The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #701
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1478075.html

gotta say I'm starting to have a thing for red heads.
Her and melisandre are both babes
Old 05-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #702
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
Her and melisandre are both babes
Melisandre has a jacked up face. SPOILER: ( And the whole giving birth to demon shadow babies thing )
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:59 PM   #703
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Getting back to discussing the show, I find I'm starting to really get annoyed at some of the changes they have made in season 2. Replacing Jeyne Westerling with the Talisa character was a pretty lame move.

And of course there is still the Mago issue at play. According to George R. R. Martin, he is due to be a important re-occurring character in the upcoming Winds of Winter, but the show already killed him off in Season 1. I just wonder how they plan on back-tracking that one.
If you closely pay attention... you can tell Talisa is not telling the truth about who she really is. My guess is that she could really be Jeyne Westerling.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:06 PM   #704
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
If you closely pay attention... you can tell Talisa is not telling the truth about who she really is. My guess is that she could really be Jeyne Westerling.
I thought about that...I don't remember the books going over Rob and Jeyne in detail before "Oh hey we're gettin hitched"
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:07 PM   #705
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
The promotional info I've seen talks about Jeyne being cast, so either you are right and/or Talisa is just there to help the viewer understand that Robb is promised to a Frey and that not following through with that commitment is not a good thing for Robb.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:08 PM   #706
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
I thought about that...I don't remember the books going over Rob and Jeyne in detail before "Oh hey we're gettin hitched"
Yup... they are just trying to drama it up a notch.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM   #707
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
The promotional info I've seen talks about Jeyne being cast, so either you are right and/or Talisa is just there to help the viewer understand that Robb is promised to a Frey and that not following through with that commitment is not a good thing for Robb.
Could be... but Kat's intervention yesterday showed that Talisa was keeping her real name under wraps.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #708
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Maybe it's just me but Daenerys' story line bores the hell out of me. It did in the books and it does so even more in the show.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:27 PM   #709
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Maybe it's just me but Daenerys' story line bores the hell out of me. It did in the books and it does so even more in the show.
SPOILER: (
Yeah, Martin dropped the ball when the planned 3 books became 6-8. He had to figure out how to keep Dany away from Westeros until whatever he has planned for the climax occurs.

I've always assumed Dany and the White Walkers would invade at about the same time, and she would end up defending the seven kingdoms instead of conquering it.
)
Old 05-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #710
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I find her story easier to tolerate in the series, possibly due to the large amount of skin often visible, but yeah, I find her and Jon Snow's arcs to be the least compelling over all as they tend to be so far removed from the rest of the political wranglings in Westeros. This all changes eventually, slogging through the Daenerys and Jon Snow chapters in book two were just a chore.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 06:59 AM   #711
supermanhr9
Ring of Famer

"I'm gonna burn this mother down"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nobody

I agree. However Jon Snow's story starts picking up a lot faster than little Dany. They did such a great job casting all these characters!
supermanhr9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #712
s0phr0syne
Symbiotic

Absorb and Redirect

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Bump for new Ep. Not certain what to make of the end...the real deal or just impostor corpses?
s0phr0syne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #713
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
Bump for new Ep. Not certain what to make of the end...the real deal or just impostor corpses?
Someone else asked this on another board. But we cant answer. I would say go with what your gut is telling you.

This episode slightly let me down in the fact that I was expecting khaleesi to go to the undying in this episode...Instead they just built it up that much more. Same with John snows part and with Tryion and the impending battle.

SPOILER_KINDA SORTA- If you havent read the books then maybe dont read this.I think with the build up from khaleesi and john and tyrion that -Theon will fade out now I think and jaime and brienne will pick up in place. Aryas part will slowly fade out too and then the remaining of the season will pick up with the battle of wildfire and denaryus and then finish with bran and robb and jaime.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:30 PM   #714
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0phr0syne View Post
People reading the books were left with exactly the same question.

If this was an ordinary story, you could assume (99% of the time) that they were imposters. But with Martin's willingness to kill off anyone, anytime in any way he likes ... you just can't count on anything.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:34 PM   #715
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

I feel bad for the fools in the tower of the undying. Poor, poor fools.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:51 PM   #716
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
I feel bad for the fools in the tower of the undying. Poor, poor fools.

^ Mixing Tower of Joy and House of Undying
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:53 PM   #717
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm getting more and more worried they are going to significantly change the climax at King's landing. So far only some of the things that should have been hinted at as in the books have been hinted about.

They might have to change it for SFX budget reasons.

What I mean is:
Tyrion should have already reassigned all the forges to start building chain links by now.
)
Old 05-14-2012, 03:55 PM   #718
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I'm getting more and more worried they are going to significantly change the climax at King's landing. So far only some of the things that should have been hinted at as in the books have been hinted about.

They might have to change it for SFX budget reasons.

What I mean is:
SPOILER: ( The chain started VERY early in the books. I'm pretty certain they're just skipping that part but will still have the trap by setting the river on fire )
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:31 PM   #719
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post

True.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #720
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
SPOILER: ( The chain started VERY early in the books. I'm pretty certain they're just skipping that part but will still have the trap by setting the river on fire )
If you're right that they'll skip the chain, it'll be interesting to see how they stage the battle as the chain was integral in trapping Stannis's fleet on the part of the river set aflame by wildfire.

Also I wonder how they handle Davos's arc after the BotB without the chain/pileup of ships there to help him survive/get stranded.
)
Old 05-14-2012, 04:34 PM   #721
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
That actually just might work. I hope they do.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #722
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I didn't like this last episode. Way too much time last 2 episodes with Snow and the girl walking around in the frozen North. All we learned from that could have been done in one 5 minute segment. BORING!

So there is only 1 episode left? Totally crap when does Walking Dead start!
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #723
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I didn't like this last episode. Way too much time last 2 episodes with Snow and the girl walking around in the frozen North. All we learned from that could have been done in one 5 minute segment. BORING!

3 episodes left. Plenty of time for a roaring finish to season 2, and a setup for season 3.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #724
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

I enjoyed the last episode, thought it was one of the better ones as of late. I'm pretty loyal to the vision of the books, but I thought some of the liberties the show has taken as of late are excellent improvements in terms of more interesting story arcs. There's still far too much that is left out to appease me, but I find the shows interesting to watch, rather than infuriating, because I'm not entirely sure what will happen next. However, this series does not even remotely approach the overall magnificance of the novels due to so much material and back story omitted. And they really need to stop making both Littlefinger and Jon Snow look like bumbling doofuses.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #725
Doggcow
Rebel Laughs

At Unbelievers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post

I feel like they condense a lot of good plot into single episodes, and then spread a lot out in others. It's poorly transitioning, imo.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote