The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2014, 02:06 PM   #2651
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I thought the episode was amazing. Maybe not Blackwater amazing, but they left that budget on screen.

I'd say of all the plot lines in thrones (and god knows there are many), the conflict with the wildlings and the wall was my least favorite. But i was hooked last night!
It's not that the episode wasn't well put together. It was entertaining, but didn't follow the same structure as most of the rest of the series (and books) - flipping between several plot lines...especially with the heightened suspense in the King's Landing and Sansa/Arya plot lines. I knew this episode was going to be Castle Black heavy, but I wasn't expecting an entire episode dedicated to it.

Plus I really hate that Rose Leslie is gone even though we knew it was coming. I am overly bitter about it.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:15 PM   #2652
400HZ
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ed Hochuli

The last episode just highlighted how boring of a character Jon Snow is at this point in the story. He doesn't approach the complexity of characters like Tyrion, Jamie, Oberyn, Tywin, the Hound., etc. Jamie and Tyrion talking about beetles should not be more interesting than watching the Nights Watch battle an army of Antarctic barbarians, but none of the Nights Watch characters are compelling enough to pull it off. Jon Snow is just a whiny Dudley Do Right. Sam sucks. The acting commander guy (can't remember name) actually became somewhat interesting, but we haven't seen him enough so far to really care what he does. I did like Ygritte.

The battle of the blackwater was driven forward by Joffre, Tyrion, Cersei, Stannis, and ultimately Tywin. The battle for the wall had way too much nameless Then kills nameless Nights Watch brother. I think that's why the battle fell flat for me.
400HZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 02:23 PM   #2653
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Still bitter that we never got a full on lesbo scene between the two like in the books.
Something that I was excited to see and disappointed when they failed to deliver.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #2654
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
She wouldn't have killed him. She was starting to lower the bow right before she got hit. Plus she was the hottest actress on the show.
Emilia Clarke, Natalie Dormer, Nathalie Emmanuel, Carice van Houten, Oona Chaplin say you are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
I have money on Jaime killing Cersei at some point.
**** that, Tyrion or Sansa should kill that b****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The books are becoming irrelevent. The vast majority of people are going to remember what happens in the shows, and by most accounts from people I know, they regard the books as "Not as good as the show anyway." However, I can't verify that and won't.
That claim makes no sense. yes plenty of people watch the show without reading the books. But the books is the source material and it makes the show even better to see it unfold on screen.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #2655
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #2656
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
So Tyrions dead. Perfect!
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:01 PM   #2657
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Emilia Clarke, Natalie Dormer, Nathalie Emmanuel, Carice van Houten, Oona Chaplin say you are wrong.
Dude, personal preference was to Rose Leslie. Not saying the other ladies are unattractive because that is just crazy talk, I just like pale redheads. With Emilia I like her better as brunette as I am not that in to blondes. Carice van Houten's character kind of creeps me out and makes her a bit of a boner killer. Oona's character is dead. I forgot about Natalie because she has been absent the majority of the season. And as hot as Nathalie is, I like redheads.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:06 PM   #2658
Bronc0guy
50 Omaha Set Hut

Get him in the HOF

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Dude, personal preference was to Rose Leslie. Not saying the other ladies are unattractive because that is just crazy talk, I just like pale redheads. With Emilia I like her better as brunette as I am not that in to blondes. Carice van Houten's character kind of creeps me out and makes her a bit of a boner killer. Oona's character is dead. I forgot about Natalie because she has been absent the majority of the season. And as hot as Nathalie is, I like redheads.
I know a girl in Lubbock Texas, that you might kill for.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:33 PM   #2659
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I know it is. But out of all the chicks to say that about...
Certain statements just make me turn around and say WTF.
Not that she is not cute, even more so while not on the show.

Carice's character is just sexy as hell but it feels kind of kinky to like her.
It is kind of creepy like she might tie you up or something and then whip out a demon to sacrifice you to.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:42 PM   #2660
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

Ice and Fire

Too much Sam, I think they showed him more than Snow. Please stop with the Sam and Gilly crap.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #2661
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Too much Sam, I think they showed him more than Snow. Please stop with the Sam and Gilly crap.
Sam needs to stop messing around, break those vows, tap that, claim that and lock it down.
Old 06-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #2662
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
I know it is. But out of all the chicks to say that about...
Certain statements just make me turn around and say WTF.
Not that she is not cute, even more so while not on the show.

Carice's character is just sexy as hell but it feels kind of kinky to like her.
It is kind of creepy like she might tie you up or something and then whip out a demon to sacrifice you to.
You might be right about the character she plays being a reason for the attraction. Always did like a girl who wasn't afraid to get dirty and isn't some frail weakling
Old 06-09-2014, 07:59 PM   #2663
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Almost forgot about Oona Chaplin. Love me some Oona. McKee is a close second.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #2664
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
I actually like how Sam has developed.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #2665
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

I must be alone in enjoying the episode. True it wasn't the Mountain and Viper but its hard to have episodes like that back to back. There wasn't much to be done at the wall until the fight and now Jon's negotiations with Mance Rayder in the final episode. the problem is that Jon Snow just isn't that great an actor so following him in a full episode can feel a little dull.

I am curious to see what happens next week. Of course in the books Jon Snow makes his deal with the Wildlings after Stannis helps him to defeat them, hence making them on his own terms. It seems like Jon will be making the deal directly with Mance in the show version, which of course begs the question where will Stannis show up now that he's being backed by the Iron Bank?
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:58 AM   #2666
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:11 AM   #2667
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
I must be alone in enjoying the episode. True it wasn't the Mountain and Viper but its hard to have episodes like that back to back. There wasn't much to be done at the wall until the fight and now Jon's negotiations with Mance Rayder in the final episode. the problem is that Jon Snow just isn't that great an actor so following him in a full episode can feel a little dull.

I am curious to see what happens next week. Of course in the books Jon Snow makes his deal with the Wildlings after Stannis helps him to defeat them, hence making them on his own terms. It seems like Jon will be making the deal directly with Mance in the show version, which of course begs the question where will Stannis show up now that he's being backed by the Iron Bank?
Unless some way or another Stannis army just shows up without every explaining it. I would imagine you would have to include Stannis army taking out the Mance's army right?
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 11:13 AM   #2668
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Unless some way or another Stannis army just shows up without every explaining it. I would imagine you would have to include Stannis army taking out the Mance's army right?
Maybe? If the only need is to take out Mance's army then there are a few possibilities - one that Mance purposefully misrepresented the size of the army to Jon Snow leading him to think there were far more of them than reality. Another would be to have the WW attack Mance's army at heavy casualties

I expect it is important for Stannis to end up in the north somehow though
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #2669
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

No one ever looked for a girl. It was a prince that was promised, not a princess. Rhaegar I thought … the smoke was from the fire that devoured Summerhall on the day of his birth, the salt from the tears shed for those who died. He shared my belief when he was young, but later he became persuaded that it was his own son who fulfilled the prophecy, for a comet had been seen above King’s Landing on the night Aegon was conceived, and Rhaegar was certain the bleeding star had to be a comet.

What fools we were, who thought ourselves so wise! The error crept in from the translation. Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years.

Daenerys is the one, born amidst salt and smoke. The dragons prove it.

-Maester Aemon
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #2670
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
LMAO
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 12:54 PM   #2671
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The books are becoming irrelevent. The vast majority of people are going to remember what happens in the shows, and by most accounts from people I know, they regard the books as "Not as good as the show anyway." However, I can't verify that and won't.
What? lol

no.

The shows don't even touch the greatness of the books. It's an entertaining show, and I love it, but the depth of texture in the books is above and beyond what the show can deliver.

I watch the show, but the books are the real thing to me.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:09 PM   #2672
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I can't hardly understand the criticism of this episode. We watched Pip and Grenn die. Ygritte dies in Jon Snow's arms. Sam shows huge development as a character in this episode, especially when contrasted from who he was when he entered the watch. Tyrion's judgement when he questioned Janos Slynt's honor in season two was confirmed. Fricking Giants attacked the wall. Ghost goes on a rampage. Ser Alliser shows that while he's an insufferable a-hole, he's at least one who has some ability in a fight. Jon Snow shows that he learned the lesson of his fight at Craster's keep, fights dirty and wins. Dolorous Edd shows that he's actually got some chops as a leaders. Tormund fricken Giantsbane shows he's an absolute badass. And in the end, Snow shows that he's willing to put himself at risk for duty - a true Stark.

What the hell? This episode was so full of character and action - whyare people complaining?

Last edited by Taco John; 06-10-2014 at 02:31 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:29 PM   #2673
JLesSPE
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I can't hardly understand the criticism of this episode. We watched Pip and Grenn die. Ygritte dies in Jon Snow's arms. Sam shows huge development as a character in this episode, especially when contrasted from who he was when he entered the watch. Tyrion's judgement when he questioned Janos Slynt's honor in episode one was confirmed. Fricking Giants attacked the wall. Ghost goes on a rampage. Ser Alliser shows that while he's an insufferable a-hole, he's at least one who has some ability in a fight. Jon Snow shows that he learned the lesson of his fight at Craster's keep, fights dirty and wins. Dolorous Edd shows that he's actually got some chops as a leaders. Tormund fricken Giantsbane shows he's an absolute badass. And in the end, Snow shows that he's willing to put himself at risk for duty - a true Stark.

What the hell? This episode was so full of character and action - whyare people complaining?
Preach
JLesSPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:42 PM   #2674
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
I can't hardly understand the criticism of this episode. We watched Pip and Grenn die. Ygritte dies in Jon Snow's arms. Sam shows huge development as a character in this episode, especially when contrasted from who he was when he entered the watch. Tyrion's judgement when he questioned Janos Slynt's honor in episode one was confirmed. Fricking Giants attacked the wall. Ghost goes on a rampage. Ser Alliser shows that while he's an insufferable a-hole, he's at least one who has some ability in a fight. Jon Snow shows that he learned the lesson of his fight at Craster's keep, fights dirty and wins. Dolorous Edd shows that he's actually got some chops as a leaders. Tormund fricken Giantsbane shows he's an absolute badass. And in the end, Snow shows that he's willing to put himself at risk for duty - a true Stark.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:30 PM   #2675
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDman View Post
I actually like how Sam has developed.
I haven't read the books but it seems like they are growing him into someone who will be more important next season.

He's growing some balls, becoming a leader, and not being a p***Y so much anymore.

Glad to see that b**** die though. She was bugging me and John Snow has more things to worry about then getting laid again.

Too bad the wolf didn't eat her, that is what I thought would happen.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote