The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-25-2014, 02:35 PM   #1951
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Yeah it's possible Aerys is their dad.

According to the Ragnarok theory OD posted a ways back, Jaime is the PwwP.

Would be simply awesome.
With his character arc I would assume he's going to play an important role in the finale. I hope its a tragic redemption story honestly. One where Jamie "the king slayer" gives his life to save whom ever it is that is going to bring this chaos to order, thereby restoring his honor and completing his arc.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:39 PM   #1952
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:

Would be simply awesome.
I think Jaime and Cersei are Targs and Tyrion is a true Lannister. This explains the insanity and seems like something Martin would do. That or none of them are, as the ultimate "Aha! The Lannisters got boned after all!" move.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #1953
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

RIP Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

So I'm a little late to the party but this series is AMAZING! Halfway through ACoK. Will watch season 2 once I've finished the book. I'm officially done reading series that aren't completed though. I'll have read the rest of the books in another week or two. Didn't GRRM's publisher say that TWoW "certainly won't be published before 2015"? Not sure I can handle that. And that means we're looking at waiting til '18/'19 for the series to be wrapped up. And I swear to ****ing God, if this guy croaks before he finishes it.......

I can only handle one Frank Herbert in my life. We should start an EKG fund or something. Maybe everyone pitch in for nutrisystem.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:33 PM   #1954
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Or - AA and PwwP are, in the end - just ancient prophesies that will never be literally fulfilled.

Just old stories to frighten children, and warp the brains of fanboys with too much time on their hands.

GRRM is a huge history buff, after all. Virtually all historical prophesies are never fulfilled.

Last edited by BroncsRule; 04-25-2014 at 10:15 PM..
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 11:48 PM   #1955
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
What about Jamie? Isn't there some disconnect as to whether or not he and Cersei are acctually Tiwans children? I thought Kevan Lannister was alluding to that fact when he was talking to someone in ADWD.
I don't recall anything Kevan said about that, but Selmy, at one point, suggested that the Mad King was lusty for Tywin's bride/wife and that he exercised some sort of royal privilege that allowed him to bone her on Tywin's wedding night.

If so, then it's possible that the twins are really Targ offspring, which makes it really ironic that Tyrion would be Tywin's only biological heir.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:08 AM   #1956
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:

Would be simply awesome.
I don't buy it. Why would Tywin be so attached to them if they were Aerys bastards?
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:21 AM   #1957
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

X-FACTOR

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I don't recall anything Kevan said about that, but Selmy, at one point, suggested that the Mad King was lusty for Tywin's bride/wife and that he exercised some sort of royal privilege that allowed him to bone her on Tywin's wedding night.

If so, then it's possible that the twins are really Targ offspring, which makes it really ironic that Tyrion would be Tywin's only biological heir.
The white knight chose his words with care. “Prince Aerys … as a youth, he was taken with a certain lady of Casterly Rock, a cousin of Tywin Lannister. When she and Tywin wed, your father drank too much wine at the wedding feast and was heard to say that it was a great pity that the lord’s right to the first night had been abolished. A drunken jape, no more, but Tywin Lannister was not a man to forget such words, or the … the liberties your father took during the bedding.” His face reddened. “I have said too much, Your Grace. I—”
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:32 AM   #1958
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
I think you missed something. The idea is that Azar Ahi is supposed to be a champion of Rhollar, and therefore a fire focused individual. So, Jon being ice and fire wouldn't be that person.
Or maybe just the same prophecy being interpreted from the point of view of two (or more) different "religious" beliefs. I honestly try to not delve too deep into fan fiction and speculation, as I've found future fictional reality always pales in comparison to the imagination of our current collective consciousness.

Wheel of Time is a good example. Dune as well, even though Herbert died fifteen years before I read his books, I felt like I was missing a hand after Chapterhouse.

Last edited by myMind; 04-26-2014 at 12:38 AM..
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 09:04 AM   #1959
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think the reason Selmy suddenly gets closed-mouthed is more likely because he doesn't feel like telling Dany that her dad raped some woman on her wedding night.

As for Tywin's attitude, even if the rape occurred, he wouldn't necessarily know whether it resulted in pregnancy or not. It's not as if they had DNA tests. And, presumably, Tywin would be bopping his wife on a regular basis anyway, so, at least from his perspective, the odds would be highly in favor of the twins being his offspring.

What Tywin doesn't take into account is that he's a character in George Martin novel, which means that, when it comes to things like this, the most awful possibility is usually the most likely.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:14 AM   #1960
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post

I remember the chapter I was thinking of now, and I acctually believe it was Kevans wife talking to Jamie before the seige of River run. I'm at work now, but I'll see if I can't find it later.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #1961
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

BTW, on further consideration, I agree with Rev that the whole mission to Craster's Keep is probably the last nail in the coffin for a Coldhands appearance.

It also appears from next week's preview that this is all going to be resolved well before the battle on the wall.
Old 04-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #1962
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:

Would be borderline impossible to take Euron and Victarion out. I fully expect Dany to use Vic's fleet to land in Westeros and Euron clearly has huge significance moving forward.
I hope you're right about this. Again, I'm guessing that they'll want at least one, if not two, pretty solid actors to play these roles and it would be hard to commit those kinds of people to bit roles in Season 4.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #1963
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I don't buy it. Why would Tywin be so attached to them if they were Aerys bastards?
two reasons.

1. He honestly doesn't know.

2. They're born "Lannisters" and if his loyalty to the family name would stop him from throwing Tyrion into the ocean as a baby, he'd probably live with two twins.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #1964
DivineLegion

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
two reasons.

1. He honestly doesn't know.

2. They're born "Lannisters" and if his loyalty to the family name would stop him from throwing Tyrion into the ocean as a baby, he'd probably live with two twins.
There is also a matter of pride. Two reasons, one he doesn't want to admit they are not his, and two, coupled with that, he's ashamed that the only offspring of his loins turned out to be a monster, so by claiming them he's saving face.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 04-27-2014 at 07:22 PM..
Old 04-27-2014, 06:59 PM   #1965
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

What the hell did I just watch
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:04 PM   #1966
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Jesus christ...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:16 PM   #1967
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Well that was interesting.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #1968
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Interesting. Very interesting.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 07:42 PM   #1969
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

I don't remember ANY of that from the books (in terms of the rangers/bran/walkers bit)...did I have a complete brain fart, or are there some pretty large liberties being taken??
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:14 PM   #1970
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Re: the Others/White Walkers/whatever the **** that was supposed to be at the end, I think we just saw the first bit of newer content that came from the show. That is, the show showed something before GRRM explained it in the books.

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about it.

And the whole Craster's/Bran **** is stupid, but Bran only has three chapters after ASOS. They need filler content or else the character risks falling by the wayside. Empty calories for book readers. I'm just pissed that they're probably going to cut out Coldhands though.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:39 PM   #1971
yerner
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Sanchize

i dunno, there are just too many story lines to make this a great television show, the pace is tedious since the first season. just lots of rape and torture scenes and long gazing looks at people riding away on horses. seriously, some of this has been going on since season two. get to it already.
yerner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #1972
Baba Booey

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Welp:

http://viewers-guide.hbo.com/game-of...sode-4/home/34

Old 04-27-2014, 09:15 PM   #1973
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

This episode is a huuuge departure from the source material. Marg/Tommen, Bran somehow at crasters (da****)? Ghost captured? Seeing ANY backstory on the others.

Im not sure how to feel about this. I know they are just trying to flesh out the plot of the books, but damn. I mean, are Jon and Bran going to see each other?
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:30 PM   #1974
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

So this must be material that is/was going to be introduced or revealed in future books. It confirms the Night's King is still around and leading this gathering of his minions.
Old 04-28-2014, 03:29 AM   #1975
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Well that's one way to get a baby to shut up.

Suddenly rooting for the white walkers.
Brohemoth is online now   Reply With Quote