|04-21-2011, 10:22 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Abu Dhabi
What I Learned from the 2011 OM Mock Draft
Here's some insight I got from participating in this year's Orange Mane Mock Draft. Am curious to hear from everyone else as well....
1. The running back depth in this draft is nuts! Why would any team take a back in the 1st round (or even the 2nd) when there's a good 20 backs of similar value to be had in rounds 3, 4, and 5? That's why Ingram's gonna slide to the 2nd in the real draft, IMHO.
2. The safety class is weak at the top, but intriguing in rounds 5, 6, and 7.... players like Deunta Williams, Jaiquawn Jarret, Mark Legree, and Davonte Shannon would all be great picks for Denver in the 6th round.
3. Everyone agrees that it's a great draft class for both DE and DT, but I think that it's even deeper than people realize. There's plenty of good defensive tackles to be had in the later rounds as well -- Denver needs to stock up, 'cause there's 20-25 defensive tackles in this draft better than anything they've currently got on the roster. (and no, I'm not exaggerating)
4. The cornerback class leaves me cold -- maybe it's just me, but even though it was a major need for the Steelers, I just couldn't find one I liked in any round (or even in the UDFA round). Eventually, I had to just throw up my hands and decide that we'd get one or two in free agency.... blehhh.
5. The tight ends suck this year. Even Kyle Rudolph. Suck, suck, suck.