The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 06:16 AM   #2126
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
It's HBO. They do not need a reason. And for balance they did start that scene with lesbian action.

Loved the Poderick/Tyrion scene, Tywin lecturing his grandson on what makes a good king over Joffrey's corpse and Daenryus' scene.

I don't care about balance. I care about emphasizing the actual plot as opposed to wasting time beating a dead horse just to crowbar in some more boobies and dick.

Arya and the Hound was terrific. The Wildling raid was awesome. Jaime raping Cersei was a touch different but that whole scene from Tywin on was awesome... their set for the Sept was simply unbelievable.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:22 AM   #2127
v2micca
Ring of Famer
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
Richard III was a field guide.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Arya and the Hound was terrific. The Wildling raid was awesome. Jaime raping Cersei was a touch different but that whole scene from Tywin on was awesome... their set for the Sept was simply unbelievable.

The Jaimie Cersei scene kind of caught me off guard. It had been a while since I read the books but I don't remember that scene being rapey in the books. I went back and re-read it and I guess it was ambiguous enough that you could interpret it as rape. But, if the goal was to continue the redemption of the Jaimie Lanister character, they writers and directors just took a huge step backwards.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #2128
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The Jaimie Cersei scene kind of caught me off guard. It had been a while since I read the books but I don't remember that scene being rapey in the books. I went back and re-read it and I guess it was ambiguous enough that you could interpret it as rape. But, if the goal was to continue the redemption of the Jaimie Lanister character, they writers and directors just took a huge step backwards.
Agree with every word, but in terms of the show, there's still likely 6+ seasons worth of redemption
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:06 AM   #2129
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 14,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The Jaimie Cersei scene kind of caught me off guard. It had been a while since I read the books but I don't remember that scene being rapey in the books. I went back and re-read it and I guess it was ambiguous enough that you could interpret it as rape. But, if the goal was to continue the redemption of the Jaimie Lanister character, they writers and directors just took a huge step backwards.
He raped Cersei though so it wasn't as bad.

Kings Landing is screwed. He just needs to learn to fight with Bronn then take off with Bri and insult each other, screw every now and then, and have adventures with her.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 AM   #2130
Kaylore
Because I am better
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
Everything

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 46,751

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

I gotta be careful how I say this, but I didn't think Jaime really raped her - in the book or how they showed it. I know, "No means no, Khan" but she was kissing him back and her protests seemed more concerned with the fact they were in the sept than she didn't want to do it. It felt like a step in Jaime re-taking his mojo.

Also felt Lena Headey looked like Keira Knightly in that scene.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:56 AM   #2131
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
All Hail King Midas

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 50,532

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

"There was too much character development in this one. Where is all the death? Yawn."
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:05 AM   #2132
v2micca
Ring of Famer
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
Richard III was a field guide.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I gotta be careful how I say this, but I didn't think Jaime really raped her - in the book or how they showed it. I know, "No means no, Khan" but she was kissing him back and her protests seemed more concerned with the fact they were in the sept than she didn't want to do it. It felt like a step in Jaime re-taking his mojo.

Also felt Lena Headey looked like Keira Knightly in that scene.

Its going to be a controversial scene, no doubt. And regardless if you think it was rape or not, it is a whole lot worse looking in the TV show than it was in the book.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #2133
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,281
Default

Cersei wasn't raped. Her protests were due to them being next to their son's dead body.
She barely tried to stop him. Her harshest protests were when he was ripping her dress to make room for spearing her.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:28 AM   #2134
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Cersei wasn't raped. Her protests were due to them being next to their son's dead body.
She barely tried to stop him. Her harshest protests were when he was ripping her dress to make room for spearing her.
idk, it looked pretty rapey to me. Definitely much worst then what I remember from the book.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #2135
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
But, if the goal was to continue the redemption of the Jaimie Lanister character, they writers and directors just took a huge step backwards.
I think this was their attempt to balance him since they lack an inner-monologue to show that Jaime still is a pretty nasty guy. For quite awhile now he has been made to look too positive but I agree, this was an odd route to take.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:49 AM   #2136
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,933

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Also felt Lena Headey looked like Keira Knightly in that scene.
I thought so too. The way her lower jaw was sticking out when she was talking at one point was identical to Knightly in POTC.

All in all I thought it was a good episode. There were some really strong scenes with the Wildlings, Dany, and the Hound\Arya. Of course nothing was going to match last week with Joffrey dying, but that was to be expected.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:02 AM   #2137
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,843

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Interesting developments in this episode.

Also remind me, who are the Judges for Tyrion's trial? Tywin Lannister and Oberyn, who else?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:09 AM   #2138
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,110

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Interesting developments in this episode.

Also remind me, who are the Judges for Tyrion's trial? Tywin Lannister and Oberyn, who else?
Oleg?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #2139
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Interesting developments in this episode.

Also remind me, who are the Judges for Tyrion's trial? Tywin Lannister and Oberyn, who else?
The bumbling Mace Tyrell
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:49 AM   #2140
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,442

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The Jaimie Cersei scene kind of caught me off guard. It had been a while since I read the books but I don't remember that scene being rapey in the books. I went back and re-read it and I guess it was ambiguous enough that you could interpret it as rape. But, if the goal was to continue the redemption of the Jaimie Lanister character, they writers and directors just took a huge step backwards.
My thinking exactly. Jaime was becoming a good man in the eyes of many viewers. He was showing himself to be more than what he is thought of and that one scene, even though Cercei is a horrible person just destroyed his redemption story. Now he is again just the a-hole Jaime Lannister instead of the troubled good man.

Also Daario was a ****ing boss.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:53 AM   #2141
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
My thinking exactly. Jaime was becoming a good man in the eyes of many viewers. He was showing himself to be more than what he is thought of and that one scene, even though Cercei is a horrible person just destroyed his redemption story. Now he is again just the a-hole Jaime Lannister instead of the troubled good man.

Also Daario was a ****ing boss.
That was a cool scene, but I kind of wish they had kept Strong Belwas in the story line. That was a pretty funny part in the book.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #2142
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
That was a cool scene, but I kind of wish they had kept Strong Belwas in the story line. That was a pretty funny part in the book.
Strong Belwas is amazing and is one of the main reasons I always tell people to read the books if they enjoy the show. Sure, he's a minor character but goddam does he bring it.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #2143
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,170
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Strong Belwas is amazing and is one of the main reasons I always tell people to read the books if they enjoy the show. Sure, he's a minor character but goddam does he bring it.
The man likes his liver and onions.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #2144
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Strong Belwas is amazing and is one of the main reasons I always tell people to read the books if they enjoy the show. Sure, he's a minor character but goddam does he bring it.
I must be missing something. He bored me. Maybe it's because that whole Dany segment he's in is boring and it bleeds into the characters for me too.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 PM   #2145
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer
 
BroncoMan4ever's Avatar
 
That's just like your opinion, man

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 13,442

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
That was a cool scene, but I kind of wish they had kept Strong Belwas in the story line. That was a pretty funny part in the book.
True. Although I don't know how the viewing audience would have felt about a big fat guy dropping a deuce and then wiping his ass on on the cloak of the guy he just killed
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #2146
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 542
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
True. Although I don't know how the viewing audience would have felt about a big fat guy dropping a deuce and then wiping his ass on on the cloak of the guy he just killed
That would've been epic
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #2147
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 784

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I must be missing something. He bored me. Maybe it's because that whole Dany segment he's in is boring and it bleeds into the characters for me too.
He was the only person that made 90 percent of the Dani chapters tolerable to me. Anyone who takes a dump on a guy's head after decapitating him gets my automatic attention for at least several books.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #2148
elsid13
Lost In Space
 
elsid13's Avatar
 
Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: DC
Posts: 19,851
Default

The whole switching actors for Daario still throws me for a loop.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #2149
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,004

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I don't care about balance. I care about emphasizing the actual plot as opposed to wasting time beating a dead horse just to crowbar in some more boobies and dick.

Arya and the Hound was terrific. The Wildling raid was awesome. Jaime raping Cersei was a touch different but that whole scene from Tywin on was awesome... their set for the Sept was simply unbelievable.
NSFW LANGUAGE!!!

But pretty hilarious and accurate:

Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:38 AM   #2150
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murphy TX
Posts: 1,622

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter
Default

like someone said earlier, why so much emphasis on sam and gilly?
dammit, where are all the good boob scenes?

for those who didn't read the book, who poisoned the king? all fingers are pointing at tywin. he knows he can't control joeffery and he knows joeffery would be the doom of westeros. so he has him killed and molds his younger brother into the king he outta be.

im shocked that tywin is not protecting tyrion. he is after all a lannister.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:19 AM.


Denver Broncos