The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2011, 02:40 PM   #26
SoDak Bronco
Lace em' up and lets go!!

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

He reminds me of a Derrick Thomas type rusher when I watched him play at A&M. He should be an instant impact player, probably more so then any other Defensive player in the draft.
SoDak Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:43 PM   #27
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Coach Fox was just on the radio and basically said they would be going Dline 1st... smoke screen?
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #28
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
Coach Fox was just on the radio and basically said they would be going Dline 1st... smoke screen?
Well if you believe anything they say 24 hrs before the draft you are nuts.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #29
i4jelway7
Ring of Famer

Thread Killer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoDak Bronco View Post
Well if you believe anything they say 24 hrs before the draft you are nuts.
I don't but.... Coach Fox is not like most coaches.. he doesn't say sh*t just to put it out there for smoke screen purposes, the broncos are trying to be the most transparent franchise in the league.. good or bad
i4jelway7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #30
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

so it is Miller or a trade down
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #31
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gcver2ver3 View Post
if Doom returns healthy, and we draft Miller our pass rush would be sick...

i havent followed as closely as i used to...is it impossible for us to run a 3-4 scheme this year?...

i know 4-3 is supposedly in the cards but is it THAT cemented in stone?
I don't know about a 3-4, but I would think they might tinker with the 3-3-5. The Saints and even we ran a lot of that formation last season, I'm sure your new defensive coordinator and Fox got a lot of ideas from it.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #32
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

did fox coach the giants when Lawrence Taylor played for them?
Old 04-27-2011, 02:56 PM   #33
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Look at some of the top sack artists that have come into the NFL... If you're a stud pass rusher in college chances are you'll be decent in the NFL.

This list is a little outdated, but you can see a pretty decent outcome.

Terrell Suggs, Arizona State (2000-02): 44 career sacks
Jason Babin, Western Michigan (2000-03): 38
David Pollack, Georgia (2001-04): 36
Shaun Phillips, Purdue (2000-03): 33.5
Elvis Dumervil, Louisville (2002-05): 32.0
Dwight Freeney, Syracuse (2000-01): 30.5
Dave Ball, UCLA (2000-03): 30.5

Miller btw has 33 career sacks.

I watch a bit of A&M football and was always impressed with how he played in the opponents backfield. He was a terror. But I still don't know how well he'll be in coverage against a RB or TE. I'll tell you this much, the way he was able to stab and explode during LB position drills at the combine was a thing of beauty. He may be raw but he absolutely has the athleticism to cover in the pros... now lets see about the instincts!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #34
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Dumb. How many years in a row are we going to lose games in the trenches before we address the issue!!?? It doesn't matter how good your secondary is if you don't have a pass rush. It also doesn't matter how good your linebackers are if you don't have a defensive line to take on blockers. Get it through your head!!! A good line makes average linebackers look good. A good pass rush makes an average secondary look good.

Dareus should be the pick and I will be pissed if it is anyone else
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:00 PM   #35
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

Quote:
He reminds me of a Derrick Thomas type rusher when I watched him play at A&M. He should be an instant impact player, probably more so then any other Defensive player in the draft.
This.

And like I've been trying to say when Rev suggests Patrick Peterson... I like Patrick Peterson. I think he's going to be a very good, if not great player. But you can take Peterson in the first and then settle for a pretty average LB in the 2nd. Or you can take Miller in the first and still get a pretty good CB in the 2nd, a guy like Dowling, Harris or Williams would be able to come in and start from day one.

With a guy like Kris Jenkins available in free agency, I wouldn't be the least bit upset with a draft that consisted of Von Miller, Aaron Williams (to play safety) and Ras I Dowling at Corner. Williams played a ton of nickel back at UT and was tremendous, plus most of the draft niks are projecting him to be the draft's best safety. A safety that can also be your nickel back, that's the kind of versatility we need right now!
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:08 PM   #36
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I've been warming up to Williams at 2A. Excellent fit.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:10 PM   #37
BroncoLifer
Living the Dream

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
We shall see. Usually Schefty is pretty spot on.
You do know that the source who made Schefter good on the Broncos is now coaching in the NFC East, right?
BroncoLifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:12 PM   #38
MABroncoFan
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

rotoworld

NFL Network's Kara Henderson, who is on site at Broncos headquarters, reports that Texas A&M LB Von Miller may have surpassed Marcell Dareus as the favorite for the No. 2 overall pick.

"What we're hearing right now," said Henderson, "(is) the room may be shifting" toward Miller. According to Henderson, the Broncos believe Miller "can be a four-down player," contributing on all three defensive downs as well as on special teams. Frankly, we're not buying it. As good as Miller projects to be, he's not a particularly good scheme fit for Denver's new 4-3 defense. They also have much bigger needs inside. Related: BroncosApr 27, 6:09 PM
MABroncoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #39
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
Dumb. How many years in a row are we going to lose games in the trenches before we address the issue!!?? It doesn't matter how good your secondary is if you don't have a pass rush. It also doesn't matter how good your linebackers are if you don't have a defensive line to take on blockers. Get it through your head!!! A good line makes average linebackers look good. A good pass rush makes an average secondary look good.

Von Miller is the best pass rusher in this draft
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:13 PM   #40
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Im thinking we pick Miller and follow up with Allen Bailey in the second.
Bailey is the same type of player as Ayers. if Miller truly is the pick then more than likely the pick will be interior DL. so i would bet on a guy like Paea
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #41
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Bailey is the same type of player as Ayers. if Miller truly is the pick then more than likely the pick will be interior DL. so i would bet on a guy like Paea
A miller/paea combo would be boner.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #42
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post

You do realize Von Miller will probably be playing in the trenches on 3rd and long or obvious passing situations, right? And that he IS the best pass rusher in the draft?
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:17 PM   #43
theStifmeister

lets dance
Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 PM   #44
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by i4jelway7 View Post
I don't but.... Coach Fox is not like most coaches.. he doesn't say sh*t just to put it out there for smoke screen purposes
Not to be a dink, but what could you possibly be basing this off of? Are you really claiming to have paid attention to every draft he's ever run for Carolina and have pre-draft quotes from him that match their actual selections?
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:21 PM   #45
Gcver2ver3
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
not Lance Ball

if drafting miller will put an end to the horribly ineffective blitzes i saw us attempt last year...

do it...
Gcver2ver3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:28 PM   #46
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

Mine is probably like:

Peterson - Bliss
Von - Ecstatic
Dareus- Very Happy
Fairley - Happy
A.J. Green - Happy
Gabbert - Don't talk to me or I'll slap you
Cam - I'm going to get arrested, make an epic meltdown post and register at extremeskins.com
Dareus - Bliss
Miller - Ecstatic
Peterson - Ecstatic
Fairley - Quietly optimistic
AJ Green - Violently angry
Gabbert - Borderline homicidal
Newton - Genocidal (the only way the people of Atlanta will be saved is if my head explodes from the anger stroke I will definitely suffer a split second after reading this)
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #47
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABroncoFan View Post
rotoworld

NFL Network's Kara Henderson, who is on site at Broncos headquarters, reports that Texas A&M LB Von Miller may have surpassed Marcell Dareus as the favorite for the No. 2 overall pick.

"What we're hearing right now," said Henderson, "(is) the room may be shifting" toward Miller. According to Henderson, the Broncos believe Miller "can be a four-down player," contributing on all three defensive downs as well as on special teams. Frankly, we're not buying it. As good as Miller projects to be, he's not a particularly good scheme fit for Denver's new 4-3 defense. They also have much bigger needs inside. Related: BroncosApr 27, 6:09 PM
Thank you for your useless analysis Rotoworld. You take other people's reports and put your own spin on it.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:30 PM   #48
Carmelo15
Chauncey!

Jeyton Mannway

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Omar Bolden

My computer won't let me post a new thread about this. I have no idea why but here it is: (Mods if you can fix the problem for me I would appreciate it. I believe this should have its own thread)

First of all, I work at a nightclub in downtown Denver. It's the most upscale club in Denver and Broncos and Nuggets players go there pretty frequently. There were about 5-7 Broncos players there last night. At the end of the night after most regular patrons had already left I got to talk Champ & D.J. They said they felt like going out to celebrate the lockout getting lifted. They were in Dove Valley yesterday evening and got to talk to their position coaches and Fox. Anyways I had to try and get some inside info on the draft of course.

According to Champ he got the impression we're taking Dareus in the first round. He & D.J. were both pretty happy about it too. They said they're coaches told them we're going to pick very heavily on defense especially with the first four picks.

D.J. kept talking about Martez Wilson. He was really excited about this guy and hopes we get him. He said John Fox even compared him to Jon Beason. Called him the best 4-3 LB in the draft. D.J. really wants this guy. He even said "don't be surprised if we move up to the end of round 1 to make sure we get him."

Take it for what it's worth but these guys talked to their coaches last night. The cool part was seeing NFL players of their caliber talk about the draft. They sounded as excited about it as a fan like myself would be. They're both cool guys, especially D.J.

They may not be making the decision makers but they got to talk to some guys who have input into the decision. If the draft goes as they described, expect something like this:

2. Marcell Dareus DT Alabama
TRADE: #36 & #67 to Patriots for #28 and #92
28. Martez Wilson MLB Illinois
46. D.J. mentioned possible trade down here
92. Best defensive player available

Personally I would be lukewarm on this draft. We get some good players but I don't feel like we need to move up for Martez Wilson and I was convinced from Elway that we would be picking BPA and fill in our needs more through free agency. This is more of a needs draft than I thought. What would you guys think about this draft?
Carmelo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #49
SoDak Bronco

Von Miller aka QB Killa

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Robert Ayers

can you imagine if you were a Panthers fan and your team is most likely going to take Cam Newton who is a 1 yr starter, throwing only 200 passes in college FBS...he could be really good, or he could be a major bust. If only Luck came out for them, haha to bad.

From everything you hear about Von Miller, he is a sure fire starter for the next 10 years and is considered the safest pick.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #50
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Carmelo, thank you for the information!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote