The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2013, 09:30 AM   #1576
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murphy TX
Posts: 2,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I think Tywin genuinely despises Tyrion for the death of Joanna, who he loved.
"Tywin ruled the Seven Kingdoms but he was ruled at home by his lady wife."
She was a Lannister too - his cousin. Very beautiful, very ambitious, and dead at the birthing of the demon dwarf. Add to that the relationships that Tywin had with his own father, whom he despised as weak - and even lecherous for betraying his wife for a whore. Tyrion has the same instincts for whoring.

I don't think Tyrion always hated his father. I think more than anything, he wanted his love and approval. Tywin will not give that up. He completely glossed over the incredible victory that Tyrion brought the family on the Blackwater. If Tyrion didn't do that, the castle would have fallen, and Tywin would have been completely screwed having to siege King's Landing.

I don't think Tyrion respects his father any more or less, and I don't think Tywin has it in him to see Tyrion as well suited to carry on the Lannister name.
I agree, tywin despises tyrion for he fact he killed his wife and that he is the demon monkey.

However, there were several events that tells me tywin has a new respect and knows that only tyrion is the only one suited to carry on the lannister name.

1. Tyrion was appointed as acting hand of the king. There were plenty of lannisters tywin could of appointed, why tyrion? Only because tyrion was the best suited.

2. Tyrion successful defense of kings landing. The use of fire liquid whatever it was called was brilliant. While joef ran, only tyrion held firm and defended the castle.

3. After tyrion tells joef that kings were dying like flies and joef wanted tyrion punished. It was tywin ended the punishment talk and put joef in his place. Tywin is pleased tyrion stands up to joef, unlike the queen.

4. After sending joef to bed, why did tywin wanted to talk with tyrion. He wanted to gauge tyrion understanding of the situation. Without any clues, tyrion knew who was ultimately responsible and the consiquences of the situation. It almost seems like tywin was trying to get tyrion approval for the red wedding.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #1577
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,928

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
By that Ragnarok theory, Jaime might be the PwwP. Would be amazing if he had to duel Brienne in trial by combat and then he runs her through and makes Lightbringer. Heads would explode.

The "Winter is Coming" being a threat instead of a warning is one of the coolest takes I've read on the series yet. The Starks being the unexpected villains.
Mind = Blown
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #1578
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
1. Tyrion was appointed as acting hand of the king. There were plenty of lannisters tywin could of appointed, why tyrion? Only because tyrion was the best suited.
Tywin was hedging his bets because he thought Jaime lost. He also knew that Tyrion could somewhat control prince poophead.

Quote:
2. Tyrion successful defense of kings landing. The use of fire liquid whatever it was called was brilliant. While joef ran, only tyrion held firm and defended the castle.
No one really found out about this. The Spider is one of the few and it's his job to know everything.

Quote:
3. After tyrion tells joef that kings were dying like flies and joef wanted tyrion punished. It was tywin ended the punishment talk and put joef in his place. Tywin is pleased tyrion stands up to joef, unlike the queen.
See number one. It doesn't mean he loves or wants his son to succeed him.


Quote:
4. After sending joef to bed, why did tywin wanted to talk with tyrion. He wanted to gauge tyrion understanding of the situation. Without any clues, tyrion knew who was ultimately responsible and the consiquences of the situation. It almost seems like tywin was trying to get tyrion approval for the red wedding.
All of that is him controlling what he can. I think Tywin knows Tyrion isn't stupid and has his uses. But that doesn't remove the contempt he feels every time he looks at him. Tywin is the ultimate pragmatist. His goal is preserve the family name. Making his imp son the heir, assuming we knew nothing else about Tyrion, would hurt that name in some measure. Knowing what we do about his whoring and overall disdain for royalty (despite enjoying royal benefits) don't help. Factor in Tywin's personal feelings and there's no way.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #1579
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 645
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
By that Ragnarok theory, Jaime might be the PwwP. Would be amazing if he had to duel Brienne in trial by combat and then he runs her through and makes Lightbringer. Heads would explode.

The "Winter is Coming" being a threat instead of a warning is one of the coolest takes I've read on the series yet. The Starks being the unexpected villains.
Will you expound upon this please? I haven't seen that anywhere.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #1580
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,780
Default

PwwP? sorry to ask, I swear I read the books....
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #1581
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
PwwP? sorry to ask, I swear I read the books....
PwwP = short for "the Prince Who Was Promised." (Don't ask me by who, but it has to do with some kind of prophesy concerning someone who is going to save the world or something like that.)
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:34 PM   #1582
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
He's way too slender, IMO. Not hardly any muscle on him at all.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm441432064/nm0050959
Disagree. He's described like a snake in the books, and I think they nailed the casting here. Can't say the same for the Stark parents, but oh well.

You're right though, this is going to be one hell of a scene.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #1583
Jesterhole
Ring of Famer
 
Jesterhole's Avatar
 
Ridin' the McFailboat...

Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
PwwP = short for "the Prince Who Was Promised." (Don't ask me by who, but it has to do with some kind of prophesy concerning someone who is going to save the world or something like that.)
Yeah, that haven't gotten into that much at all. That and the entire issue of John's parents, and Ned's promise that he kept. I'm sure it'll get woven in sometime though.
Jesterhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #1584
kappys
Ring of Famer
 
kappys's Avatar
 
“It will be of little avail to the

Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,764
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Yeah, that haven't gotten into that much at all. That and the entire issue of John's parents, and Ned's promise that he kept. I'm sure it'll get woven in sometime though.
I think we'll see it becoming more emphasized when Stannis and Melisandra head to the wall. Assuming we are all right about R+L=J=PWWP. At that point she will take a lot of interest in Jon Snow. They've already made it abundantly clear that Melisandra believes Stannis to be Rhllor's chosen champion.
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:42 AM   #1585
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesterhole View Post
Yeah, that haven't gotten into that much at all. That and the entire issue of John's parents, and Ned's promise that he kept. I'm sure it'll get woven in sometime though.
Here's a good summary of the issue concerning John's parents. But not work safe (language).



Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:55 PM   #1586
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,780
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Here's a good summary of the issue concerning John's parents. But not work safe (language).



Thanks for that. I makes sense if John is the PwwP. I think I need to reread the series again. There is too much going on to get it all the first time through.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #1587
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,780
Default

Also, I would do things to Comic Book Girl........deprived and dirty things
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #1588
MagicHef
Ring of Famer
 
MagicHef's Avatar
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,486

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

PwwP and Azor Ahai reborn may not be the same person, remember. Melisandre thinks they are, but she has been wrong about many things. If they are not the same, I think Jon = AAR and Dany = PwwP. Aemon brought up the possibility of it actually being a Princess who was Promised.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:48 PM   #1589
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
I will Impregnate you

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 4,205

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Here's a good summary of the issue concerning John's parents. But not work safe (language).



I hope that's true. I need start reading the books again. Too bad I forgot where I left off
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:10 PM   #1590
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Here's a good summary of the issue concerning John's parents. But not work safe (language).



It feels weird to have this geeky subject and subsequent theory that I've analyzed for around a decade come from the mouth of this pink haired siren. The television show has inspired people to read the series. I am happy.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:19 AM   #1591
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

This is pretty awesome... Talk about putting the show into perspective.



THE NORTH REMEMBERS!
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 01:28 AM   #1592
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

George RR Martin at Comic Con:

Would Martin ever consider doing a prequel series chronicling the fall of the house of Targaryen?

He’s says he’s working on “Dreams of Spring” (book 7), and that while they showrunners are laying down the tracks, they’re not on top of him yet. He would consider a prequel, but the last two books will reveal all the twists and betrayals, so it would be a retread to go through Robert’s rebellion. Aegon and his sisters, and the Mad King could be material for prequels if he pursues them, but he won’t do the immediate precursors (no offense to Sean Bean, “who dies so well,” says Martin).

http://collider.com/comic-con-game-o...p/#more-269035
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 04:31 AM   #1593
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,638

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The problem with AA, PwwP is that there's no way Martin goes for that trope straight. He'll end up something completely different that expected -- or only live 30 seconds after being "unveiled".

Book it.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #1594
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 4,971

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
George RR Martin at Comic Con:

Would Martin ever consider doing a prequel series chronicling the fall of the house of Targaryen?

He’s says he’s working on “Dreams of Spring” (book 7), and that while they showrunners are laying down the tracks, they’re not on top of him yet. He would consider a prequel, but the last two books will reveal all the twists and betrayals, so it would be a retread to go through Robert’s rebellion. Aegon and his sisters, and the Mad King could be material for prequels if he pursues them, but he won’t do the immediate precursors (no offense to Sean Bean, “who dies so well,” says Martin).

http://collider.com/comic-con-game-o...p/#more-269035
I've never written a novel (let alone a series), so maybe some of our resident writers here can shed some light on the subject. Why in the hell is he working on Dreams of Spring when he hasn't even finished the Winds of Winter GET CRACKIN GRRM!!! I want to reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaad!
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 10:47 AM   #1595
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,053
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
I've never written a novel (let alone a series), so maybe some of our resident writers here can shed some light on the subject. Why in the hell is he working on Dreams of Spring when he hasn't even finished the Winds of Winter GET CRACKIN GRRM!!! I want to reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaad!
not a writer but often times they do that because the ideas start overflowing and they work on different works at the same time due to the ideas being fresh and wanting to make sure they don't lose them.
i've had friends who dabbled in writing, writer's block is a b****!
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #1596
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
I've never written a novel (let alone a series), so maybe some of our resident writers here can shed some light on the subject. Why in the hell is he working on Dreams of Spring when he hasn't even finished the Winds of Winter GET CRACKIN GRRM!!! I want to reeeeeaaaaaaaaaaad!

I think the point is, he's finished Winds of Winter. All that's left is the editing process. At least that's how I read it.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:14 PM   #1597
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer
 
SleepingTiger's Avatar
 
Ole J

Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murphy TX
Posts: 2,591

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Tywin was hedging his bets because he thought Jaime lost. He also knew that Tyrion could somewhat control prince poophead.
Either way, he appointed Tryion when he could of appointed others.


Quote:
No one really found out about this. The Spider is one of the few and it's his job to know everything.
I haven't read the book, but from all accounts, the queen knows about it. So i'm sure Tywin knows about it. He also knows about the king sending the kings guard to kill Tyrion.


Quote:
See number one. It doesn't mean he loves or wants his son to succeed him.
I never said Tywin wants Tyrion to succeed. Just because Tywin doesn't love or want Tyrion to succeed, he still has no choice but to choose Tyrion as his successor with the uncertainty of Jaime.


Quote:
All of that is him controlling what he can. I think Tywin knows Tyrion isn't stupid and has his uses. But that doesn't remove the contempt he feels every time he looks at him. Tywin is the ultimate pragmatist. His goal is preserve the family name. Making his imp son the heir, assuming we knew nothing else about Tyrion, would hurt that name in some measure. Knowing what we do about his whoring and overall disdain for royalty (despite enjoying royal benefits) don't help. Factor in Tywin's personal feelings and there's no way.
whats worse, hurting the family name or having destroyed by choosing the wrong successor? He knows the queen isn't smart enough, joef is an idiot, jaime is probably dead. At this point Tywin has no choice. I think that is why he is gauging Tyrion.
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 02:18 PM   #1598
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,637

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:32 AM   #1599
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,410
Default

Thanks for posting those vids, TJ. The North Remembers!
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #1600
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,780
Default




http://thechive.com/2013/07/24/and-n...nes-11-photos/
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Denver Broncos