The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 PM   #1326
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Best episode yet...I've been waiting for Dany to do that.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #1327
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
They do a good job of really getting you behind the Dragon. HBO has always done a great job casting. Diana Rigg's Olena Tyrell is fantastic.

I remember when Tom Sangster was Liam Neeson's kid in Love Actually.

Is that it for Jamie's wound? Just a pep talk from Brienne and some bread?
The casting for this show is damn near perfect. I can't really think of many that have been miscasted. Maybe Dondarrion?
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:37 AM   #1328
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Her enunciation of Valyrian was kinda frightening in how close it came to my imagination while reading the books. Hot. Her storyline is by far the most faithful. Jaime and Theon are being served well, if not up to expectation. Though Jaime is close. The Kingslanding saga still has hope. Sadly my favorite plots from the books happen north of the wall and I am bored to death and dissapointed with the recreation so far this season. Ghost is somehow not with Jon? Gianstbane isnt jovial, and for some reason leading Jon over the wall instead of the earless king. Sam hasnt earned his nickname?(though that could still happen). Heres hoping that the action north of the wall improves tenfold, Im honestly not to sold on the KBtW.
Sam's nickname is coming.

The fight at the wall is coming.

Sex with Ygritte is coming.

Relax man

Quote:
They do a good job of really getting you behind the Dragon. HBO has always done a great job casting. Diana Rigg's Olena Tyrell is fantastic.

No, they're on their way to Qyburn at Harrenhal.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:32 AM   #1329
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Sam's nickname is coming.

The fight at the wall is coming.

Sex with Ygritte is coming.

Relax man

No, they're on their way to Qyburn at Harrenhal.

I remember being a little geeked out when they introduced Qyburn a couple of episodes back. I had to explain to my brother why he would be important soon.

Also, can anyone who has read the books more recently than I clarify this point, the entire Theon escape fake-out subplot that ran through the first 4 episodes, was that completely created from scratch, or was there some background mention of it in the third book? I just remember Robb receiving vague promises that Theon was being painfully flayed alive by Ramsay Bolton and that was it.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #1330
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
I remember being a little geeked out when they introduced Qyburn a couple of episodes back. I had to explain to my brother why he would be important soon.

Also, can anyone who has read the books more recently than I clarify this point, the entire Theon escape fake-out subplot that ran through the first 4 episodes, was that completely created from scratch, or was there some background mention of it in the third book? I just remember Robb receiving vague promises that Theon was being painfully flayed alive by Ramsay Bolton and that was it.
'Reek' remembers it when he comes back into the story. All they did here was show it instead of mention it later.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 AM   #1331
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
The casting for this show is damn near perfect. I can't really think of many that have been miscasted. Maybe Dondarrion?
I've mentioned it before, but I am not really in love with Lena Headey's Cersei. I think she plays her too quiet, hunched over and reserved. I don't read her that way and don't see her that way. This is someone who is desperate for attention and affection. I see her stronger vocally and physically - not actually larger, but stronger body language. I also don't see why they couldn't find a real blonde. Headey is ok, but her performances aren't very powerful. The closest I've liked is when she threatens Littlefinger and when she's speaking to Sansa during the siege of King's Landing. I wish she was like that all the time.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:13 AM   #1332
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I've mentioned it before, but I am not really in love with Lena Headey's Cersei. I think she plays her too quiet, hunched over and reserved. I don't read her that way and don't see her that way. This is someone who is desperate for attention and affection. I see her stronger vocally and physically - not actually larger, but stronger body language. I also don't see why they couldn't find a real blonde. Headey is ok, but her performances aren't very powerful. The closest I've liked is when she threatens Littlefinger and when she's speaking to Sansa during the siege of King's Landing. I wish she was like that all the time.
To each their own. I think she's a great fit and amazing at it.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:26 AM   #1333
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:

Of corse not, did you see him grasp aimlessly with his stump for his sword when he was kicked down. Jamie's journey will be tough, because so much of his evolution is internal dialogue.

In terms of Danny's rise, awesome!

