The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 03:34 PM   #51
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Dumb. How many years in a row are we going to lose games in the trenches before we address the issue!!?? It doesn't matter how good your secondary is if you don't have a pass rush. It also doesn't matter how good your linebackers are if you don't have a defensive line to take on blockers. Get it through your head!!! A good line makes average linebackers look good. A good pass rush makes an average secondary look good.

Dareus should be the pick and I will be pissed if it is anyone else
Hey i like Dareus just as much as anyone but there are other DT's in this draft and like it or not the chances they pass on him is pretty good
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:35 PM   #52
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!
 
SoDak Bronco's Avatar
 
Von Miller aka QB Killa

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,226

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
My computer won't let me post a new thread about this. I have no idea why but here it is: (Mods if you can fix the problem for me I would appreciate it. I believe this should have its own thread)

First of all, I work at a nightclub in downtown Denver. It's the most upscale club in Denver and Broncos and Nuggets players go there pretty frequently. There were about 5-7 Broncos players there last night. At the end of the night after most regular patrons had already left I got to talk Champ & D.J. They said they felt like going out to celebrate the lockout getting lifted. They were in Dove Valley yesterday evening and got to talk to their position coaches and Fox. Anyways I had to try and get some inside info on the draft of course.

According to Champ he got the impression we're taking Dareus in the first round. He & D.J. were both pretty happy about it too. They said they're coaches told them we're going to pick very heavily on defense especially with the first four picks.

D.J. kept talking about Martez Wilson. He was really excited about this guy and hopes we get him. He said John Fox even compared him to Jon Beason. Called him the best 4-3 LB in the draft. D.J. really wants this guy. He even said "don't be surprised if we move up to the end of round 1 to make sure we get him."

Take it for what it's worth but these guys talked to their coaches last night. The cool part was seeing NFL players of their caliber talk about the draft. They sounded as excited about it as a fan like myself would be. They're both cool guys, especially D.J.

They may not be making the decision makers but they got to talk to some guys who have input into the decision. If the draft goes as they described, expect something like this:

2. Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
TRADE: #36 & #67 to Patriots for #28 and #92
28. Martez Wilson MLB Illinois
46. D.J. mentioned possible trade down here
92. Best defensive player available

Personally I would be lukewarm on this draft. We get some good players but I don't feel like we need to move up for Martez Wilson and I was convinced from Elway that we would be picking BPA and fill in our needs more through free agency. This is more of a needs draft than I thought. What would you guys think about this draft?
I would be pissed if we traded up, I think we need to let the draft fall to us and take BPA/Need, should be plenty of good options at 36/46.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:36 PM   #53
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,610

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Trading up for Wilson makes sense. I've read from numerous outlets that he's rising much like Nick Barnett did back when he was drafted and is garnering serious first-round consideration. BOOMDIGGITY DAMN **** THE DRAFT IS TOMORROW.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #54
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
I would be pissed if we traded up, I think we need to let the draft fall to us and take BPA/Need, should be plenty of good options at 36/46.
I pretty much agree with this completely. If we were to trade up it'd have to be for someone much more impressive than Martez Wilson i.e. a Fairley freefall
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #55
Broncoman13
Broncoholic
 
Broncoman13's Avatar
 
JT #80

Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colorado
Posts: 16,842

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius
Default

I hope that either you or they are full of SHIAT!!!

Dareus and Wilson vs Miller and Taylor/Paea/Austin.

If they are going to trade up a few spots, go get Marvin Austin and pair him up with Von Miller! I so hope the Panthers take Dareus first. He is just not that special. Low bust rate, but I expect a lot more out of the #2 pick then just low bust potential... I expect future all-pro.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #56
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer
 
Vegas_Bronco's Avatar
 
Fear is a lack of preparation.

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Now 64 Yards Out
Posts: 5,179

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1
Default

Just wait boys...just wait....scheftner is right on the money but there are 2 other blue chippers and we for sure will get one of the top 3. Basically we are assured at least one starter/contributor...peterson, miller, or dareus all all balls deep picks.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:39 PM   #57
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,610

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Yeah, trade up for a guy who didn't play football last year.

REAL SMART.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #58
phibacka31
Ring of Famer
 
phibacka31's Avatar
 
Leggo

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Grapevine, TX
Posts: 1,392

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow
Default

Thanks a ton Carmelo for the info.
I'm along with others that hope to god they don't trade up for Martez...
I also want PP or Von at #2...
ugh... cool infor, but not what I would want to hear...
phibacka31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:40 PM   #59
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
My computer won't let me post a new thread about this. I have no idea why but here it is: (Mods if you can fix the problem for me I would appreciate it. I believe this should have its own thread)

First of all, I work at a nightclub in downtown Denver. It's the most upscale club in Denver and Broncos and Nuggets players go there pretty frequently. There were about 5-7 Broncos players there last night. At the end of the night after most regular patrons had already left I got to talk Champ & D.J. They said they felt like going out to celebrate the lockout getting lifted. They were in Dove Valley yesterday evening and got to talk to their position coaches and Fox. Anyways I had to try and get some inside info on the draft of course.

According to Champ he got the impression we're taking Dareus in the first round. He & D.J. were both pretty happy about it too. They said they're coaches told them we're going to pick very heavily on defense especially with the first four picks.

D.J. kept talking about Martez Wilson. He was really excited about this guy and hopes we get him. He said John Fox even compared him to Jon Beason. Called him the best 4-3 LB in the draft. D.J. really wants this guy. He even said "don't be surprised if we move up to the end of round 1 to make sure we get him."

Take it for what it's worth but these guys talked to their coaches last night. The cool part was seeing NFL players of their caliber talk about the draft. They sounded as excited about it as a fan like myself would be. They're both cool guys, especially D.J.

They may not be making the decision makers but they got to talk to some guys who have input into the decision. If the draft goes as they described, expect something like this:

2. Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
TRADE: #36 & #67 to Patriots for #28 and #92
28. Martez Wilson MLB Illinois
46. D.J. mentioned possible trade down here
92. Best defensive player available

Personally I would be lukewarm on this draft. We get some good players but I don't feel like we need to move up for Martez Wilson and I was convinced from Elway that we would be picking BPA and fill in our needs more through free agency. This is more of a needs draft than I thought. What would you guys think about this draft?
I hope you called DJ a cab.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #60
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,024
Default

Where the hell is Miller even going to play? Not exactly the kind of question you want to ask about the second pick in the draft.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #61
schaaf
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Did DJ drive home?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #62
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
I hope that either you or they are full of SHIAT!!!

Dareus and Wilson vs Miller and Taylor/Paea/Austin.

If they are going to trade up a few spots, go get Marvin Austin and pair him up with Von Miller! I so hope the Panthers take Dareus first. He is just not that special. Low bust rate, but I expect a lot more out of the #2 pick then just low bust potential... I expect future all-pro.
I really have no reason to lie to you and the rest of this board. Unfortunately I agree with you. I will say this...I got the impression from them...particularly Champ, that they were more making conclusions of their own based on what they were told. I don't think Champ was literally told we're taking Dareus. But D.J. told me Fox compared Martez Wilson to Jon Beason, also from the U. D.J. was pretty giddy about getting Wilson. I actually liked that, it made me feel like D.J. really wanted to help out a future teammate and fellow linebacker.
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:42 PM   #63
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Where the hell is Miller even going to play? Not exactly the kind of question you want to ask about the second pick in the draft.
Fox said a few weeks ago he would play SAM. I am sure they would be more creative with him than with the typical SAM, especially on passing downs.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:43 PM   #64
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,024
Default

So we plan on drafting someone to play SAM with the second overall pick of the draft--and people are happy about this?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #65
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
My draft reaction:
Peterson - Bliss
Von - Ecstatic
Dareus- Very Happy
Fairley - Concerned & Disappointed
A.J. Green - Optimistic
Gabbert - Don't talk to me or I'll slap you
Cam - Pissed off don't talk to me or I'll punch you in the face


This pretty much sums up how I feel as well! Though the gap between Peterson and Von is very small at this point.

I think the pick will be Miller.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:44 PM   #66
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

Haha Inferno and schaaf, funny you say that. I actually heard him and Champ teasing each other. Champ, "N!gga how many DUI's you got now gimme yo keys!" (joking with DJ)
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:45 PM   #67
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
My computer won't let me post a new thread about this. I have no idea why but here it is: (Mods if you can fix the problem for me I would appreciate it. I believe this should have its own thread)

First of all, I work at a nightclub in downtown Denver. It's the most upscale club in Denver and Broncos and Nuggets players go there pretty frequently. There were about 5-7 Broncos players there last night. At the end of the night after most regular patrons had already left I got to talk Champ & D.J. They said they felt like going out to celebrate the lockout getting lifted. They were in Dove Valley yesterday evening and got to talk to their position coaches and Fox. Anyways I had to try and get some inside info on the draft of course.

According to Champ he got the impression we're taking Dareus in the first round. He & D.J. were both pretty happy about it too. They said they're coaches told them we're going to pick very heavily on defense especially with the first four picks.

D.J. kept talking about Martez Wilson. He was really excited about this guy and hopes we get him. He said John Fox even compared him to Jon Beason. Called him the best 4-3 LB in the draft. D.J. really wants this guy. He even said "don't be surprised if we move up to the end of round 1 to make sure we get him."

Take it for what it's worth but these guys talked to their coaches last night. The cool part was seeing NFL players of their caliber talk about the draft. They sounded as excited about it as a fan like myself would be. They're both cool guys, especially D.J.

They may not be making the decision makers but they got to talk to some guys who have input into the decision. If the draft goes as they described, expect something like this:

2. Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
TRADE: #36 & #67 to Patriots for #28 and #92
28. Martez Wilson MLB Illinois
46. D.J. mentioned possible trade down here
92. Best defensive player available

Personally I would be lukewarm on this draft. We get some good players but I don't feel like we need to move up for Martez Wilson and I was convinced from Elway that we would be picking BPA and fill in our needs more through free agency. This is more of a needs draft than I thought. What would you guys think about this draft?
Awesome info

I don't think they need to move up to get Wilson, I would rather they stay put and take BPA and I wouldn't be surprised if they took Aaron Williams with 2b
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #68
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,610

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

D.J. and Martez at LB. Not what you really want.

Martez lacks instincts and is an underachiever. You don't trade up for that.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #69
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
I really have no reason to lie to you and the rest of this board. Unfortunately I agree with you. I will say this...I got the impression from them...particularly Champ, that they were more making conclusions of their own based on what they were told. I don't think Champ was literally told we're taking Dareus. But D.J. told me Fox compared Martez Wilson to Jon Beason, also from the U. D.J. was pretty giddy about getting Wilson. I actually liked that, it made me feel like D.J. really wanted to help out a future teammate and fellow linebacker.
Miller or Dareus, I'm cool either way, though I'm not sure that I see Dareus as a futer ELITE DT...very good, but not necessarily a perennial All-Pro. Miller and Peterson are the two guys I think will be special. But, again, I'm cool if Dareus is the pick. I wouldn't mind if they are right about Wilson, though not in a trade up. Maybe he will still be there at 2a, though if we go Miller at #2, I'd really prefer DT at 2a. That said, if they like Wilson better than the available DTs, I'm pretty damn cool with a DJ-Wilson-Miller LB corp.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:48 PM   #70
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
So we plan on drafting someone to play SAM with the second overall pick of the draft--and people are happy about this?
Dude, think outside of the box. You really think they would take him at #2 and then play him like a traditional SAM? There is zero question they would have some creative ideas in mind if they are going to take him that high.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:49 PM   #71
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

I've been hoping we grabbed Martez Wilson for weeks now and have said so previously. I'd be very happy grabbing him in the 2nd with either pick - but not really moving up for him. It was only a few weeks ago that there seemed like a strong chance he would be there for our 2b pick
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #72
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 13,239
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Lahey View Post
D.J. and Martez at LB. Not what you really want.

Martez lacks instincts and is an underachiever. You don't trade up for that.
Yeah, that's the concern. He's kind of similar to DJ, really. Elite skill set, but only average instincts. Still, I don't think there is much chance of him being a "bust." Worst case scenario, he's an above average starter (like DJ).
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #73
oubronco
John Foneco !!
 
oubronco's Avatar
 
Mile High Magic

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sooner Country
Posts: 20,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Miller or Dareus, I'm cool either way, though I'm not sure that I see Dareus as a futer ELITE DT...very good, but not necessarily a perennial All-Pro. Miller and Peterson are the two guys I think will be special. But, again, I'm cool if Dareus is the pick. I wouldn't mind if they are right about Wilson, though not in a trade up. Maybe he will still be there at 2a, though if we go Miller at #2, I'd really prefer DT at 2a. That said, if they like Wilson better than the available DTs, I'm pretty damn cool with a DJ-Wilson-Miller LB corp.
This would help our run defense out tremendously
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:54 PM   #74
Carmelo15
Chauncey!
 
Carmelo15's Avatar
 
Jeyton Mannway

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 953

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden
Default

D.J. Martez and Von may be the most athletic LB corps in the league
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #75
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!
 
gunns's Avatar
 
Defense, defense, defense

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Always Hoping
Posts: 12,583

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmelo15 View Post
My draft reaction:
Peterson - Bliss
Von - Ecstatic
Dareus- Very Happy
Fairley - Concerned & Disappointed
A.J. Green - Optimistic
Gabbert - Don't talk to me or I'll slap you
Cam - Pissed off don't talk to me or I'll punch you in the face
Mine would be

Peterson - YES!
Von - YES!
Dareus - A hopeful YES!
Fairley - Ok
A.J. Green - Homicidal
Gabbert- Suicidal
Cam- Commit Homicide or Suicide.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:59 AM.


Denver Broncos