The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2014, 12:17 AM   #1876
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

http://www.slashfilm.com/watch-five-...emiere-sunday/

A few vine teaser trailers.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:49 AM   #1877
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #1878
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

I assume that showed (Stannis' army invading the North?)

Last edited by Johnykbr; 01-15-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #1879
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Nerd chills! SPOILER: ( YOU RAPED HER! YOU MURDERED HER! YOU KILLED HER CHILDREN! )
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #1880
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

This blew my mind ... apparently this is NOT emilia clarke:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rygl12vKT7g#t=86
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #1881
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Damn i need to get her digits
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 06:43 PM   #1882
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #1883
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

The 15 minute preview gave me wood.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:52 PM   #1884
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Starting to wonder whether we'll see Coldhands in the TV series at all.

Looks like we will see Mereen as an independent city rather than having it just folded into Yunkai.

The actor who plays the mute executioner, Ilyn Payne (Wilko Johnson) has been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer and has refused chemotherapy. See http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...-chemotherapy/ Might make an early exit.

The Battle at the Wall should be a blast.

I have no idea what they're doing with the whole Yara Greyjoy "rescue mission." I'm expecting a big shortcut from the novels.

Also expecting a huge collective orgasm from vindictive TV watchers around episode 3 or so.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #1885
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Most of the casting reports have shown that Coldhands will not be in the show and considering how close they are to Bloodraven, I can agree the need is pretty much past. However, there is one source that has had a history of being right that says he will make an appearance. The question I have is whether LS will be in it.

It sounds like the purple wedding will be episode 2.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 AM   #1886
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

I guess the carpet doesn't match the drapes in the show?
Attached Images

Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #1887
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I guess the carpet doesn't match the drapes in the show?
Guarantee she's a hardwood floor girl, anyway
Old 02-18-2014, 09:39 AM   #1888
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Guarantee she's a hardwood floor girl, anyway
The eyebrows typically indicate what the flooring situation is. Or so I've always believed.
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 12:32 PM   #1889
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
It sounds like the purple wedding will be episode 2.
Martin supposedly wrote Episode 2 of Season 4, so I'd say there's a pretty fair chance of that.

I'd be a little disappointed, because even though that makes a lot of sense in terms of the time frame in the books, I need a couple more episodes to remind me why Joff is such a creep.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:41 PM   #1890
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Martin supposedly wrote Episode 2 of Season 4, so I'd say there's a pretty fair chance of that.

I'd be a little disappointed, because even though that makes a lot of sense in terms of the time frame in the books, I need a couple more episodes to remind me why Joff is such a creep.
Meh, I'm ready for them to get on with the plot. Honestly, seeing Jaime and Joffrey interact in the season 4 trailer just felt, off. I know why they did it, but I feel that dividing book three into two separate seasons ultimately hurt the narrative. There were several episodes that felt like padding, and the entirely unnecessary Theon torture arc likely only exists due to the spit season decision.

I still believe that Book 3 would have been much better served by a single 13 episode season instead of two 10 episode seasons.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 05:46 AM   #1891
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I've sort of resolved myself to the fact that the show is an adaptation and that as time goes on, it's going to drift ever further from the books. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because some formats are just better at different things.

At least they didn't take a short novel and turn it into three movies and 9-plus hours of an action film.
Old 02-20-2014, 05:56 AM   #1892
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Meh, I'm ready for them to get on with the plot. Honestly, seeing Jaime and Joffrey interact in the season 4 trailer just felt, off. I know why they did it, but I feel that dividing book three into two separate seasons ultimately hurt the narrative. There were several episodes that felt like padding, and the entirely unnecessary Theon torture arc likely only exists due to the spit season decision.

I still believe that Book 3 would have been much better served by a single 13 episode season instead of two 10 episode seasons.

They have to extend the HBO series as long as they can. Martin's 6th book has been delayed into 2015 at the earliest. And he still has another book to do after that to wrap it all up.

With the pace they are on, they're going to catch up with him well before that last book comes out.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:12 AM   #1893
randerson1184
Camp Arm

Super Bowl 49 champs or bust.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kayvon Webster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
They have to extend the HBO series as long as they can. Martin's 6th book has been delayed into 2015 at the earliest. And he still has another book to do after that to wrap it all up.

With the pace they are on, they're going to catch up with him well before that last book comes out.
Yeah, I'm pretty curious to see how this is going to play out.

I really want to see HBO make 2 or 3 seasons depicting (most of) the events of Robert's Rebellion to air while Martin finishes TWOW & ADOS. I know most fans would love to see Ned Stark again. Alternatively, HBO could make some episodes based on the Dunk & Egg novellas. Definitely not going to happen, but I can dream on!
randerson1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 07:48 AM   #1894
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by randerson1184 View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty curious to see how this is going to play out.

I really want to see HBO make 2 or 3 seasons depicting (most of) the events of Robert's Rebellion to air while Martin finishes TWOW & ADOS. I know most fans would love to see Ned Stark again. Alternatively, HBO could make some episodes based on the Dunk & Egg novellas. Definitely not going to happen, but I can dream on!
Both options would be really cool, but they'd have to do the former after they reveal Jon Snow's lineage, imo.

Seeing Rhaeger vs Robert would be amazing.
Old 02-20-2014, 08:02 AM   #1895
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post

I've kind of resigned myself to the fact that Weiss and Benisoff are going to finish writing the series and that by the end of the Television show it is going to end up playing more like a AU version of the Novels timeline.

As someone else mentioned, I would love to see HBO do a spin-off/prequel series following the events leading up to Robert's rebellion. As it is outlined more in Broad Strokes it would give the Show Runners a little more flexibility in constructing their own narrative. Actually, I could even see them doing this as a season 6 stall for time tactic while they wait for Martin to finish writing the series. It could even have some really cool setup for the following season if they decide to use the flashback season to reveal the mystery of John Snow's parentage.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:08 AM   #1896
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

I only hope that HBO doesn't crap out on doing the series to its end.
Plus the fact that Time is Continuing to go by here in the real world and the actors are also aging, dying, changing etc.

It's expensive to do and if the public gets tired of it before Martin finally finishes the story they may just drop it and finish it off early. I doubt that , but they have killed great series before when the ratings drop.

Martin better not die!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 09:21 AM   #1897
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I only hope that HBO doesn't crap out on doing the series to its end.
Plus the fact that Time is Continuing to go by here in the real world and the actors are also aging, dying, changing etc.

It's expensive to do and if the public gets tired of it before Martin finally finishes the story they may just drop it and finish it off early. I doubt that , but they have killed great series before when the ratings drop.

Martin better not die!
I'm not overly concerned about them killing off the show prematurely. It has been extremely profitable unlike Rome, Deadwood, or Carnivale. Even if ratings should slide a little, they would still be extraordinarily high compared to its competitors. HBO is even tacitly encouraging people to share HBO Go to get people addicted and buy the Blu-Rays.

My only concern is that if profits do slide, that they will half-ass some of the best moments like we have seen before.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:20 AM   #1898
Johnykbr
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Started reading The Princess and The Queen. That would make an excellent spin-off. It's a shame Martin is pretty adamantly against any prequels or what not.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:24 AM   #1899
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Just watched the first 3 seasons over the past month. I am really excited for the next, but I think the thing that's **** about this series is nothing really happens from episode to episode. It's too effing slow, but the jerks have me hooked.

And why didn't the "Snark b****" just go off with the Assassin? That was dumb. I would have been like "Laters" to Robert's bastard and the dough boy that became a baker.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #1900
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
Just watched the first 3 seasons over the past month. I am really excited for the next, but I think the thing that's **** about this series is nothing really happens from episode to episode. It's too effing slow, but the jerks have me hooked.

And why didn't the "Snark b****" just go off with the Assassin? That was dumb. I would have been like "Laters" to Robert's bastard and the dough boy that became a baker.
Because she wanted to go to her family