The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2014, 07:11 PM   #2051
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

WOOOOOOO!!!!! That death was so so so delicious. That little punk deserved far worse though.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 08:52 PM   #2052
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Awesome episode 2!!!

Agreed with lestat, should have been more slower and painful.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:08 PM   #2053
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Books 8-10 were rough.

I have my suspicions that his wife (an editor at Tor) made him drag it out since the series is such a cash cow. After all, it was intended to be 12 books long and we're finally hitting the end when they release #14 at the start of next year
I have nowvread book 1-8 twice and each time I completely lost interest. He should have made it an 8 book series.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:25 PM   #2054
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Awesome episode 2!!!

Agreed with lestat, should have been more slower and painful.

For Joffrey that one minute stretches on forever. That is his hell.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 09:57 PM   #2055
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
For Joffrey that one minute stretches on forever. That is his hell.

But that little bastard was so evil that it was far too good for him to die so quickly. It is rare that I hate a character so much. But he just makes my blood boil.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 10:38 PM   #2056
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
But that little bastard was so evil that it was far too good for him to die so quickly. It is rare that I hate a character so much. But he just makes my blood boil.

And he died in the correct way. Agonizingly. Slowly. His entire world became the inability to draw air in. He panicked. Sound faded, color faded. All the pain and misery he inflicted was returned to him 1000 fold. For us his death was too short. For him, he experienced choking on his own blood.

That is what I meant by his eternity and hell. He died with the fear and panic and hopelessness he gave to others. Its the good time/horrible time dynamic. When you are having fun, it is too short. When you are miserable, it drags. It dragged for Joffrey.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #2057
BroncsRule
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer81 View Post
And he died in the correct way. Agonizingly. Slowly. His entire world became the inability to draw air in. He panicked. Sound faded, color faded. All the pain and misery he inflicted was returned to him 1000 fold. For us his death was too short. For him, he experienced choking on his own blood.

That is what I meant by his eternity and hell. He died with the fear and panic and hopelessness he gave to others. Its the good time/horrible time dynamic. When you are having fun, it is too short. When you are miserable, it drags. It dragged for Joffrey.

One can certainly hope.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:38 PM   #2058
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
They seem to be accelerating Bran's story line at an almost break-neck pace compared to the books. They have him en route to the cave in ep. 4-2 (tonight), which doesn't happen in the books until Dance. If they're not careful, they will run Bran & Co. right up to the "present" - and have nothing for him to do for 2 + years, waiting for the other threads to catch up. (And for GRRM to publish, of course. Not a good business model, based on his track record.)
good, then we won't have to waste any more time on his poor man's frodo baggins story arc
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:17 AM   #2059
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
good, then we won't have to waste any more time on his poor man's frodo baggins story arc
Agreed. Of all the storylines going on, Bran's is the only one I really don't care about. I just think he along with Jon is going to wind up being one of the dragon riders with Danaerys.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:22 AM   #2060
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Honestly, I'm just glad that they finally got the Purple Wedding storyline out of the way. There are a ton of storylines that have just been idling while waiting for this particular thread to conclude. A lot of dominoes should start falling in the coming weeks.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #2061
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Honestly, I'm just glad that they finally got the Purple Wedding storyline out of the way. There are a ton of storylines that have just been idling while waiting for this particular thread to conclude. A lot of dominoes should start falling in the coming weeks.
It is Storm of Swords. This is where Martin breaks everything. Feast of Crows is when he picks up the pieces.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #2062
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It is Storm of Swords. This is where Martin breaks everything. Feast of Crows is when he picks up the pieces.
So are they in "Storm of Swords" or "Feast of Crows" right now?
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:46 AM   #2063
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

That was satisfying to see that little b**** go down. I would have done it a long time ago, but included his mother in the game.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:47 AM   #2064
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
I gotta agree.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #2065
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Just in case anyone NOT reading the books didn't catch it, here's a hilariously accurate depiction of the poisoning:

http://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

Courtesy of Reddit
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:01 AM   #2066
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
So are they in "Storm of Swords" or "Feast of Crows" right now?
We're in Storm right now and will be through the rest of this season.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:09 AM   #2067
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

That episode just confirmed how terrible of an actress Lena Headey can be. Cersei was terrible there. In the book she rivaled Catelyn Stark. In this episode it seemed more like Tyrion ate the last donut which she wanted.

Also, I don't know what's going on with the Shae thing but I'm not liking it.

With all that said, Margaery Tyrell, Geoffrey, and Tyrion all were amazing at the wedding. Jack Gleeson was amazing in his role and had a huge part in advancing the series so I could see his death putting a damper on the ratings for a bit until Ramsey and Roose take the reigns as the people everyone loves to hate.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:57 AM   #2068
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Yup, loved how that piece of necklace was missing (just like in the book). Figured it was another thing for us readers to sit back and enjoy.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #2069
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
That episode just confirmed how terrible of an actress Lena Headey can be. Cersei was terrible there. In the book she rivaled Catelyn Stark. In this episode it seemed more like Tyrion ate the last donut which she wanted.
Lena Headey has been a disappointment to me as Cersei since the series began. She's not a rage and hate filled firestorm like she is in the books. Headey plays her like each loss is just a moderate disappointment that was completely expected and either it doesn't REALLY matter or she's going to pretend it didn't out of spite. She seems to whisper all her lines and is constantly hunched over like a cold old woman. I made this point earlier in the the thread and ever ripped on me saying she was perfect blah, blah, blah.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:54 PM   #2070
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

A co-worker of mine missed the show last night because her Mom got attacked by two pitbulls earlier that day. I called her to talk about the episode, and instead, we ended up talking about what had happened to her poor mother. I feel so terrible for her.

Then I realized that she would be wanting to watch the episode soon to take her mind off of all this... I had to send her a warning about the Ramsey Snow hunting scene... I can't even imagine how she'd take that scene right now...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 01:59 PM   #2071
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post

Also, I don't know what's going on with the Shae thing but I'm not liking it.

With all that said, Margaery Tyrell, Geoffrey, and Tyrion all were amazing at the wedding. Jack Gleeson was amazing in his role and had a huge part in advancing the series so I could see his death putting a damper on the ratings for a bit until Ramsey and Roose take the reigns as the people everyone loves to hate.
She's a B actress at best(aways has been)...even what she did last night was aweful

Last edited by Garcia Bronco; 04-14-2014 at 02:01 PM..
Old 04-14-2014, 02:14 PM   #2072
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Just in case anyone NOT reading the books didn't catch it, here's a hilariously accurate depiction of the poisoning:

http://imgur.com/gallery/0EQr6

Courtesy of Reddit
So the crystal was poisonous? I figured it was the queens mother who somehow poisoned him but having not read the books I wasn't sure. I'm glad Joffrey is dead, have NEVER hated a character on a show that much. Wish it had been slower, but I agree with Archer. That one or 2 minutes of choking on his own blood probably seemed like a lifetime to Joffrey. Can't wait to see what happens next.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #2073
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Or better yet his b**** mother....everything...and I mean everything wrong with that country's leadership is a direct result of his mother ****ing it up...with her brother....lol
Old 04-14-2014, 02:48 PM   #2074
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Lena Headey has been a disappointment to me as Cersei since the series began. She's not a rage and hate filled firestorm like she is in the books. Headey plays her like each loss is just a moderate disappointment that was completely expected and either it doesn't REALLY matter or she's going to pretend it didn't out of spite. She seems to whisper all her lines and is constantly hunched over like a cold old woman. I made this point earlier in the the thread and ever ripped on me saying she was perfect blah, blah, blah.

I think Headley plays the role well enough. Her anger and rage seems to me at least to be always JUST contained. Like it's taking all of her energy to not completely and utterly fly off the handle.

Her reaction to Joffrey choking out felt like the dam burst. I expect her to go full on crazy town. I do think that the actress who played Cat Stark did a better job of conveying the character. Headley's is not wrong, but not as forceful as it can be. At least to this point.

Old 04-14-2014, 02:53 PM   #2075
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Or better yet his b**** mother....everything...and I mean everything wrong with that country's leadership is a direct result of his mother ****ing it up...with her brother....lol

The Lannisters/Baratheons are what the Targaryens were. History is a cycle. Siblings popping off kids and the madness of inbred kings. King's Landing is as subtle about the corrupting influence of power as a nuclear bomb going off is considered a little warm.