The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2014, 10:04 AM   #1951
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

And for the record, I don't think we're going to see Clegane for the rest of the story. I think GRRM is going to leave that one where it is, and a hundred years from now people will be arguing over the mystery of whether Clegane is the grave digger or not.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #1952
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Walking Dead ends, GOT starts up. I just need one show to watch as TV not a huge part of my life. I do like having 1 or 2 shows though.
I watched the first 2 episodes of this new walking dead season, and I think I'm over it. I can only watch zombies chase people around, while those people argue with each other about how to survive for so long. I've heard it's gotten better these last couple episodes, maybe I'll go back and finish it.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:22 AM   #1953
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
I watched the first 2 episodes of this new walking dead season, and I think I'm over it. I can only watch zombies chase people around, while those people argue with each other about how to survive for so long. I've heard it's gotten better these last couple episodes, maybe I'll go back and finish it.
It has. Season 3 was pretty bad. I felt like a lot of the writers were mailing it in. The last few episodes have been outstanding. That said, I hope the series is over after next season. They need to do like breaking bad and just go 5 seasons.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:24 AM   #1954
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I couldn't get past the first episode of Walking Dead. I was interested until they showed the guy's partner kissing his wife. Zombies are roaming the earth, her husband is likely freshly deceased - or who knows, could possibly be alive, and somehow they've managed to kindle a romance amidst it all. I can't stand such contrivances...
Old 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM   #1955
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It has. Season 3 was pretty bad. I felt like a lot of the writers were mailing it in. The last few episodes have been outstanding. That said, I hope the series is over after next season. They need to do like breaking bad and just go 5 seasons.
Notice there was no Carl in the last few episodes. Carl, just like almost all young child actors, ruins shows.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #1956
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

If the zombie apocalypse ever happens, every vagina within a 1000 mile radius of a zombie will dry up and turn to dust.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #1957
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
I thought season 3 was pretty shabby. The first half of season 4 was boring till the governor started his rampage. I'll take your word for it, and go back and get caught up on these last 3-4 episodes before Sunday.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #1958
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
If the zombie apocalypse ever happens, every vagina within a 1000 mile radius of a zombie will dry up and turn to dust.
no way, we are humans....any apocalypse will include so much boning.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:29 AM   #1959
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Notice there was no Carl in the last few episodes. Carl, just like almost all young child actors, ruins shows.
I HATE Carl. "Zombie inside got my shoe but it didn't get me". I was hoping the little bastard would choke on that pudding.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:31 AM   #1960
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
I couldn't get past the first episode of Walking Dead. I was interested until they showed the guy's partner kissing his wife. Zombies are roaming the earth, her husband is likely freshly deceased - or who knows, could possibly be alive, and somehow they've managed to kindle a romance amidst it all. I can't stand such contrivances...
Yea, I didn't much care for that storyline either. I mean give it some time, sheesh.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:33 AM   #1961
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Yea, I didn't much care for that storyline either. I mean give it some time, sheesh.
I had zero problem with that. They were friends and she thought he was dead. It's pretty accurate for what people do in those situations as well especially when there's already a friendship.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:39 AM   #1962
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I had zero problem with that. They were friends and she thought he was dead. It's pretty accurate for what people do in those situations as well especially when there's already a friendship.
Do you think that your wife, within two weeks of losing you to a Zombie Apocalypse, would be making out with your best friend?
Old 03-21-2014, 10:41 AM   #1963
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
There will bo No zombie apocalypse. The one you have to worry about is the robot apocalypse.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:43 AM   #1964
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
There will bo No zombie apocalypse. The one you have to worry about is the robot apocalypse.
Did you see "her"? For a while I thought it was going to end up like Terminator.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #1965
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Did you see "her"? For a while I thought it was going to end up like Terminator.
This is the first sentence I've read that makes that show look even remotely appealing to me. Now I'm intrigued...
Old 03-21-2014, 11:00 AM   #1966
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
This is the first sentence I've read that makes that show look even remotely appealing to me. Now I'm intrigued...
It took me 10 or 15 minutes to get into it, but it's a really good movie.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #1967
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

We all should pitch in for a nutritiousness and a trainer to follow him around. I worry about him pulling a Jordan.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 12:29 PM   #1968
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Did anyone see Emilia Clarke on Jimmy Fallon the other night?

I hate talk shows... they never actually talk about anything.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:30 PM   #1969
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
And for the record, I don't think we're going to see Clegane for the rest of the story. I think GRRM is going to leave that one where it is, and a hundred years from now people will be arguing over the mystery of whether Clegane is the grave digger or not.
I'd take that bet.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:40 PM   #1970
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Quote:
I HATE Carl. "Zombie inside got my shoe but it didn't get me". I was hoping the little bastard would choke on that pudding.
My family and I were cheering for the zombie to get him. I hate that little turd.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:27 PM   #1971
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Did anyone see Emilia Clarke on Jimmy Fallon the other night?

I hate talk shows... they never actually talk about anything.
I did. She's one of the few natural brunettes who I think actually look better blonde.
Old 03-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #1972
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
My family and I were cheering for the zombie to get him. I hate that little turd.
Really can't stand his character, and I don't think the kid who plays him is a very strong actor.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:50 PM   #1973
robbieopperude
Perennial Pro-bowler

Shannon to Canton!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Just about finished book 5. What other books should I read that can help me get by until book 6. I noticed their is a 2 book series about Duncan and Egg. Is that where you are getting some of your other details on characters or are there others I should get?
robbieopperude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:16 AM   #1974
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

http://screenrant.com/game-of-throne...-release-date/

Yay he is going to finally get it done. Booo that it is not all coming from his own hand.

The last four years have been a whirlwind of excitement for me and throughout all of it I’ve kept writing. As many of my readers know I always envisioned a grand finale for my adventures in Westeros. Now, thanks to HBO, we’ve been able to share my beloved characters with more people than I could possibly imagine. But it also created an immense pressure to get the last two books written. I’ve met with the producers multiple times and they’ve always known the broad strokes of the series, who will die and who will win – all the while I’ve been steadily putting one word after another. However, a few months ago while watching early scenes from season 4, I had to admit that if I wanted to get these books done, I was going to need some help. I didn’t want (you) readers, who have been with me since the beginning, to have to choose between watching the show or waiting for me to finish the books. At the same time, I didn’t want to rush my writing just to get it done. In full admittance, ‘The Winds of Winter’ chapter I released last week is a sample of this new collaborative effort that will help me to release the final two installments in a ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ in the coming years. It wasn’t easy to give up control over every word, but I truly feel it’s in the best interest of my readers. I’m still writing the broad strokes, now I just have a little help filling in the details. I look forward to sharing more chapters of “The Winds Of Winter” in the coming weeks, and hope to release the book later this year.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #1975
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
http://screenrant.com/game-of-throne...-release-date/

Yay he is going to finally get it done. Booo that it is not all coming from his own hand.

The last four years have been a whirlwind of excitement for me and throughout all of it I’ve kept writing. As many of my readers know I always envisioned a grand finale for my adventures in Westeros. Now, thanks to HBO, we’ve been able to share my beloved characters with more people than I could possibly imagine. But it also created an immense pressure to get the last two books written. I’ve met with the producers multiple times and they’ve always known the broad strokes of the series, who will die and who will win – all the while I’ve been steadily putting one word after another. However, a few months ago while watching early scenes from season 4, I had to admit that if I wanted to get these books done, I was going to need some help. I didn’t want (you) readers, who have been with me since the beginning, to have to choose between watching the show or waiting for me to finish the books. At the same time, I didn’t want to rush my writing just to get it done. In full admittance, ‘The Winds of Winter’ chapter I released last week is a sample of this new collaborative effort that will help me to release the final two installments in a ‘A Song of Ice and Fire’ in the coming years. It wasn’t easy to give up control over every word, but I truly feel it’s in the best interest of my readers. I’m still writing the broad strokes, now I just have a little help filling in the details. I look forward to sharing more chapters of “The Winds Of Winter” in the coming weeks, and hope to release the book later this year.
I am actually totally fine with this as long as he still has complete control over direction.

Still, it will be such a shame to lose all the filler pages describing food and awkward sexual encounters........
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote