The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default Madden Ratings Released - 17 Broncos Rated 85 or Higher

http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...-player-rating

98 - Peyton Manning
96 - Von Miller
95 - Matt Prater
93 - Demaryius Thomas
93 - Louis Vasquez
91 - Ryan Clady
91 - T.J. Ward
90 - Aqib Talib
90 - DeMarcus Ware
89 - Wes Welker
88 - Terrance Knighton
87 - Orlando Franklin
87 - Julius Thomas
86 - Will Montgomery
85 - Chris Harris
85 - Rahim Moore
85 - Manny Ramirez
84 - Chris Clark
83 - Emmanuel Sanders
82 - Danny Trevathan
79 - Jacob Tamme
79 - Kevin Vickerson
78 - Montee Ball
78 - Joel Dreesen
76 - Nate Irving
76 - Malik Jackson
76 - Derek Wolfe
75 - Andre Caldwell
75 - Duke Ihenacho
74 - Britton Colquitt
74 - Ronnie Hillman
74 - Sylvester Williams
73 - David Bruton
73 - Tony Carter
73 - Quinton Carter
73 - Brock Osweiler
73 - Bradley Roby
72 - Cody Latimer
71 - C.J. Anderson
71 - Kayvon Webster

You can see the rest if you click on the link at the bottom of that page.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2014, 12:36 PM   #2
Sly_Eli
Pro Bowler
 
Sly_Eli's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: SoCal
Posts: 659

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lerentee McCray
Default

Montgomery is shockingly high. Haven't really heard a thing about him-- positive or negative-- this camp, though I know he's working behind manram at C.
Sly_Eli is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,852
Default

overall ratings don't mean much for the actual game play. I would love to see the individual attributes. Will post them if i can find them.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #4
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Does this mean we will win the big one.......you know PRESEASON GAME #1
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:46 PM   #5
Action
Ring of Famer
 
Action's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Broncos
Posts: 2,281

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
overall ratings don't mean much for the actual game play. I would love to see the individual attributes. Will post them if i can find them.
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/8...-15-video-game

DT overall only a 93?

Franklin run blocking 76?

Terrance Knighton overall 88?

Chris Harris overall 85?

Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #6
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,852
Default

http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/8...-15-video-game

Here's a bit more of the story. Now, this is how i know that EA Sports is full of crap..

WR Welker: Speed - 84
RB Ball: Speed - 86
DE Ware: Speed - 90

That's completely stupid.

I still play madden 08 for PC in 3 different online leagues (there are at least 6 in existance), the guys make and update rosters many times throughout the year and are very accurate in doing so. For young players they go strictly off of combine numbers unless the player has proven that he "plays faster" on sundays. I'm not one of those anti Madden/anti EA Sports guys, but sometimes i just can't help but be pissed off by their "work."
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mandan
Posts: 4,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton
Default

Did they disable Manrams power snap?
missingnumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
http://www.milehighreport.com/2014/8...-15-video-game

Here's a bit more of the story. Now, this is how i know that EA Sports is full of crap..

WR Welker: Speed - 84
RB Ball: Speed - 86
DE Ware: Speed - 90

That's completely stupid.

I still play madden 08 for PC in 3 different online leagues (there are at least 6 in existance), the guys make and update rosters many times throughout the year and are very accurate in doing so. For young players they go strictly off of combine numbers unless the player has proven that he "plays faster" on sundays. I'm not one of those anti Madden/anti EA Sports guys, but sometimes i just can't help but be pissed off by their "work."
It's so bush league. It's like they are treating a video game like it is in fantasy land or something.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:08 PM   #9
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
It's so bush league. It's like they are treating a video game like it is in fantasy land or something.
I know what you are trying to say, but it's not working. It's a game, yes, but it's based off of reality and these people are paid lots of money to come up with what should be an accurate reconstruction. if they're not trying to do that, i'm not sure what the hell they are doing (perhaps turning a profit is their only concern). It's not hard to talk about and agree upon a chart that translates 40 times to speed ratings and then systematically use it. If 2 guys who are both probably living in their mom's basement can do this in a matter of a couple of days i'm sure EA can get it done with their resources.

Case in point: WR Latimer. He ran a 4.38 on an ankle that wasn't 100% At the very least this guy should be a 93 but I would give him a 95. EA gave him an 89. Meanwhile, i say gain, Ware is a 90. Suppose you say, "Well, he's Ware, they are going to beef him up so that he dominates like in real life." But you can do that with Awareness. That's exactly what that attribute is for. And i'm sure block shedding should be high too.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:10 PM   #10
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
I know what you are trying to say, but it's not working. It's a game, yes, but it's based off of reality and these people are paid lots of money to come up with what should be an accurate reconstruction. if they're not trying to do that, i'm not sure what the hell they are doing (perhaps turning a profit is their only concern). It's not hard to talk about and agree upon a chart that translates 40 times to speed ratings and then systematically use it. If 2 guys who are both probably living in their mom's basement can do this in a matter of a couple of days i'm sure EA can get it done with their resources.

Case in point: WR Latimer. He ran a 4.38 on an ankle that wasn't 100% At the very least this guy should be a 93 but I would give him a 95. EA gave him an 89. Meanwhile, i say gain, Ware is a 90. Suppose you say, "Well, he's Ware, they are going to beef him up so that he dominates like in real life." But you can do that with Awareness. That's exactly what that attribute is for. And i'm sure block shedding should be high too.
Damn virtual reality fantasy land video game cockamamie
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:14 PM   #11
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
overall ratings don't mean much for the actual game play. I would love to see the individual attributes. Will post them if i can find them.
http://vassets.ea.com/Assets/Resourc...-nfc-west.xlsx
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #12
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Damn virtual reality fantasy land video game cockamamie
You're kind of a tool, huh?
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:25 PM   #13
missingnumber7
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mandan
Posts: 4,958

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tyrone Braxton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
You're kind of a tool, huh?
Says the guy playing Madden 08
missingnumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #14
crush17
orange & blue
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 5,405

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!
Default

lmao @ this thread
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #15
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,556

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
You're kind of a tool, huh?
Because he doesn't agree?

I am a gamer myself, and don't think he's a tool.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #16
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

I play Madden all of the time. My wife says I am tool. But that's after she calls me Jesus Christ and Ooh ****
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:09 PM   #17
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,556

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

If any of you are on the Xbox One hit me up...rabbmast3rflash

I am awful at Madden but I like playing
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #18
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingnumber7 View Post
Says the guy playing Madden 08
har har har, but in all seriousness it's a much better experience and the rosters are updated frequently and accurately. the only thing missing is the graphics but that is more than made up for by a superior game engine and a dedicated community of players who don't quit out when they are losing. stats are kept. franchises (with all 32 teams controlled by actual people) can go on for 20+ seasons. Not that anyone cares, i'm just sayin.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:34 PM   #19
Kevin8Nine
Kevin Ate Nine
 
Kevin8Nine's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 555

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

You should all email them and tell them how pissed you are at the rankings of football players on a video game
Kevin8Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #20
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
har har har, but in all seriousness it's a much better experience and the rosters are updated frequently and accurately. the only thing missing is the graphics but that is more than made up for by a superior game engine and a dedicated community of players who don't quit out when they are losing. stats are kept. franchises (with all 32 teams controlled by actual people) can go on for 20+ seasons. Not that anyone cares, i'm just sayin.
Cool story bro

With Love,
Tool
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:36 PM   #21
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
I play Madden all of the time. My wife says I am tool. But that's after she calls me Jesus Christ and Ooh ****
Interesting that you felt the need to say that. I'm sure she does.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:37 PM   #22
Bronco
Pro Bowler
 
Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Top 5 defenseville
Posts: 712

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Talib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin8Nine View Post
You should all email them and tell them how pissed you are at the rankings of football players on a video game
I would but I'm boycotting them cause it looks just like last years.
Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:40 PM   #23
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!
 
theAPAOps5's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle
Posts: 30,404

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportinOne View Post
Interesting that you felt the need to say that. I'm sure she does.
Says the loser who is all bent out of shape because people are laughing at his pathetic life.

With Love,
Tool

P.S I didn't even really mean it the way that sounded! I was stealing a joke from Bill Cosby

Last edited by theAPAOps5; 08-06-2014 at 07:44 PM..
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:41 PM   #24
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer
 
maher_tyler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 6,250

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

I'm convinced the guys that to the ratings don't watch football. Can't please everyone I guess.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:53 PM   #25
SportinOne
Ring of Famer
 
SportinOne's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,852
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
Says the loser who is all bent out of shape because people are laughing at his pathetic life.

With Love,
Tool

P.S I didn't even really mean it the way that sounded! I was stealing a joke from Bill Cosby
Wow, really got under your skin there, huh? Look... if you don't want to be called a tool don't act like one.
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:47 AM.


Denver Broncos