The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 06:13 PM   #526
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Damn dude.. bad luck watching the season 2 premier before watching/reading the first season/book.
Yep it ruins the big surprise when Stark gets his head chopped off.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #527
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratboy View Post
Excellent episode.

I should just wait until the season is over and watch it in one night.
Butt-numb-a-thon!

Pretty much what we did here at our place this last weekend. Younger Bro' came over to celebrate his B-day with us on Saturday afternoon. He saw the Blu-ray box set sitting out....and that was that. We were going to go to the movies, but it was for his Birthday. We ended up cooking Brats on the grill at about 1230, then camped out with Season 1 until 0200 Sunday morning. Crashed, got up and made a huge breakfast/brunch and finished off the last 2 episodes. Great time and set us up for the premier of season 2 perfectly! The show really does play even better when viewed straight through. We'll DVR Season2 so we can do the same with it later this summer when it is to hot to do much outside.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:27 PM   #528
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Wagners Ring started slow too so I see your point but Lady Mary > Lady Stark.

;^ )
Heh heh heh. Yeah, Lady Mary is quite lick....er, likable. None of the gals in Thrones has that kind of appeal to me. However, there are so many things coming up in Thrones that should be cool as hell. I am floored at the production value of this show. The rumor is that after the critical success of last season, HBO increased the overall production budget by something like 30-40%. They have been looking for a successor to The Sopranos since it ended. Something that would give them a 7-8 year run with consistent and distinctly higher quality than anything any other network was doing. Word is that they are thrilled with everything so far, but are pressuring Martin a bit to get the last two books completed.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:34 PM   #529
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
Heh heh heh. Yeah, Lady Mary is quite lick....er, likable. None of the gals in Thrones has that kind of appeal to me. However, there are so many things coming up in Thrones that should be cool as hell. I am floored at the production value of this show. The rumor is that after the critical success of last season, HBO increased the overall production budget by something like 30-40%. They have been looking for a successor to The Sopranos since it ended. Something that would give them a 7-8 year run with consistent and distinctly higher quality than anything any other network was doing. Word is that they are thrilled with everything so far, but are pressuring Martin a bit to get the last two books completed.
I loved what HBO did with Rome and I like the GoT concept but it is hard to establish a whole world and it's machinations in 1 hour episodes and keep the plot moving. I am hoping this coming season is even better, I sure as hell want it to be. I love the concept.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:14 PM   #530
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
I loved what HBO did with Rome and I like the GoT concept but it is hard to establish a whole world and it's machinations in 1 hour episodes and keep the plot moving. I am hoping this coming season is even better, I sure as hell want it to be. I love the concept.
Rome was so good. I keep hearing they are trying to make a movie.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #531
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Love this show. Probably my all time favorite. I liked Spartacus but it fizzled on me
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:45 PM   #532
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's Gwedoline Christie. She's not Kate Upton, but she doesn't have a Horse Face.

Then again, neither does Arya. I would have laughed if they offered the part to Sarah Jessica Parker.
Meh, I don't really expect them to make the following casting call:

"Seeking 6'2"+ woman, extremely broad shouldered, crooked and scarred nose, mouth far too wide with crooked teeth, flat chest, horse faced. Must be able to wield a great sword."
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #533
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I would rather have another season of it, even if it were a miniseries.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #534
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Meh, I don't really expect them to make the following casting call:

"Seeking 6'2"+ woman, extremely broad shouldered, crooked and scarred nose, mouth far too wide with crooked teeth, flat chest, horse faced. Must be able to wield a great sword."
Julia Roberts or Cameron Diaz?
Old 04-02-2012, 08:48 PM   #535
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
Love this show. Probably my all time favorite. I liked Spartacus but it fizzled on me
I thought the season finale of Spartacus was one of the best epsiodes of the whole thing. But its hard when a show has to switch actors. I eventually got used to the new Spartacus.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:45 PM   #536
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I thought the season finale of Spartacus was one of the best epsiodes of the whole thing. But its hard when a show has to switch actors. I eventually got used to the new Spartacus.
Matter of opinion man. I loved Blood and Sand after a few episodes. I never really felt entertained during this season. I thought the finale was weak and predictable, but like I said, a matter of opinion.

Predictable is not something that can ever be said about GoT.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:04 PM   #537
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
Rome was indeed great. Up to that point (2005-2007) it was the most expensive production ever in TV history. Thank the FN writers strike for killing it. They couldn't afford to keep paying the cast and crew with no scripts. HBO readily admits that they blew it by cancelling the show prematurely. As for the movie, Bruno Heller (co-creator/head writer) recently said "don't hold your breath". There seemed to be a nice amount of traction for it back in 2009-2010. Since then, it has vanished. Sucks as they were going to pick things up 5 years after the end of season 2, in Germany with Pullo and Vorenus (yep, still breathing). Bums me out, as it is one of my favorite shows ever.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:06 PM   #538
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
Read the books, Steve. Read the books.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:35 AM   #539
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

I had to dvr (and stay away from this thread in the meantime). I watched it last night and I was NOT let down; however, I watched it after getting to a pivotal point midway through book 3 so I was pissed off while watching it.

Last edited by El Guapo; 04-03-2012 at 02:38 AM..
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #540
Jay3

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
however, I watched it after getting to a pivotal point midway through book 3 so I was pissed off while watching it.
I think our country may be torn asunder at some points during future seasons of this show, if its popularity continues.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:13 AM   #541
v2micca
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
I had to dvr (and stay away from this thread in the meantime). I watched it last night and I was NOT let down; however, I watched it after getting to a pivotal point midway through book 3 so I was pissed off while watching it.
Ah yes. The red wedding. Many a fan stopped reading after that point. Personally, I loved it. It took serious balls to go in that direction.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #542
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Ah yes. The red wedding. Many a fan stopped reading after that point. Personally, I loved it. It took serious balls to go in that direction.
I totally agree. It made me want to keep reading even more. I have to make sure all the characters I hate get what they deserve!
JLesSPE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:34 AM   #543
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
I totally agree. It made me want to keep reading even more. I have to make sure all the characters I hate get what they deserve!

I wonder what they are going to do/portray the end of book 2. As you all know there is a big twist/ surprise there that you do not find out about until book 3. Do you think they will leave it like GRRM did and make peeps wait for 3 (or will that deter so many from watching 3)- I was like WTF? No way, when I read it....Or will they include the part of book 3 into the end of two?

Im at page like 350 of book 5. But there was a character in the beginning of the show/books, that I really liked. Then I ended up hating him, now I am starting to like him again....Im so torn, I dont know what to do.

....just keep reading.

GRRM- Do Not Die- that is all that I say, we need those books to be finished.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:49 AM   #544
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Quote:
The very reason I stopped midway through book 3. I'll read it after season2 completes on HBO. I don't mind knowing what is coming, I just don't want to be too far down the road as Martin's bomb dropping screwed up my viewing of season 1 last year.

Note: Sunday overnight ratings for Thrones with all three showings-

9pm- 3.858 million
10pm- 1.477 million
11pm- .943 million
Total- 6.278 million

Nice!

Last edited by Dutch; 04-03-2012 at 08:57 AM..
Old 04-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #545
Dutch
The Flying Dutchman

Leatherneck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rubin Carter

Just keeps getting better and better. Pretty much the way I imagined everything that happened tonight in ep2 when I was reading the books. Very impressed at the increased quality of this show from about mid season 1 all the way through to now. The writing and direction has become stronger every episode since around ep5 of season 1. It seems as if they have found their own confidence in the storytelling and are less concerned with the "fanboys" burning down the house if they streamline or deviate slightly from the text in order to make the story better for television. Well done, and looking forward to next week.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:52 PM   #546
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
I wonder what they are going to do/portray the end of book 2. As you all know there is a big twist/ surprise there that you do not find out about until book 3. Do you think they will leave it like GRRM did and make peeps wait for 3 (or will that deter so many from watching 3)- I was like WTF? No way, when I read it....Or will they include the part of book 3 into the end of two?
...I have no idea what you're talking about.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:04 PM   #547
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Just finished the first book. Loved it - especially how it ended.

My favorite character is Arya - she reminds me of my spirited daughter. I've started the second book already, and I'm eager to see what happens with her. I have a feeling she's going to be a bad ass by the time it's all said and done. Second favorite character is Tyrion, with Daenarys in third.

I haven't been this enthralled in a book since The Count of Montecristo. Great stuff! (anyone who hasn't read The Count yet is robbing themselves).
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #548
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Just finished the first book. Loved it - especially how it ended.

My favorite character is Arya - she reminds me of my spirited daughter. I've started the second book already, and I'm eager to see what happens with her. I have a feeling she's going to be a bad ass by the time it's all said and done. Second favorite character is Tyrion, with Daenarys in third.

I haven't been this enthralled in a book since The Count of Montecristo. Great stuff! (anyone who hasn't read The Count yet is robbing themselves).
Im pretty envious. Would love to be able to reread the series for the first time. Or memory wipe so I can enjoy the show even more.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #549
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

Peddling the Orange Addiction

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Im pretty envious. Would love to be able to reread the series for the first time. Or memory wipe so I can enjoy the show even more.
I definitely love the feeling when you are at the start of an awesome chronicle.

If I could suggest another one that I enjoyed, try Pandora's Star (The Commonwealth Saga) by Peter F. Hamilton. I really enjoyed that one.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:30 PM   #550
Ratboy
It's all over...

ಠ_ಠ

I guess I am doing it wrong. I watched the show and would like to read the books.
Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote