The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2012, 01:32 AM   #501
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,828
Default

My brother and my mother love who they cast as the woman who joins Renly's kingsguard...her name escapes me at the moment. All I could think was damn that's a big b****.


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 04:16 AM   #502
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

The last 2 episodes were sort of boring. Great acting though and i get that they are setting up all the characters before the big battles start. I loved how the Imp set up how to find out who the queens spy was. He's a smart little dude.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 11:02 AM   #503
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I'm looking forward to how they SPOILER: ( portray the death of Renly Baratheon )
I'm looking forward to that as well. And as far as "spoiler" tags being implemented:

El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #504
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
My brother and my mother love who they cast as the woman who joins Renly's kingsguard...her name escapes me at the moment. All I could think was damn that's a big b****.


Brienne - the Maid of Tarth. She becomes a major character, and yes, first look says they did a good job with the casting - again.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:35 PM   #505
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?
 
El Guapo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 4,425
Default

Is the actress honestly that tall or is it camera trickery?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 05:41 PM   #506
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Is the actress honestly that tall or is it camera trickery?
According to her film profile, she's 6'3.



I don't think she's fibbing.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:39 AM   #507
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

OK, they did a decent job of the dragon fire melted stronghold of Harrenhall even with the radical changes made so far (are they really going to cut Roose out -- that's going to be hard to work around later on), and the actress playing Arya continues to impress.


The scene with the prostitutes and Joffrey was added -- I think in order to make up for not being able to show the true nastiness that sadist Joffrey visits on Sansa. The throne room scene was a relatively tame (if you can believe it) compression of a series of escalating cruelties.

Finally -- I'm actually impressed with what they did with the shadow *spoiler* {assassin} so far. A lot different that what I envisioned in my head, and so far a lot better as well.

And finally. Bronn. How can you not love a guy who has no problem saying about his (deserving of the moniker) King: "Can't fix being a ****"?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:25 AM   #508
v2micca
Tupac at Coachella
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
Richard III was a field guide.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,790

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lorenzo Doss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
And finally. Bronn. How can you not love a guy who has no problem saying about his (deserving of the moniker) King: "Can't fix being a ****"?
God yes. I love Bronn. He is yet another actor perfectly cast for the part. He seems to get some of the best one-liners in the series and tends to make the most out of them.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:00 PM   #509
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Looking forward to Joffrey's demise. Sadistic little ****...

Sansa is gorgeous. Love her
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #510
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
are they really going to cut Roose out -- that's going to be hard to work around later on
Not completely, he was talking to Rob I think this last episode. That kind of confused me that Arrya is now Tywin's cup bearer but Bolton is still in the show...like they just moved where he is. Maybe they'll bring him into Harrenhal later or something. Its been so long since I read the second book a lot of these detail changes are having me question what I read. I think it would've been better as a 30 episode season airing 3 episodes a week...not possible I know
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #511
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,736

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
OK, they did a decent job of the dragon fire melted stronghold of Harrenhall even with the radical changes made so far (are they really going to cut Roose out -- that's going to be hard to work around later on), and the actress playing Arya continues to impress.


The scene with the prostitutes and Joffrey was added -- I think in order to make up for not being able to show the true nastiness that sadist Joffrey visits on Sansa. The throne room scene was a relatively tame (if you can believe it) compression of a series of escalating cruelties.

Finally -- I'm actually impressed with what they did with the shadow *spoiler* {assassin} so far. A lot different that what I envisioned in my head, and so far a lot better as well.

And finally. Bronn. How can you not love a guy who has no problem saying about his (deserving of the moniker) King: "Can't fix being a ****"?
FYI - [ spoiler ] tags are working. Just put whatever the spoiler is between the tags.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #512
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,736

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
Not completely, he was talking to Rob I think this last episode. That kind of confused me that Arrya is now Tywin's cup bearer but Bolton is still in the show...like they just moved where he is. Maybe they'll bring him into Harrenhal later or something. Its been so long since I read the second book a lot of these detail changes are having me question what I read. I think it would've been better as a 30 episode season airing 3 episodes a week...not possible I know
The second season is very different from the book. I'm wondering if they're even going to show Jaquen's three kills. They've advanced the plot well past the Weasel Soup incident - or so it would seem.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:39 PM   #513
McDman
Ring of Famer
 
McDman's Avatar
 
Huzzah!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,098

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

They didn't make Brienne ugly enough though.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:52 PM   #514
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
They didn't make Brienne ugly enough though.
Disagree
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #515
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler
 
