The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2015, 07:15 AM   #2601
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,588

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Last nights episode was quite slow, IMO. Although the Jon Snow storyline has gotten very interesting in the last couple episodes. Last nights execution by Snow was the exact opposite than Daenarys last week. Daenarys was looking away and had someone else do her bidding, looked very weak, IMO compared to Snow.
Which I liked because they are finally showing how terrible of a ruler she was in the books. I'm not a fan of the Daenarys worship that the fan base seemed to have forced the show to turn towards.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:43 AM   #2602
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 49,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
It's a nod to the very beginning of the story when Ned kills the deserter and tells Bran that the man that passes the judgment should swing the sword.
The whole episode was a nod to Ned IMO showing that Jon Snow is becoming the Lord he should have been all along.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:06 AM   #2603
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,549

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The whole episode was a nod to Ned IMO showing that Jon Snow is becoming the Lord he should have been all along.
Yup, but I wish he'd care about being lord of something substantial and not his band of wall rejects.

He would be much better fortified against the wildlings and white walkers as ruler of the North. His resources would increase tenfold. He'd be killing two birds with one stone.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:25 AM   #2604
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Yup, but I wish he'd care about being lord of something substantial and not his band of wall rejects.

He would be much better fortified against the wildlings and white walkers as ruler of the North. His resources would increase tenfold. He'd be killing two birds with one stone.
"But vows and honor and wah wah wah" **** sakes Jon Snow! You were JUST shacking up with Ygritte.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #2605
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Repeat City

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Last nights episode was quite slow, IMO
Agreed, kind of feel like it's been that way for the whole season thus far. Compared to how season 4 started, I guess that's to be expected.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 10:28 AM   #2606
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 31,389
Default

You know nothing John Snow!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 04:28 PM   #2607
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 17,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsRule View Post
I like the divergence from the books. Putting Sansa in Ramsay's clutches instead of Jeane Poole..

Good stuff!
lol....new and innovative ways to stick it to a Stark.

Ramsay is one evil and twisted dude.

Theon Greyjoy is just a twitching eunuch since Ramsay got done with him.

I'm sure Ramsay and Sansa's first night together will be romantic.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:30 PM   #2608
Samiwindr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Samiwindr's Avatar
 
Helicopter style

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sly Williams
Default

They are moving into uncharted territory on several fronts. The books basically left Arya in the temple and training to be No One. They have the rest of the season to build on this storyline.

They also fast-tracked Tyrion to the Queen, so they will have a brand new thread that has yet to be written. I wonder if they'll come back and weave his dwarf love interest into the show later.

The game of wits between Cersei and Margaery should play out well on-screen. Jonathon Price will make a great 'High Sparrow'.
Samiwindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:51 PM   #2609
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer
 
Brohemoth's Avatar
 
Question everything

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,549

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiwindr View Post
They are moving into uncharted territory on several fronts. The books basically left Arya in the temple and training to be No One. They have the rest of the season to build on this storyline.

They also fast-tracked Tyrion to the Queen, so they will have a brand new thread that has yet to be written. I wonder if they'll come back and weave his dwarf love interest into the show later.

The game of wits between Cersei and Margaery should play out well on-screen. Jonathon Price will make a great 'High Sparrow'.
At least it will begin to humble the book crowd. Haha.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 06:52 PM   #2610
retro
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 4,197

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The fact characters piss you off and frustrate you just shows how good the writing is.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:18 PM   #2611
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Is It Draft Day Yet?
 

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 3,301
Default

Feel bad for Sansa. Ramsay tortured the hell out of Jeyne and made her have sex with his dogs. Wonder how far HBO is going to take it with Sansa stepping in.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #2612
jutang
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,188
Default

As a non book reader who has took it up the behind from Martin too many times, this season is building up the Starks again only to see them get destroyed again.
Jon's honor is going get him beheaded. Arya keeps needle and will pay for it somehow in the end.
Sansa still sounds like a whiny little brat.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #2613
Bronc0guy
Hard hat & lunch pail guy
 
Bronc0guy's Avatar
 
Repeat City

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,697

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Feel bad for Sansa. Ramsay tortured the hell out of Jeyne and made her have sex with his dogs. Wonder how far HBO is going to take it with Sansa stepping in.
Is she the one they hunted down and killed in a brief scene last season? At the very beginning of an episode I believe.
Bronc0guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:09 PM   #2614
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
Is she the one they hunted down and killed in a brief scene last season? At the very beginning of an episode I believe.
Nope I'm pretty sure that was just generic sex slave woman.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:35 PM   #2615
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jutang View Post
As a non book reader who has took it up the behind from Martin too many times, this season is building up the Starks again only to see them get destroyed again.
Jon's honor is going get him beheaded. Arya keeps needle and will pay for it somehow in the end.
Sansa still sounds like a whiny little brat.
Nah, the setup is that the Starks (John and Bran) have moved beyond the petty bull**** of Westeros and are doing actual **** that matters to the salvation of man. Except Aria who's story of angst in the show is as boring and stupid as in the books.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:38 PM   #2616
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
Which I liked because they are finally showing how terrible of a ruler she was in the books. I'm not a fan of the Daenarys worship that the fan base seemed to have forced the show to turn towards.
It's the same storyline as the books though. There's been nothing forced about it.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:39 PM   #2617
rmsanger
Elway > PFM
 
rmsanger's Avatar
 
Another one bites the dust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,614

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Darian Stewart
Default

Meh more filler... At this point snow the uncle at castlery rock and arya's teacher are the only characters of interest.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:59 AM   #2618
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,588

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
It's the same storyline as the books though. There's been nothing forced about it.
The storyline is the same, yes. But IMO until literally just with the beheading, she has been portrayed as way more competent than she actually was in the books. I think a lot of that had to do with the fan worship of her. Sort of like how the writers turned Jaime much more "good" than he became in the books.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:21 AM   #2619
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,066

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
The storyline is the same, yes. But IMO until literally just with the beheading, she has been portrayed as way more competent than she actually was in the books. I think a lot of that had to do with the fan worship of her. Sort of like how the writers turned Jaime much more "good" than he became in the books.
See, I disagree on both scores. The Redemption of Jamie Lannister is one of the finest literary achievements in American fiction over the last 20 years.

The show runners and Nikolaj Coster-Waldau have done a good job of bringing that redemption story to the screen.

And Danny certainly undergoes growing pains, more so in the books. But her character arc is the same in both formats.
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 02:51 PM   #2620
Samiwindr
Perennial Pro-bowler
 
Samiwindr's Avatar
 
Helicopter style

Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 819

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Sly Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Nah, the setup is that the Starks (John and Bran) have moved beyond the petty bull**** of Westeros and are doing actual **** that matters to the salvation of man. Except Aria who's story of angst in the show is as boring and stupid as in the books.
Martin and the show keep Arya around for something grand down the road though. If anything the books aren't known for a slow build to nothing. I would love to see her become a badass assassin that gets revenge on all the remaining names.
Samiwindr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 03:00 PM   #2621
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiwindr View Post
Martin and the show keep Arya around for something grand down the road though. If anything the books aren't known for a slow build to nothing. I would love to see her become a badass assassin that gets revenge on all the remaining names.
And reunite with Nymeria!

Who am I kidding, it's George RR, he'll probably have her kill Nymeria herself.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:14 PM   #2622
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
I will Impregnate you

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 4,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich
Default

So when Sansa meets Ramsay they pan over to some girls. Is that mance and the spearwives?
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:55 PM   #2623
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 12,347

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiwindr View Post
Martin and the show keep Arya around for something grand down the road though. If anything the books aren't known for a slow build to nothing. I would love to see her become a badass assassin that gets revenge on all the remaining names.
Lol. The books, to date, have about 15 story lines going that have been slow builds to nothing. There are way more ends dangling than he's ever going to be able to wrap up cleanly.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:56 PM   #2624
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ
 
PRBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2004
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,479

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Lol. The books, to date, have about 15 story lines going that have been slow builds to nothing. There is way more ends dangling than he's ever going to be able to wrap up cleanly.
Poor old Quentyn Martell springs to mind.
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:42 PM   #2625
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer
 
Johnykbr's Avatar
 
2.0: Now with three speeds!

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,588

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncolife View Post
So when Sansa meets Ramsay they pan over to some girls. Is that mance and the spearwives?
I think it's the women he likes to hunt.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Denver Broncos