The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #2126
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
It's HBO. They do not need a reason. And for balance they did start that scene with lesbian action.

Loved the Poderick/Tyrion scene, Tywin lecturing his grandson on what makes a good king over Joffrey's corpse and Daenryus' scene.

I don't care about balance. I care about emphasizing the actual plot as opposed to wasting time beating a dead horse just to crowbar in some more boobies and dick.

Arya and the Hound was terrific. The Wildling raid was awesome. Jaime raping Cersei was a touch different but that whole scene from Tywin on was awesome... their set for the Sept was simply unbelievable.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #2127
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Arya and the Hound was terrific. The Wildling raid was awesome. Jaime raping Cersei was a touch different but that whole scene from Tywin on was awesome... their set for the Sept was simply unbelievable.

The Jaimie Cersei scene kind of caught me off guard. It had been a while since I read the books but I don't remember that scene being rapey in the books. I went back and re-read it and I guess it was ambiguous enough that you could interpret it as rape. But, if the goal was to continue the redemption of the Jaimie Lanister character, they writers and directors just took a huge step backwards.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #2128
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The Jaimie Cersei scene kind of caught me off guard. It had been a while since I read the books but I don't remember that scene being rapey in the books. I went back and re-read it and I guess it was ambiguous enough that you could interpret it as rape. But, if the goal was to continue the redemption of the Jaimie Lanister character, they writers and directors just took a huge step backwards.
Agree with every word, but in terms of the show, there's still likely 6+ seasons worth of redemption
Old 04-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #2129
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
He raped Cersei though so it wasn't as bad.

Kings Landing is screwed. He just needs to learn to fight with Bronn then take off with Bri and insult each other, screw every now and then, and have adventures with her.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #2130
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I gotta be careful how I say this, but I didn't think Jaime really raped her - in the book or how they showed it. I know, "No means no, Khan" but she was kissing him back and her protests seemed more concerned with the fact they were in the sept than she didn't want to do it. It felt like a step in Jaime re-taking his mojo.

Also felt Lena Headey looked like Keira Knightly in that scene.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #2131
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

"There was too much character development in this one. Where is all the death? Yawn."
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #2132
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I gotta be careful how I say this, but I didn't think Jaime really raped her - in the book or how they showed it. I know, "No means no, Khan" but she was kissing him back and her protests seemed more concerned with the fact they were in the sept than she didn't want to do it. It felt like a step in Jaime re-taking his mojo.

Its going to be a controversial scene, no doubt. And regardless if you think it was rape or not, it is a whole lot worse looking in the TV show than it was in the book.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #2133
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Cersei wasn't raped. Her protests were due to them being next to their son's dead body.
She barely tried to stop him. Her harshest protests were when he was ripping her dress to make room for spearing her.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #2134
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Cersei wasn't raped. Her protests were due to them being next to their son's dead body.
She barely tried to stop him. Her harshest protests were when he was ripping her dress to make room for spearing her.
idk, it looked pretty rapey to me. Definitely much worst then what I remember from the book.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #2135
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
But, if the goal was to continue the redemption of the Jaimie Lanister character, they writers and directors just took a huge step backwards.
I think this was their attempt to balance him since they lack an inner-monologue to show that Jaime still is a pretty nasty guy. For quite awhile now he has been made to look too positive but I agree, this was an odd route to take.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #2136
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

I thought so too. The way her lower jaw was sticking out when she was talking at one point was identical to Knightly in POTC.

All in all I thought it was a good episode. There were some really strong scenes with the Wildlings, Dany, and the Hound\Arya. Of course nothing was going to match last week with Joffrey dying, but that was to be expected.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #2137
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Interesting developments in this episode.

Also remind me, who are the Judges for Tyrion's trial? Tywin Lannister and Oberyn, who else?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #2138
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

Also remind me, who are the Judges for Tyrion's trial? Tywin Lannister and Oberyn, who else?
Oleg?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #2139
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post

The bumbling Mace Tyrell
Old 04-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #2140
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
My thinking exactly. Jaime was becoming a good man in the eyes of many viewers. He was showing himself to be more than what he is thought of and that one scene, even though Cercei is a horrible person just destroyed his redemption story. Now he is again just the a-hole Jaime Lannister instead of the troubled good man.

Also Daario was a ****ing boss.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #2141
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
My thinking exactly. Jaime was becoming a good man in the eyes of many viewers. He was showing himself to be more than what he is thought of and that one scene, even though Cercei is a horrible person just destroyed his redemption story. Now he is again just the a-hole Jaime Lannister instead of the troubled good man.

Also Daario was a ****ing boss.
That was a cool scene, but I kind of wish they had kept Strong Belwas in the story line. That was a pretty funny part in the book.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #2142
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
That was a cool scene, but I kind of wish they had kept Strong Belwas in the story line. That was a pretty funny part in the book.
Strong Belwas is amazing and is one of the main reasons I always tell people to read the books if they enjoy the show. Sure, he's a minor character but goddam does he bring it.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #2143
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Strong Belwas is amazing and is one of the main reasons I always tell people to read the books if they enjoy the show. Sure, he's a minor character but goddam does he bring it.
The man likes his liver and onions.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #2144
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I must be missing something. He bored me. Maybe it's because that whole Dany segment he's in is boring and it bleeds into the characters for me too.
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #2145
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
True. Although I don't know how the viewing audience would have felt about a big fat guy dropping a deuce and then wiping his ass on on the cloak of the guy he just killed
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #2146
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
True. Although I don't know how the viewing audience would have felt about a big fat guy dropping a deuce and then wiping his ass on on the cloak of the guy he just killed
That would've been epic
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #2147
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
I must be missing something. He bored me. Maybe it's because that whole Dany segment he's in is boring and it bleeds into the characters for me too.
He was the only person that made 90 percent of the Dani chapters tolerable to me. Anyone who takes a dump on a guy's head after decapitating him gets my automatic attention for at least several books.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #2148
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

The whole switching actors for Daario still throws me for a loop.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #2149
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
I don't care about balance. I care about emphasizing the actual plot as opposed to wasting time beating a dead horse just to crowbar in some more boobies and dick.

NSFW LANGUAGE!!!

But pretty hilarious and accurate:

Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #2150
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

like someone said earlier, why so much emphasis on sam and gilly?
dammit, where are all the good boob scenes?

for those who didn't read the book, who poisoned the king? all fingers are pointing at tywin. he knows he can't control joeffery and he knows joeffery would be the doom of westeros. so he has him killed and molds his younger brother into the king he outta be.

im shocked that tywin is not protecting tyrion. he is after all a lannister.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote