The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #2776
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
That was pretty good. Not how I pictured her in real life, considering the characters she plays on film. I think I'd like to have a beer or 20 with her.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:31 PM   #2777
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Attached Images

Old 06-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #2778
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
She is one that the show does not do her justice. She is hope but you don't see all of it in her Cersei character.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:43 AM   #2779
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
She is one that the show does not do her justice. She is hope but you don't see all of it in her Cersei character.
FYI acting roles aren't meant to do the portrayer justice. The portrayer is meant to do the character justice...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 10:40 AM   #2780
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
A sea of Dothraki and one very pissed off black dragon are going to way waste to a bunch of perfumed slave owners.

The reader expects that the dragonbinder horn will eventually grant Kalisi the obedience of her pets. How will Marten twist that one?
Its likely that she is the only one who could sound the horn and survive the internal burning effect
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:23 PM   #2781
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Its likely that she is the only one who could sound the horn and survive the internal burning effect
I doubt it. Martin has said in interviews that her survival of Kal Drogo's funeral pyre was a one time ritual powered by the blood magic sacrifice of her son. So, it's not like she is immune to fire. The horn would probably kill her just as quickly as it would kill anyone else. I don't know what exactly Martin intends with the horn, but I suspect that whoever gains control of it will greatly question if it was worth the cost.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #2782
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
I doubt it. Martin has said in interviews that her survival of Kal Drogo's funeral pyre was a one time ritual powered by the blood magic sacrifice of her son. So, it's not like she is immune to fire. The horn would probably kill her just as quickly as it would kill anyone else. I don't know what exactly Martin intends with the horn, but I suspect that whoever gains control of it will greatly question if it was worth the cost.
She also got torched by Drogon in the fighting pits.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #2783
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

As much as I love the books, Martin has been known to back track if it suits him. Considering she survived two rounds of fire and doesn't mind scalding hot water, I think that she might be able to sound it as well.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:24 PM   #2784
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
She also got torched by Drogon in the fighting pits.
yeah, but IIRC she was very badly burned. She also lost all of her hair.

Or am I off base?
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #2785
kappys
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
yeah, but IIRC she was very badly burned. She also lost all of her hair.

Or am I off base?
As I recall her hair was burnt off but the rest of her emerged unscathed.
Old 06-19-2014, 08:45 PM   #2786
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
As I recall her hair was burnt off but the rest of her emerged unscathed.
Yeah she lost her hair, but her seemingly impervious to heat body was unscathed. I read it like she was fine and her hair just wasn't immune like the rest of her. I didn't read it like she was burned, hair gone, but made it out in one piece.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 11:04 PM   #2787
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
FYI acting roles aren't meant to do the portrayer justice. The portrayer is meant to do the character justice...
Yes I know that. My point, she's hotter in real life than on the show.
For all the **** she gets about her portrayal she is one of the best actors/actresses on the show.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:39 AM   #2788
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah she lost her hair, but her seemingly impervious to heat body was unscathed. I read it like she was fine and her hair just wasn't immune like the rest of her. I didn't read it like she was burned, hair gone, but made it out in one piece.
That was my take as well. Either way I don't think it will be Daenary who blows the horn. Supposedly no mortal man can survive. I guess she is a woman so maybe she gets a pass.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Dragonbinder

"I am Dragonbinder, No Mortal man should sound me and live, Blood for Fire, Fire for Blood" [1] ”

Moqorro says whoever blows the horn will die but any dragons that hear will obey the horn's master. Moqorro says Victarion must be made the horn's master and he must claim the horn with blood.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:45 AM   #2789
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
That was my take as well. Either way I don't think it will be Daenary who blows the horn. Supposedly no mortal man can survive. I guess she is a woman so maybe she gets a pass.

"I am Dragonbinder, No Mortal man should sound me and live, Blood for Fire, Fire for Blood" [1] ”

Moqorro says whoever blows the horn will die but any dragons that hear will obey the horn's master. Moqorro says Victarion must be made the horn's master and he must claim the horn with blood.
I think we all know Victarion's life-span is headed toward an abrupt conclusion.

Will be swell that Dany can use the fleet to finally get that fine ass over to Westeros though.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:18 AM   #2790
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:

So the one who blows the horn doesn't necessarily have to be its master.

If that's the case, then assuming that Euron has already "claimed" the horn with blood - or through whatever magic ritual is required - all he really needs to do is to have a way to communicate with the beast or beasts after they answer the call. (The Dusky Woman perhaps?)

Of course, he needs a stooge to actually blow the horn.

I can't see why Moqorro would be cooperating with Victarion in the first place (unless he thinks he's already got him under control somehow.) But maybe Moqorro doesn't realize that Euron is a step or two ahead in the game.

Seems to me that if Euron steals at least one of the dragons, then that would be the motivation Dany needs to finally get back to Westeros.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:45 AM   #2791
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
So the one who blows the horn doesn't necessarily have to be its master.

If that's the case, then assuming that Euron has already "claimed" the horn with blood - or through whatever magic ritual is required - all he really needs to do is to have a way to communicate with the beast or beasts after they answer the call. (The Dusky Woman perhaps?)

Of course, he needs a stooge to actually blow the horn.

I can't see why Moqorro would be cooperating with Victarion in the first place (unless he thinks he's already got him under control somehow.) But maybe Moqorro doesn't realize that Euron is a step or two ahead in the game.

Seems to me that if Euron steals at least one of the dragons, then that would be the motivation Dany needs to finally get back to Westeros.

I don't think that Euron has actually "claimed" the Horn. At least that was my impression from the books. I always assumed that after he found the thing in the smoking ruins of Valeria no one every really understood the mechanics of how it worked until Moqorro starts translating the Ruins on it. It will be interesting to see what actions are necessary to claim the horn and become its master. However, if Victarion manages to pull it off, the Greyjoys just became the major players in Westeros.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #2792
kappys
Ring of Famer

Is Victarian already dead though? I kind of got the impression that the arm infection did him in and Moquorro essentially Dondarianed him back to life via the Red God. Maybe it wouldn't matter if he blew the horn because he could bring him back again.
Old 06-20-2014, 11:37 AM   #2793
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Is Victarian already dead though? I kind of got the impression that the arm infection did him in and Moquorro essentially Dondarianed him back to life via the Red God. Maybe it wouldn't matter if he blew the horn because he could bring him back again.
A very interesting angle that I hadn't really thought through...

Honestly, I need to go back and re-read all the Victarion chapters. I mostly just wanted to get through them and didn't pay as close attention as I should have.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 12:06 PM   #2794
Johnykbr
Pro Bowler

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Kind of a silly question but are we supposed to be taking Euron's claims seriously? He is obviously a capable and dangerous person but considering that entire fleets have been lost trying to land in Valeria it just doesn't seem probable.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 01:16 PM   #2795
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Kind of a silly question but are we supposed to be taking Euron's claims seriously? He is obviously a capable and dangerous person but considering that entire fleets have been lost trying to land in Valeria it just doesn't seem probable.
Yes. Euron is the ultimate pirate from the ultimate fleet. This also leads us to take him and his claims very seriously:

Quote:
According to Moqorro, he sees many threats to Daenerys in the flames. He can only see their shadows and claims the one that casts the most danger is:

“A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood.”
Old 06-20-2014, 06:00 PM   #2796
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I don't rank the seasons. Just enjoy the entire story.

But every season has had it's moment of absolute badassness.

I might watch all 4 seasons again, in marathon style.
My wife and I watched all three seasons in marathon this year just before they started this one...and we did it twice! It's amazing how many little things you pick up with a replay.

I have read the books ( half way through the Dance of Dragons ) and was glad they did as much in the last episode that they did. Reek isn't introduced until 200 pages into dance of dragons and HBO has been working him in for two seasons already. I felt they finally started to get "back on track " the last two or 3 episodes. They could have done so much better with a little more thought , but the T&A dept has to have their time too, I guess.
Overall I was satisfied with the season finale.
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 09:40 PM   #2797
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
'Game Of Thrones' Season 5 Will Travel To A New Land And Introduce New Characters
TVweb
TVWEB
JUN. 20, 2014, 10:55 AM 29,859 12
FACEBOOK
LINKEDIN
TWITTER
GOOGLE+
PRINT
EMAIL
game of thrones season 4 Oberyn Martell and Ellaria Sand
Helen Sloan / HBO
Next season will take viewers to Prince Oberyn's home of Dorne.

Game of Thrones showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss recently sat down with EW and broke down how they are planning to put the upcoming Season 5 of their hit fantasy series together. The next run of episodes will be pulled from the fourth and fifth novels in George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire saga: A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. They both take place at roughly the same time, but focus on different characters chronicled in the series.
When asked to give their take on next season, this is what they had to say.

"After finishing season 3, we were nervous about season 4-we'd been looking forward to the Red Wedding for so long that once we shot it, we feared everything beyond that would seem like an anti-climax. We grew less nervous when we outlined season 4, less nervous still when we wrote the episodes, and all nervousness evaporated when we saw the directors' cuts and knew we had a great season in hand. For season 5, again, the fear started to dissipate when we outlined it and realized how much story we had to tell. Now that we're nearly finished with the first drafts of each episode, we see no reason why the coming season shouldn't be the strongest yet."
They go on to discuss their relationship with writer George R.R. Martin.

"We have talked to George extensively about where he's going with the books, and will continue to do so. His books are the blueprint for the world we're building. Ultimately the show needs to work on its own terms, and keep on moving. Our job is to square that necessity with George's work to the best of our ability."
A recent casting breakdown leaked that Game of Thrones Season 5 will include the Dorne storyline, and that certain parts of the show will take place in Spain.David Benioff and D.B. Weiss confirmed that is true.

"There will be Dorne, and we're excited about it. Who wouldn't want to hang out in Dorne? They have admirable values and priorities. And have you seen Oberyn's coat?"
The pair also shares some information on where Littlefinger and Varys are heading in the upcoming season.

"Littlefinger has been open with a few people about what he wants: Varys, Sansa, a few prostitutes, us. He wants everything. He wants to sit on that throne. By necessity, his path there will be twisted and indirect. But everything he does in some way points to that goal. As for Varys: Early in the season, when speaking with Tyrion, Varys claims to be concerned primarily with self preservation. At the end of the season, though, his actions prove otherwise. He throws away the entire life he's built for himself in King's Landing to save Tyrion's life. Now what? ... "Now what?" will become eminently clear in season 5."
Will the fantasy elements of the show increase as the show continues along?

"The characters will always be the thing. The scenes that make us most excited are often the ones that take place between two people in a room. That said... the White Walkers aren't going away. The dragons aren't getting any smaller. Melisandre's still sorceressing, the giants are more pissed than ever, and Jaime's almost done building his jetpack. So... yeah, the fantasy's not going away. It is a fantasy show."
They finish up the interview by talking about a possible spin-off prequel will inevitability come to fruition.

"We have not talked about that. This is like three full-time jobs. The idea of trying to develop something in addition to that in this world wouldn't make sense at this point. If that happens, it's up to HBO and George. It's not something I would be a part of. We're interested in A Song of Ice and Fire."
HBO picked up the series for a fifth and sixth season on April 8, 2014, so stay tuned to find out when the next season will premiere.
Read more: http://www.tvweb.com/news/game-of-th...#ixzz35FHQKfzU
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 10:41 PM   #2798
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

"There will be Dorne, and we're excited about it. Who wouldn't want to hang out in Dorne? They have admirable values and priorities. And have you seen Oberyn's coat?"

Uh...
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:18 AM   #2799
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

I have to officially exit this thread. Love all you guys posting here, but it's getting too spoilery( I know, it's in the thread title) just don't know too many people who watch the show that I can discuss it with.My gal loved it till the Overyn death, but she has only watched this season.

Last edited by Bronc0guy; 06-21-2014 at 01:26 AM..
Old 06-21-2014, 09:14 AM   #2800
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Game Of Thrones Season 5 Premiere Spoilers: Air Date, Location & Casting Details
Article

Rate this Story 0 0
PrintEmailOrder ReprintsText Size
By Riza Ornos | June 20, 2014 1:10 PM EST
In a recent interview with "Game of Thrones" showrunners, David Benioff and D.B. Weiss, season 5 will take place in Dorne, the land of Prince Oberyn Martell. According to a report on Hollywood Life, the show creators are excited for the upcoming season since season 4 wrapped up on June 15, but fans have to wait an entire year before they can even glimpse the exotic landscape of Red Viper's birthing place.

View Full Image
REUTERS
Cast member Peter Dinklage arrives for the season four premiere of the HBO series "Game of Thrones" in New York in this March 18, 2014, file photo. The blood-filled finale of the fourth season of HBO's fantasy series "Game of Thrones" was watched by 7.1 million viewers, the network said on Monday, topping the 5.4 million people who watched last season's closing episode.

"There will be Dorne, and we're excited about it," Dan and David told the website in an interview. "Who wouldn't want to hang out in Dorne? They have admirable values and priorities. And have you seen Oberyn's coat?"

Other sources claimed that the highly anticipated season 5 air date will be on the last week of March or the first week of April, since the previous season premiere on April 6th. Now that GOT season 5 casting has already begun, new actors are set to complete the stellar cast of "Game of Thrones" including Prince Oberyn's eldest daughter, Obara, and her sister Tyene.

There are also some reports that Cersei's only daughter, Myrcella Baratheon, will be re-cast and young British actress Nell Tiger Free is reported to reprise the role of Aime Richardson. Known for her role in the BBC adaptation of "Mr. Stink," Free will play the young princess who was shipped to Dorne in the show's season 2.

Since the show will be focusing in Dorne, Myrcella's role will have more air time since she is set to marry Prince Trystane of Dorne. Although season 2 didn't give fans a deeper reason why she was shipped in a faraway land, season 5 will feature the princess as she falls in love with her handsome Dornish prince, based on WiC sources.

When the two show creators were asked about their series catching up with George R.R. Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire" series of novels, they revealed that the who will work on the author's terms. "We have talked to George extensively about where he's going with the books, and will continue to do so," Dan and David revealed.

"His books are the blueprint for the world we're building. Ultimately, the show needs to work on its own terms, and keep on moving. Our job is to square that necessity with George's work to the best of our ability," they added.
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/55641...m#.U6WuafldWPY
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote