The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2011, 09:32 PM   #1
TDmvp
Ring of Famer

This ones for Pat...

Default Sports Show with Norm Macdonald

Comedy Central tonight ...

Actually pretty funny. I don't really like Norm's stand up but loved him doing weekend update on SnL and this new show seems to be basically like weekend update but sports.

Worth 30mins and is at least semi funny. Much better then that Onion Sports thing that started awhile back.
TDmvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2011, 06:15 AM   #2
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

The Blake Griffin segment was really funny. This show has potential for sure.

Sportsdome was awful and I hope it not only never comes back, but that all evidence of it is destroyed.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

I almost started a thread saying the exact opposite haha. I didn't think it was funny at all...ESPECIALLY that lame ass Blake griffin segment. The only part that made me crack a smile was the bit about charl schwertzel (sp?). That garbage time segment was horrible.

I dunno, I thought the jokes were all pretty cheesy, and wasn't impressed.

Fwiw I thought the sportsdome was better
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:17 AM   #4
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
I almost started a thread saying the exact opposite haha. I didn't think it was funny at all...ESPECIALLY that lame ass Blake griffin segment. The only part that made me crack a smile was the bit about charl schwertzel (sp?). That garbage time segment was horrible.

I dunno, I thought the jokes were all pretty cheesy, and wasn't impressed.

Fwiw I thought the sportsdome was better
This is my fear...I personally think Norm MacDonald is a genius. His whole shtick has always been obviously cheesy jokes with really oblivious delivery. It gets me every time, but most people just don't seem into it.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:43 AM   #5
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
This is my fear...I personally think Norm MacDonald is a genius. His whole shtick has always been obviously cheesy jokes with really oblivious delivery. It gets me every time, but most people just don't seem into it.
Ya know, I've always enjoyed norm, and your description is spot on. Obvious jokes with obvious delivery. For some reason though, I just didn't find this particular venture of his humorous at all I'm really hoping it grows on me
Old 04-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #6
2KBack
Rumblin' Bumblin'

Cake is delicious

Quote:
Ya know, I've always enjoyed norm, and your description is spot on. Obvious jokes with obvious delivery. For some reason though, I just didn't find this particular venture of his humorous at all I'm really hoping it grows on me
Pilots are often the worst episodes, so there is hope there. That said...Norm's stuff almost always fails. I even liked his failed sitcom and I think it only last like 6 episodes.
2KBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #7
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Norm's a comedian's comedian. One of the best out there.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:48 PM   #8
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Norm's a genius. but he's a comic's comic. audiences used to fart jokes won't get his humor. i think he's hilarious. his roast of Bob Saget is the stuff of legend.

here's the Blake Griffin segment from last night. i like the "sweet Gordy Howe!" line... most audiences won't recognize that Norm's Canadian and goofing on the notion that Canadians only know/care about hockey.

Gort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 05:41 PM   #9
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

My brother dvr'd this. We watched it today. I have to say I am tired of internet video/talk soup esque/sports parody shows. I thought it was lame.

Archer81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #10
Broncobiv
Tee many martoonis

I enjoyed it, and the opening segment definitely reminded me of Weekend Update on SNL (Norm is probably my favorite WU host).

But that brought along a small problem...I found myself wanting him to go into other topics besides just sports!
Broncobiv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 PM   #11
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
Pilots are often the worst episodes, so there is hope there. That said...Norm's stuff almost always fails. I even liked his failed sitcom and I think it only last like 6 episodes.
I loved that show of him being the ex hockey player with the gambling problem. I hate when shows dont get a fair chance. Need to check this one out as I dig his delivery about the obvious.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:35 AM   #12
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

If you don't think Norm MacDonald is funny, there is a 100% chance that you are an unfunny piece of ****, and I don't like you. Period end of story.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
If you don't think Norm MacDonald is funny, there is a 100% chance that you are an unfunny piece of ****, and I don't like you. Period end of story.
Now there will be 1000s of Maners lying that they dont like Norm McDonald. You not liking someone is a badge of honor for the receipient.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:29 PM   #14
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Now there will be 1000s of Maners lying that they dont like Norm McDonald. You not liking someone is a badge of honor for the receipient.
This is exactly the type of person who doesn't actually think he's funny anyway.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:06 AM   #15
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

I just watched it with my wife a second time. Was crying from laughing so hard with the bit with the kid dancing in the street.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 05:01 AM   #16
Karenin
Perennial Pro-bowler

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
04-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Remove user from ignore list
broncocalijohn
This message is hidden because broncocalijohn is on your ignore list.
You still trolling me old man? You know, when I'm your age I certainly hope my life isn't as pathetic as yours. Just a bitter, old, fat, gray haired shell of a man, taking out all his anger for his failed life on others.
Karenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 06:02 AM   #17
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Norm is not for everyone. If you get his humor, he is really on par with some of the greats. If you don't, he's Dane Cook.....
Ray Finkle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 AM   #18
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I just watched it with my wife a second time. Was crying from laughing so hard with the bit with the kid dancing in the street.
see, maybe that's part of why I didn't find it so amusing. I've seen a LOT of the stuff he had (tosh did a web redemption with the ice cream truck guy that was absolutely hilarious) on other shows...so maybe if I'd seen it there first it would've been better.

Chris hit the nail on the head, the market is already saturated with these types of shows.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:19 AM   #19
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
see, maybe that's part of why I didn't find it so amusing. I've seen a LOT of the stuff he had (tosh did a web redemption with the ice cream truck guy that was absolutely hilarious) on other shows...so maybe if I'd seen it there first it would've been better.

Chris hit the nail on the head, the market is already saturated with these types of shows.
Yeah that may be it. I've never watched tosh and saw that clip for the first time. Plus, norm and his brand of comedy is something I find amusing
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #20
Gort
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Yeah that may be it. I've never watched tosh and saw that clip for the first time. Plus, norm and his brand of comedy is something I find amusing
the thing about Norm is he apparently doesn't give a sh*t if mass audiences think he's funny. he knows he's funny and it amuses him to play to the back of the house (when other comics are around) rather than the front of the house. but when he's sitting down in an interview setting telling anecdotes, he's hilarious. that's why he kills on the talk shows (Stern, Letterman, Conan, Dennis Miller, etc.).

he's basically the "funny friend" who you hang out with at a bar for 4 or 5 hours being entertained by his hilarious stories. only he's funny enough to get paid to make a living at it.
Gort is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:28 PM   #21
Shananahan

If you're somebody who finds Daniel Tosh funnier than Norm Macdonald, there is just no hope for you.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #22
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karenin View Post
You still trolling me old man? You know, when I'm your age I certainly hope my life isn't as pathetic as yours. Just a bitter, old, fat, gray haired shell of a man, taking out all his anger for his failed life on others.
Awesom! Got my badge of honor. Not being like by Karry must mean I am doing something correct. As if one of the biggest douchebags on the Mane has any pull. Im all smiles. (I guess if he took me off iggy , which he will to read this, he would see I am not fat, old with a touch of gray on the sides).