The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2015, 08:56 AM   #2651
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

How can the show (or book) possibly reveal Jon being a Targaryen? Anyone who would have known is now dead. The only other option is someone like Melisandre announcing it through her magic/visions. But would the world really believe some crazy witch?

Unless Drogon is flying to Jon and answers to him. That would be awesome. Poor Ghost though. Speaking of which, where the **** is Ghost? The direwolves don't get any screen time anymore. They need to put Ghost in the spotlight now that Robb's is gone.

Last edited by Brohemoth; 05-12-2015 at 09:04 AM..
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:04 AM   #2652
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBronco View Post
From a book [s]nerd[/s] enthusiast standpoint, the rage comes from missing out on getting to see awesome scenes from the book, such as Barristan's one on one with the Dothraki bodyguard. And because we wanted to see Strong Belwas and his ridiculous tiny vest.
Don't forget the crowd always whining when a sex scene gets cut.

"Where's the Daenerys/Hand-maiden four way lesbo orgy!!!?!?!?!"
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #2653
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
How can the show (or book) possibly reveal Jon being a Targaryen? Anyone who would have known is now dead. The only other option is someone like Melisandre announcing it through her magic/visions. But would the world really believe some crazy witch?

Unless Drogon is flying to Jon and answers to him. That would be awesome. Poor Ghost though. Speaking of which, where the **** is Ghost? The direwolves don't get any screen time anymore. They need to put Ghost in the spotlight now that Robb's is gone.
Howland Reed bro! I can't WAIT to meet Howland Reed.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:15 AM   #2654
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin

I will Impregnate you

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich

Besides reed my guess is bran will see his father through the trees praying about what happend. Or snow gets white hair when whatever happens to him after being stabbed. Maybe melisandre notices he has kingsblood.
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:27 PM   #2655
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
Besides reed my guess is bran will see his father through the trees praying about what happend. Or snow gets white hair when whatever happens to him after being stabbed. Maybe melisandre notices he has kingsblood.
If they bring Ned back for an episode, even if it's just for a vision, it would be cool and nostalgic.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 12:32 PM   #2656
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Commitment or Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

Would have been the highest rated episode ever!
IndelibleScribe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 01:44 PM   #2657
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:

The 100 percent purists are pretty ridiculous no doubt. But sometimes it's like why the hell did that get cut or why was that replaced?
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 02:35 PM   #2658
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
People that don't read the books, like me, think it's great. Apparently people who do read the books aren't happy. They may as well stop watching now because the show will no longer follow the books.
i FEEL THE SAME WAY, i AM ENJOYNG THE HECK OUT OF THE SHOW. i TRIED READING THE BOOKS AFTER SEASON 3 AND GOT BORED BECAUSE i FELT LIKE i WAS READING EVERYTHING i'D ALREADY SEEN, PLUS HIS STYLE OF WRITING FOR SEEM REEASON DIDN'T GRAB ME.

Damn caps lock.

That having been said, reading what people say is in the book and not in the show let's me know I am missing some pretty cool stuff.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:00 PM   #2659
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

I read the books but stopped halfway through a dance with dragons....
I don't think Martin is going to finish them and it will end up being ghost written anyway...so we probably won't know anything that he really would have put in or taken out. Like John Snow..we know nothing.

Besides the Show is supposedly being approved by him anyway.

I do agree that the last episode seemed to move slow....but that just probably means that they will start to move somewhat fast the last half of this year.

I believe they have only approved two more years.....after all they need to wrap this up before the actors are all older than Aemon Targaryen and the budget gets even bigger!
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:04 PM   #2660
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottXray View Post
I read the books but stopped halfway through a dance with dragons....
Did the Sam chapters get to you? You can only read about how out of breath and scared someone is so many times before you lose interest. "Oh you peed yourself again?? Imagine that. How are you still fat!? You haven't eaten in MONTHS"
Old 05-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #2661
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post

That having been said, reading what people say is in the book and not in the show let's me know I am missing some pretty cool stuff.
The really cool stuff is in the flashbacks to Robert's Rebellion, you don't get enough of that in the show. Like it's to the point where the Robert's Rebellion could be a standalone movie. That I would pay upwards of $40 to see in Imax.

It's kind of the same as what he's done with the Dunk and Egg short stories, they take place like 30ish (I think?) years after the Blackfyre Rebellion (about 100 years before the events of the show/books). The short stories are cool, but you're like "when's the next Rebellion flashback!?"
Old 05-12-2015, 03:28 PM   #2662
Agamemnon
Ring of Famer

Trump is human garbage

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
What's the point of making a show follow exactly to a book or comic?

