The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #2726
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
This is good to hear. Do you happen to remember where you read that? I'd like to check it out.
Seriously. If that is the case I will gladly swallow most of my criticisms about the direction of the content.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:23 AM   #2727
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Seriously. If that is the case I will gladly swallow most of my criticisms about the direction of the content.
Yeah I can tone down the nerd rage if I can view the show as a completely separate entity.


On a different note, what happened to Danerys' Dothraki bloodriders in the show? (I'm one episode behind so sorry if Sunday's episode is full of bloodrider content).
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 08:50 AM   #2728
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
Yeah I can tone down the nerd rage if I can view the show as a completely separate entity.


On a different note, what happened to Danerys' Dothraki bloodriders in the show? (I'm one episode behind so sorry if Sunday's episode is full of bloodrider content).
I thought they were all killed by whatshisnuts in Qarth
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:01 AM   #2729
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I thought they were all killed by whatshisnuts in Qarth
Oh lame Don't remember but I believe you. It's almost like ****ing around in the desert is a stupid idea and she should just book it back to Westeros asap.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:23 AM   #2730
BroncoFanatic
Roaming Coloradan
 
BroncoFanatic's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Philadelphia area
Posts: 705

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I thought they were all killed by whatshisnuts in Qarth
I don't they they all were. I'm pretty sure I saw some of them guarding the platform during the execution a few episodes ago, the one Dany presided over. I haven't rewatched that one to be sure though
BroncoFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #2731
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,632

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
This is good to hear. Do you happen to remember where you read that? I'd like to check it out.
This week, he released an excerpt of the book online. In addition, when speaking about his current work on The Winds of Winter, the author revealed he connected some dots on a character and has a twist planned that will drive [his] readers crazy.

According to Martin: Im still weighing whether to go that direction or not. Its a great twist. Its easy to do things that are shocking or unexpected, but they have to grow out of characters. They have to grow out of situations. Otherwise, its just being shocking for being shocking.

Unfortunately for the people who only watch the TV show, Martin said the twist hes got in mind cannot come to fruition in the series because of choices the showrunners previously made.

http://www.ibtimes.com/game-thrones-...winter-1869848
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:42 AM   #2732
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,500
Default

Apparently, the producers are catching lots of flack over the Sansa rape scene and at least one website (Mary Sue?) has decided to quit covering the program because of all the violence. A reviewer for Variety also came down on them hard because, even though they recognize that something even worse happened to another character (Sansa's former handmaiden) at the same stage of the books, the show has already established Ramsey's sadism and they think the producers could easily have cut out this part - like so many other subplots.

As mentioned, I won't be watching this season until it comes out on DVD, but I wonder what thoughts you folks who are actually watching the show now might have on this matter?

Was it really that graphic and terrible? Just how bad was it?

Why was it so much more controversial for this to happen to Sansa rather than Jayne Poole? Is it just because people identify with Sansa and Poole, as a more obscure character, was more of a "statistic?"

What about the apparent streamlining choice in having Littlefinger take Sansa to Winterfell rather than LFs marriage machinations in the Vale? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:49 AM   #2733
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Apparently, the producers are catching lots of flack over the Sansa rape scene and at least one website (Mary Sue?) has decided to quit covering the program because of all the violence. A reviewer for Variety also came down on them hard because, even though they recognize that something even worse happened to another character (Sansa's former handmaiden) at the same stage of the books, the show has already established Ramsey's sadism and they think the producers could easily have cut out this part - like so many other subplots.

As mentioned, I won't be watching this season until it comes out on DVD, but I wonder what thoughts you folks who are actually watching the show now might have on this matter?

Was it really that graphic and terrible? Just how bad was it?

Why was it so much more controversial for this to happen to Sansa rather than Jayne Poole? Is it just because people identify with Sansa and Poole, as a more obscure character, was more of a "statistic?"

What about the apparent streamlining choice in having Littlefinger take Sansa to Winterfell rather than LFs marriage machinations in the Vale? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
That was a rather mild rape scene actually. Some people just freak out over any and all representations of rape in movies and TV. As far as the changes to the story go, I think they suck honestly, and beyond that don't make much sense. Littlefinger would never hand over Sansa to be raped and tortured by Ramsey Bolton like that. The Bolton's are doomed anyway, and he would know that. They offer nothing to him as allies.

Last edited by Agamemnon; 05-22-2015 at 09:53 AM..
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:58 AM   #2734
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Apparently, the producers are catching lots of flack over the Sansa rape scene and at least one website (Mary Sue?) has decided to quit covering the program because of all the violence. A reviewer for Variety also came down on them hard because, even though they recognize that something even worse happened to another character (Sansa's former handmaiden) at the same stage of the books, the show has already established Ramsey's sadism and they think the producers could easily have cut out this part - like so many other subplots.

As mentioned, I won't be watching this season until it comes out on DVD, but I wonder what thoughts you folks who are actually watching the show now might have on this matter?

Was it really that graphic and terrible? Just how bad was it?

Why was it so much more controversial for this to happen to Sansa rather than Jayne Poole? Is it just because people identify with Sansa and Poole, as a more obscure character, was more of a "statistic?"

What about the apparent streamlining choice in having Littlefinger take Sansa to Winterfell rather than LFs marriage machinations in the Vale? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
There was no real visual of the rape. It was similar to the first Daenerys and Drogo sex scene where she is crying except this scene was less graphic.

It was a bit more disturbing because of the situation...The show has well established how demented Ramsey is and how innocent Sansa is. Plus he made Theon watch which was pretty ****ed up.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:06 AM   #2735
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Repeat City

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
This GOT season is like Rocky 5. Very underwhelming.
Rocky 5 SUCKED ASS. I wouldn't say that about this season of GOT, but it has been slow. I have enjoyed the past two episodes though, and I have high hopes for the last few episodes.

Last edited by Bronc0guy; 05-22-2015 at 10:15 AM..
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:07 AM   #2736
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakatomi Plaza
Posts: 22,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Apparently, the producers are catching lots of flack over the Sansa rape scene and at least one website (Mary Sue?) has decided to quit covering the program because of all the violence. A reviewer for Variety also came down on them hard because, even though they recognize that something even worse happened to another character (Sansa's former handmaiden) at the same stage of the books, the show has already established Ramsey's sadism and they think the producers could easily have cut out this part - like so many other subplots.

As mentioned, I won't be watching this season until it comes out on DVD, but I wonder what thoughts you folks who are actually watching the show now might have on this matter?

Was it really that graphic and terrible? Just how bad was it?

Why was it so much more controversial for this to happen to Sansa rather than Jayne Poole? Is it just because people identify with Sansa and Poole, as a more obscure character, was more of a "statistic?"

What about the apparent streamlining choice in having Littlefinger take Sansa to Winterfell rather than LFs marriage machinations in the Vale? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
I think it was shocking because Sansa already endured so much and they've shown that she's turned into a strong woman....then her reward for being strong is that she's raped. Like Aga said, the scene wasn't horrific or anything. The issue is the changes in the storyline putting the show on a decline (IMO) this season. Hope they turn it around soon.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:19 AM   #2737
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Repeat City

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Apparently, the producers are catching lots of flack over the Sansa rape scene and at least one website (Mary Sue?) has decided to quit covering the program because of all the violence. A reviewer for Variety also came down on them hard because, even though they recognize that something even worse happened to another character (Sansa's former handmaiden) at the same stage of the books, the show has already established Ramsey's sadism and they think the producers could easily have cut out this part - like so many other subplots.

As mentioned, I won't be watching this season until it comes out on DVD, but I wonder what thoughts you folks who are actually watching the show now might have on this matter?

Was it really that graphic and terrible? Just how bad was it?

Why was it so much more controversial for this to happen to Sansa rather than Jayne Poole? Is it just because people identify with Sansa and Poole, as a more obscure character, was more of a "statistic?"

What about the apparent streamlining choice in having Littlefinger take Sansa to Winterfell rather than LFs marriage machinations in the Vale? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
I found it disturbing, mainly because of how innocent Sansa is, being a Virgin and what not. It was obvious that it was coming two episodes ago, but I was still hoping like hell it somehow wouldn't happen.

Visually, it wasn't disturbing at all. I've seen much, much worse on TV. (Marilyn Manson's character butt raping Juice on Sons of Anarchy comes to mind)

Last edited by Bronc0guy; 05-22-2015 at 10:21 AM..
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #2738
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Apparently, the producers are catching lots of flack over the Sansa rape scene and at least one website (Mary Sue?) has decided to quit covering the program because of all the violence. A reviewer for Variety also came down on them hard because, even though they recognize that something even worse happened to another character (Sansa's former handmaiden) at the same stage of the books, the show has already established Ramsey's sadism and they think the producers could easily have cut out this part - like so many other subplots.

As mentioned, I won't be watching this season until it comes out on DVD, but I wonder what thoughts you folks who are actually watching the show now might have on this matter?

Was it really that graphic and terrible? Just how bad was it?

Why was it so much more controversial for this to happen to Sansa rather than Jayne Poole? Is it just because people identify with Sansa and Poole, as a more obscure character, was more of a "statistic?"
No. It is a bunch of people looking for something to get offended over and get their names out as social justice warriors. And I don't believe it would have been as bad had it been with Jeyne because people wouldn't have been as "attached"
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #2739
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Repeat City

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
No. It is a bunch of people looking for something to get offended over and get their names out as social justice warriors. And I don't believe it would have been as bad had it been with Jeyne because people wouldn't have been as "attached"
100% agree.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:00 AM   #2740
spdirty
Ring of Famer
 
spdirty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bailey
Posts: 16,284

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trevor Siemian!
Default

My issue with it is that for basically 3 1/2 seasons Sansa has been the weak minded victim that has to endure bad things. Then little finger gets ahold of her, you get the transformation of her into a stronger character that's coming out of her victim shell, then she gets raped by Ramsey.

Even on her wedding day how she handled his mistress that was trying to bathe and intimidate her, it gives you hope that she won't put up with Ramsey's ****, but oh no, all this buildup to become a rape victim. What I'm wondering is what will be the aftermath of her rape? Will she be the victim that's afraid of everything and waiting for little finger to save her? Or will she just stop giving a damn about what's happened to her, and decide to rely only on herself and trust no one in the future?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:10 AM   #2741
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 
For Gort

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 31,353

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Its weird that this scene is getting so much attention, but then again, last years incest rape got people into a tizzy until they finally calmed down.

My main issue with the scene was that it was told through Theon's pain. I didn't appreciate that.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:19 AM   #2742
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
My issue with it is that for basically 3 1/2 seasons Sansa has been the weak minded victim that has to endure bad things. Then little finger gets ahold of her, you get the transformation of her into a stronger character that's coming out of her victim shell, then she gets raped by Ramsey.

Even on her wedding day how she handled his mistress that was trying to bathe and intimidate her, it gives you hope that she won't put up with Ramsey's ****, but oh no, all this buildup to become a rape victim. What I'm wondering is what will be the aftermath of her rape? Will she be the victim that's afraid of everything and waiting for little finger to save her? Or will she just stop giving a damn about what's happened to her, and decide to rely only on herself and trust no one in the future?
What exactly do you think she could've done? Her gaining in strength is an internal thing. She couldn't have fought off Ramsey physically, and we know Ramsey isn't the type that could've been stopped by her simply standing up to him. She already knows he tortures people, flays people, and hunts people. Her strength is more about her willingness to suffer through it all to gain back Winterfell eventually.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:22 AM   #2743
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Repeat City

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Its weird that this scene is getting so much attention, but then again, last years incest rape got people into a tizzy until they finally calmed down.

My main issue with the scene was that it was told through Theon's pain. I didn't appreciate that.
Good point. That probably was the worst part about it all. Hopefully Sansa and Theon have some sort of redemption. Given the way things are going, I'm not getting my hopes up.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #2744
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Its weird that this scene is getting so much attention, but then again, last years incest rape got people into a tizzy until they finally calmed down.

My main issue with the scene was that it was told through Theon's pain. I didn't appreciate that.
Yeah, that's a fair point. Are we supposed to forget what a scumbag Theon was now that he's a victim? I don't get it. At least Sansa is a character who is easy to feel bad for. I just feel like Theon needs to be put out of his misery. I don't feel bad for him beyond that.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #2745
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!
 
Drunk Monkey's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Apparently, the producers are catching lots of flack over the Sansa rape scene and at least one website (Mary Sue?) has decided to quit covering the program because of all the violence. A reviewer for Variety also came down on them hard because, even though they recognize that something even worse happened to another character (Sansa's former handmaiden) at the same stage of the books, the show has already established Ramsey's sadism and they think the producers could easily have cut out this part - like so many other subplots.

As mentioned, I won't be watching this season until it comes out on DVD, but I wonder what thoughts you folks who are actually watching the show now might have on this matter?

Was it really that graphic and terrible? Just how bad was it?

Why was it so much more controversial for this to happen to Sansa rather than Jayne Poole? Is it just because people identify with Sansa and Poole, as a more obscure character, was more of a "statistic?"

What about the apparent streamlining choice in having Littlefinger take Sansa to Winterfell rather than LFs marriage machinations in the Vale? Good? Bad? Indifferent?
I would say it was a medium to medium strong rape. Not overly rapey but still rapey enough to raise an eyebrow.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:34 PM   #2746
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Nakatomi Plaza
Posts: 22,215

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I would say it was a medium to medium strong rape. Not overly rapey but still rapey enough to raise an eyebrow.
Did Ben Rothlesburger chime in on this subject yet?
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:05 PM   #2747
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer
 
Agamemnon's Avatar
 
Resurrected!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 18,016

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I would say it was a medium to medium strong rape. Not overly rapey but still rapey enough to raise an eyebrow.
what?
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:25 PM   #2748
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,586

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
I would say it was a medium to medium strong rape. Not overly rapey but still rapey enough to raise an eyebrow.


Our resident rape sommelier. Would you say this rape will become more rapey with age? Perhaps you have some other shows that we could pair with this rape scene?
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:39 PM   #2749
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
I will Impregnate you

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 4,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich
Default

No Nudity
No Force(probably would have been if she resisted)
No resisting
No Threats
She gave it up easier then a prisoner dropping the soap. You don't even see her get raped. You see Theons face and hear her do her best porn actress impersonation.I thought it was so mild because the actress was underage, then I remembered she isnt. Maybe because we saw that actress playing that character when she was underage. I don't know, saw nothing wrong with it. Man, I hate Sansas character.

Last edited by broncolife; 05-22-2015 at 02:44 PM..
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 02:47 PM   #2750
GobBluth
Seasoned Veteran
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

A lot of medium to medium strong points of view up in this b****...
GobBluth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 PM.


Denver Broncos