The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who you got?
Lynch 57 67.86%
Trevvv 27 32.14%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
GonzoLays
5 Tool Poster

The next Danny Woodhead!! WHOO!!

Default Siemian vs Lynch. Who you got and why?

In the end, this debate comes down to what you are looking for in your QB, or in other words, what in his prime is he capable of.

Siemian, to me, is Alex Smith. My opinion. Not a player who can put a team on his back and carry them for stretches and games a time. That will get us a bunch of 2nd places finishes, a division title here and there, but nothing more. Like Smith, Siemian is smart, solid, a great citizen, won't kill you type of player. Could I be wrong about him? I hope so. But I doubt it.

Lynch on the other hand, to me, is the great unknown. All I do know is that his chance to be a franchise QB is much higher than Siemians (outside the obvious physical gifts) because he has proven in the past he has the ability to raise the play of those around him and carry a whole university. Lynch single-handedly turned around a morbid Memphis Tiger program from 5 combined wins in THREE YEARS before his arrival, to a 10 win season his sophomore year, and a 8-0 start to his junior year with a top 10 college poll ranking before the wheels fell off. And he did this WITHOUT A SINGLE PLAYER ON OFFENSE GETTING DRAFTED to the NFL while he played at Memphis. They were averaging 45 pts a game all because of Lynch! He beat a loaded Ole Miss team with 10 draft picks, basically, by himself. That's franchise. If he is anything like he was at Memphis, he has the ability to make something out of nothing, make plays where no plays are to be made, and carry a team like a franchise QB does.

So in the end, give me Lynch and let's roll. Is he going to make mistakes? Of course. But at the worst, he can be 2016 Siemian this season in my opinion. Last season, Lynch, including his preseason games, played in 7 games and completed 59% of his passes with 6 tds and 3 ints. Ehh. Meh. Not bad, not bust either.

Giraffe 2.0. Let's roll.

Last edited by GonzoLays; 07-31-2017 at 05:19 PM..
GonzoLays is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2017, 05:19 PM   #2
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!

its Elways 1st round pick. At some point he's going to want to see him start consistently. The sooner that happens the sooner they can find out if he's a bust or legit.

Waiting till 3 years into his contract to even see the product seems silly.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

And..............................take #346

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:24 PM   #4
GonzoLays
5 Tool Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
And..............................take #346

Aaaannnddd, you come to a Broncos message to have virtual relationships and discuss topics besides the Broncos, so you can shut the **** up, jr.

Move along.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:27 PM   #5
Brohemoth
Ring of Famer

Question everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

We have reports that Siemian has regressed or plateaued. He's a 3rd year player with limited athleticism and aggression. And you have a raw 1st rounder in Lynch just now scratching the surface of his potential, and already keeping up with Siemian. If it's close in preseason how can anyone possibly justify Siemian starting? Being a safe game manager isn't the formula to a QBOTF.
Brohemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:31 PM   #6
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Aaaannnddd, you come to a Broncos message to have virtual relationships and discuss topics besides the Broncos, so you can shut the **** up, jr.

Move along.
And.............you could have just bumped one of the other 200 posts about 'Siemien vs Lynch'. Just because you're bored doesn't mean you need to clutter the main board with reruns. And you can shut the **** up too.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:45 PM   #7
GonzoLays
5 Tool Poster

Count the Siemian vs Lynch threads on the first page, buckwheat. But what would you know, you come here to discuss trending topics like bread machines and movies. On a Broncos board. And pick up girls. Virtual Reality TO DA FUULLLEESSTT!

You add nothing. Move DA....wait for it...as I step forwards and backwards, then to side...**** ALONG.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:48 PM   #8
ShaneFalco
Ring of Famer

Tebowtaur

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C Kelly

Chad Kelly
ShaneFalco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:56 PM   #9
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

I am going with Lynch based on this latest MHR report:

"The leather of the ball slapped his skin with a satisfying yet kinky snap, he accepted the ball as he would a new lovers breast, teasing the ball until he found the laces and making the leather pimple up in anticipation of the excellent ride to come.

After setting his feet firmly in the parched Earth, Paxton entered his throwing motion like a cobra ready to strike, his right arm drawing forth the power of a Symphonic conductor as he ready's his downbeat.

Paxton's fingers kissed the ball as it left his hand, those fingers were the last of his body to propel the ball forward. His feet set sweetly, his hips flexing, his arms falling, his eyes looking off the safeties, LB's and D line as those fingers whispered "God Speed my friend...god....speed........"

For a moment after the throw he was spent, like sweet sex on a lazy summer afternoon, with his lover slowly stroking his sweet abs as time, always relative, ticks by slowly as if he were in the pull of gravity much stronger than that of the Earth's.

Then he saw it, Roby streaking by him on his way unimpeded to his goal. Their goals, they were not one in the same but together they intersected like two boats on the ocean at night each steaming away from the other out of sight, forever out of reach.

Alas this play was not woven by the Norn's to be his glory but he contributed to the glory of his defensive teammate and through this chance stolen pass Roby has proven his worth to the team.

For this and other potential Awe as yet unleashed but shining in our minds eyes just out of reach in this reality we agree Lynch should be allowed to start for the next year so we can tell if we should draft another QB next year."
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:56 PM   #10
OABB
Sweet release

into the great nothing

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Tebow
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 05:57 PM   #11
OABB
Sweet release

into the great nothing

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

"The leather of the ball slapped his skin with a satisfying yet kinky snap, he accepted the ball as he would a new lovers breast, teasing the ball until he found the laces and making the leather pimple up in anticipation of the excellent ride to come.

After setting his feet firmly in the parched Earth, Paxton entered his throwing motion like a cobra ready to strike, his right arm drawing forth the power of a Symphonic conductor as he ready's his downbeat.

Paxton's fingers kissed the ball as it left his hand, those fingers were the last of his body to propel the ball forward. His feet set sweetly, his hips flexing, his arms falling, his eyes looking off the safeties, LB's and D line as those fingers whispered "God Speed my friend...god....speed........"

For a moment after the throw he was spent, like sweet sex on a lazy summer afternoon, with his lover slowly stroking his sweet abs as time, always relative, ticks by slowly as if he were in the pull of gravity much stronger than that of the Earth's.

Then he saw it, Roby streaking by him on his way unimpeded to his goal. Their goals, they were not one in the same but together they intersected like two boats on the ocean at night each steaming away from the other out of sight, forever out of reach.

Alas this play was not woven by the Norn's to be his glory but he contributed to the glory of his defensive teammate and through this chance stolen pass Roby has proven his worth to the team.

For this and other potential Awe as yet unleashed but shining in our minds eyes just out of reach in this reality we agree Lynch should be allowed to start for the next year so we can tell if we should draft another QB next year."

LMAO
OABB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:06 PM   #12
R-Mac
Seasoned Veteran

Siemian might not be winning this competition, but Lynch will probably lose it because of mistakes in the scoring area - just like Sanchez. I think this coaching staff will go with the conservative, steady Siemian and, once the season is lost, they will let the wild Lynch play.
R-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:10 PM   #13
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

I don't know what you do for work but you have a career waiting for you in the romance novel arena. I want to date Lynch now.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:15 PM   #14
HAT
I think, therefore I ham.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
That Guy

Darnold.
HAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:32 PM   #15
Rabb
Ring of Famer

Lynch because we have seen Trevor's ceiling.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:41 PM   #16
BroncosfanGuy
don't drink and post

Big Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

KellySloter because we have seen Lynch and Siemian's drawing room
BroncosfanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 06:44 PM   #17
ColoradoDarin
Busting off 2k

Since 1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
KellySloter because we have seen Lynch and Siemian's drawing room
Sloter!
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:00 PM   #18
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
Chad Kelly
THIS

#Preservetheswag
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:06 PM   #19
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

SB50 CHAMPION BRONCOS!

Is it true Bolles is spending extra time on off hours teaching Lynch the playbook?

Riffing ON FIRE!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:14 PM   #20
TheEvilEmpire
Do Your Job

Kiss The Rings

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Jimmy G better than both and more handsome, Jimmy G da gawd.
TheEvilEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:52 PM   #21
MileHighMagic
✝ Proverbs 3:5-6 ✝

"Get my pies outta the oven!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
🎯#13

Trevor Siemian doesn’t have the luxury of developing slowly. Everyone prefers the shiny new toy. He had better get his ass in gear or this golden opportunity will slip through his grasp, and he may never get another shot. This league is a cold, unfair b****. I love 13’s potential, but I am not all that different from y’all in that I want to see his balls drop and show some fire! Smooth and calculated and mechanically sound only gets you so far. Trevor should be owning this job by now and he hasn’t stepped up. Yes, it’s early, but he has a huge advantage in experience over Pax but hasn’t capitalized. I’m surprised by it and disappointed.
All is not lost - one week in camp versus the leagues finest defense could make quite a few young QBs look mediocre, especially considering they’re splitting reps. Trevor is still my guy! He still has the Rodgers-esque, quick release along with his great feet. We just need his intelligence to translate quickly into reading defenses and making the proper reads.

The ceiling/floor argument always makes me laugh. Did Brady have a higher ceiling than Bledsoe? Green or Warner? I’m sure you all can give me a bunch of examples the other way too but I think you get my meaning. It’s BS, really. It’s in our nature to label, but don’t pigeon-hole these guys. I don’t know if any of you played against/with, or were pro athletes, but I would never bet against anyone that has reached that level. They all have it physically; there are so many other intangibles that set them apart. I just hope whatever magic makes the overlooked, under-appreciated players go to the next gear, is inside Trevor. I truly believe he has it in him, he just needs to tap into it, and fast!
MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:55 PM   #22
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoLays View Post
Count the Siemian vs Lynch threads on the first page, buckwheat. But what would you know, you come here to discuss trending topics like bread machines and movies. On a Broncos board. And pick up girls. Virtual Reality TO DA FUULLLEESSTT!

You add nothing. Move DA....wait for it...as I step forwards and backwards, then to side...**** ALONG.
Your question was who you got and why. There are literally probably over 1000 posts and 10 threads on who people are picking and why. And yet somehow that is lost on your tiny little chimp brain and you need to ask everybody, yet again. Don't be upset that you're post is worthless, just try and search next time.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:57 PM   #23
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D Henderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Your question was who you got and why. There are literally probably over 1000 posts and 10 threads on who people are picking and why. And yet somehow that is lost on your tiny little chimp brain and you need to ask everybody, yet again. Don't be upset that you're post is worthless, just try and search next time.

Careful. Gonzo is black.
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:01 PM   #24
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Mobley

Too early to tell on either.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:26 PM   #25
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
Careful. Gonzo is black.
Meaning what? Uh, I caught you there. Careful Drunken, leading the witness, lol.