The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2011, 09:43 AM   #1
THE719!
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default You know who we should get in the later rounds that will help our secondary?

Reggie Rembert, who? An Air Force Falcon that I had the pleasure to watch the last few years, He is fast, physical and a ball hawk. In addition, you know his head is going to be right because in the military they play no games. So I say let us get my man Reggie Rembert.
THE719! is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #2
ICON
|^|Punter of Gnomes|^|

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Snap!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

UDFA .
ICON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
Missouribronc
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He can't help the secondary until at least 2013.

I don't want to take away from his service to the country, by making light of it, but his football career won't begin until at least 2013.
Missouribronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #4
Drek
Ring of Famer

I'd be up for Mark LeGree from Appalachian State in the 7th myself. Good size/speed combo, performed like a star against lower competition, likes to hit.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:57 AM   #5
THE719!
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post

I don't want to take away from his service to the country, by making light of it, but his football career won't begin until at least 2013.
And it would work perfectly since there won’t be a season next year. You are right though he did go there to serve, and that is great alone itself.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:20 AM   #6
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

" You know who we should get in the later rounds that will help our secondary?"

Superman? He-Man? Risen Jesus Christ?

ED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED?
Old 04-24-2011, 11:51 AM   #7
bronco0608
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Get Demarcus Van Dyke, he has the same size and speed numbers of Peterson. Probably will turn out to be a better player, too.
bronco0608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 12:46 PM   #8
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco0608 View Post
Get Demarcus Van Dyke, he has the same size and speed numbers of Peterson. Probably will turn out to be a better player, too.
Drop it, man. You're trying too hard.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:05 PM   #9
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Thanks again OP.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
Cleo McDowell
underrated.

Quote:
stop it. you lost a long time ago.
Cleo McDowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:26 PM   #11
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

why not Aqib Talib? Tampa is going to release the guy. put him on an incentive based deal, that has club options after both of the first two years that can end the contract with no more money or very little money owed to him in case of attitude or character problems.

similar to the way Dallas signed TO years back. it was technically a 3 year deal, but it had club options after the first and second seasons that allowed the team to cut ties with him if his attitude flared up again.

he is going to be released, teams are going to be wary of bringing him in, and he might be able to be had on the cheap.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #12
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE719! View Post
Reggie Rembert, who? An Air Force Falcon that I had the pleasure to watch the last few years, He is fast, physical and a ball hawk. In addition, you know his head is going to be right because in the military they play no games. So I say let us get my man Reggie Rembert.
http://www.nytimes.com/2003/08/29/na...29ACAD.html?th

Seems to me like they play around a lot.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 PM   #13
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Oh... and this:

Can you spot Reggie Rembert in this video?

Old 04-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
why not Aqib Talib? Tampa is going to release the guy. put him on an incentive based deal, that has club options after both of the first two years that can end the contract with no more money or very little money owed to him in case of attitude or character problems.

similar to the way Dallas signed TO years back. it was technically a 3 year deal, but it had club options after the first and second seasons that allowed the team to cut ties with him if his attitude flared up again.

he is going to be released, teams are going to be wary of bringing him in, and he might be able to be had on the cheap.
Because talib (طالب) means "student" in Arabic... and taliban (طالبا) means "the students" in Arabic. Don't let the terrorists win!

Seriously though, this Rembert guy's 40 high is 4.5 - not particularly fast, and he is 5'8" 180 - I say pass.

Hillis ran a 4.5 and he is like 60lbs heavier.
Old 04-24-2011, 11:02 PM   #15
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouribronc View Post

If a military member gets drafted, he is released of his duty. If he is signed after taking a commission, he has the opportunity to buy out his AFA contract.

One of our Petty Officers back on the Kennedy was drafted and got cut, so he had to fulfill his duty. When the Titans signed him, he bought out his contract. I think he's back in now.

Another person I met in the military briefly played for the Philadelphia Eagles before getting cut and going back in.

Last edited by Mogulseeker; 04-24-2011 at 11:06 PM..
Old 04-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #16
Afafan

Seriously though, this Rembert guy's 40 high is 4.5 - not particularly fast, and he is 5'8" 180 - I say pass.

Hahaha you clearly know nothing about this kid. I have followed Air Force Academy football for as long as I can remember and I am pretty sure he has never ran a 4.5 in college. His pro day numbers were pretty good if you ask me 4.39 fourty and a 41 inch vert. Im pretty sure that was the highest vertical in the nation. If you have ever seen this kid play you would know there is no way he runs a 4.5 anything. Plus he earned several all-american honors clearly he can play. So i def think we should pick him up in later rounds. Do you remember a guy by the name of Darrent Williams. Ya!
Old 04-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #17
Shananahan

Reggie? Is that you?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:19 AM   #18
Shananahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post

You wouldn't seriously be in favor of this, would you? If Denver drafts Peterson it will mainly be due to the overall age of the secondary and his talent being to great to resist. Denver's not so hard up that they need to be bringing idiotic thugs like Talib in.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:51 AM   #19
Afafan

HAHA ya this is Reggie. Im pretty sure he has time to be going through blogs. The cadets graduate in May so what I remember when I was close to graduation is its crunch time.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:16 AM   #20
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
You wouldn't seriously be in favor of this, would you? If Denver drafts Peterson it will mainly be due to the overall age of the secondary and his talent being to great to resist. Denver's not so hard up that they need to be bringing idiotic thugs like Talib in.
i am looking at the talent factor and also youth.

also, this team needs an infusion of some nastiness to it, especially on the defensive side of the ball and along the OL. if he can get his off field life in order, he can be an influx of nasty for this defense.

like the guy or not he is talented. he would be a major upgrade to the secondary, also add in an experienced HC like Fox who is a players coach, leadership from guys like Champ and Dawkins and it might not be a terrible thing to bring in a talented but troubled guy.

we have Perrish Cox on the roster who may very well be going to prison for rape, DJ is seemingly arrested or has altercations with cops on a yearly basis. why is bringing in a guy who is more talented than both of them such a bad thought, especially if the team can get him to sign a club friendly deal. in that situation the reward possibility outweighs the risk.

i'm not saying let's go get this guy and pay him like an elite Corner, i am saying let's give the guy a shot to possibly get his **** together and be a major upgrade to our secondary.

and sadly yes, this secondary needs upgrading badly. right now Dawkins is hitting the age and injury wall. Goodman was out the majority of the year. Cox is likely going to jail.

that leaves us with Champ that doesn't get action anym ore since he is avoided by opposition like the plague.

Hill, who is playing decently but is getting up there in age

Nate Jones a great utility player that can line up all over the secondary but isn't great at any one spot

Thompson who i really like but more than likely will never be more than a Nickle or Dime Corner due to his small stature

Cassius Vaugn who is an ok special teamer but not good enough to be a consistent contributor to the defense

McBath who can't finish a season healthy, but when he is on the field looks like he has some ability

Bruton who looks great on special teams but doesn't see the field enough on defense to give anyone confidence that he can be a defensive contributor or potential down the line starter.

every level of this defense needs to be upgraded badly, secondary just isn't as big of a priority as the front 7, but needs to be addressed. the only player on defense who should not be looking over his shoulder for someone potentially coming to take his job is Champ. every other player and position can be upgraded. (don't give me crap about Doom. he is coming off serious injury and until i see him play, i am going to hold onto doubt with him)
Old 04-25-2011, 01:29 AM   #21
Shananahan

I hear your argument, but I'm still not buying it. There's a reason Talib is going to be released by a team that could use his talents, and I don't believe its because of money. Talib is a guy who is amazingly lucky to have gone this far in life with the brain inside his head, and I'd rather roll the dice on a dozen other high risk/high reward type players and scenarios than sign him to a contract of any size.
Old 04-25-2011, 01:52 AM   #22
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shananahan View Post
I hear your argument, but I'm still not buying it. There's a reason Talib is going to be released by a team that could use his talents, and I don't believe its because of money. Talib is a guy who is amazingly lucky to have gone this far in life with the brain inside his head, and I'd rather roll the dice on a dozen other high risk/high reward type players and scenarios than sign him to a contract of any size.
no doubt, he is getting released for reasons like Pacman getting released a few years ago. his off field crap is ruining his career. but sometimes a change of scenery and some veteran leaders can help a guy get his **** together. also, because of his off field issues, he can probabaly brought in cheap and possibly on a club friendly deal that gives the team options on releasing him without any further financial entanglements.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:25 AM   #23
THE719!
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

you can hate and make fun all you want Reggie will be a stud
Old 04-25-2011, 10:57 AM   #24
Al Wilson 4 Mayor
Solid Starter