JLesSPE's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Republic, MO
Posts: 647
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The second season is very different from the book. I'm wondering if they're even going to show Jaquen's three kills. They've advanced the plot well past the Weasel Soup incident - or so it would seem.
In the preview for next week Jaquen mentions that he owes Arrya 3 lives or something to that effect so I imagine it'll happen next week. There is just so much detail to put into ~10 hours of film. Oh well, its still fun to watch.
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #516
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
FYI - [ spoiler ] tags are working. Just put whatever the spoiler is between the tags.
SPOILER: ( sweet! thanks )
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 PM   #517
Jay3
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLesSPE View Post
In the preview for next week Jaquen mentions that he owes Arrya 3 lives or something to that effect so I imagine it'll happen next week. There is just so much detail to put into ~10 hours of film. Oh well, its still fun to watch.
Plus I think her praying the names of those she wants to kill is somewhat of an indicator that the 3 lives will be centrally featured. It's just that she opened the cage last week, so it's about time they got around to it.

SPOILER: ( The people who do not read the spoiler-tagged material are stupid, not smart like those of us reading this. )
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 12:48 PM   #518
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 6,516

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

.
Attached Images
 
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:25 PM   #519
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,416

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

(spoiler alert) read them up until the point where theon (spoiler spoiler quit reading if you are hungry for HBO to poop out another episode) offs Bran and Rickon....for no apparent reason. All the good people die. What's the point of watching? it's nearly as laughable as vampire or zombies movies.

If you are into incest, bastards, dwarves and direwolves this miniseries is right up your alley. It's obvious to me that HBO and Hollyweird in general are playing us like a bunch dummies who can't read. Seriously. Incest is the crux of the story line? Nice...... if only I had sisters.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #520
myMind
splinters reality until
 
myMind's Avatar
 
We Grok

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
(spoiler alert) read them up until the point where theon (spoiler spoiler quit reading if you are hungry for HBO to poop out another episode) offs Bran and Rickon....for no apparent reason. All the good people die. What's the point of watching? it's nearly as laughable as vampire or zombies movies.

If you are into incest, bastards, dwarves and direwolves this miniseries is right up your alley. It's obvious to me that HBO and Hollyweird in general are playing us like a bunch dummies who can't read. Seriously. Incest is the crux of the story line? Nice...... if only I had sisters.
Then don't watch it...and learn how to use the new spoiler tag system
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #521
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules
 
DarkHorse30's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 2,416

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixedMind View Post
Then don't watch it...and learn how to use the new spoiler tag system
I'm not - I'm just surprised after all the hoopla over this series, after reading them the books were bad to begin with.
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:10 PM   #522
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 23,828
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
.

Right...


Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:20 PM   #523
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,336

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
(spoiler alert) read them up until the point where theon (spoiler spoiler quit reading if you are hungry for HBO to poop out another episode) offs Bran and Rickon....for no apparent reason. All the good people die. What's the point of watching? it's nearly as laughable as vampire or zombies movies.

If you are into incest, bastards, dwarves and direwolves this miniseries is right up your alley. It's obvious to me that HBO and Hollyweird in general are playing us like a bunch dummies who can't read. Seriously. Incest is the crux of the story line? Nice...... if only I had sisters.


Wow this post is about as epically stupid as that one dude who said as a parent I do not approve of this show.


Guess what dude, your ugly but we still have to see your face. You don't hear is b****ing about it
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #524
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,662

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHorse30 View Post
(spoiler alert) read them up until the point where theon (spoiler spoiler quit reading if you are hungry for HBO to poop out another episode) offs Bran and Rickon....for no apparent reason. All the good people die. What's the point of watching? it's nearly as laughable as vampire or zombies movies.

If you are into incest, bastards, dwarves and direwolves this miniseries is right up your alley. It's obvious to me that HBO and Hollyweird in general are playing us like a bunch dummies who can't read. Seriously. Incest is the crux of the story line? Nice...... if only I had sisters.
SPOILER: ( They don't die, they trick Theon. Theon just makes it look like their dead by killing some innocent kids that are similar in appearance and burning the bodies.

And, there hasn't been any incest (implied or otherwise) that wasn't in the books. What's your beef?

)
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #525
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 13,950

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

I've watched this series now 1.5 years and I give it a solid B. It just has too much of a "soap" feel to it for an A

Of course I love the series Dexter the most but Homeland really shocked me at how good it was. One of the best 1st year series I have seen so far. And I watch all of the SHO, HBO series. The Borgias is good also, give that one a B. Also got to give a shout out to Shameless, very clever and never a dull moment.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-29-2012 at 08:27 PM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:26 PM.


Denver Broncos