The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 09:28 AM   #1701
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
he would. his outlook as a puppeteer is downright scary but perfect for behind the scenes(the true power behind the figurehead and all that), whereas it would be horrifically bad as a king since you must be all things to everyone.
I don't care that he's manipulative. You have to be to rule a nation. My problem is his whole motivation is a big FU to the world for doubting him. He has moments of benevolence, but by and large he's out to make himself powerful for his own sake and destroy anyone who ever wronged him just to make a point.

The spider is the only one who sees Little Finger as he is.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #1702
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Same think here but it is my son. Luckily his hair is darkening and should be free of the ginger status in a few months. The wife is a ginger but fixes the problem with much $ and effort.
Hooray for your son!! My girl is actually a stylist, and prefers the red hair...she does a lot of work on gingers looking to hide it though haha.
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #1703
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #1704
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 03:38 PM   #1705
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I'm going to go on record right now and say that if it was up to me, I'd hunt down every last one of those little bastard Ewoks in their prairie dog holes and finish the job the First Men started several thousand years ago. Just do that, and everything will work out fine.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #1706
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't care that he's manipulative. You have to be to rule a nation. My problem is his whole motivation is a big FU to the world for doubting him. He has moments of benevolence, but by and large he's out to make himself powerful for his own sake and destroy anyone who ever wronged him just to make a point.

The spider is the only one who sees Little Finger as he is.
that's why i said his outlook is perfect for a puppeteer but poor for a king.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #1707
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I'm going to go on record right now and say that if it was up to me, I'd hunt down every last one of those little bastard Ewoks in their prairie dog holes and finish the job the First Men started several thousand years ago. Just do that, and everything will work out fine.
Have you read the one about them being Hobbits?

That the world Martin presents is Middle Earth after the Elves have left and the "Doom" in Valyria was Mt Doom erupting.

Something like that. I don't know enough LOTR to really get the minutia of it.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #1708
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

That the world Martin presents is Middle Earth after the Elves have left and the "Doom" in Valyria was Mt Doom erupting.

Valerian steel = Elvish

High Valerian language = Elvish

Targaryans are from a line of men who bred with Elves, thus their perchance for inbreeding, and why they have such unique characteristics.

Rholor is Sauron

The possibilities are endless.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:33 PM   #1709
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Martin coming on Conan after the commercial break
Old 06-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #1710
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

That was a great interview with Conan - I wonder who he was talking about at the premiere? Maybe Shae?

Anywho, some very interesting stuff from GRRM. For those that missed it, at one point, he mentioned that he (paraphrasing) hopes that the tv series ends like the books do. In terms of the Red Wedding, the show killed off four characters that are still alive in the books. Conan asked if he knew the ending to the book series, and he said yes, in broad strokes, but he doesn't know for sure if the tv series will end the same way.

That leads me to believe that Robb's wife's death might be a little more significant than a simple snuffing out...can someone give me a list of the others that were spared in the books?
Old 06-05-2013, 09:01 PM   #1711
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Also, it was great hearing GRRM talk about the inspiration for the series...he was very poor growing up in New Jersey, read lots of comics/watched tv, had a great imagination. The body of water between his hometown and Stanton Island had many ships with many flags, there were lights, the city so far away held a lot of unknowns and curiosities...a lot of the Westeros world was based off of that imagination.

I'm really not doing it justice, hopefully someone can provide a link to it once it's up. It was a really interesting look into the mind of the creator.

ALSO, he said (I'm sure it's already documented) that the WofW is going to be a 1500 pager, and he's writing pretty fast.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:07 PM   #1712
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

One more funny bit....when he watched the reaction videos, commented about how the people setting it up were the original readers of the series, who knew what was coming. Laughed and said something to the effect of, "now you know why your nerdy friends were all depressed 13 years ago". ha!
Old 06-05-2013, 10:48 PM   #1713
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

The other supporting piece of "evidence" for this theory is the opening theme. Watch it closely the next time, and notice the sun (with the GOT logo) - keep track of where it is during the whole sequence as they pan across the mechanical castles and across the sea. The entire land lies on the inside of the globe - ala middle earth.

I'm not saying that I believe the theory is legit, but I love the way that so much stuff is open to interpretation.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:49 AM   #1714
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The other supporting piece of "evidence" for this theory is the opening theme. Watch it closely the next time, and notice the sun (with the GOT logo) - keep track of where it is during the whole sequence as they pan across the mechanical castles and across the sea. The entire land lies on the inside of the globe - ala middle earth.

I'm not saying that I believe the theory is legit, but I love the way that so much stuff is open to interpretation.
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

"We wanted to do something different from the standard tropes for fantasy maps," Wall tells THR. "So we came up with the idea of a world inside a sphere."
Old 06-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #1715
Bronco Yoda

Wow!

Just watched it last night on the DVR.

The wife is yelling at the TV 'what are you doing Jon'. I'm LMAO telling her what do you expect she's a ginger.

Then the blood bath wedding hits. She says she's not watching this crap anymore and is mad.

From here on... It is said... I will now watch alone....

Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 AM   #1716
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

He has a short story collection book called Dreamsongs where he goes into much more depth. He used to plot these treacheries playing with turtles in what he refers to as "Turtle Castle": If a turtle died for ____(insert reason pets die), he'd create a scenario where the other turtles conspired against him to become ruler of the turtle kingdom, etc.

A lot of cool stories in their that lay the groundwork for the world he's created too (Ice Dragon, the Lonely Songs of Laren Dorr involves the 7, etc)
Old 06-06-2013, 06:56 AM   #1717
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Did anyone see Martin as Conan's guest last night? It was pretty humorous. He said he has trouble keeping things straight between books, like the gender of certain horses and the color of some character's eyes - which astounds me considering how meticulous he is when he writes. He says he usually ends up calling some uberfan in Sweden to clarify the details. This is the author, mind you.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #1718
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Did anyone see Martin as Conan's guest last night? It was pretty humorous. He said he has trouble keeping things straight between books, like the gender of certain horses and the color of some character's eyes - which astounds me considering how meticulous he is when he writes. He says he usually ends up calling some uberfan in Sweden to clarify the details. This is the author, mind you.
I have troubles in 300 page stories. I can't imagine what it's like in something that will span approx 10,000 pages.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:28 AM   #1719
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Happy Place Facebook time for Ep 9:

http://www.happyplace.com/24297/game...on-3-episode-9
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:07 AM   #1720
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Worth watching the whole thing!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:23 AM   #1721
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Loved this
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #1722
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

^ Hahahahaha! Stealing that
Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #1723
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

"Now you know why all your nerd friends were depressed 12 years ago." haha!
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:10 AM   #1724
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
That was a great interview with Conan - I wonder who he was talking about at the premiere? Maybe Shae?

Anywho, some very interesting stuff from GRRM. For those that missed it, at one point, he mentioned that he (paraphrasing) hopes that the tv series ends like the books do. In terms of the Red Wedding, the show killed off four characters that are still alive in the books. Conan asked if he knew the ending to the book series, and he said yes, in broad strokes, but he doesn't know for sure if the tv series will end the same way.

That leads me to believe that Robb's wife's death might be a little more significant than a simple snuffing out...can someone give me a list of the others that were spared in the books?
I don't think he meant just at the red wedding, but throughout the show so far. The people that are dead in the show that hadn't died by this point in the books (that I can think of) are Talisa/Jeyne, the Tickler, Xaro Xhoan Daxos, and Mago.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #1725
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

We didn't see Xaro die, I don't think? Just locked in that vault, right?