If a fan of the book then go read that again. I'd rather them take creative liscense to form the best product for ther type of media.
Who said anything about them needing to follow the books exactly? The issue is when you change the story drastically and not for the better.
Agamemnon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:35 AM   #2663
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
People that don't read the books, like me, think it's great. Apparently people who do read the books aren't happy. They may as well stop watching now because the show will no longer follow the books.
This.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 01:36 AM   #2664
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy

Repeat City

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:

On second thought, maybe I should read the books.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:46 AM   #2665
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Who said anything about them needing to follow the books exactly? The issue is when you change the story drastically and not for the better.
This. Seriously, taking a little boat through the ruins of Valyria? One of the best part of the series, both book and TV, they have set up to this point was how NO ONE goes there and comes back alive.

That and goddam Frey Pie. They are dangerously close to excluding Frey Pie.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:48 AM   #2666
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
The 100 percent purists are pretty ridiculous no doubt. But sometimes it's like why the hell did that get cut or why was that replaced?
I'm not saying I always disagree with them. But some of the changes I enjoy because I think the chemistry of the actors needs to make the show feel organic. For example Tyrion and Jamie still being friends was preferable to me than the book's version of their parting. The actors had a real rapport and it seemed more natural.

I'm just speaking to the shrill lamenting every time every detail isn't in line. Sometimes the changes make sense and help simplify things.
Old 05-13-2015, 08:58 AM   #2667
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
I'm not saying I always disagree with them. But some of the changes I enjoy because I think the chemistry of the actors needs to make the show feel organic. For example Tyrion and Jamie still being friends was preferable to me than the book's version of their parting. The actors had a real rapport and it seemed more natural.

I'm just speaking to the shrill lamenting every time every detail isn't in line. Sometimes the changes make sense and help simplify things.
So you're saying my meltdown over Areo Hotah's skin colour was unjustified?

Old 05-13-2015, 09:25 AM   #2668
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:

No, I totally agree that they played off of each other well. Then they go ahead and spoil it with a 5 minute monologue about a Lannister with brain damage smashing beetles.

It seemed over the first few seasons that when changes were made, they were by and large to improve the storyline or to bypassing funding limitations. Obviously you can't remove an actor for an entire season just because they were barely in the story so things have to be condensed or plot lines introduced. Now, it seems those changes are "lazy" for lack of a better word.

I don't have problems with changes as long as they are better/more creative than the book or there is a reasonable justification (cost, Martin's insane writing style, etc). I wish I hadn't read the books first but even my non-reader friends and family have commented about it seemingly getting a little stale. Granted some of them are the type that want episode 8 and 9 action for each one but most just want a good story.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #2669
v2micca
Tupac at Coachella

Richard III was a field guide.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lorenzo Doss

Quote:

Except, they aren't friends anymore. Jamie basically said he will kill Tyrion if he ever sees him for murdering their father. So, if you were going to make them enemies anyway, you might as well pay off the whole marriage story-line Tyrion mentioned back in season 1 and let the actor's chemistry work to create a truly gut-wrenching scene.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #2670
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Except, they aren't friends anymore. Jamie basically said he will kill Tyrion if he ever sees him for murdering their father. So, if you were going to make them enemies anyway, you might as well pay off the whole marriage story-line Tyrion mentioned back in season 1 and let the actor's chemistry work to create a truly gut-wrenching scene.
Was Jaime that torn up about his father dying in the books? For some reason I don't think so.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:29 AM   #2671
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Was Jaime that torn up about his father dying in the books? For some reason I don't think so.
I caught that too...I don't think he was.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:06 PM   #2672
Kaylore
Three Lombardis

This one's for Pat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
I didn't take it that way. He'd "have" to kill him as his duty and because it would be expected of him, but the entire Lannister clan hated their dad. At least that's how I took it. If anything it was one of the things that bonded them with each other; Mutual despising of their father.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:37 PM   #2673
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

this. In the books, Jamie's "reveal" that Tyrion's teenage wife had been an innocent after all - (and brutally gang raped on Tywin's orders) was what drove him into a killing rage.

Would have been epic to watch these actors play that scene. One of the most glaring omissions to me so far.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 12:51 PM   #2674
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
this. In the books, Jamie's "reveal" that Tyrion's teenage wife had been an innocent after all - (and brutally gang raped on Tywin's orders) was what drove him into a killing rage.

Would have been epic to watch these actors play that scene. One of the most glaring omissions to me so far.
Absolutely, it's what made him killing Shea so powerful, and composes 90% of his thoughts in DOD.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:47 PM   #2675
v2micca
Tupac at Coachella

Richard III was a field guide.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lorenzo Doss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
Absolutely, it's what made him killing Shea so powerful, and composes 90% of his thoughts in DOD.
Although, I don't miss Tyrion's near constant refrain of "where do whores go?".
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote