The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,637
Default DL vs LB vs DB at #2

Here is a list of all the defensive players picked at #2 in the modern football era. I'm surprised that only two of these guys made the hall of fame.

Divided into 3 groups: 11 DL, 7 LB, and only 1 DB.


Marcell Dareus can join this group:

2010 Ndamukong Suh, 2nd year
2008 Chris Long, 4th year
2002 Julius Peppers, 10th year
1997 Darrell Russell, 6 yrs
1988 Neil Smith, 13 yrs
1986 Tony Casillas, 12 yrs
1979 Mike Bell, 12 yrs
1978 Art Still, 12 yrs
1976 Steve Niehaus, 4 yrs
1972 Sherman White, 12 yrs
1970 Mike McCoy, 11 yrs

Von Miller can join this group:

2000 LaVar Arrington, 7 yrs
1996 Kevin Hardy, 9 yrs
1992 Quentin Coryatt, 7 yrs
1987 Cornelius Bennett, 14 yrs
1982 Johnnie Cooks, 10 yrs
1981 Lawrence Taylor, 13 yrs, HOF
1975 Randy White, 14 yrs, HOF

Patrick Peterson can join Eric Turner.

1991 Eric Turner, 9 yrs
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Cmac821
Harden by loss
 
Cmac821's Avatar
 
Can't wait for next year

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Los Angeles
Posts: 1,174

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder
Default

That makes DL look like a good idea
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:10 PM   #3
OBF1
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 15,696

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac821 View Post
That makes DL look like a good idea
Why is that Both Hall of Fame players came from the Linbacker group of #2 overall picks, Not DL
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:13 PM   #4
Memento
SY2K
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: The sunny(?) Pacific NW
Posts: 215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Godwin Turk
Default

I'm thinking Randy White belongs in the DL category, no?
Memento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #5
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,707

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Here is a list of all the defensive players picked at #2 in the modern football era. I'm surprised that only two of these guys made the hall of fame.

Divided into 3 groups: 11 DL, 7 LB, and only 1 DB.


Marcell Dareus can join this group:

2010 Ndamukong Suh, 2nd year
2008 Chris Long, 4th year
2002 Julius Peppers, 10th year
1997 Darrell Russell, 6 yrs
1988 Neil Smith, 13 yrs
1986 Tony Casillas, 12 yrs
1979 Mike Bell, 12 yrs
1978 Art Still, 12 yrs
1976 Steve Niehaus, 4 yrs
1972 Sherman White, 12 yrs
1970 Mike McCoy, 11 yrs

Von Miller can join this group:

2000 LaVar Arrington, 7 yrs
1996 Kevin Hardy, 9 yrs
1992 Quentin Coryatt, 7 yrs
1987 Cornelius Bennett, 14 yrs
1982 Johnnie Cooks, 10 yrs
1981 Lawrence Taylor, 13 yrs, HOF
1975 Randy White, 14 yrs, HOF

Patrick Peterson can join Eric Turner.

1991 Eric Turner, 9 yrs
Great list! Is there a list of just the first person taken at those position?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Cmac821
Harden by loss
 
Cmac821's Avatar
 
Can't wait for next year

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Southern Los Angeles
Posts: 1,174

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Fox Mulder
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Why is that Both Hall of Fame players came from the Linbacker group of #2 overall picks, Not DL
The HOFs are from 40 years ago...wile the DL have Peppers and Suh who are still playing, and both look like future HOFs
Cmac821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #7
epicSocialism4tw
Tebowing the long haul
 
all the way to the title

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: TX, USA
Posts: 36,819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac821 View Post
The HOFs are from 40 years ago...wile the DL have Peppers and Suh who are still playing, and both look like future HOFs
Its a little early to crown Suh, but Peppers is first ballot, IMO.
epicSocialism4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Denver Broncos