The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2015, 08:51 AM   #2576
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Jon Snow goes so hard.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 08:52 AM   #2577
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

L + R = J

Yaaaa heeeaaaaaard!
Old 04-15-2015, 09:15 AM   #2578
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brohemoth View Post
Who is on the show from Spartacus?

And why the hell isn't Gannicus in GoT? He'd be badass.
The first guy the had play The Mountain, Conan Stevens was one.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 09:17 AM   #2579
Garcia Bronco
Hokie since 1993

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tom Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Not to mention Da Vinci isn't an HBO show.

Are people upset that they hired actors with acting credits...?

I don't get the criticism here...
For me...its more I associate them as other characters and then it's like bleeding into another show that may be better or not as good. Here there is fine, but it seems to be getting more and more and it's distracting to me.
Garcia Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:37 PM   #2580
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia Bronco View Post
The first guy the had play The Mountain, Conan Stevens was one.
This and the character banging the targaryiun girl has changed actors three times? It does bother me a bit when they just switch out actors of main characters and substitute in/out like we didn't notice.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 05:41 PM   #2581
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Another thing that bothers me on this show is this dissemination of information. The moment a lannister dies everyone knows that day across the realms. The wall gets attacked and white walkers are seem and Nofa king crap is given. Dragons are seen and nobody cares. The Starks brothers and sisters roam the countryside yet the info is not conveyed.

The impact of data is just not consistent.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #2582
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsanger View Post
Another thing that bothers me on this show is this dissemination of information. The moment a lannister dies everyone knows that day across the realms. The wall gets attacked and white walkers are seem and Nofa king crap is given. Dragons are seen and nobody cares. The Starks brothers and sisters roam the countryside yet the info is not conveyed.

The impact of data is just not consistent.
Lolz, the Lanister world (Kings Landing / Casterly Rock) is like New York City / North Eastern Seaboard, The wall is somewhere out in New Mexico. People are a little more concerned with one rather than the other. The Dragons might as well be in Romania or Bulgaria.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2015, 07:25 PM   #2583
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Once. By all means, don't let that interfere with your gross exaggerations.
We're broncos fans gross exaggerations are our thing.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:57 AM   #2584
PRBronco
2016 OM Mock Draft Champ

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Courage Wolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Lolz, the Lanister world (Kings Landing / Casterly Rock) is like New York City / North Eastern Seaboard, The wall is somewhere out in New Mexico. People are a little more concerned with one rather than the other. The Dragons might as well be in Romania or Bulgaria.
Thanks for not saying the wall is the Canadian border
PRBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 10:31 AM   #2585
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Casey Kreiter

Quote:
That must be rough. Why isn't Han Solo just using his blaster on the Nazis?
I still don't understand how Walter White could get away with cooking meth right under Malcolm in the Middle's nose that whole time. Seems very unrealistic.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:56 AM   #2586
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I still don't understand how Walter White could get away with cooking meth right under Malcolm in the Middle's nose that whole time. Seems very unrealistic.
Next thing you know a misguided youth from West Philadelphia who's mom shipped him off to live with his rich uncle will turn his life around and save the planet from several alien invasions, a robot apocalypse, and be a drunk superhero.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:40 PM   #2587
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Old 04-20-2015, 07:53 AM   #2588
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

So you guys give TWD so much crap for pointless episodes the one last night was very pointless. A whole bunch of meh besides Snow getting lord commander and a dragon showing up at the end only to fly off.

I will say that Uncle Lannister is my fav newish character. So he'll likely be slaughtered pretty soon based upon my history with the show.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:00 AM   #2589
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
So you guys give TWD so much crap for pointless episodes the one last night was very pointless. A whole bunch of meh besides Snow getting lord commander and a dragon showing up at the end only to fly off.

I will say that Uncle Lannister is my fav newish character. So he'll likely be slaughtered pretty soon based upon my history with the show.
Sometimes you need episodes that help branch out plot development. You will see what happens in 3 and 4. It is much better.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:15 AM   #2590
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Sometimes you need episodes that help branch out plot development. You will see what happens in 3 and 4. It is much better.
Yeah, GOT always has transitional episodes, and they are needed when you're dealing with a story of such large scope. Anyone complaining about it is doing so for the sake of complaining.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:29 AM   #2591
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick

~ ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, GOT always has transitional episodes, and they are needed when you're dealing with a story of such large scope. Anyone complaining about it is doing so for the sake of complaining.
The writers of the show often play to the idea of convergence, but in a lot of ways, what people expected didn't happen. I think it helps keep people on their toes and makes them anxious to see how it all plays out especially given the difference in the books versus TV.

They have to do that though, otherwise things would move way too fast and people couldn't absorb it. There are so many characters and side plots. I rarely watch TV, but this show is classic. Love it.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #2592
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
The writers of the show often play to the idea of convergence, but in a lot of ways, what people expected didn't happen. I think it helps keep people on their toes and makes them anxious to see how it all plays out especially given the difference in the books versus TV.

They have to do that though, otherwise things would move way too fast and people couldn't absorb it. There are so many characters and side plots. I rarely watch TV, but this show is classic. Love it.
yeah, exactly. It's just the reality of storytelling. People always want "excitement" and their expectations go through the roof even though they don't even know exactly what they want. Lost was the perfect example of how expectations ruined the experience for some of the fans. But its a compliment to the show to have set those expectations in the first place.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:06 AM   #2593
rmsanger
Elway > PFM

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Again go read the TWD thread and see the juxtaposition of your points and what was being stated there.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:11 AM   #2594
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I love GOT, but Daenerys Targaryen needs a swift kick to her box.

I know it will all tie in together, but her storyline gets stale at times and she makes dumb decisions.

She does look nice naked, but her stupidity in the last episode was frustrating.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:19 AM   #2595
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

For Gort

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Again go read the TWD thread and see the juxtaposition of your points and what was being stated there.
narratively speaking, the walking dead isn't on the remote same level of GOT (granted i stopped watched TWD back in season 3)
Old 04-20-2015, 12:46 PM   #2596
Johnykbr
Ring of Famer

2.0: Now with three speeds!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
BVP

Quote:
I've read both the comics for TWD and the books for GoT. Very few, possibly 1 or 2 only, of the GoT episodes that have been "boring" have not set up future developments.

The TWD on the other hand, has had quite a handful of one-off episodes that do nothing to enhance the story line. We don't need character development on either of these shows but it seems TWD still seems to want to do that.

This probably has to do with the budget and HBO expectations for GoT in that they can't afford to waste time on one-offs but that is just how it is.
Johnykbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:03 PM   #2597
retro
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I've read both the comics for TWD and the books for GoT. Very few, possibly 1 or 2 only, of the GoT episodes that have been "boring" have not set up future developments.

The TWD on the other hand, has had quite a handful of one-off episodes that do nothing to enhance the story line. We don't need character development on either of these shows but it seems TWD still seems to want to do that.

This probably has to do with the budget and HBO expectations for GoT in that they can't afford to waste time on one-offs but that is just how it is.
Also less episodes per season of GOT. It's important that the all be pretty good.
retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:11 AM   #2598
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

bump
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 05:37 AM   #2599
BroncsRule
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I like the divergence from the books. Putting Sansa in Ramsay's clutches instead of Jeane Poole..

Good stuff!
BroncsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #2600
24champ
Obi-Wan Phillips

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandstarter

Last nights episode was quite slow, IMO. Although the Jon Snow storyline has gotten very interesting in the last couple episodes. Last nights execution by Snow was the exact opposite than Daenarys last week. Daenarys was looking away and had someone else do her bidding, looked very weak, IMO compared to Snow.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote