on a vehilce and expect it to work like new.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:09 PM   #5
GreatBronco16
!!!TEAM!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Defense

Well I know who not to go to, to replace an A/C compressor on my car. Why the hell would you use a used part, more or less one that is 15+ years old? And you still charged over 300 bucks for that thing? Sounds like you were trying to screw her over to begin with. Just what kind of car was this going into?
GreatBronco16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:12 PM   #6
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
Well I know who not to go to, to replace an A/C compressor on my car. Why the hell would you use a used part, more or less one that is 15+ years old? And you still charged over 300 bucks for that thing? Sounds like you were trying to screw her over to begin with. Just what kind of car was this going into?
125 for the compressor
labor 98.00
a/c recharge of 134.95

As for the used part her truck is 15 years old too and she did not want to pay for a new one. That's the best part . I have a signed invoice saying she understands that this could happen and she is ok with it.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:13 PM   #7
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I don't know much about cars but it seems kinda stupid to put a 15 year old used part on a vehilce and expect it to work like new.
Customers cry about prices being so high so used parts are the norm. Insurance companies will almost always go for used/aftermarket crap cause well, insurance companies are cheap.

I feel for you man. If you have it written on the invoice/repair order that used/aftermarket is not guaranteed she has no case.

If anything the parts house you got the part from should pay for the costs.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #8
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

If she agreed to it to pay less for a used part over a new one how can she file suit??
Old 11-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #9
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
99 chevy tahoe
Old 11-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #10
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

In what world is it going to cost you $5K to fight it? That's small claims court. It's like Judge Judy, man. Just show up, and fight it yourself.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:16 PM   #11
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
If she agreed to it to pay less for a used part over a new one how can she file suit??
She is claiming a inferior part was used. The ****ty thing is that I would win hands down no contest but it will cost 5k in fees to do so or I can just write her a check for 1500.00 and be done with it.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:18 PM   #12
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
In what world is it going to cost you $5K to fight it? That's small claims court. It's like Judge Judy, man. Just show up, and fight it yourself.
She hired a attorney so there is no small claims case. She found a god damned ambulance chaser that wants to take it to trial.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #13
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Customers cry about prices being so high so used parts are the norm. Insurance companies will almost always go for used/aftermarket crap cause well, insurance companies are cheap.

I feel for you man. If you have it written on the invoice/repair order that used/aftermarket is not guaranteed she has no case.

If anything the parts house you got the part from should pay for the costs.
I gave her the 90 day warranty on the part which it came with. When it went bad I even covered the labor which is not covered. She didn't give me a chance the second time . She also had it replaced with a new compressor the next time and wants me to pay the bill for that. ****ing Stupid.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #14
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

Take it to trial and counter file and include court costs and attorney fees. I was on a jury for a similar type case where a dumb lady tried to sue, and she got her ass handed to her by us.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #15
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

1. If you own a business that relies on contracts, oral or written, then convert them to all written contracts and have those form contracts reviewed by an attorney.

2. If you have a written contract with a customer (which they signed) that states you are using a used part and therefore do not guaranty or warrant the fitness and condition of that part, then you can submit that to the Court with an affidavit and motion to dismiss for the low, low cost of your filing fees. Have customers clearly waive your liability on used parts.

3. Adopt a policy to not reuse parts that are 15 years old.

4. Don't hire an attorney to defend you in court on this action, but defend it rather than settling at $1,500.00, if the client agreed and understood it was a used part that was 15 years old. This should save you in the neighborhood of $4,500.00 of the expected $5,000 you stated earlier.

5. Don't install 15 year old parts.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:22 PM   #16
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ

Quote:
Take it to trial and counter file and include court costs and attorney fees. I was on a jury for a similar type case where a dumb lady tried to sue, and she got her ass handed to her by us.
This!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:23 PM   #17
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
In Oregon I can not file suit for attorney charges or my time. Other wise I would go to trial . But as it is it's just not worth my 3500.00 to prove my point.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:25 PM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoydogs View Post
She hired a attorney so there is no small claims case. She found a god damned ambulance chaser that wants to take it to trial.
The parts house is on the hook for that money. She will not win against you. If the AC condensor leaked because of installation problems that's different. If the part is defective its on the parts house.

Usually in warranty clauses on automotive theres something written about the shop getting a chance to fix the problem before taken somewhere else. That's most def the case with insurance and auto body's.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic2; 11-20-2014 at 12:27 PM..
Old 11-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #19
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Can't you just defend yourself?? If you have documents sign by her stating basically that she knew what she was getting before the work was done. I don't see how she could win. Sounds like she knows she's wrong but is pissed the part didn't work out.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #20
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
The parts house is on the hook for that money. She will not win against you. If the AC condensor leaked because of installation problems that's different. If the part is defective its on the parts house.

Usually in warranty clauses on automotive theres something written about the shop getting a chance to fix the problem before taken somewhere else. That's most def the case with insurance and auto body's.
It's not a matter of winning. She signed papers so it's pretty much case closed but by the time I get done paying my blood sucker it will cost me 5 k to prove that she is a idiot.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:30 PM   #21
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

Yep, fight it yourself.

i had a couple try to sue me for something. Like you, they got a lawyer who priced the claim enough for trial but low enough to make it easier for me to settle. Settlement was at $2500 i think? Dont remember.

**** THAT!!!
**** them!

I showed up with NO legal experience but I was not at fault for anything. I took them head on. Paid a court cost of something I think. Was told I could get a lawyer to try and get those back but I decided not to do so. So it ended up costing me some money but I won and those jerks ended up losing a lot more, laywer, court fees, etc.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 12:31 PM   #22
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Yep, fight it yourself.

i had a couple try to sue me for something. Like you, they got a lawyer who priced the claim enough for trial but low enough to make it easier for me to settle. Settlement was at $2500 i think? Dont remember.

**** THAT!!!
**** them!

I showed up with NO legal experience but I was not at fault for anything. I took them head on. Paid a court cost of something I think. Was told I could get a lawyer to try and get those back but I decided not to do so. So it ended up costing me some money but I won and those jerks ended up losing a lot more, laywer, court fees, etc.
I thought about this but without a blood sucker isn't it a lot bringing a knife to a gun fight ?
Old 11-20-2014, 12:33 PM   #23
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
It's not a matter of winning. She signed papers so it's pretty much case closed but by the time I get done paying my blood sucker it will cost me 5 k to prove that she is a idiot.
Like others said you can represent yourself. It's worth it. Customers are the worst when it comes to their cars. They want it cheap as hell, take the used route knowing problems can happen then cry about it after.

If you don't do it, Id suggest you send the bill to the parts house.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #24
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I thought about this but without a blood sucker isn't it a lot bringing a knife to a gun fight ?
Your gun is that repair order. Those documents are a life saver.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:34 PM   #25
Quoydogs
I can fix it .

Here's Johnny !

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Monte Ball

Quote:

Yep it is printed on the invoice that we are the only ones how can honor the warranty. I will win hands down but in todays world it still will cost a fortune to do so. With all the paper work , paying for expert witnesses, jury members , court costs ect... it's just not as easy as it seems.