I can't wait for the Red Viper.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #1334
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

The only casting that I have disliked so far has been Mance Raydor. The books really set him up as this character with a lot of roguish charm and flair. Ciaran Hinds plays him as just another grumpy old man beyond the wall.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #1335
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Sansa..can't stand her
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:10 AM   #1336
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #1337
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
Sansa..can't stand her
I think Sansa is annoying, but her character is annoying, not the casting. I have to agree that Lena Headey's Cersei is pretty awesome. I haven't read the books, but I don't trust her one bit, which I think is the point.

The greatest tragedy in the show is I think we'll never see the Khaleesi's boobies again. We may see Emilia Clarke's at some point in her career, but never the Khaleesi's. Let's mourn that.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:23 AM   #1338
ChampJesusBailey
Solid Starter

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Cersei seems hotter in recent episodes.
ChampJesusBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #1339
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Of corse not, did you see him grasp aimlessly with his stump for his sword when he was kicked down. Jamie's journey will be tough, because so much of his evolution is internal dialogue.
Alas, this is why people should read the books. My favorite characters are even more awesome when you see their thoughts.

Quote:
I can't wait for the Red Viper.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #1340
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
The only casting that I have disliked so far has been Mance Raydor. The books really set him up as this character with a lot of roguish charm and flair. Ciaran Hinds plays him as just another grumpy old man beyond the wall.
I feel the same way
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 02:31 PM   #1341
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
I definitely disagree with this and think that the natural progression will prove you wrong. Cersei wasn't as strong a character in the early going as she was after gaining more confidence later on - except in the instances you mention, when she was drunk during the siege. It really wasn't until she felt threatened by Margaery and the Tyrell family that she started to really spread her wings and flex her power openly.

With this last episode, we start to see the seed of her thoughts about her place in her family, and I think with each episode, we'll see that seed grow and get stronger, and she'll become a very powerful presence in the show.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #1342
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Finally some action here in season 3. After finishing the book last year I've been very impatient for this season... I read the "info" for next weeks episode and I am excited. I shouldn't of done that. haha

I replayed the last 10 minutes of this past episode about 10 times. It was bad arse. Dracarys!
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #1343
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I definitely disagree with this and think that the natural progression will prove you wrong. Cersei wasn't as strong a character in the early going as she was after gaining more confidence later on - except in the instances you mention, when she was drunk during the siege. It really wasn't until she felt threatened by Margaery and the Tyrell family that she started to really spread her wings and flex her power openly.

With this last episode, we start to see the seed of her thoughts about her place in her family, and I think with each episode, we'll see that seed grow and get stronger, and she'll become a very powerful presence in the show.
Martin doesn't say she's hunched over all the time like an old crone barely whispering her words. If anything that makes more sense later when she puts on weight because she's become a drunk.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #1344
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Headey's Cercei is basically exactly how I imagined her while reading. I've loved the casting so far, but do agree that Mance is a bit stuffy. SPOILER: ( Maybe we'll get to see another side of him when he's not leading thousands upon thousands of people away from one certain death towards another.

On a different note, what is going on with Roz/Varys/Olenna discovering Littlefinger's plans for Sansa? Change in plot coming?
)
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 06:01 PM   #1345
lolcopter

this show is insanely good

i still need to rewatch yesterday's episode

theon's story has me completed lost
Old 04-22-2013, 06:29 PM   #1346
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Martin doesn't say she's hunched over all the time like an old crone barely whispering her words. If anything that makes more sense later when she puts on weight because she's become a drunk.
I took it more as she is trying to quietly contain her rage at the incompetence around her.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #1347
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Headey's Cersei is spot on. she's a quiet dose of lethal poison.
it takes almost everything you have no to want to see her meet her end. at the same time she's so evil it's kinda hot.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:11 PM   #1348
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Missed this week's episode. How was it?
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:24 PM   #1349
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Missed this week's episode. How was it?
Not as good as the previous week's but way up there.

PS. Ygritte has some rockin abs.

And boobies.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #1350
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Not as good as the previous week's but way up there.

PS. Ygritte has some rockin abs.

And boobies.
The fight between Hound and Beric Dondarrion was awesome.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote