The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #276
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
OMG you LIKED the Dragon Mount scene?!?!?!?!

I thought that was terrible! I was SO mad. If they end a Memory of Light with some introspective hippy **** like that (and there are some context clues to make me think they might), I'm gonna lose it.

Tarmon Gaidon needs to be a bigger Dumai's Wells and NOT a bigger Dragon Mount inner conflict.
I have to agree with Rev here. He has 7 books of increasing madness/visions etc and in one chapter of the book he is "healed" it was rushed and it came across that way. I love what Sanderson is doing with the story but this part seemed like it was dropped in his lap and he had to make the best of it
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #277
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
Off topic bump- just got HBO with comcast, but Game of Thrones isn't listed in the On Demand section....any ideas?
it looks like they are not on comcast on demand. They rotate movies and hbo series from month to month.

I think you can log into comcast.com and watch them for free if you have HBO.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Game.../full-episodes
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:53 AM   #278
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostknight View Post
Book Spoilers for all the books. If you haven't read them, don't read this. ...(spoilers omitted)
You might want to adjust one or two of those predictions after you finish Dances with Dragons. But I will say no more.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 09:59 AM   #279
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
it looks like they are not on comcast on demand. They rotate movies and hbo series from month to month.

I think you can log into comcast.com and watch them for free if you have HBO.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Game.../full-episodes
mother eff bomb, that's ridiculous. Thanks for the help though, I guess that's what I'll have to do for now
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #280
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
mother eff bomb, that's ridiculous. Thanks for the help though, I guess that's what I'll have to do for now
You can find ANYTHING on the internet. All I'm sayin.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #281
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

And sometimes it's free if you look hard enough
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #282
misturanderson
Ring of Famer

Why not?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DemaryiusThomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
And it's always free if you look for about 3 seconds
Fixed it for you.
misturanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:13 PM   #283
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Off topic bump- just got HBO with comcast, but Game of Thrones isn't listed in the On Demand section....any ideas?
HBO only streams content from hbogo.com. They don't allow third party streaming like Netflix, Hulu or Comcast.

However, subscription to hbogo.com is free if you have HBO through a cable provider. Go to that website and it will let you sign in with your comcast u/p. (choose Xfinity)

There's also an android and iphone app =P
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #284
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

haha thanks for all the replies...my roomate and I have switched back and forth between starz and hbo for the last couple years as the series we like come out, and THIS time, after everyone's reviews, I was really excited to switch back and have it available. I didn't do the research, just assumed they'd have it on demand

The ****TY part is, my pc doesn't have any HDMI outs, and it's about twenty feet from my tv...so I'd have to buy an HDMI to DVI cord, and a 3.5 mm to RCA cable (don't have surround sound or a reciever at the moment), and that's just waaaaay to much cash to blow on one show.

So, for now, I'll just watch it on my computer Again, my own damn fault for not researching more haha.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:56 PM   #285
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

HOLY ****!!!! Can not believe how much I wanted sansa to push that little biotch geoffrey off of that catwalk.

This series completely consumed my roomate and I....watched all of the episodes in a two day span. Incredible job by all involved. The acting was superb, violence was graphic but believable, and that story line is just incredible. I'm going to read the books next, but just had to pop in and say WOW. **** you geoffrey, **** you jaime, **** you queen of the veil, tyrion YOU'RE cool, and **** you allisor, I'm out.
Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #286
PRBronco
_never forget_

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Vathquezth

Bump. Ok so I finished watching the series, and am starting with the books. It's pretty sweet, but can anyone recommend similar reading that doesn't make me want to off myself? Maybe something where maybe once or twice the main character has something, anything, good happen to him?
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #287
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Bump. Ok so I finished watching the series, and am starting with the books. It's pretty sweet, but can anyone recommend similar reading that doesn't make me want to off myself? Maybe something where maybe once or twice the main character has something, anything, good happen to him?
Haha, I'm almost done with the 4th and Jesus he loves to hack and slash his own main characters to bits.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #288
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Old 09-27-2011, 05:54 PM   #289
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Haha, I'm almost done with the 4th and Jesus he loves to hack and slash his own main characters to bits.
Yeah, you almost get desensitized to it. I just started watching the series (I read the books several years ago, haven't read the new one yet) and had forgotten how pretty much everyone gets f*&ked either literally or figuratively. I think that is why he needs so many characters. If he had a normal character list, everyone would have been dead by the second book.
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 AM   #290
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkporter View Post
Yeah, you almost get desensitized to it. I just started watching the series (I read the books several years ago, haven't read the new one yet) and had forgotten how pretty much everyone gets f*&ked either literally or figuratively. I think that is why he needs so many characters. If he had a normal character list, everyone would have been dead by the second book.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #291
mkporter
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
mkporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:18 AM   #292
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

~bump

Just finished A Dance with Dragons! Wow, what a great story! Took me about 4 months to finish all 5 books, half tempted to read them again.

HBO did a great job with the film adaptation too! Great diversion when Broncos are playing crappy football.

Books and series both highly recommended.
Broncomutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:30 PM   #293
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncomutt View Post
~bump

Just finished A Dance with Dragons! Wow, what a great story! Took me about 4 months to finish all 5 books, half tempted to read them again.

HBO did a great job with the film adaptation too! Great diversion when Broncos are playing crappy football.

Books and series both highly recommended.
I also finished it last week. Completely love the story and excited for the HBO show as well.

Really good fan video:

Old 11-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #294
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I started re-reading the whole series when the GoT series premiered -- and I'm finally about half way through ADwD.

Re-reading the series I'm growing more and more concerned about how they can possibly adapt it into a series with ~10eps/book. So much nuance will be lost with that little screen time, and it will likely be nothing but a shell of the book.

Not to mention the actress playing Arya (and the other child actors) will be 30 years old by the time they get to the end, ha! I forsee the need for a lot of casting changes and/or a fairly radial reinterpretation of the characters and timeline.

Regardless, this adaptation already far surpasses the disgustingly terrible attempt to adapt the Sword of Truth series (Legend of the Seeker). Of course, that endeavor was doomed to a short run from the beginning due to the vast drop off in quality after book 3.

Last edited by Fedaykin; 11-30-2011 at 03:50 PM..
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #295
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

I don't usually go in for fantasy novels, I prefer historical fiction better. But these books read like historical novels, with a good bit of Martin's imagination to spice it up.

Hope they pull off some of the great scenes from the books. The Massacre on the Fist of Men,The Siege of Castle Black (burning the switchback), the Clegane/Martell duel, The Red Wedding. A toast to King Joffrey!

And the best one should be this season, the Battle of Blackwater Rush.

How long until The Winds of Winter?

Oh, and Melisandre's "coochie ninja"!

Last edited by Broncomutt; 12-01-2011 at 08:48 AM..
Old 12-15-2011, 01:24 PM   #296
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Old 12-15-2011, 01:29 PM   #297
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
the Clegane/Martell duel
Oberyn is my favorite character in the series to date. Way too much like me. Awesome yet arrogant to a downfall.
Old 12-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #298
Broncomutt
Looking for

the Sunflower Samurai

Quote:
Oberyn is my favorite character in the series to date. Way too much like me. Awesome yet arrogant to a downfall.
Oberyn, really? Won't question a person's opinion, but he's kind of a secondary character until the duel, and then...

But I do remember reading that chapter 3x over before moving on, my jaw just hit the floor. A Storm of Swords was definitely my favorite of the 5 books.

Unfortunately, if he keeps with containing the stories geographically rather than chronologically, looks like we're in for alot of Sansa in the next one. Just hopes he gives a clue to the fate of my 2nd favorite character, the Lord Commander. Did not like the way ADWD ended. Et tu Brute?!

Just bought a copy of The Hedge Knight today too.
Old 12-22-2011, 03:03 PM   #299
Delightub

no but they seem very interesting...
Old 12-22-2011, 03:16 PM   #300
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Oberyn, really? Won't question a person's opinion, but he's kind of a secondary character until the duel, and then...

But I do remember reading that chapter 3x over before moving on, my jaw just hit the floor. A Storm of Swords was definitely my favorite of the 5 books.

Unfortunately, if he keeps with containing the stories geographically rather than chronologically, looks like we're in for alot of Sansa in the next one. Just hopes he gives a clue to the fate of my 2nd favorite character, the Lord Commander. Did not like the way ADWD ended. Et tu Brute?!

Just bought a copy of The Hedge Knight today too.
Absolutely Oberyn. Secondary character and all.

I DID like the way it ended. That air of mystique and never feeling that the characters are safe certainly set the story apart from others.

Storm of Swords was my favorite too. Too many monster events and jaw dropping moments, imo.