The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 10:54 PM   #2001
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
What did y'all think? Arya has turned into a cold little b****, and I'm thinking this homosexual prince may crack some skulls this season. A great season opener IMO.
Oberyn is awesome!
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #2002
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Oberyn is awesome!
He seems like an IMMEDIATE threat, he wouldn't walk in there looking to F **** **** up, acting like he owned the place without a large army waiting in the wings? Dude is TOO ballsy. Keep in mind I've never read the books.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:59 PM   #2003
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Something I need spoiled: Do we ever get to see an Arya and Needle reunion?
Victory!
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:18 AM   #2004
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I had serious doubts about the casting of the Red Viper, but the actor nails it. Glad to see Arya's storyline moving along nicely. Was disappointed to not see Bran & crew.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:34 AM   #2005
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
He seems like an IMMEDIATE threat, he wouldn't walk in there looking to F **** **** up, acting like he owned the place without a large army waiting in the wings? Dude is TOO ballsy. Keep in mind I've never read the books.
I don't want to be the dick that ruins what is to come for you. Just know Oberyn is awesome. Wasn't too sure about the casting for the character originally, but the dude nailed it.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #2006
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
I agree...The worst Stark of the lot was the mother...almost as bad Cersi. Cersi is just better at being sneaky
Cersei is just an over-protective mother who likely has some form of paranoid schizophrenia stemming from her Maggie the Frog encounter when she was younger.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:04 AM   #2007
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Glad to see GOT progressing.

This should be a very interesting year!

Wife and I had watched the first three, and over the weekend we watched every episode again to refresh our memory. Also, it was informative as there were some things that we missed the first time through. Small details that are important.

I have read the first 4 books. I stopped there ( although I have book five) since the series plot line diverged from the books a bit and knowing too much of what lies ahead spoils the TV series a bit. I will probably read it now, and hope to hell that Martin actually finishes the books before much longer, as he is getting older. I guess he is near to releasing book six of the seven.

HBO has a huge hit with this , but they also had better finish the series. With two more books to be written, I assume they can stretch it out for 5-6 more years, but the public is fickle and may start to lose interest. The more popular the series gets, the more expensive it will be to produce ( actors and general costs go up), and they are not about losing money. I would hate to see it farmed to TNT, CW or something if HBO pulls the plug.

The actors are also aging in real time, and sooner or later one of the important characters may die off for real before Martin kills them in the books, or HBO in the series. While that can be overcome it would detract from the series.

Enjoyed last nights show.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:14 AM   #2008
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Thoughts on Season 4, ep 1:

They had an awful lot of table-setting to accomplish and managed to get more of that done than I'd have thought possible, and still managed to finish with a great action scene.

I can't say I was rattled by Arya's "loss of innocence." This girl has been reciting her hit list every night and day for about two seasons now. Was anyone really surprised that she'd take an opportunity to carry part of it out? She's been on that path for a long time now.

The Hound was awesome. Like Jaime Lannister, he's a guy who starts on the wrong side of the fence (and with a huge creep factor), and now he's worth rooting for.

And, after getting the snot kicked out of them for about 23 episodes, it was nice to see the "good guys" (other than Dary) finally put one in the net.

The dragons are looking good.

Just when you think things can't get much worse at the Wall, meet the Thenns. (And Janos Slynt in a position of power). This is going to be sweet.

Looks like the PW will be next week.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 05:28 AM   #2009
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Agree OD.

Further, Arya has been a literal killer since season/book one. If you count Jaqen as the vessel, she's killed a LOT.

The Thenns were visually terrific.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:30 AM   #2010
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I guess the Red Wedding didn't turn off viewers after all.

6.6 million viewers for premier - highest for any HBO episode since Sopranos finale.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#axzz2yIbkapFl
Old 04-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #2011
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I guess the Red Wedding didn't turn off viewers after all.

6.6 million viewers for premier - highest for any HBO episode since Sopranos finale.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...#axzz2yIbkapFl
Considering it's a pay service and pirates watching streams were likely through the roof, I think >10 million is pretty realistic.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:35 AM   #2012
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

finally got to watch it, since every time i turned it on my little girl want to watch with me.... maybe not a good idea.

anyways, here are my thoughts

interesting to see the interaction between Jaime and Joeffry. Why didn't Jaime call out the Joeffry running to his mom when he claimed he singled handily held off Stannis.

Red Viper is a hot head and looks to have to skills to keep him alive. However, with him directly threatening Tywin, maybe its not too smart. No need to make your intentions public, especially with Tywin.

Why was house Martell invited knowing the rift between them the Lannisters.

It sucked that we didn't see the status of Yara rescue of her brother.

I am happy i didn't have to see Bran... that story line is just too long and boring. get to the wall already and do something.

whatever happen to the original actor for Daario Naharis? The new actor so far isn't a worthy replacement.

danny is looking sexier

the best part is the interaction between the hound and Arya. i am thinking i have to rewatch that scene in the bar with the chicken.

Last edited by SleepingTiger; 04-08-2014 at 06:40 AM..
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 06:37 AM   #2013
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Considering it's a pay service and pirates watching streams were likely through the roof, I think >10 million is pretty realistic.
well not really, HBO had a free weekend to kick off game of thrones s4. instead of watching crappy streams, i watched s4 ep01 for free and i am sure many others did as well.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #2014
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Interesting thing happened in the show. I mean... a lot more interesting than how a casual comment gave even more credence to the R+L=J theory (which was pretty apparent by this point for the readers anyway).

When Daario gives Dany the 3 flowers they likely represented the 3 riders. Jon in the blue rose, Dany the white flower and the red... a hint that riding a dragon is in the future of Tyrion (or maybe Jaime, though it's slanted more toward Tyrion, imo).

Slanted toward Tyrion evidence:

- Jon, Dany and Tyrion all killed their mothers in birth.
- Jon, Dany and Tyrion all have unique circumstances regarding lineage.
- Plenty of references indicating the Mad King's boner for Lady Lannister
- Tywin to Tyrion "Since I cannot prove you are not mine".

Conclusion: Dany the last dragon? Lulz... it has three-heads you silly girl.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:06 AM   #2015
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Interesting thing happened in the show. I mean... a lot more interesting than how a casual comment gave even more credence to the R+L=J theory (which was pretty apparent by this point for the readers anyway).

When Daario gives Dany the 3 flowers they likely represented the 3 riders. Jon in the blue rose, Dany the white flower and the red... a hint that riding a dragon is in the future of Tyrion (or maybe Jaime, though it's slanted more toward Tyrion, imo).

Slanted toward Tyrion evidence:

- Jon, Dany and Tyrion all killed their mothers in birth.
- Jon, Dany and Tyrion all have unique circumstances regarding lineage.
- Plenty of references indicating the Mad King's boner for Lady Lannister
- Tywin to Tyrion "Since I cannot prove you are not mine".

Conclusion: Dany the last dragon? Lulz... it has three-heads you silly girl.
The show doesn't make Tyrion seem as obvious as the possible third rider as the books. A big piece missing is the inner dialogue we get to hear. It makes Tyrion much more interesting. Dinklage does a great job trying to express it with just his acting, and he's obviously one of the favorite characters of the show, but he has an ever stronger presence and I think he's more heavily considered in the readers' minds in the books.

I like Pedro Pascal's portrayal of the Red Viper. It's different than how I read him, but only because the actor isn't exactly as I imagined the Red Viper (probably because of the fan art out there.) Anyway, he marries the tendencies of the book with the personality and behavior of the actor well. It's a good interpretation.

Last edited by Kaylore; 04-08-2014 at 07:08 AM..
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:06 AM   #2016
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
interesting to see the interaction between Jaime and Joeffry. Why didn't Jaime call out the Joeffry running to his mom when he claimed he singled handily held off Stannis.
Jaime wasn’t present when that happened. Even assuming he was informed, he usually avoids getting too nasty with Joff, for a variety of reasons. He’s already on complicated ice due to the allegations that Joff is his son (which he knows to be true, but which Joff utterly rejects). Second, he doesn’t want to get on Cersei’s bad side. Third, he doesn’t want to get booted off the King’s Guard. Joff’s conduct is a big bag of worms for him and he’s going to use more discretion than he usually does when it comes to bickering with the little psycho. Sidenote: This conversation never happened in the books because Jamie was still on his way to King’s Landing when the wedding preps were in progress.
Quote:

Red Viper is a hot head and looks to have to skills to keep him alive. However, with him directly threatening Tywin, maybe its not too smart. No need to make your intentions public, especially with Tywin.
IIRC, it was a little more subtle in the books. They probably made this more obvious in the show to save time, because they are moving forward at a fairly fast pace by comparison.

Quote:
Why was house Martell invited knowing the rift between them the Lannisters.
The thing to remember about House Martell is that they have a rift with just about everyone. Oby’s sister was in line to become the queen of all Westeros. Robert’s Rebellion ended all of that, so they had no love for any of the Baratheons, including Robert, Stannis and Renly. Ned Stark was part of that as well. And while the Viper is angry at Tywin and the other Lannisters, most of his immediate rage is directed at Gregor Clegane, who is the guy who actually raped and murdered his sister and butchered her children.

The problem is that, after Robert’s Rebellion, the Martells simply lacked the firepower to do anything about any of this. They couldn’t go to war with any chance of winning. They were mostly in survival mode. In Season 2, when we had the war begin between Renly, Joff and Robb, both Renly and Tyrion (acting as King’s Hand for Joff) tried to mend fences with the Martells. This is why Tyrion sent Joff’s sister to the Martell’s for a marriage alliance. While the Martells didn’t rush to the aid of King’s Landing, they didn’t throw in with Renly (or later, Stannis, either.)

Now that the Starks are decimated and Stannis is on the ropes, the Lannisters figure it’s as good a time as any to finish the fence-mending with the Martells.

Also, keep in mind that the Viper is not the head of the Martell family. He’s not even second in line. So we don’t really know at this point (from the show) if the others carry quite as much of a grudge. And even if they do, they may have their own plans for future revenge.

Quote:
It sucked that we didn't see the status of Yara rescue of her brother.
There are a lot of changes from the book regarding this particular subplot, both in detail and timing. At this particular point in the books, we didn’t even know if Theon was still alive. I do think we might get an update on this stuff in episode 2.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #2017
yerner
Ring of Famer

this show moves so ****ing slow.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:27 AM   #2018
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Jaime wasnít present when that happened. Even assuming he was informed, he usually avoids getting too nasty with Joff, for a variety of reasons. Heís already on complicated ice due to the allegations that Joff is his son (which he knows to be true, but which Joff utterly rejects). Second, he doesnít want to get on Cerseiís bad side. Third, he doesnít want to get booted off the Kingís Guard. Joffís conduct is a big bag of worms for him and heís going to use more discretion than he usually does when it comes to bickering with the little psycho. Sidenote: This conversation never happened in the books because Jamie was still on his way to Kingís Landing when the wedding preps were in progress.
I guess you're right, I don't see Tyrion showing much precaution when it comes to Joeffry. Of all people, Tyrion doesn't really have anyone on his side. I loved it when Tyrion b**** slapped Joeffry twice. I am not sure if Cersei wouldn't mind Jaime confronting Joeffry. Remember when Joff wanted Rob stark head presented to Sansa, Tyrion said no and Cersei cided with the imp.

Quote:
The thing to remember about House Martell is that they have a rift with just about everyone. Obyís sister was in line to become the queen of all Westeros. Robertís Rebellion ended all of that, so they had no love for any of the Baratheons, including Robert, Stannis and Renly. Ned Stark was part of that as well. And while the Viper is angry at Tywin and the other Lannisters, most of his immediate rage is directed at Gregor Clegane, who is the guy who actually raped and murdered his sister and butchered her children.
Yes, he has much hate toward Gregor. However, his hate for Lannister according to the show is much worse. Gregor is just a puppet, but Tywin and the arrogance of the Lannisters is what he hates. He even pointed out that Gregor carried out orders from Tywin.

Quote:
Also, keep in mind that the Viper is not the head of the Martell family. Heís not even second in line. So we donít really know at this point (from the show) if the others carry quite as much of a grudge. And even if they do, they may have their own plans for future revenge.
all these houses, i can't tell who is who. i do remember Tyrion shipping off Cerseis daughter for marraige, i just don't know where.

Quote:
There are a lot of changes from the book regarding this particular subplot, both in detail and timing. At this particular point in the books, we didnít even know if Theon was still alive. I do think we might get an update on this stuff in episode 2.
screw theon, he should of already been dead. he is only good at raiding fishing villages and is an idiot. how he is still alive is incredible.
yara, for some reason i think she's hot. we need to see her in battle.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:05 AM   #2019
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Arya didn't shock me at all. I expected this to take place last season.
It has been building for quite some time since she was rattling off the personal hit list.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #2020
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
whatever happen to the original actor for Daario Naharis? The new actor so far isn't a worthy replacement.
There was backlash against the casting because he was considered way too pretty for the part. Then he got offered the chance to replace Jason Statham or whatever his name is in the next Transporter movie and he jumped at it.

With that said, the new one looks much more like the one described in the book but doesn't have the smugness that the original actor had (which is like the books). So no net gain here.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:22 AM   #2021
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Something is about to happen to Tyrion, one of the maids saw Shae walk out of the room. That and his "wife" is being very quiet, she's up to something.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:24 AM   #2022
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
There was backlash against the casting because he was considered way too pretty for the part. Then he got offered the chance to replace Jason Statham or whatever his name is in the next Transporter movie and he jumped at it.

With that said, the new one looks much more like the one described in the book but doesn't have the smugness that the original actor had (which is like the books). So no net gain here.
Them purple beards tho?
Old 04-08-2014, 10:33 AM   #2023
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Favorite scene of episode one.

Hate having to wait another week for the next episode. BULL****!
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:37 AM   #2024
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Hate having to wait another week for the next episode. BULL****!
If only more of the plot were written down somewhere...
Old 04-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #2025
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

At least Sandor got chicken. Leeroy Jenkins would be impressed.